Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,806 members, 7,844,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo (11454 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2011
Okija_juju:

Why would you drag my father into this?! undecided

O well! I never referenced you in any of my posts, you could have chosen to ignore me and keep posting but no!

I wouldnt trade words with you. Your ill manners also points to the fact that you are an orphan. I pity you. I hope your dead parent find succor in hell for afflicting the world with a reproach such as yourself.

bleeping d'ickhead. . . . This is a public forum and many peoples opinions would differ from yours. That doesent give you the right to start calling em names and disrespecting their parents that you dont know.

Go find a family that would adopt your ill mannered as's and lets hope that you still have a shot at salvation.

Ochicha di ka ghi! angry

Now show me where my post below insulted your parents, I only advised you to run to your father and never insulted him. But you have been insulting people's parents including a dead man(Ojukwu) and a whole Igbo region. Now dont you think the joke is on you?

This is the last time I will engage you. If you really do not know what to say, just do everybody the favor and keep your mouth shut. Nobody cares how many times you have been banned or how many handles you have. Just shut up or run to your father for some schooling(I doubt you have one thou, cos you wouldnt be spewing this rubbish if you actually had a father) or pick up dammmn book. Your hateful posts reek of frustrations. I warned you the other day and you refused to heed my advise. Mumu
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by manny4life(m): 1:09am On Nov 30, 2011
@OP,

Why do you guys go around spewing LIES? I have read this page two times already, yet, I did not see anywhere in your article that corresponds the headline " I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo ". Again, just in case you missed the memo, here is the first paragraph, quote from Obasanjo

FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday disclosed that he discussed the possibility of an expression of remorse from the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu “on the Nigerian civil war which in itself was a culmination of actions and reactions.”

“In a way, his death marks the end of an era in Nigeria.”

Please, when did the term "possibility of an expression of remorse" turn out to be apology? OBJ is so confused, he wasn't bold and man enough to request and demand it, he was asking for a mere "possibility of just an expression", not even the action, what a shame  embarassed embarassed embarassed . Why am I not surprised, even at death, he claimed he asked him for a "possibility of an expression", it shows how much fear and respect he had for the man when he was living; I doubt he dared asked him to apologize in reality, Arrant nonsense.

Besides, what end of an era does his death mark? undecided undecided undecided  If OBJ is knows anything which I hope he does , the values and principles of great men DO NOT DIE nor end an era, in fact they they start a new phase of life and meaning to people

Our tribes and differences, united by a history of pains, strife, yet with unity and strength, and a future we shall face together, for he was our great leader so that his past will always be remembered because in these memories, our hope live on.

@ Mods, please change the topic to something else or delete this nonsense.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by yuboy: 1:16am On Nov 30, 2011
notin 2 say about fools @70s hahahahahahahahaha

Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by tpia5: 1:19am On Nov 30, 2011
hmm, well the fact remains they all lived to a ripe old age despite the many curses nigerians rain on them. . . . . . . . .
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by JamesDoe: 2:21am On Nov 30, 2011
When you play the Game of Thrones you either win or you die. There is no middle ground
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by manosteel(m): 5:22am On Nov 30, 2011
Whenever the name Ojukwu is mention, there is bound to be a reaction and a heated debate, even at death,the heat is still on. His return from exile was like a triumphant entry, the news were everywhere, the North stood still, Millions gathered at Murtala Mohammed Int'l airport, just to catch a glimpse of the man who was brave and courageous enough to wage war against injustice and distributive inequality.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by OlokoNla1(m): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2011
STARVATION POLICY

Then, but above all, the ending of the war itself that I’m accused of, accused of starving the Ibos, I did nothing of the sort. You know, shortly after the liberation of these places, Calabar, Enugu and Port Harcort, I decided to pay a visit. There are certain things which I knew which you don’t know, which I don’t want to say here now, when I write my reminisces in the future I will do so. Some of the soldiers were not truthful with us, they didn’t tell us correct stories and so on.

