Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,414 members, 7,843,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo (11452 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by ShangoThor(m): 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
TRUTHTELA:

I Told Odumegwu- Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War, Says Obasanjo

FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday disclosed that he discussed the possibility of an expression of remorse from the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu “on the Nigerian civil war which in itself was a culmination of actions and reactions.”

http://ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69131:i-told-odumegwu-ojukwu-to-apologise-over-civil-war-says-obasanjo-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

OBJ needs to think carefully before making such utterances considering how sensitive the topic is! How about the FG issuing an apology for dereliction of its duties to serve and protect all of its citizens from persecution and ethnic cleansing.

The most apt part of his statement is highlighted above.

How would I REACT if my people, innocent civilians were being slaughtered en masse and the FG could not guarantee protection and security?
What would be my reaction to the ethnic cleansing of my people in a different region of the country?

This is the question we all have to objectively address.

The bottom line is Ojukwu was a mere mortal, a man, thus he was capable of good heroic acts and also mistakes! That's human nature.

However, we still keep on skipping fundamental issues that would guarantee the rise of the BLACK Race. The issues of Sovereignty and being able to formulate systems of Governance that will yield Super Intelligent Leaders that will act in the interest of the masses.

The numerous Ethnic communities that make up the Polity signed their sovereignty away to a foreign Power, the British who in turn formed a Nation State out of their territories and forced them into a Union in a bid to further their economic interests and extend their sphere of influence in perpetuity.

My point is that until Africans (defined as: the various Ethnic communities that comprise these artificially formed Nation States in general) can really participate in unconstrained dialogue and discourse about the nature of their living space they will always remain in a "CHILD LIKE STATE" crawling on all four limbs and never being able to stand and walk tall.

Obviously, the main implication being that Africans lack the intelligence required to achieve the necessary results.

My big problem with Political (some also Military) actors such as OBJ, IBB, Buhari, ABACHA, etc is that they all represent a chip of the the old block. They do not acknowledge that African intelligensia is required to instill a sense of ownership in our Nation State, after all we are all meant to be stakeholders. They have fostered and instilled the idea of 'Government without obligation or responsibility', not to talk about lack of accountability. 41 years later, the FG still cannot protect all citizenry from persecution and being hacked to death by mob violence, whether we view events that occured after the last elections or certain hot spots such as Jos amongst others

A cultural revolution is seriously required in Nigeria that will address these issues. A cultural revolution that focuses on prioritizing high living standards and existentialist notions above all foreign religions, foreign influences. Afterall a massive population is only beneficial if it is productive and creative, otherwise what we will be lumbered with is a Nation State that views its citizenry as a "CASH COW", only fit for extortion.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by slimghost(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
nakedall:

Thank God, we saw the end of 20th century plague (Ojukwu) and the people are free at last. he is roasting in hell fire now.

Your father and every body related to you by blood will soon roast in hell fire too. bloody eediot!
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by anuforoudo(f): 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2011
obj, sorry very soon, i will remind you of this word. if ojukwu were alive, would you come close to him and tell him to agologise. useless you.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by adamaw2tuf: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
alhj_okija juju_haram,why exactly did your mother abandoned you,she couldnt believe you are really her child or what?
Okija_juju:

Obasanjo is right! YES!

Ojukwu should have apologised to the Nation for that war which achieved nothing and to Ndi Igbo and the entire south-south for taking them to war and desserting them when poo hit the fan. And also for setting Ndi Igbo backwards.

He was a brave coward and died a cowards death.

Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by dozern(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
badesco:

Everybody is entitle to his or her opinion on issues. Obj is right to some extent, because the war achieved nothing at the end of the day.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by bisiaet: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
Pls pls and pls guys from the thread that was posted on the front page pls I had read the thread over and over I 'm still looking for where Obj mention the word Ojukwu should Apologise or "I told Ojukwu to Apologise for civil war"[/b]or may I say I need help if anyone can help me by highlighting in the fist page of this thread where it was written [b]Obj said Ojukwu should apologise for Civil War pls any one

And with all these condolense messages pls moderator how come about using the word "Obj Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War" as heading. Pls how come the condolence I read above is now interpreted as a message of apology for civil war??
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by babyboy3(m): 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
a peace loving and humanitarian to apologise

He started a war
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by gulfer: 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2011
This surely is not the right time for this comments from a supposed stateman like OBJ, should he have waited till DIM's death? Or is it not appropriate that he (Ojukwu) be allowed a chance to reply; OBJ has jsut acted like a coward with this new comment.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Dede1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
baby-boy:

He started a war

This is a moronic response.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Drunk: 1:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
Some of you morons should have read carefully the remarks the man (Obj) made about the apology he asked Ojukwu for. What that a big task for him (Ojukwu) to undertake? Did any of you a$sholes ever thought of the suicide venture he suggested to the so called “Biafran soldiers” to cede from Nigeria? Did you ever comprehend the self-serving mission and agenda Ojukwu had to take on that part of Nigeria? You guys are so disgusting and unschooled about the history of what happened before your miserable lives were conceived. Ojukwu would have lord over the south east clans for the rest of his luxurious life. Do you also care to know that what he did was insubordination, treason and punishable under the then military constitution? Just because he was spared by the corrupt governments in Nigeria and never asked to give accounts and held responsible for the “suicidal” quest he engaged innocent citizens in and subjected them to. Why did he choose to go on exile? He should have proven himself a “hero” and die for what he believed in earlier and even after he returned, why did he not undertake on the same foolish, selfish venture? Yet he became beneficiary of different successive government with the numerous cash “gifts”. I wait all ignorant to start bashing…anofia
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by success4(m): 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2011
Dede1:

This is a moronic response.

, and yours is super moronic response of all time!
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
Sometimes OBJ thinks with his anus, how could he say such a thing. Anyways, nobody listens to the father of evil that thrives in the country today.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by ebere1712: 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
Drunk:

Some of you morons should have read carefully the remarks the man (Obj) made about the apology he asked Ojukwu for. What that a big task for him (Ojukwu) to undertake? Did any of you a$sholes ever thought of the suicide venture he suggested to the so called “Biafran soldiers” to cede from Nigeria? Did you ever comprehend the self-serving mission and agenda Ojukwu had to take on that part of Nigeria? You guys are so disgusting and unschooled about the history of what happened before your miserable lives were conceived. Ojukwu would have lord over the south east clans for the rest of his luxurious life. Do you also care to know that what he did was insubordination, treason and punishable under the then military constitution? Just because he was spared by the corrupt governments in Nigeria and never asked to give accounts and held responsible for the “suicidal” quest he engaged innocent citizens in and subjected them to. Why did he choose to go on exile? He should have proven himself a “hero” and die for what he believed in earlier and even after he returned, why did he not undertake on the same foolish, selfish venture? Yet he became beneficiary of different successive government with the numerous cash “gifts”. I wait all ignorant to start bashing…anofia

It is an insult to ojukwu and the whole igbo race for an i*diot like obj to request anything of ikemba. The only people that have the right to demand an apology are the 1 million igbos victims. I've never personally met one genuine igbo person that has requested an apology from ikemba.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by africa60(f): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
Just as his son gbenga will tell us after his death that he showed remorse for sleeping with his wife.he goat talking when a lion is sleeping .@bliss4life pls Nne can u gv me ur email address.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Okijajuju1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
okpurukata:

Why should anyone respond to this foolish aboki. You are already doomed. Foolish Alhaji. If you have nothing better to say,keep your trap shut.

So full of hate!!

Typical re-tard. What relationship does Okija and Aboki have?!

The earlier mo-rons like you purge yourself of your bigoted ways and start embracing National unity, the better for you. Ojukwu is Dead and in another 5 - 10 years, Biafra would be a story told by grandparent to their grand kids to bore them to sleep.

