Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions (10832 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / Buhari Will Win In 28 States , Says Ngige / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by Diligence: 8:21am On Dec 02, 2011
U're yet to regret heedg the advise of awolowo that medical supplies shld be blocked leadg to death of millions of innocent children and women in Biafra - you are yet to regret handing over oil-rich bakassi to cameroun - you are yet to regret waisting billions of naira to pay off Russians, UK and others to bomb Biafra - you are yet to regret keeping mute while Igbo people were massacred in the north while u're a leader - you are yet to regret the pogrom in Asaba - you are yet to regret signing but not applying the principles of Aburi Accord - you're yet to regret that the chickens are back to roost in ur backyard (Plateau state) - you are yet to regret even acceptg to be head of state when it shld hv bn Ogundiple the next senior in line - you are yet to regret even being urself - u neva stat!
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by DRANOEL(m): 9:01am On Dec 02, 2011
@ torch 1

i weep for you, clearly your mental capacity is not balanced!

the aburi accord and subsequent war were spill overs of the declaration of biafra by ojokwu,but this is difficult for you to understand because the objective part of your brain is sticking 'round your a.rse
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by asha80(m): 9:03am On Dec 02, 2011
DRANOEL:

@ torch 1

i weep for you, clearly your mental capacity is not balanced!

[b]the aburi accord and subsequent war were spill overs of the declaration of biafra by ojokwu,[/b]but this is difficult for you to understand because the objective part of your brain is sticking 'round your a.rse

aburi accord a spillover of the declaration of biafra shocked

man pls keep your ignorance in check.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by Torch1(m): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2011
asha 80:

aburi accord a spillover of the declaration of biafra shocked

man pls keep your ignorance in check.
i will never reply to that dunce again, he is very ignorant of Civil war history, A mo'ron who dnt know anything and will never admit that he don't know.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by DRANOEL(m): 9:31am On Dec 02, 2011
the actions ojukwu took before their going to ghana were actions against the state and as such a declarationo f war befor verbally declaring seccession or can you explain to me what they were doing at aburi?
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 02, 2011
Gowon is largely responsible for the way Nigeria has turned out. He had a golden chance, just like the fools -Obj and Ibb to write his name in gold and change the course of our history, but he didn't think about posterity. Now he's regretting. He should just keep quiet and hide in his house while he waits for death. I wonder how people like him sleep at night. angry
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by icez: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2011
g o w o n
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by Uchek(m): 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
Dranoel: the actions ojukwu took before their going to ghana were actions against the state and as such a declarationo f war befor verbally declaring seccession or can you explain to me what they were doing at aburi?

At this age and time, you need to be explained to what Aburi was all about. And that going to Ghana to seek a peaceful resolution to the crisis and avoid war was a declaration against a state - the same state that Gowon and his Northern brothers carried out a coup against which made him a coup plotter?

You don't need an explanation. If you cannot educate yourself diligently on the [b]Aburi Accord [/b]and reach unbiased conclusion whether the accord would have addressed Nigeria's problem or not - had it been implemented by Gowon - then you can't be helped.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by novaman: 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
Its is shocking that lots of people on Nairaland simply wait for the next person to yab; majority of the replies on most of the thread are just for yabbing other Nairaland members maybe due to ethnic connections or leaders of this country and nothing more. There seem to be nothing the heads of many apart from yabbing, why? Igbo this, hausa that, yoruba say, na wa o.

You guys should endeavour to react positively, find solution where there is none because anybody on Nairaland could be the president tomorrow; anybody could be reading your post, but if you have nothing to offer why waste the space. You should all grow up and act positively help Nigeria make meaningful growth, you have a lot inside you, please don't be nuisance other nationality could be using this medium to judge us. See the way we are condemning a man simply because he made mistake and admitted he did; judging by the malicious replies on this thread majority would have turn even local government to states and still claim they are right. Please like I usually say, use your head and not your leg.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by ACM10: 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
Uchek:

Gowon has not started regretting. For him to confess his regret now shows that he has harboured this regret for long. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

You will regret usurping power and destroying the espirit-de-corps and army seniority rule which would have allowed Ogundipe, Adebayo, Ejoor etc to take power after the muder of Ironsi.