I wanted to be there and see things for myself, bear in mind that Gowon himself did not go there at that time, it was after the war was over that he dorn himself up in various military dresses- Air force dress, Army dress and so on, and went to the war torn areas. But I went and some people tried to frighten me out of my goal by saying that Adekunle was my enemy and he was going to see to it that I never return from the place, so I went.

But when I went what did I see? I saw the kwashiorkor victims. If you see a kwashiorkor victim you’ll never like war to be waged. Terrible sight, in Enugu, in Port Harcourt, not many in Calabar, but mainly in Enugu and Port Harcourt. Then I enquired what happened to the food we are sending to the civilians. We were sending food through the Red cross, and CARITAS to them, but what happen was that the vehicles carrying the food were always ambushed by the soldiers. That’s what I discovered, and the food would then be taken to the soldiers to feed them, and so they were able to continue to fight. And I said that was a very dangerous policy, we didn’t intend the food for soldiers. But who will go behind the line to stop the soldiers from ambushing the vehicles that were carrying the food? And as long as soldiers were fed, the war will continue, and who’ll continue to suffer? and those who didn’t go to the place to see things as I did, you remember that all the big guns, all the soldiers in the Biafran army looked all well fed after the war, its only the mass of the people that suffered kwashiorkor.

You wont hear of a single lawyer, a single doctor, a single architect, who suffered from kwashiorkor? None of their children either, so they waylaid the foods, they ambush the vehicles and took the foods to their friends and to their collaborators and to their children and the masses were suffering. So I decided to stop sending the food there. In the process the civilians would suffer, but the soldiers will suffer most.

Ojukwu was a lying motherfucking asswipe! he starved his own people, and Igbos being so gullible, stupid and easily decieved just fall for every shit told them! apodas
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by 9javoice: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2011
I just read this post and I cldn't resist commenting.
@ okija_juju - I believe u are an impulsive human being. The juju in your head has not yet faded away abi?
[color=#006600][/color] Ojukwu was a great man and he stood for what he believed in. Obasanjo is just as confused as he looks. He should tell himself that! Foolish man!
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 30, 2011
Ojukwu did what he thought was right for his people although he was wrong. I don't mean to blame him for a million souls or more lost, but that war could have been easily avoided. I think he got all he wanted at the Aburi accord and even Gowon agreed but whatever happened, happened and Gowon, like Musiwa said, should/must wear a Biafra uniform and Ojukwu be buried by Hausa etc officers,

Ojukwu means a lot to many Nigerians (20mil+ Igbos/others) who are not Hausas/Fulanis or Northerners, having Hausas, Fulanis etc, honour him passionately can create emotional unity which is very important for a nation and Gowon should be jailed for his statement even though Ojukwu was wrong, so was Gowon. And in fact Gowon was wronger than Ojukwu,

Seriously who are those doing the nation building thinking for Nigeria? They have disunited this nation to a point of no return.

The only solution to save Nigeria, is to have everybody pack up seriously. If Nigeria is really about Nigerians, then it would work to save Nigerians from blood bath even if that means Nigeria will cease to exist, Nigeria's existence has never been progressive since 1970 and 40 years backwardness is bound to take it's toll you know, Boko Haram is tip if you ask me. Boko Haram is a preview to a bloody movie if SNC isn't called
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Okijajuju1(m): 10:55am On Nov 30, 2011
9javoice:

I just read this post and I cldn't resist commenting.
@ okija_juju - I believe u are an impulsive human being. The juju in your head has not yet faded away abi?
[color=#006600][/color] Ojukwu was a great man and he stood for what he believed in. Obasanjo is just as confused as he looks. He should tell himself that! Foolish man!

Erm!!

Yes I agree with you that he stood for what he believed in.

He even spurred millions (against their wish and better judgement to fight for what he stood for)

Over 3 million old eastern regioners fought and died for what he (Ojukwu) stood for.

And when it came crunch time!! That moment in time when a Man must stand, fight and die for what he believes in, What did Ojukwu do?! YES SIR!! He ran! After leading millions to their deaths, he ran. After Millions of Children had starved to death fighting a war he dragged them into sir, he ran!! After countless women and girls had been r'aped and violated sir, He ran!!

