Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,045 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22562 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2011
I want see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no World Council of Churches, no pope, no missionary, and no United Nations Delegation. I want to prevent even one Igbo from having even one piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the center of Igbo territory, we shoot at everything even a things that don’t move”—Benjamin Adekunle

i have come accross this statement made by adekunle in several websites and forums but still trying to figure out what made him become an extremist towards the igbos cause even gowon and himself and the real enmies the hausa/fulanis never made such extremist statements about the igbos, what motivated him? did he have personal issues with ojukwu before the war? was there any attempt on his life by igbos when he was in the east? or is it just a false and fabricated statement.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2011
Because in war. . . . you shoot at anything and everything.

Did you expect him to start passing out candy canes and roses in "no man's land"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Did you expect him to start passing out candy canes and roses in[b] "no man's land"?[/b]

Igboland. angry
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2011
He made the statement because it was a war and he was an ordinary uneducated soilder following orders and wants to look hard in the presence of his collegues

at lest did he do what he said ? NO

so stop being melodramatic about it. ok

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Igboland. angry

Ok nywanne, I told you to avoid threads like this

this ur brothers in the east are wiping up sentiment and hate against the yorubas and as such, you may be caught in there propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Did you expect him to start passing out candy canes and roses in "no man's land"?

the average thinking of a yoruab man, the only suprise is that i was expecting it to come form someone else not you.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

you are an evil woman, so is allowed to be killing innocent civilians?
and u want us to stay with you abeg free us angry angry angry if you want to fight war fight with Ur fellow soldiers not women and children that is genocide.Sound like you don't have pikin be careful what you say u know sad
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by htajz: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

foolish girl cant you see this is a trap , you yorubas will never learn.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
bashr8:

the average thinking of a yoruab man, the only suprise is that i was expecting it to come form someone else not you.

Bliss4lfy

you see what I am saying

leave this thread because it is about to get nasty
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2011
htajz:

stfu

what do you know

Ojukwu massacre nko ?

ojukwu bombing of lagos nko

did any yoruba man kill an innocent igbo man like what baifra soliders did to yorubas ?

Or is it because they are not talking ?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by macjive01: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2011
the war wasnt against all igbos at first it was meant to be between a "renegade force " and the govt, yet adekunles and awolowo's tribal sentiment and genocidal gene adopted policies even devil would shudder at.

ANYWAY, AS THEY SAY KARMA IS A B,

HOW DID THEY TWO MEET THEIR DEATH ?  

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by htajz: 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
alj_harem:

stfu

what do you know

Ojukwu massacre nko ?

ojukwu bombing of lagos nko

did any yoruba man kill an innocent igbo man like what baifra soliders did to yorubas ?

Or is it because they are not talking ?

\

your not smart ,am trying to warn the yorubas that this is a trap to get them talk dirty so igbos can justify the wickedness of the yoruba and your even making it worse ,clap yourselves, am out.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2011
alj_harem:

Bliss4lfy

you see what I am saying

leave this thread because it is about to get nasty

Mr man live her alone why do you keep chasing her around na by force?she is allow to comment anywhere the issue affect her as well.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2011
Because its war duhhh. Shoot everything at signt.

I am proud of Black Scorpion who knew this and followed it to the letter

Ask How the Soviet soldiers treated Berlin in 1945 towards the end of the 2nd world war.

Ask how Biafran soldiers treated the Mid west on thecampaign into the Midwest to "Liberate" them

Ask how the US and NATO treated Afghans and Iraqis in the War and Raids

Most importantly ask what happened to innocent civilians in Hiroshima and nagasaki

Thats the way wars are fought from 1945 to 2011

War is not XBOX the opposition needs to be crushed
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nchara: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2011
This statement is bold. It is better than Awo's slippery slope claims. Awo committed war crimes and wanted to sugar-coat his way thru.
Imagine Awo lying that he supplied food to Biafra
Imagine Awo admitting that he gave Igbos 20 pounds each despite how much they had
Imagine Awo lying that Biafrans looted and burnt the CBN in Biafra
Imagine awo claiming that Igbos love him- Awo was stoned in Aba years after the war.

