Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22593 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Dede1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2011
Ajillo:

What will you say about the recent statement credited to General T.Y. Danjuma that late General Aguiyi Ironsi, who was killed as a military Head of State, was a useless man. What is your reaction?

Aguiyi Ironsi was indeed a useless man and died as one too. Major Patrick Nzeogwu once referred to Aguiyi Ironsi as a mere army desk clerk. I really hate to hear Aguiyi’s name in debates.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Intrepid1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2011
Dede1:

Aguiyi Ironsi was indeed a useless man and died as one too. Major Patrick Nzeogwu once referred to Aguiyi Ironsi as a mere army desk clerk. I really hate to hear Aguiyi’s name in debates.

Do not open your trap and talk SHIT about people you know nothing about, oga. If I come here today and say your dad is an adulterer because your landlord said so, would that make my argument valid?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
dayokanu:

This man is super intelligent
OP thanks for bringing this topic. Can you read how he floored the Oyinbo Journalist?

If only we have leaders like this nowadays, Someone who can stand to Westerners and call their BS in their face

Someone who can open up Nigeria's illegal drugs trade. Floored or disgusted? Probably was thanking god he wasn't born an African.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by houvest: 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2011
, Nigerian Civil War: How Adekunle, Obasanjo caused mass killings
On June 19, 2010 · In Interview , 
…Ojukwu should have renounced Biafra
By Chioma Gabriel,Deputy Editor Uduma Kalu
It is 40 years after the Nigerian civil war but the echoes will never die. Many books have been written and one of those being expected is that of Brigadier General Godwin Alabi Isama who was Chief of Staff to Gen. BenjaminAdekunle,the Black Scorpion known for his role in routing the Biafrans and credited for the Nigerian victory in Port Harcourt.
But Isama, who paid a visit to the Vanguard  office and met with its team of Editors last Monday, explains how his strategy won the war as well as the mass deaths which Adekunle and Gen Olusegun Obasanjo caused during the war.

Brigadier General Godwin Alabi Isama
He was responsible for the recruitment of such Northern soldiers  such as the present Senate President, David Mark, John Shagaya and Raji Rasaki, when the caliphate asked that northern soldiers be recruited into the army in large numbers.

He was the acting governor of the then Bendel state when Gen Ogbemudia went on leave.

On whether he regrets fighting the war as his fellow soldier, Gen Alani Akinrade said, Isama said he would want a one united country but that there should be a discourse on how to make the country work. And that the wrong people are in power.

The first coupists, like Major Kaduna Nzeogwu he went on, had an idea of what they wanted to do for the country.  Nzeogwu, he said, did not want to be president but others that came later were after money because they came from poor background.

Why were you thrown out of the military?

I was thrown out of the military because I kept arguing on so many things. During the war, we were doing very well. I was Chief of Staff to Adekunle. From Calabar to Port Harcourt was 300 miles. I had to move the troops from Calabar to Port Harcourt. We could have done that from Bonny to Port Harcourt, which was just 50 miles. So, why 300 miles? The debate was very robust. Adekunle saw the potential in me and what I was talking about.

He had to go to Lagos because as soon he captured Port Harcourt, we would be dealing with core Igbo heartland. To do that, we needed to be ready. The tactics in the riverine area must change for another tactics on the ground. I am writing a book on this subject because everybody has been claiming excellence when they were nobody.

I wouldn’t have been able to write the book if I didn’t come home to renovate my mother’s home at Ilorin which was falling. And the woman did so well.

To allow my mother’s house to fall like that I think was an abomination. That wasn’t right. So I started renovating my mother’s house. I opened her room and there was a big box. The box had my pictures of  the war, over a 1000,  with the original map of the war all over again. So I started writing my book.

Problem with our military strategy
What caused the problem in the military was strategy and tactics. I went to Tactics and Strategy School in Pakistan.

There are certain things you do not do. Why would you want to capture Umuahia and not look for the centre of gravity of the people you are fighting against? The aim was not to kill them. The aim was to end the war.