Only to come back years later and be given a heroes welcome!!?? Have we a a tribe lost our marbles?! Has this country decayed to the point we cant tell the difference between a hero and a coward?! Abiola was a Hero! He stood by his course till his death! Atleast Kudirat did not die in vain!

A man who cant die for what he believes in, is not fit to live. In the end, the Igbos are still in the same mess we were in prior to the war! So why did millions have to die?!

Bleep Ojukwu! I wouldnt shed a tear for him! His death was long overdue!  angry
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by okijajuju2: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2011
^^
Yes fukc you too for licking Ojukwus @ss all over this place. You are shaming me the great Okija juju. If Ojukwu is so bad, why did you fux chicken last nite.  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
I will send ogwugwu akpu okija to smoke you out of your spider hole soon.  cool
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by manosteel(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2011
Okija juju! Okija juju!! Okija juju!!! Heeee! How many times did i call your name? Watch your mouth else your head will be used to bury Ojukwu, Nigerians are mourning.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Okijajuju1(m): 11:42am On Nov 30, 2011
manosteel:

Okija juju! Okija juju!! Okija juju!!! Heeee! How many times did i call your name? Watch your mouth else your head will be used to bury Ojukwu, Nigerians are mourning.

No!!

I was at the local bar last night and nobody was even acting like anything happened!!

My head to bury Ojukwu!! I laff like Osisikankwu. grin

If all were right with the world, Ojukwus corpse would be strapped with C4 and blown to smitherine. He isnt worth the effort of digging 6 feet of earth!
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by 1025: 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2011
okija juju, please hand urself over to any nearby mental rehabilitation home bcs you are a public risk.
the level of ur madness now demands that you remain in chains while treatment goes on.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Zab: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
THANK GOD YOU WERE NOT KILLED FOR THE COUP YOU PLANNED WITH YOUR KINSMEN. HOW CAN MAKE SUCH USELESS COMMENT. APOLOGISE FOR THE POGROM METED OUT TO EASTERNERS IN THE NORTH?

OBJ , YOU ARE A BLOOD SUCKING DEMON.

THE SAME OBJ THAT WENT TO DISCUSS WITH BOKO HARAM IS HAPPY EASTERNERS WERE MASSACRED IN THE NORTH FOR NO JUST CAUSE. MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU FOOLISH GENERAL.

IGNORANT NAIRALANDERS ARE QUICK TO BLAME OJUKWU FOR GOING TO WAR WITHOUT CONSIDERING THAT HE DID NOT WANT TO GO TO WAR UNTIL USELESS YAKUBU GOWN BLATANTLY REFUSED TO IMPLEMENT THE ABURI ACCORD.

I WOULD LIKE GUYS TO GO THROUGH THIS PIECE FROM WIKIPEADIA :

The buildup to the Biafran War

In the meantime, the July counter-coup had unleashed pogroms against more than 50,000 Easterners throughout the Northern Region. Hundreds of Eastern officers were murdered during the revolt, and in the North, as commanding officers either lost their control of their troops or actively egged them on to violence against Igbo civilians, it did not take long for Northerners from all walks of life to participate. Tens of thousands of Igbos were killed throughout the North. The persecution precipitated the flight of more than a million Igbo towards their ancestral homelands in eastern Nigeria. Lieutenant Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, the military governor of the Eastern region who did not allow attempts by Northern soldiers stationed in his region to replicate the massacres of Igbo officers, argued that if Igbo lives could not be preserved by the Nigerian state, then the Igbo reserved the right to establish a state of their own in which their rights would indeed be respected.

There arose tension between the Eastern region and the northern controlled federal government led by Gowon. On 4–5 January 1967, in line with Ojukwu's demand to meet for talks only on neutral soil, a summit attended by Gowon, Ojukwu and other members of the Supreme Military Council was held at Aburi in Ghana, the stated purpose of which was to resolve all outstanding conflicts and establish Nigeria as a confederation of regions. The outcome of this summit was the Aburi Accord.