Anu ofia nwulu anwu.  angry

PointB:

^^^
That guy Okija_juju is alh harem, pay no heed to his ranting.

You have got to stop associating my person with that Boko Haram apologist that calls himself Alj_Haram. You would do yourself alot of good to start by checking both our I.P addresses and also the time of joining Nairaland. I have just one other I.D "Esss" which was banned for advocating the mass slaughtering of ndi hausa in the east. Apart from that, I am the one and only Alusi_OkijaTM a.k.a Okija_jujuTM.

Thanks.

executinal:

@ the bolded i don't understand what you mean by setting Ndigbo backwards, can you enlighten me more?? because i am confuse with your conclusion.

That war could have been avoided. We were marginalized before that ill-thought out war, but there is no doubt that ever since that war, the igbos have suffered greater marginalization.

Baawaa:

Truth is always bitter

Tastes worse than Alomo Bitters.

badesco:

Everybody is entitle to his or her opinion on issues. Obj is right to some extent, because the war achieved nothing at the end of the day.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Ayoobscom(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hunmm! its hot out here,

No matter what happened however it's better to pray for the dead and not judging where he has being put, For God is the most merciful the most forgiving

May Odumegwu Ojukwu rest in peace
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Dawgpound: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
Obj is a thorough bred slowpoke.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by redsun(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2011
Obj appeals to chim.ps like him. His opinion belongs to the dungeon his type have turn nigeria to. That some of you igbo patriot show concern about the lies obj speaks still shows that you havent realize he is a nonentity. He is a war criminal,a number one traitor,a common thief,a paedophile,an adulterer,a sardist and a habitual liar. What place does a chi.mp like that have in the face of right thinking humans?
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by success4(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2011
Sentiment has becloud the sense of reasoning of some fucking scumbags!
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by redsun(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
It is funny when some di.ckheads talk about the igbos being marginalized. Marginalized from what? Thuggery,banditary and systematic backwardness that nigerian state represent or what? That the igbos dont have big thieves and traitors in nigeria rogue system is a testimony to the igbos self reliance,resourcefulness and duggedness not otherwise.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2011
Okija_juju:

So full of hate!!

Typical re-tard. What relationship does Okija and Aboki have?!

The earlier mo-rons like you purge yourself of your bigoted ways and start embracing National unity, the better for you. Ojukwu is Dead and in another 5 - 10 years, Biafra would be a story told by grandparent to their grand kids to bore them to sleep.

Anu ofia nwulu anwu. angry

You have got to stop associating my person with that Boko Haram apologist that calls himself Alj_Haram. You would do yourself alot of good to start by checking both our I.P addresses and also the time of joining Nairaland. I have just one other I.D "Esss" which was banned for advocating the mass slaughtering of ndi hausa in the east. Apart from that, I am the one and only Alusi_OkijaTM a.k.a Okija_jujuTM.

Thanks.

That war could have been avoided. We were marginalized before that ill-thought out war, but there is no doubt that ever since that war, the igbos have suffered greater marginalization.

Tastes worse than Alomo Bitters.

This is the last time I will engage you. If you really do not know what to say, just do everybody the favor and keep your mouth shut. Nobody cares how many times you have been banned or how many handles you have. Just shut up or run to your father for some schooling(I doubt you have one thou, cos you wouldnt be spewing this rubbish if you actually had a father) or pick up dammmn book. Your hateful posts reek of frustrations. I warned you the other day and you refused to heed my advise. Mumu
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by ortopazz(m): 4:20pm On Nov 29, 2011
and now ojukwu has died and he hasnt aplogised so bianca should give it
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Okijajuju1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
High_Chief:

This is the last time I will engage you. If you really do not know what to say, just do everybody the favor and keep your mouth shut. Nobody cares how many times you have been banned or how many handles you have. Just shut up or run to your father for some schooling(I doubt you have one thou, cos you wouldnt be spewing this rubbish if you actually had a father) or pick up dammmn book. Your hateful posts reek of frustrations. I warned you the other day and you refused to heed my advise. Mumu

Why would you drag my father into this?!  undecided

O well! I never referenced you in any of my posts, you could have chosen to ignore me and keep posting but no!