We took Enugu. The war did not end. We took Okigwe, Awgu, Umuahia. The war did not end. We took Obubra, Ugep. It did not end. The point is:  where was the centre of gravity that you will hold the man properly and he will surrender?

We went to Port Harcourt. All kinds of people were coming in with food and ammunition and all that. He (Ojukwu) survived. He continued the war. One division went to capture Umuahia on 22nd of April 1969. It did not end. They just caused panic.

Adekunle and His Men
The point was that he was not listening to me. When he was not listening to me, we were losing men. From Calabar to Port Harcourt, Adekunle was not there. He was in Lagos trying to get supplies so that when we get to Port Harcourt, we regroup, reorganise and move on. Because we would now be facing the core Igbo heartland.

I had 8 casualties in men and one dead for the 300 miles, whereas when we started OAU, that is to go and capture Owerri, Aba and Umuahia, that was rubbish. What would you need Umuahia for? Why must you capture Aba, Owerri?

Would it end the war? And everywhere we attacked, people died. May be, it was  the part in me that will not let me see people die, and for the fact that my mother had warned me never to kill anybody that looked at me in the face. My mother bought five canes.

One for me, one for Adekunle, Ariyo, Akinrade, and Abubakar. We never carried any weapon during the war. The aim was not to kill these people; but cause enough panic and let them just surrender. But a lot of my people wanted it otherwise. Because I opposed the OAU, Adekunle quarrelled, and tried to ambush me. I have pictures on this subject.

So, we came back. Akinriade and I came to Lagos and complained to Gen Gowon. It was the eve of Gen. Gowon’s marriage. After he had listened to Gen Akinrade, Gen Gowon said every officer that had been there for over two years…

He needed to change everybody, rather than change Adekunle. Adekunle started saying there were too many Yoruba in the headquarters. Too many Yoruba? Was it an ethnic war?  We were not fighting Igbos. We were fighting Biafrans.

He did not want to hear Biafrans. All the Igbos were not Biafrans. There were many of them in the Lagos area and in other parts of Nigeria. We were fighting the secessionists. You called them rebels. I understand but I was calling them the Biafrans. Even in my book, I was writing Biafrans.

So they changed them and Obasanjo came in. Obasanjo, (laughs) when he came in, the same mistake that Adekunle made was what my brother made. Soldiers died, and I’m talking in thousands, not just in hundreds. Nigerian  troops.

Three Marine Commando had captured Owerri and they were surrounded inside Owerri. For 7 months, they were besieged.

This same beleaguered troops, you told them to go back to attack Owerri. The place they defended with all their sweat and blood became their burial ground. It was not necessary. (Begins to draw a map, showing the distances between Aba, Owerri, Umuahia, Port Harcourt, Elele, Okrika). I was in all these places. It was my plan. It was tactics. It was my strategy.

Now,  we have captured this place. Two officers again did not do the right thing there. There was what we called 15 brigade. There was 16 brigade. And there was14 brigade, all to enter Owerri. After capturing Owerri, would it end the war?

Aba we had captured Biafrans recaptured it again. ‘When something went wrong, it was either you would send Akinrade or you would Alabi Isama. We had to make sure… We know you sent us there. There are other officers in this place.

There were more than 50 but you will send Alabi or you will send Akinrade. Let us discuss so that you don’t send us there when things went wrong.’

We recaptured Aba. Shande died. He was one of our classmates. This man, name withheld, went to a place called Jokoju. This one from Oguta area withdrew to a place called Omoku. This man  remained in there. Even Biafran officers and soldiers said that was the best officer in the Nigerian army. He did not surrender. He came out with dead bodies, his refugees, and prisoners of war. And you people could not go from here. There was a sector commander here called Godwin Ade.

They did not have to go and attack everybody. But by the time you appear at the back and people are attacking here, they will escape. They didn’t do that. We lost so many men. And it became a situation where my enemy, if he is your enemy, becomes my friend. If you are my enemy, and he is our enemy, then both of us are friends.