The Aburi Accord did not see the light of the day, as the Gowon led government had huge consideration for the possible revenues, especially oil revenues which were expected to increase given that reserves having been discovered in the area in the mid-1960s. It has been said without confirmation that both Gowon and Ojukwu had knowledge of the huge oil reserves in the Niger Delta area, which today has grown to be the mainstay of the Nigerian economy.

In a move to check the influence of Ojukwu's government in the East, Gowon announced on 5 May 1967 the division of the 3 Nigerian regions into 12 states - North-Western State, North-Eastern state, Kano State, North-Central State, Benue-Plateau State, Kwara State, Western State, Lagos State, Mid-Western State, and, from Ojukwu's Eastern Region, a Rivers State, a South-Eastern State, and an East-Central State. The non-Igbo South-Eastern and Rivers states which had the oil reserves and access to the sea, were carved out to isolate the Igbo areas as East-Central state.[5]

One controversial aspect of this move was Gowon's annexing of Port Harcourt, a large city in the Niger Delta, in the South of Nigeria (the Ikwerres), sitting on some of Nigeria's largest reserves, into the new Rivers State, emasculating the migrant Igbo population of traders there. The flight of many of them back to their villages in the 'Igbo heartland' in Eastern Nigeria where they felt safer was alleged to be a contradiction for Gowon's "no victor, no vanquished" policy, when at the end of the war, the properties they left behind were claimed by the Rivers State indigenes.

Minority ethnicities of the Eastern Region were rather not sanguine about the prospect of secession,[6] as it would mean living in what they felt would be an Igbo-dominated nation. Some non-Igbos living in the Eastern Region either refrained from offering active support to the Biafran struggle, or actively aided the federal side by enlisting in the Nigerian army and feeding it intelligence about Biafran military activities.

However, some did play active roles in the Biafran government, with N.U. Akpan serving as Secretary to the Government, Lt. Col (later Major-General) Philip Effiong, serving as Biafra's Chief of Defence Staff and others like Chiefs Bassey and Graham-Douglas serving in other significant roles.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2011
1025:

okija juju, please hand urself over to any nearby mental rehabilitation home bcs you are a public risk.
the level of your madness now demands that you remain in chains while treatment goes on.

Well said, the slowpoke has refused to ask what happened to Igbos before the war. Maybe none of his relatives were maimed in the pogron and he expected Ojukwu to fold his hands and watch almaijiris slaughter Igbos en mass. Ojukwu would have been among the richest men in Africa but he relinquished all that and used his own personal funds to save us from the wrath of the blood-sucking-almajiris. How many politicians can do that today, rather they steal us silly.

The slowpoke Okija juju has refused to ask himself what happened to the Aburi Accord. Like i told Okija juju yesterday, I know he is a descent of Ifeajuna and we are fully aware that we still have so many Ifeajunas in our midst, but this time we will take proper care of them.

FYI: Okija Juju is an almajiri guy pretending to be Igbo.

Rest in Peace Ikemba, the people's General
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by adamaw2tuf: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
Ha ha!So my friend you really think the okija juju username is really ibo PEASE!!!!! even with the attempt trying to distance himself from alhj_haram by making reference to boko haram as if he does not support them,so cos of that you think he is not THE EVIL SICK ALHJ_HARAM? mind that he ALHJ-HARAM speaks ibo too so dont be naive and he has many ibo and other southern usernames purposely to create confusions,i can point out few of his many usernames, so that you know when you are having a conversation with a decent or sick person.Here are some
of his many fake usernames:ONYOCHA,CHI101,AKAN, and of cos OKIJA JUJU,this guy hates everything or everybody and group who does not support or sympathize with the sharia agenda though you can never see him using the ALHJ_HARAM bitterly against the yorubas even though he loves to but he would pose as a none yoruba to carry out his dirty works,cos if he comes out straight as ALHJ_HARAM he will lose some blind support he enjoys from the yoruba muslim community,so that is his game,HE IS NOTHING BUT A NAIRALAND ASHAWO!
High_Chief:

Well said, the slowpoke has refused to ask what happened to Igbos before the war. Maybe none of his relatives were maimed in the pogron and he expected Ojukwu to fold his hands and watch almaijiris slaughter Igbos en mass. Ojukwu would have been among the richest men in Africa but he relinquished all that and used his own personal funds to save us from the wrath of the blood-sucking-almajiris. How many politicians can do that today, rather they steal us silly.