Awo is a blatant liar. Were I to choose (God forbid though), I will take Adekunle any day for being bold enough to admit his evil, unlike Awo.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by AndreUweh(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nchara:

This statement is bold. It is better than Awo's slippery slope claims. Awo committed war crimes and wanted to sugar-coat his way thru.
Imagine Awo lying that he supplied food to Biafra
Imagine Awo admitting that he gave Igbos 20 pounds each despite how much they had
Imagine Awo lying that Biafrans looted and burnt the CBN in Biafra
Imagine awo claiming that Igbos love him- Awo was stoned in Aba years after the war.

Awo is a blatant liar. I will take Adekunle any day for being bold enough to admit his evil, unlike Awo.
@The bolded, I as an Igboman once loved Awo. I lived in the West and saw what he achieved. But the process that led to his demise is what I hate most about him now.
The way he died is an abomination in the east, and as an easterner, I see his death as such. But different people different beliefs. May be it is allowed in Ikenne, who knows.
Even in Wales, a young National team manager who committed suicide recently is praised and a minute silence observed in their sporting arenas. But we from the east are different, When you commit suicide, you now belong to Amadioha.
To some people, Awo is still a hero, but to me he is not as a result of his last action on earth.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nchara: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2011
As for Adekunle I have this question for you: where are you today? Where are your family members today? How come no member of your family is in reckoning either in the SW or Nigerian politics? Are you finished even before the time? I dey laugh ohh
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nchara: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui32.htm

Benjamin Adekunle was promoted Brigadier in 1972. On August 20th, 1974, along with Brigadier Sotomi, he was compulsorily retired from the Army following an international hemp trafficking scandal involving a businesswoman called Ms. Iyabo Olorunkoya.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ektbear: 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2011
People seem to be confusing war with tea parties.

Even in sports, the best mentality is to seek to utterly destroy your opponent (unless they submit, or have quit.)
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2011
htajz:

Duh. A trap for who exactly? mtchewwww trap ko, gap teeth ni

What happens in war? What is the main goal of war if not to decimate the opponents, even the innocents? Nobody is innocent in war, you choose sides and you live or die with your decision. On the next Nigerian war, why dont you start passing out candies and roses by the road side.

How old are you ppl to be exact?

bashr8:

What is the avg thinking of a Yoruba man? what is the avg thinking of an Igbo man? What is the avg thinking of an Hausaman? Since you can read minds, plz do tell us.

ak47mann:

you are an evil woman, so is allowed to be killing innocent civilians?
and u want us to stay with you abeg free us angry angry angry if you want to fight war fight with your fellow soldiers not women and children that is genocide.Sound like you don't have pikin be careful what you say u know sad

Free yourselves.
We do not want to stay in nigeria too.  kiss
Let's start another war. . . . Akala plays Awo for the SW, T. Orji plays Ojukwu for the SE.
I'll simply be in Amerikka where una NLers can never touch my baby grin kiss Awon oloshi, my pikin will outlive your baztards.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Uchek(m): 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nairalanders. Please address issues and stop name-calling and insults. History has rendered the verdict about who was on the side of equity and justice and who was not. By educating ourselves, we will not repeat the mistakes we made years ago when the chance presents itself again.

But if after 41 years after Biafra, we can't agree on the basic facts in the light of the tragic conditions of Nigeria but insult and trash our  tribes, then there is no hope for Nigeria. If we can't agree to disagree, even with the benefit of hindsight of the war, it is obvious why the actors - particularly southern actors - did not forge a common front.

Lets be civil and issue-driven. It will enrich our discourse.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2011
PS: Igbos were not the only ones dying. Yorubas and other ethnicities had to die for the foolishness and unplanned strategy of one man; Ojukwu. May he rest.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-813173.0.html
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@The bolded, I as an Igboman once loved Awo. I lived in the West and saw what he achieved. But the process that led to his demise is what I hate most about him now.
The way he died is an abomination in the east, and as an easterner, I see his death as such. But different people different beliefs. May be it is allowed in Ikenne, who knows.
Even in Wales, a young National team manager who committed suicide recently is praised and a minute silence observed in their sporting arenas. But we from the east are different, When you commit suicide, you now belong to Amadioha.
To some people, Awo is still a hero, but to me he is not as a result of his last action on earth.

That would mean that Ojuku would now belong to Amadioha since he commited suicide too or would he be sacrificed at Okija shrine?

Imagine a full grown man commiting suicude because his brother and jonathan were taking turns on his wife?

Which man kills himself because of woman?