All we needed to do was to forget Owerri. It happened in the Battle of the Bulge, during the WW2. The American general there, he was in a town called Bastogne. The Germans made a quick attack into Antwerp. But Thomas Bradley went to party with Eisenhower who had been promoted to Allied Commander. They were at the party when the Germans captured all these places.

Eisenhower did not panic. Why Nigerians panic I don’t know. And that has also affected the way we are in the country. We approach problems like fire brigade. You need to plan ahead. You need to move step by step. You can’t  climb the ladder from the top. You will fall.

Eisenhower told his guests, don’t panic. Thomas Bradley, you can finish your drink. He moved the British Gen Montgomery from the north, and Patton from the south. By the time they captured here (centre between captured towns), 120, 000 Germans were captured, or wounded or killed. Our people do not need to panic. I was a bit too loud for all of them.

When the war ended, we had these senior officers, and super permanent secretaries. How did they become super? Super Permanent secretaries? Because anytime they were in a nightclub, for instance, they would say, tomorrow, two plus two will be five. And you will say who told you two plus two will be five in Nigeria? They will say don’t worry, tomorrow.

And then the poor soldier…. We were only school certificate people. That was the requirement to join the military so that they could mould you. They didn’t need university graduates. University graduates were not there at time.

What about Ojukwu?
I am talking of my classmates. Ojukwu was already in the army. He was our senior. They didn’t want anymore university graduates. University graduates would argue with you. They wanted somebody they would mould into a zombie. They would mould you into leadership in the military.

Akinrade should have moved to Aba. Alabi Isama from Ikot Ekpene should have moved to Umuahia. Why? When I told my seniors they didn’t understand it.

Obasanjo
Back to super perm secs. Now, you’ve told everybody, two times will be five in the nightclub. Everybody will wake up half drunk,  if not drunk. Ladies and gentlemen, we are together. We have an army English—  two times two is five.

Everybody would clap. A lot of us could not understand. We couldn’t do anything about it. If  you talked, you are out. I was not one of those that could do what the boss wanted.

I was  the Principal General Staff of the Army. I started sending army officers to the university. There was none that went from the army to the university before my time in 1977. And I started sending officers to the university. Why? Because you were not to do bush training because they would say you are going to organise a coup.

I don’t know how university admission was organised. I called the education officer. Give me an education man who went to the university to come to the army headquarters. I was the first to move an education team to army headquarters.

They gave me one Captain Okurigido and from there Okurigido organised… You pass your exam, any university in the world, you are there. And that was how we built a qualitative army. The thing was how to build a qualitative army.

There were officers like Ishola Williams. He was a good junior officer. I had another, Layi Yusuf.

We were taught in the military to listen to our officers from where you would take a decision. Even though the bucks stopped on your desk but you must listened to the experts on their various fields. You do not have a preserve of knowledge.

Now, they have a preserve of knowledge. They tell you what to do, even though it’s wrong but they tell you must do it. I couldn’t stand the nonsense. At the end of the day, I was thrown out.

But then, there is something in my book. Because they did not know what to do. If you don’t want this man, just tell him to go. You don’t have to give me a name. They had to give me a name. Because if there was an exam, and you can’t promote someone who came second or third unless the man who came first did something wrong. It would be wrong to kick him out.

So, they were not sure how to kick this man out. They lied, then published a government paper which will be in my book. That’s how I left the military in 1977.

But using the same strategy, I went to the United States, and the man who employed me announced me president of the company. He became my deputy.

Ojukwu
Obasanjo said his generation fought for the unity of Nigeria. Can you say you fought for the unity of Nigeria?
No.

What did they say you did in the military?

You want me to tell you what’s in my book? That’s ok. It was that Alabi Isama attempted to steal N300, 000. That’s a lot of money at that time. I had more opportunity than all of them. I was the commander of 36, 000 troops from Calabar to Port Harcourt. All we did was to say no soldier must get a salary. We give you an allowance in case you want to eat kolanuts.