The slowpoke Okija juju has refused to ask himself what happened to the Aburi Accord. Like i told Okija juju yesterday, I know he is a descent of Ifeajuna and we are fully aware that we still have so many Ifeajunas in our midst, but this time we will take proper care of them.

Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
Okija_juju:

Over 3 million old eastern regioners fought and died for what he (Ojukwu) stood for.

And when it came crunch time!! That moment in time when a Man must stand, fight and die for what he believes in, What did Ojukwu do?! YES SIR!! He ran! After leading millions to their deaths, he ran. After Millions of Children had starved to death fighting a war he dragged them into sir, he ran!! After countless women and girls had been r'aped and violated sir, He ran!!

Only to come back years later and be given a heroes welcome!!?? Have we a a tribe lost our marbles?! Has this country decayed to the point we cant tell the difference between a hero and a coward?! Abiola was a Hero! He stood by his course till his death! Atleast Kudirat did not die in vain!

A man who cant die for what he believes in, is not fit to live. In the end, the Igbos are still in the same mess we were in prior to the war! So why did millions have to die?!

Bleep Ojukwu! I wouldnt shed a tear for him! His death was long overdue!
angry

Excellent points

Ojuku was just a confused man.

One moment he is a Biafra warlord who fears nothing, The next moment he is in skirt, wrapper and gstring running away to Abidjan

One moment he is always for Biafra, Next Moment he is contesting for NIGERIAN president

One moment he told hungry people to fight till death, Next moment he is back in National party of Nigeria collected his full Military benefits while his Biafran soldiers are suffering

One moment he told them Naija soldiers would violation them next moment he is back in Nigeria marrying Miss Nigeria against her fathers wishes

One moment he would rant Awolowo betrayed him, Next moment Awolowo is the best president Nigeria never had

What a duplicitous Biatch
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
adamaw2tuf:

Ha ha!So my friend you really think the okija juju username is really ibo PEASE!!!!! even with the attempt trying to distance himself from alhj_haram by making reference to boko haram as if he does not support them,so cos of that you think he is not THE EVIL SICK ALHJ_HARAM? mind that he ALHJ-HARAM speaks ibo too so dont be naive and he has many ibo and other southern usernames purposely to create confusions,i can point out few of his many usernames, so that you know when you are having a conversation with a decent or sick person.Here are some
of his many fake usernames:ONYOCHA,CHI101,AKAN, and of cos OKIJA JUJU,this guy hates everything or everybody and group who does not support or sympathize with the sharia agenda though you can never see him using the ALHJ_HARAM bitterly against the yorubas even though he loves to but he would pose as a none yoruba to carry out his dirty works,cos if he comes out straight as ALHJ_HARAM he will lose some blind support he enjoys from the yoruba muslim community,so that is his game,HE IS NOTHING BUT A NAIRALAND ASHAWO!

So even an Ewu Adamawa sef has joined the anti-Okija crusade.

I will pray for lest your soul meets destruction! I am not a Boko Haram apologist. I am Just that Igbo boy who is looking at things from a totally different perspective.

High_Chief:

You keep pointing to the pogrom and basing all your argument on that. My question sir is; "What triggered that pogrom?". Ndi Hausa na yi ala, mana what triggered their thirst for eastern blood? If I were to base my views on the Pogrom alone, I'll prolly be the head of a militant Igbo group whose sole aim would be the destruction the hausas. So sir, in your opinion, tell me why the Hausas (who had been accomodating of Ndi Igbos and other tribes in Nigeria), ignored the yorubas, ignored the middle belt, and all of a sudden decide to kill just ndi igbos?
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2011
Okija_juju:

You keep pointing to the pogrom and basing all your argument on that. My question sir is; "What triggered that pogrom?". Ndi Hausa na yi ala, mana what triggered their thirst for eastern blood? If I were to base my views on the Pogrom alone, I'll prolly be the head of a militant Igbo group whose sole aim would be the destruction the hausas. So sir, in your opinion, tell me why the Hausas (who had been accomodating of Ndi Igbos and other tribes in Nigeria), ignored the yorubas, ignored the middle belt, and all of a sudden decide to kill just ndi igbos?