Well he has always been a pucci who first ran with skirts and g string to Abidjan later killing himself because of a woman
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by AndreUweh(m): 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2011
dayokanu:

That would mean that Ojuku would now belong to Amadioha since he commited suicide too or would he be sacrificed at Okija shrine?

Imagine a full grown man commiting suicude because his brother and jonathan were taking turns on his wife?

Which man kills himself because of woman?

Well he has always been a pucci who first ran with skirts and g string to Abidjan later killing himself because of a woman
Source please.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2011
some kids trying to twist stories ojukwu was sick which nobody is above sickness but awolowos death have too many misery around it  he wasn't sick, he didn't died in a well equip hospital,and the truth is out their for everyone to see why arguing like a kid to pls your ego

I ask any of you here,how do you want to be remembered dieing in a well equip hospital,or suicide?

western country is not like Nigeria that covers people death just to pls his sympathizers, of course in London before they issue death certificate they have to name the course of death.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2011
^^ Isnt that the reason why the cause of death is shrouded in mystery.

How can it be said that a whole Biafra warlord who had the lilly liver to run to Abidjan now commited suicide just because his wife was put on "Phock one get one free promo

Sources reveal that Bianca the wife of Biafran Warlord, Odumegwu Ojukwu is currently in a sizzling romance with Uju Robert Okonkwo.

According to source, the two have been in the guarded relationship for some time now, but only few people close to Bianca were aware of the relationship.

Source reveals that in short while they kick started their relationship, Uju Robert Okonkwo has moved into her husband’s home in Enugu.

Further findings reveals that Mr.Okonkwo is a Commissioner in Governor Obi’s government and Bianca reportedly nominated him for the job.
"

http://nigeriafilms.com/news/12942/4/bianca-ojukwu-in-sizzling-romance-with-commissione.html

When are they doing the Bianca Bleep one get one free for the Western region
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2011
ak47mann:

some kids trying to twist stories ojukwu was sick which nobody is above sickness but awolowos death have too many misery around it he wasn't sick, he didn't died in a well equip hospital,and the truth is out their for everyone to see why arguing like a kid to pls your ego

I ask any of you here,how do you want to be remembered dieing in a well equip hospital,or suicide?

western country is not like Nigeria that covers people death just to pls his sympathizers, of course in London before they issue death certificate they have to name the course of death.

What was the cause of death?

heartbreak, Poison of nightmares of Black Scorpion?

What could be more humiliating than your wife turning into a country bicycle which everyone rides for fun
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2011
this comment has turn to a joke thing.if you want the source of ojukwus death call UK death register office dummy  cool
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2011
So we need to make calls all over the world to know what killed Ojuku?

Well its a shame a warlord was killed by the excessive love of a woman young enough to be his daughter

Well Biancas needs her Kongo to be shined and since Ojuku has become a vegetable someone else has to do it.

Too bad for Odumegwu
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by AndreUweh(m): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2011
dayokanu:

What was the cause of death?

heartbreak, Poison of nightmares of Black Scorpion?

What could be more humiliating than your wife turning into a country bicycle which everyone rides for fun
Poor boy, you are not good at jokes and I hardly see your jokes in the jokes section.
I wonder what such a good football pundit will be sitting shoulder to shoulder with Harems of this world +Desola, Bluetooth etc.
Dayo, this ugly posts flying here and there does not suit you. You are well respected up there. GO BACK.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
dayokanu:

So we need to make calls all over the world to know what killed Ojuku?

Well its a shame a warlord was killed by the excessive love of a woman young enough to be his daughter

Well Biancas needs her Kongo to be shined and since Ojuku has become a vegetable someone else has to do it.

Too bad for Odumegwu
i hope in your sick perverted Yoruba mind fantasising on Bianca at list let her mourn her husband stop joking around time for everything.

Am not surprising if you are not holding tissue in Ur dirty hand with Bianca pix saved in you computer sick fool.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Poor boy, you are not good at jokes and I hardly see your jokes in the jokes section.
I wonder what such a good football pundit will be sitting shoulder to shoulder with Harems of this world +Desola, Bluetooth etc.
Dayo, this ugly posts flying here and there does not suit you. You are well respected up there. GO BACK.

You should take your own advice and leave this business for the Ncharas, Ak47man, chyz, onlytruth and co.

It doesnt fit you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Reps To Amaechi: We Don't Receive Budget Proposals From Ministers / "Atiku Is Coming Back To Create A Paradise For Thieves" - Sowore / Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.