Because most of the soldiers, their families depended on them. We wanted their families to get their salaries back home. Your children had to go to school. Most of the wives were not working and my people didn’t see this. They wanted to pay full salary to the troops.

Let me  tell you, it is not off record. Any army officer that you see that built a house would have stolen the money. Because how much was the salary that we now have mansions? We own properties and estates all over the country.
But generals are rich

Yes, generals are rich but with what salary? That’s the question I’m asking. What salary? In the military? Buying and selling? Where did you get the funds from? Some said they wrote a book. I want to see the book you wrote. Some said they got loans. What was the collateral? I think we are lying to ourselves in this country.

One of the fall-outs of the war was the issue of abandoned properties at Port Harcourt. If the war truly ended, why were those properties not returned to the original owners?

Were there abandoned properties in Lagos or South West or elsewhere apart from Port Harcourt? The issue of abandoned property should be looked at three dimensions: the locations, who sold them and to whom? Abandoned properties, the way I see them are loots of war. The houses in question were taken by the soldiers and sold to the soldiers who later resold them. I remember I was approached to buy one and I didn’t because I didn’t have the money to pay for one.

But I tell you, if you have a property that was taken, you could reclaim them. All you have to do is present documents of ownership, find out from the present owner how he got the property and from there, begin your investigation. The people whose properties were taken in Port Harcourt have not made any case seriously. If they did, they will get them back.

In Lagos, there were no abandoned properties. When the Igbos left for their homeland, their neighbours collected their rent and when they returned after the war, they took back their houses. There is nothing like abandoned property.

So many Igbos were killed during the war. Would you accept that the Nigerian Army committed genocide?

What do you mean by genocide? Who started killing first? Nzeogwu and his team killed first. They killed a man and his wife who were sleeping. The Hausas would not kill women.

But a man and his wife were killed. If you had killed my mother, I would not only have killed the family but I would have  killed the neighbours and levelled the area. You see, Ojukwu committed a crime against the Igbos by leading them to the war he was not prepared for. If Ojukwu had forgiven, if he had embraced dialogue, things would  not have gone that far.

The North was fighting against Biafra and not the Igbos. Biafra was beyond the Igbos. It was the entire Eastern region. Some people in the Mid-West and even in the West believed in Biafra. Somebody like Banjo did . So, it was not against the Igbos.

When Ojukwu seceded, Gowon wanted to take the Hausas back to the North. He didn’t want to fight He thought there was no need for the war but the entire European world asked him to fight a war of unity. And that was what we in the Nigerian Army fought: a war of unity.

We didn’t set out to kill but to reclaim Biafra for Nigeria. I was in the 3rd Marine Commando and I came back with several  captives of war and didn’t kill them. Their leader became my P.A. But when you go about killing women and children, what else do you expect? Ojukwu should apologise to the Igbos. He shouldn’t have led them to war because he had nothing to fight with. If he had wanted a war, he would have embraced dialogue and dragged it on till he got fully prepared for war. But he had nothing.

Only the Ogbunigwe and a few weapons he got from a sympathetic nation. He had no air control and no sea ways control. All his flanks were open and he led Biafra to war. Ojukwu should have maintained dialogue.I still maintain that his pardon was a fraud.

He did not apologise for the war and he did not renounce Biafra on his return. He should have been taken to a radio station to renounce Biafra but he was not. He was given a hero’s welcome which is why I said that his pardon was a fraud. In a war that would have claimed about 20,000 people, more than two million people died.

That was genocide. When you kill innocent women and children, bomb churches and just destroyed things. You remember the incident at Asaba where people were massacred for nothing.

Well, I don’t know about that. I told you I brought captives back and they were alive. I didn’t kill them. They worked with me and showed me the way out afterwards. What happened at Asaba was a bad case in a war situation. I have the book, Blood on the Niger and anybody who would have done what happened at Asaba must have a good reason for it.