Another excellent point

Everyone would say Pogrom without asking what caused the pogrom

I wonder how Ibos would react when the Prime Minister and premier of their region are killed

Okija Juju has made his points.

1. Which war General runs and leave his populace to the mercy of the invading army. Which father would scale the fence and leave his family to the mercies of invading robbers?

2. What caused the pogrom? Why did Ibo soldiers choose to kill other regional leaders while sparing theirs?
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2011
Okija_juju:

So even an Ewu Adamawa sef has joined the anti-Okija crusade.

I will pray for lest your soul meets destruction! I am not a Boko Haram apologist. I am Just that Igbo boy who is looking at things from a totally different perspective.

Before the pogron, Ifeajuna and his cohorts led the coup which killed the heads of other groups. Now the question is this:

**Was Ojukwu involved in that coup? NO

**Did Ojukwu want peace? YES----He called for the Aburi settlement

**Who caused the war? Gowon----After the Aburi Accord Gowon failed to implement the agreement reached, which angered Ojukwu

**What was the purpose of the Ifeajuna coup? To install Awolowo as Nigeria President

**What was Ojukwu's stand after the coup? He was calling and asking why Adekunle was not installed as the Head of State, instead of Gowon

Now please tell me where Ojukwu went wrong in all these apart from protecting his people. You people always amaze me. All the evil Ojukwu cried against, are they not staring us in the face right now? You also cannot afford to pretend you dont know that almost every Nigerian is praying for that country to split, hence vindicating Ojukwu's cause.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2011
High_Chief:

Before the pogron, Ifeajuna and his cohorts led the coup which killed the heads of other groups. Now the question is this:

**Was Ojukwu involved in that coup? NO

**Did Ojukwu want peace? YES----He called for the Aburi settlement

**Who caused the war? Gowon----After the Aburi Accord Gowon failed to implement the agreement reached, which angered Ojukwu

**What was the purpose of the Ifeajuna coup? To install Awolowo as Nigeria President

**What was Ojukwu's stand after the coup? He was calling and asking why Adekunle was not installed as the Head of State, instead of Gowon

Now please tell me where Ojukwu went wrong in all these apart from protecting his people. You people always amaze me. All the evil Ojukwu cried against, are they not staring us in the face right now? You also cannot afford to pretend you dont know that almost every Nigerian is praying for that country to split, hence vindicating Ojukwu's cause.

The purpose of IFEAJUNAs coup was to install Awolowo as President? Is that the next line of propaganda?

Where is that beaf smiley

How about the part of a war general running away to leave his populace to the wrath of the enemy.

The same Biafran champion now came back to contest for Senator and later president of NIGERIA
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
dayokanu:

The purpose of IFEAJUNAs coup was to install Awolowo as President? Is that the next line of propaganda?

Where is that beaf smiley

How about the part of a war general running away to leave his populace to the wrath of the enemy.

The same Biafran champion now came back to contest for Senator and later president of NIGERIA

I trust you wouldnt wanna tow that path with me

[flash=200,200]http://www.gifbin.com/983100[/img][/flash]
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2011
^^ Tow which path?

The path of half truth and outright falsehood?

Like making Awolowo who was in jail President?

Or that Ojukwu didnt run away from Biafra?
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by JamesDoe: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2011
Pre 1960

SW did not want one Nigeria
East through Zik wanted one Nigeria

Late 1950s and early 1960s

Zik tries to divide the West and once his plan fails goes east and chances a Calabar man;
And whilst brandishing tribalism blames the west (did he not chance a Calabar man?)

Igbo led coup installed Igbo General Ironso as head of state;
Regions are disbanded and government from the centre installed;
Leaders from every region apart from the East are killed (only those in jail or abroad are spared)

The North in retaliation for their loss start killing Easterners (coup kills military men whilst civilians are killed by masses)

The Igbos without consultation with other Easterners declares the East is leaving Nigeria. Igbo military man's actions leads to a civil war that kills millions (including Igbos)

Post civil war
Igbos blame Westerners, specifically Yorubas for the civil war.