You will regret the massacre of Ibos in the North before the outcome of civil war without anybody brought to punished or victims punished.

You will regret the Aburi Accord betrayal which will have given us the framework to address out multi-ethnic problems and establish the foundation of Nigeria economic growth

You will regret your myyopic economic policies of your 9-year rule which encouraged wasteful importation and elephant projects which appeared to be developmental projects because of the oil boom.

You will regret that you will pass on to meet your God in frustration and pain from the knowledge that Nigeria is a failed state ( and may never attain its potential) and your future generatio and (your tibe) will be pay for your visionless and mediocrity.

God bless the womb that gave birth to you

1 Like

Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by realchange: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
Posted by: DRANOEL

the actions ojukwu took before their going to ghana were actions against the state and as such a declarationo f war befor verbally declaring seccession or can you explain to me what they were doing at aburi?

Aburi Conference Date:
Between January 5th and 7th 1967

Biafran Declaration of Independence: Tuesday, May 30, 1967

On 6 July 1967, Gowon declared war and attacked Biafra

so can someone help this dunce make an informed conclusion.   cry cry
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by apach4ever(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
A point many 'informed' commentators here miss is that the fact that Gowon is from Plateau State doesn't mean he's Berom. He's not! so the so called justice by the Hausa/Fulani against his kins men is nothing but nonsense. By the way I'm neither Berom neither am I Angas (Gowon's tribe) but I do live and work in Plateau State and I'm really tired of this attempt to portray the Jos crisis as the hand of Karma on the decisions made nearly 50 years ago by a man not much older then than I am now.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by DRANOEL(m): 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
i ask and will still.ask again again, what was the discussion at aburi all about? can the governor of enugu now go out and make policies against the fg without it being considered treason?

if bayelsa governor recalls all his citizens to bayelsa and does not recognize the authority of gej what does that make him, a presidential dinner candidate or a treasonable offender?

like i.said, think with your brain and not the a.rse
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by Uchek(m): 5:58am On Dec 03, 2011
If you don't see the hand of Karma in the massacres in Plateau, no problem! The hand of justice seeks does  not seek anyone's permission to re-tribute justice. Whether Gowon is Berom or Angas is besides the matter.

The central issue is that Gowon's state has become a theatre of massacre much to his rude awakening.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by emmke(m): 7:25am On Dec 03, 2011
@apach4ever dont waste ur time with them here. They are just plain dumb. Very very dumb. Just let them wallow in their ignorance. It's bliss afterall. U hear them shouting karma on Gowon people. i live in jos and for sure igbos and other southerners in jos are recording significant casualties as well, is that karma too? Unbelievably ignorant folks.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by Uchek(m): 7:56am On Dec 03, 2011
Off course other tribes will also be affected by Jos crisis or every crises in Nigeria as along as they sojourn in those areas. It is the price they have to pay for being a part of a dysfunctional and "geographical expression" called Nigeria.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by emmke(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2011
^oh, so u do know that other tribes are affected. So what's with the usual rants of karma on Gowon's people?
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by purplekayc(m): 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2011
too late 4 regrets abi?/ grin grin grin grin
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2012

Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions

I hope Gowon is making out time to[b] unite with the hausa/fulani[/b] people that are exterminating his kinsmen by the bushel.
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by naijaking1: 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
Gowon, Danjuma, OBJ, and other myopic military chiefs who laid the foundation of this current unstable federal structure will always have themselves to blame, even in their graves.
Other countries can boast of futuristic leaders who were able to see beyond current issues, but our leaders are school drop outs who were good at nothings else but soldering and obeying orders.

The killing of Igbos, southerners, and christians continue today; who would say that it "was because the Igbos planned a coup that eliminated prominent non-Igbos" angry angry angry
Re: Gowon Regrets Creating States, Says It Promotes Divisions by tpiadotcom: 9:18pm On May 16, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha To Present The "Ikoro" Igbo Newspaper, March 15 / Petrol Price Hike, Water Resources Bills Test Senate’s Representation Role / APC To Decide On Zoning In June 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.