We fought a war of unity. We came to the East to reclaim Biafra for Nigeria and not to fight.

You are from the Delta region but you refer to Ilorin as home. How come Ilorin is home.

My mother was from Ilorin but my father from Delta.My father had two wives but he died My mother went back to Ilorin. The other wife is Mama Beatrice and she has my photos when I was four years old. I have a house in Delta and all my children and grand-children will be there this December.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/nigerian-civil-war-how-adekunle-obasanjo-caused-mass-killings/
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by houvest: 7:14pm On Nov 30, 2011
Dede1:

AND WHY DO YOU SAY THIS? AN OFT REPEATED PROPAGANDA OF DANJUMA TO JUSTIFY MURDERING HIS BOSS. PLEASE EDUCATE ME HOW HE WAS USELESS
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by houvest: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
Lt-Gen Akinrinade Regrets Fighting Civil War

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akinrinade raises fear of Nigeria�s disintegration
By Dayo Benson & James Ezema
Thursday, November 12, 2009

LAGOS�A former Chief of Army Staff and ex-Chief of Defence Staff, Lieutenant-General Alani Akinrinade (rtd), yesterday warned that the country risks disintegration unless true federalism is restored.

He also regretted his participation in the Nigerian-Biafran civil war.

Akinrinade said if he had known that the country would find itself in its present state, he would not have fought in the war to keep the country together.

He spoke at a forum, �The New Nigeria Dialogue� organised by the International Centre for Reconstruction and Development to mark the 55th birthday of Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos.

According to him, �If I had known that the country would turn to what it is today, I would not have fought the civil war to keep Nigeria one.�

He stressed that as a soldier he would fight to defend the country against external aggressors but would never fight internal war again.

He described the sacrifice and patriotic duty as a waste of time and efforts, declaring that post-civil war Nigeria is not a country of his dream.

Speakers, including Professor Ropo Sekoni, Mr. Alfred Ilenre, Chief Fred Agbeyegbe and Mr. Tony Nnadi spoke on: �The Nigerian Federation: Fundamental Flaws and Creative Reforms.�

At the event, chaired by ex-governor of Lagos State, Rear-Admiral Ndubusi Kanu (rtd), were ex-Osun State Gov, Chief Bisi Akande; Dr. Amos Akingba, Mr. Wale Oshun, Mrs. Jumoke Anifowose, Mr. Tokunbo Ajasin, Mr. Bisi Adegbuyi, Mr. Adedapo Adeniran, Mr. Sam Ayedogbon and others.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/12/

WHO KNOWS ADEKUNLE MAY HAVE HIS OWN REGRETS NOW. LET'S WAIT TILL THE MAN SPEAKS.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The same way you shouldnt credit the glory of the biafara war on oju-iku rather on those soldiers who stood their ground and fought til the end even when the so called commander ran away leaving them to die.The point has been made.war is about victory and not glory.nigeria won,biafara lose.deal with it.

You sure you want to stand by that ignorant statement smiley?: Nigeria won the war, yet are worse off than they were 41 years ago? Go figure!!!

Don't you think if Nigeria lost the war, they (this includes you and your gloating ilk) would be a tad better off than is presently the case?

Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face.

On "dealing with it": sure we're dealing with it. You and i both.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Nov 30, 2011
Does it matter what happened 41yrs later?

Japan and Germany lost the war in 1945, Does it matter if their country is better than many of the countries who formed the Allied forces?

Simple Biafra lost the war. Benjamin Adekunle demolished all the Biafra warlords in the art of war
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by houvest: 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Does it matter what happened 41yrs later?

Japan and Germany lost the war in 1945, Does it matter if their country is better than many of the countries who formed the Allied forces?