How does this make sense. Una go find trouble with Northerners way you no fit finish.

We force us enter country, country come spoil, you vex say you wan leave now. Person trouser way you enter do genocide for Una but you no face am. Na to face another person,

Phucking jokers!
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Chyz2: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2011
JamesDoe:

Pre 1960

SW did not want one Nigeria

East through Zik wanted one Nigeria

Completely wrong. SW(Western Region) did not want One nigeria. Where's the evidence in this?

The East(Eastern Region) wanted one nigeria through Zik. Since when did Zik equate to the Eastern people?

Its funny that since you are using the words and actions of one individual to be the expression of a whole people of a particular region that you never mentioned Akintola, whole whole a pure one nigeria supporter and the former Premier of the Western Region. Since this was the fact, according to you way of thinking, the "SW" really was for One nigeria. And also, awolowo did fight for that didn't he?

Late 1950s and early 1960s

Zik tries to divide the West and once his plan fails goes east and chances a Calabar man;
And whilst brandishing tribalism blames the west (did he not chance a Calabar man?)

Zik never tried to divide the West. He was a "One nigeria" supporter remember, so there shouldn't be a surprise if a man with such ideology ran for a position in Ibadan as against to his ancestral region.

About  brandishing tribalism blames, I mean a certain region constantly puts out tribal bashing news out to the public and its leaders make statements like "We never new the Igbo before, "(Oh and it was worst that what I typed) is his claim wrong?

Also, what do you mean by 'did he not chance a Calabar man?' ? undecided

Igbo led coup installed Igbo General Ironso as head of state;
Regions are disbanded and government from the centre installed;
Leaders from every region apart from the East are killed (only those in jail or abroad are spared)

The North in retaliation for their loss start killing Easterners (coup kills military men whilst civilians are killed by masses)

The Igbos without consultation with other Easterners declares the East is leaving Nigeria. Igbo military man's actions leads to a civil war that kills millions (including Igbos)

Post civil war
Igbos blame Westerners, specifically Yorubas for the civil war.

How does this make sense. Una go find trouble with Northerners way you no fit finish.

We force us enter country, country come spoil, you vex say you wan leave now. Person trouser way you enter do genocide for Una but you no face am. Na to face another person,

Phucking jokers!

I glad you at least said 'Igbo-led coup' and not 'Igbo coup'. I can respect that.

About the retaliation against Easterners during the July 66' coup. If that coup/pogrom was due to retaliation of the Jan 66 killings of their leader,why then was their a riot in May of '66 which caused 10,000 Eastern deaths in the North? Was that not retaliation? Also were the same northern soldiers that were called out to help stop the May 66 retaliatory riot against the Easterners? Obviously the July 66 coup was for the quest of norther supreme rule and the Igbo both politically and socially had to be 'subdued'.

As for the Igbo leaders calling for seccession without the consultation of other easterners, that is a big lie. The average civilians didnt agree or disagree and neither did they have a sayso in such a durassic decision. The major people kings/leaders/big men majority iof them were for the secession. Go read on it buddy. We didn't have people turning on Biafra till later on down the line.

Igbos never blamed westerners, remember you said Zik meant Igbos right? I don't remember Zik ever saying that. . .lol. But for real, Igbos don't blame yorubas just some of your leaders, as you all should not blame us.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Completely wrong. SW(Western Region) did not want One nigeria. Where's the evidence in this?

The East(Eastern Region) wanted one nigeria through Zik. Since when did Zik equate to the Eastern people?

Its funny that since you are using the words and actions of one individual to be the expression of a whole people of a particular region that you never mentioned Akintola, whole whole a pure one nigeria supporter and the former Premier of the Western Region. Since this was the fact, according to you way of thinking, the "SW" really was for One nigeria. And also, awolowo did fight for that didn't he?

Awo was the representative of the West pre 1960, Zik for the east and bello for the North.