I wouldnt trade words with you. Your ill manners also points to the fact that you are an orphan. I pity you. I hope your dead parent find succor in hell for afflicting the world with a reproach such as yourself.

bleeping d'ickhead. . . . This is a public forum and many peoples opinions would differ from yours. That doesent give you the right to start calling em names and disrespecting their parents that you dont know.

Go find a family that would adopt your ill mannered as's and lets hope that you still have a shot at salvation.

Ochicha di ka ghi!  angry
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by ortopazz(m): 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
and now ojukwu has  died and he hasnt aplogised so bianca should give it
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by ortopazz(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2011
but biancfra aint successful ba?
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by kenmusa: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
OJUKWU was a HERO and will remain a HERO, no matter how people will want to bend history, the fact remain the same period.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by manosteel(m): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2011
Believe it or not, Ojukwu is a man of history and his place in Nigeria history can not easily be erased. Here is a man who was enlisted in Nigerian Army 1957 as a private soldier or recruit after his Masters degree in Oxford University, what a humble begining for a man with opulence up-bringing! He climbed through the military ladder and became a Lt.Col and was appointed Commander, 5th Battalion, Nigerian Army at the age of 25years, when many at his age were busy carrying catapult, chasing birds and rats. The rest is now history. There is one thing you cannot take away from this man, his English command, poetry and oratory skills. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Nigerien: 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by tpia5: 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2011
at the age of 25years, when many at his age were busy carrying catapult, chasing birds and rats

sounds like some nlers wey no know say na small pikin of 4 years suppose do that kain thing.

most of these bird and rat chasers are in romance section.

**rant over**
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2011
Ojuku was just a confused man.

One moment he is a Biafra warlord who fears nothing, The next moment he is in skirt, wrapper and gstring running away to Abidjan

One moment he is always for Biafra, Next Moment he is contesting for NIGERIAN president

One moment he told hungry people to fight till death, Next moment he is back in National party of Nigeria collected his full Military benefits while his Biafran soldiers are suffering

One moment he told them Naija soldiers would violation them next moment he is back in Nigeria marrying Miss Nigeria against her fathers wishes

One moment he would rant Awolowo betrayed him, Next moment Awolowo is the best president Nigeria never had

What a duplicitous Biatch
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by bashr8: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Ojuku was just a confused man.

One moment he is a Biafra warlord who fears nothing, The next moment he is in skirt, wrapper and gstring running away to Abidjan

One moment he is always for Biafra, Next Moment he is contesting for NIGERIAN president

One moment he told hungry people to fight till death, Next moment he is back in National party of Nigeria collected his full Military benefits while his Biafran soldiers are suffering

One moment he told them Naija soldiers would violation them next moment he is back in Nigeria marrying Miss Nigeria against her fathers wishes

One moment he would rant Awolowo betrayed him, Next moment Awolowo is the best president Nigeria never had

What a duplicitous Biatch

after 8 years of obasanjo rule the yorubas are poorer than ever , worse off from where they were before obasanjo came in? no i think you and obj are the confused ones not ojukwu.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by manosteel(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
Many are just here threading words. Just take a look at the calibre of men pouring tribute to a man who shaped Nigerian Mordern history. While he was alive, he hardly visited Aso Rock, but men in the Aso Rock pay him visit in his little home, you can name them, IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo and most recently Goodluck Jonathan, not to mention Ambassadors, senators, Governors etc, just to tell you how this Icon is highly revered by men that matter, So the opinions of few unknown entities amount to Nothing. He had made his mark and he is gone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Women Protest In Port Harcourt / We Have Not Sacked Adeyanju As Pdp New Media Director - Markafi (premium Times) / Its Official: National Assembly To Reconvene On Tuesday; 14th August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.