Simple Biafra lost the war. Benjamin Adekunle demolished all the Biafra warlords in the art of war

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING THIS QUESTION? SOMETIMES I THINK I AM DISCUSSING WITH KIDS ON nl? THEY JUST WANT TO TALK FOR THE FUN OF IT? SO WHAT MATTERS IS TO WIN A WAR, LET WHAT CAUSED THE WAR CONTINUE UNDERMINING THE NATION TILL ANOTHER WAR COMES, YOU PROBABLY WIN IT AGAIN THEN SINK INTO THE MEDIEVAL PERIOD TILL THE VISCIOUS CIRCLE HAPPENS AGAIN. ASK YOURSELF WHY IS EVERYBODY TALKING ABOUT SNC. THE SAME THING ABURI TENDED TO ADDRESS OVER 40 YEARS AGO? ABURI COULD HAVE AVOIDED THE WAR IF GOWON KEPT HIS PART OF THE BARGAIN BUT HE PREFERRED TO FIGHT A WAR WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE PROBLEMS THAT CAUSED IT AND SO TODAY WE ARE STILL THIS WAY.

ADEKUNLE YOU ARE GLOATING OVER HIS WAR EXPLOITS DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT WAR WAS ALL ABOUT. HE EQUATED WAR WITH GENOCIDE AND HAD TO BE REMOVED BY THOSE HE WAS FIGHTING FOR FOR HIS WRONG UNDERSTANDING OF WARFARE.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2011
houvest:

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING THIS QUESTION? SOMETIMES I THINK I AM DISCUSSING WITH KIDS ON nl? THEY JUST WANT TO TALK FOR THE FUN OF IT? SO WHAT MATTERS IS TO WIN A WAR, LET WHAT CAUSED THE WAR CONTINUE UNDERMINING THE NATION TILL ANOTHER WAR COMES, YOU PROBABLY WIN IT AGAIN THEN SINK INTO THE MEDIEVAL PERIOD TILL THE VISCIOUS CIRCLE HAPPENS AGAIN. ASK YOURSELF WHY IS EVERYBODY TALKING ABOUT SNC. THE SAME THING ABURI TENDED TO ADDRESS OVER 40 YEARS AGO? ABURI COULD HAVE AVOIDED THE WAR IF GOWON KEPT HIS PART OF THE BARGAIN BUT HE PREFERRED TO FIGHT A WAR WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE PROBLEMS THAT CAUSED IT AND SO TODAY WE ARE STILL THIS WAY.

ADEKUNLE YOU ARE GLOATING OVER HIS WAR EXPLOITS DID NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT WAR WAS ALL ABOUT. HE EQUATED WAR WITH GENOCIDE AND HAD TO BE REMOVED BY THOSE HE WAS FIGHTING FOR FOR HIS WRONG UNDERSTANDING OF WARFARE.

^^^ You want to have a well thought out conversation with that one? Good luck mate, as you'll need it wink. He comes across as a child for some reason.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by OLASODE2K: 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
the truth is that such type of unguarded statement is not good enough to be uttered by a commander publicly. if any soldier commited wholesame massacres, would he be free for having directly called for such publicly. i am very embarrassed when fellow tried to defend this indefensible statements by comparing it to worse battles. i understand military officers are naturally gentlemen, cultured and very mindful of all they do. i believe u can better defeat an enemy who respects u a lot than through fear. krieg ohne hasse means war without hatred was the constant order erwin rommel, the most successful and also most feared by the allieds, german general during WW11. uptill now, he is the only hitler general whose huge successes in france and north africa were achieved without a single massacre. he even disobeyed hitler on several instances to massacre people and enemy soldiers. This way, ur enemy trust u and can easily surrender without any fear. can u surrender to an officer who promised to shoot even when u are surrendering with a white handkerchief in the air?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by freepeople: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2011
OLASODE2K:

the truth is that such type of unguarded statement is not good enough to be uttered by a commander publicly. if any soldier commited wholesame massacres, would he be free for having directly called for such publicly. i am very embarrassed when fellow tried to defend this indefensible statements by comparing it to worse battles. i understand military officers are naturally gentlemen, cultured and very mindful of all they do. i believe u can better defeat an enemy who respects u a lot than through fear. krieg ohne hasse means war without hatred was the constant order erwin rommel, the most successful and also most feared by the allieds, german general during WW11.  uptill now, he is the only hitler general whose huge successes in france and north africa were achieved without a single massacre. he even disobeyed hitler on several instances to massacre people and enemy soldiers. This way, your enemy trust u and can easily surrender without any fear. can u surrender to an officer who promised to shoot even when u are surrendering with a white handkerchief in the air?