Yes Zik equates Eastern people When Bush declared war on Iraq many Americans didnt support but the action of the leader represent the wish of his nation. Evidence of Akintolas supporting One Nigeria emerged after 1960.

I glad you at least said 'Igbo-led coup' and not 'Igbo coup'. I can respect that.

Its an Ibo coup

Nzeogwu killed Bello, Ifeajuna killed Balewa, Nwobosi killed Akintola, Anuforo killed Okotie-Eboh, Tim Onwuategwu killed Ademulegun and his wife in bed

About the retaliation against Easterners during the July 66' coup. If that coup/pogrom was due to retaliation of the Jan 66 killings of their leader,why then was their a riot in May of '66 which caused 10,000 Eastern deaths in the North? Was that not retaliation? Also were the same northern soldiers that were called out to help stop the May 66 retaliatory riot against the Easterners? Obviously the July 66 coup was for the quest of norther supreme rule and the Igbo both politically and socially had to be 'subdued'.

So who says in retaliation killings must be equal? If you kill one of mine I reserve the right to kill millions of yours

How many Americans were killed in 9-11 vs How many Iraqis and Afghans have been killed? This is not mathematical ratios its WAR
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Chyz2: 8:11pm On Nov 30, 2011
dayokanu:

Awo was the representative of the West pre 1960, Zik for the east and bello for the North.
And who was the representative of the West after he was unseated? Akintola, a pro-one nigerian. Which according to you means Yorubas were for one nigeria. wink

Yes Zik equates Eastern people When Bush declared war on Iraq many Americans didnt support but the action of the leader represent the wish of his nation. Evidence of Akintolas supporting One Nigeria emerged after 1960.

I hope you know that this write up of your contradicts itself completely. Using Bush as analogy was a bad idea. Take note. smiley

Its an Ibo coup

Nzeogwu killed Bello, Ifeajuna killed Balewa, Nwobosi killed Akintola, Anuforo killed Okotie-Eboh, Tim Onwuategwu killed Ademulegun and his wife in bed

'Igbo led coup' today 'Igbo coup' tomorrow then 'Gordon-led Power Rangers coup' next week then the 'Captain Planet and the Planeteers coup' after that. Hey, whatever flies your kite my man.

So who says in retaliation killings must be equal? If you kill one of mine I reserve the right to kill millions of yours

How many Americans were killed in 9-11 vs How many Iraqis and Afghans have been killed? This is not mathematical ratios its WAR

Kill millions if you like, billions i dont care, Conan the Adventurer,lol. Truth is what you just wrote isn't even relative to my comment. Continue to let out your hot air. I'm still chillin.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by lagoshost(m): 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2011
What man did no body can do it in Nigeria again. All our leaders want now is money money money.

Let them fight for poor masses. RIP my hero.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by Arysexy(m): 12:15am On Dec 01, 2011
Neva a hero like OJUKWU! RIP BRAVE MAN!
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by manosteel(m): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
I have two regrets, one is that Ojukwu died with one secret, the secret of 'Ogbunigwe', that dreaded weapon of mass destruction. At the moment, only the depleted parts of it can be seen In National war Museum Umuahia. This technology should have been handed over and further developed. My second regret is that Yakubu Gowon is now born again, if he die like his friend Ojukwu, he may probabily go to heaven, not realy sure if he deserve to go there.
Re: I Told Ojukwu To Apologise Over Civil War - Obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2011
manosteel:

I have two regrets, one is that Ojukwu died with one secret, the secret of 'Ogbunigwe', that dreaded weapon of mass destruction. At the moment, only the depleted parts of it can be seen In National war Museum Umuahia. This technology should have been handed over and further developed. My second regret is that Yakubu Gowon is now born again, if he die like his friend Ojukwu, he may probabily go to heaven, not realy sure if he deserve to go there.

Trust me, Gowon has a reserved presidential suite in hell already. The likes of Awo are next door to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu: We Are Probing Ex-Governors, Serving Governors, Fronts / I Know The Way To Prosperity, Says Tinubu / Saraki’s Travails Not Masterminded By APC – Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.