Thank you my dear. How I wish to get more of people like you from our Yoruba neighbour. Gen. Stanley McChrystal was relieved of his duty when he made a less offensive comment. I'm appalled that an educated and proud tribe as Yorubas did not distance themselves from such comment. Is this an example of Yoruba hypocrisy? It is well documented that many mass graves were unearthed after Biafran forces retook Owerri from Adekunle forces. I think you understands the issue at stake. Adekunle is never a great military tactician. How come the ill-equipped Biafran forces were able to seize the control of Owerri from him? His comment is genocidal in nature. I would rather die than surrender to a war criminal like adekunle. Someday it will be the turn of another ethnic group to experience the Igbo style of ordeal. Nigeria has no future if people can condone such comment.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2011
freepeople:

Thank you my dear. How I wish to get more of people like you from our Yoruba neighbour. Gen. Stanley McChrystal was relieved of his duty when he made a less offensive comment. I'm appalled that an educated and proud tribe as Yorubas did not distance themselves from such comment. Is this an example of Yoruba hypocrisy? It is well documented that many mass graves were unearthed after Biafran forces retook Owerri from Adekunle forces. I think you understands the issue at stake. Adekunle is never a great military tactician. How come the ill-equipped Biafran forces were able to seize the control of Owerri from him? His comment is genocidal in nature. [size=18pt]I would rather die than surrender to a war criminal like adekunle[/size]. It would be the turn of another ethnic group to experience the Igbo style of ordeal. Nigeria has no future if people can condone such comment.

Thank you jare, AT least you would have the decency to die and not run away to Abidjan like one war lord we all know.

Have the Americans distanced themselves from those who bombed Hiroshima and nagasaki?

have the Soviets distanced themselves from the commanders of the troops that invaded Berlin?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by freepeople: 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Thank you jare, AT least you would have the decency to die and not run away to Abidjan like one war lord we all know.

Have the Americans distanced themselves from those who bombed Hiroshima and nagasaki?

have the Soviets distanced themselves from the commanders of the troops that invaded Berlin?

But none of those commanders declared their genocidal intent to the world.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2011
Does it matter if you declared it or you carried it out?

Ok I get you If I dont declare it but I carry it out I am not guilty?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2011
a soldier's soldier. cool

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2011
A runaway biatch

Which soldier runs in the front of war and allows the enemy to ravages his people
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2011
show me ONE yoruba soldier that led 90% yoruba soldiers to fight anybody in Nigeria
answer is a big fat ZEROshocked none! nada! zilch! shocked shocked
one ran away even before the first shot was fired. the other one sh!tt and peed his pants while sucking aboki diickk.
your uncle was the figure head of a northern army. his @ss was still whooped!
you are a very very very weak people.
now salute a soldier here! oya go!  cool

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2011
Quoting Oyb

i swear it sucks to have so few heroes that you have to celebrate a coward who abandoned ship

i wonder what it says about the people who celebrate him

perhaps they too would run and leave their families to the tender mercies of vandals and robbers?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
show me ONE [/b]yoruba soldier that led 90% yoruba soldiers to fight anybody in Nigeria
answer is a big fat [b]ZERO.
shocked grin none! nada! zilch! shocked shocked chineke! none! grin grin
one ran away even before the first shot was fired. the other one sh!tt and peed his pants while sucking aboki diickk.
your uncle was the figure head of a northern army. his @ss was still whooped! cool
now salute a soldier here! oya go! cool cool
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by freepeople: 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Does it matter if you declared it or you carried it out?

Ok I get you If I dont declare it but I carry it out I am not guilty?

I get a feeling that you are still sucking feeding bottle.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2011
I have a feeling you were born retardeed or was did you acquire it over time?
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 30, 2011
americans called the vietcong charlie
they called japanese the japs/the nips
brits called germans jerries
germans called brits tommies

the biafrans called nigerians 'the vandals' - maybe they thought war is some sort of expedition in which you discipline unruly boys.their choice of name says everything that needs to be said - they empty headed delusions of grandeur which have ben amply demonstrated on nl, as a malfunctioning civil war cannon (ogbwetin) was elevated to a super railgun that wiped out entire battalions with precision guided uranium slugs
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
i found a strange animal in the history of the war.
meet it.  cool
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by eherbal(m): 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2011
Adekunle Fajuyi;My Hero, I have a lot to thank you for
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by eherbal(m): 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2011
realchange:

show me ONE [/b]yoruba soldier that led 90% yoruba soldiers to fight anybody in Nigeria
answer is a big fat [b]ZERO.
  shocked  grin  none! nada! zilch!    shocked shocked chineke! none!  grin grin
your uncle was the figure head of a northern army. his @ss was still whooped!  cool
now salute a soldier here! oya go!   cool cool
Ojukwu did not fight in the war,he only gave orders to subs and foot soldiers.after sending them to their early graves,he opted for use of their infants to fight his deluded war.He Should've been charged for use of under aged kids after their parents has been sent to the great beyond.After all was said and done, he fled for his life when death stared him in the face,and you're here celebrating him!The man was a hypocrite and suffered from narcissism disorder. They don't make them like Ghadaffi no more,
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by realchange: 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2011
i'm still waiting for the name of that Yoruba army officer that led 90% yoruba soldiers to confront invaders in Nigeria.
answer still NONE. they ALL ran away or hide behind aboki soldiers to throw woman punches.
y'all are really very very very weak people.
quite sad. sad
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2011
e-herbal:

Adekunle Fajuyi;My Hero, I have a lot to thank you for

Better start thanking him by visiting him, because, apparently, he has been abandoned by everyone.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by eherbal(m): 12:03am On Dec 01, 2011
freepeople:

Thank you my dear. How I wish to get more of people like you from our Yoruba neighbour. Gen. Stanley McChrystal was relieved of his duty when he made a less offensive comment. I'm appalled that an educated and proud tribe as Yorubas did not distance themselves from such comment. Is this an example of Yoruba hypocrisy? It is well documented that many mass graves were unearthed after Biafran forces retook Owerri from Adekunle forces. I think you understands the issue at stake. Adekunle is never a great military tactician. How come the ill-equipped Biafran forces were able to seize the control of Owerri from him? His comment is genocidal in nature. I would rather die than surrender to a war criminal like adekunle. Someday it will be the turn of another ethnic group to experience the Igbo style of ordeal. Nigeria has no future if people can condone such comment.
guy,calm down. you're over reacting. This was war time. People could not be held liable for statement alluded to them. Enemies, during war times can be likened to objects or animals. In Fajuyi's case he felt comfortable describing the Ibos as both. Even the Yorubas sometimes describe them as"Eran Oko".I hope this clears your misconceptions about the man's statement,thank you
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 12:05am On Dec 01, 2011
Dont mistake Benjamin Adekunle for Adekunle Fajuyi 2 different people

Fajuyi died with Irosi, Black Scorpion is still alive
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ezeagu(m): 12:06am On Dec 01, 2011
I wouldn't know the difference.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by eherbal(m): 12:08am On Dec 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Dont mistake Benjamin Adekunle for Adekunle Fajuyi 2 different people

Fajuyi died with Irosi, Black Scorpion is still alive
my bad,thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Of Sahara Reporters Released / Oyetola: Osun Will Deliver One Million Votes For Tinubu / EFCC: Why Yahaya Bello Can’t Evade Arrest, Prosecution — Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.