Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord (8416 Views)

Choose Btw Toyota Sienna And Honda Odessy / Choose Btw Japaneese And Other Brands Of Cars / Between Honda Accord V-tech And Honda Accord Dx,ex, Lx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by met2(m): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2011
Fellow nairalanders, kindly assist in making these choice of car with reason. I need to choose between 2002-2004 Toyota Highlander and 2006 honda Accord. I cant really make a choice between both cars. Please help me make a choice with reason why you would prefer any, in terms of maintenance, durability, economical etc. For both cars, am going for an 2.4Engine.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by chelseabmw(m): 10:44am On Dec 02, 2011
Toyota Highlander any day. . . .
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by toba1909(m): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
Highlander Rocks! wink
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by Jarus(m): 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
I use Honda Accord 2005(which is only slightly different from 2006) and must say it's not a good choice where the roads are not so good, but in terms of aesthetics I will still take it over Highlander 2002-2004.

Highlander, and Toyota generally, is more rugged, but I have issue with vehicles as old as 2002-2004.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by blank(f): 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
Pick the SUV. I love SUV's
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by jehoshua55(m): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2011
how many of us get motto nah 
grin
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by bravedude(m): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
Toyota Highlander.Honda Accord with 2 many problem and remember bad roads.But I fear for highlander intereor.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by kaylala(m): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
I prefer the Toyota Highlander anyday. Toyota parts are considerably cheaper than Honda parts anyday.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by igbo2011(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2011
Innoson
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by lonamy: 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
Brother, pick Toyota Highlander, it has value for its money. Honda Accord is a good product but not for Nigeria roads.

Forget about the issues of Interior, Honda is known for better interior over Toyota, but durability, ruggedity, maintenability, economy, spart part availabilty give it to Toyota. Toyota SUvs are built with Nigeria in view.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by atasteve: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2011
Not even considering any make per say, i will advise that you go for an SUV because of the state of our roads.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by MurderX: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
Durability = Highlander ( 8 to 4 on a scale of 10)
Economic (low fuel consumption and low frequency of repair)  = Highlander (8 to 5 on a scale of 10)
Ruggedness = Highlander ( 9 to 4 on a scale of 10)
Fit for NAija = Highlander (8 to 5.5 on a scale of 10)
More Useful (for bad roads, flood, swamp, no of passengers, family) = Highlander (9 to 4 on scale of 10)

Popularity = Honda Accord (9 to 5 on scale of 10)
More on the Road (common) = Honda Accord (9 to 4 on scale of 10)
Spare Availability = Honda Accord (8 to 4 on scale of 10)
Interior = Honda (8 to 5 on 10 scale)
More recent  = Honda Accord (2006 vs 2004)
Bling Bling/Showboy = Honda Accord (8 to 5 on scale of 10)

Make ya choose, but me recommend Highlander.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by Acef(f): 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
highlander all the way. a wa ti e n wo yi o, awa lai landers
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2011
igbo2011:

Innoson
They are talking about correct cars here not jallopie or keke napep.
@OP
I will recommend camry voltron for you.that car na die. grin
W
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by Fancier(f): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
Highlander all the way,  I love this car

Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by pynkspyce: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
Highlander - Jeep all d way! grin
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by chelseabmw(m): 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
I so much love voltron. . . .Don't know why embarassed
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by benlay(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
i imagined how this made the front page, Highlander is an SUV, H. Accord is car, dhaw!
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
The 06 honda accord would be more fuel efficient than the highlander. After considering the state of our roads and the ground clearance, the highlander would be better off.
U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't mention if the highlander was the front wheel drive or 4wheel drive variant. The 2.4L 4cyl. Highlander engine also powers most camrys with inline 4s.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by Osama10(m): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
Toyota HIGHLANDER all the way. cool
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by Vickivicki(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2011
Highest Lander
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by FlyboyZee: 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2011
Comparing d highlander to d accord? Hhm! Better compare d accord to d camry. What am I even saying self, d highlander is just d camry in a 4x4 body. Well, d accord is smoother & sweeter, but d highlander made up 4 dat with good ground clearance, ruggedity & durability. If you lyk sweet & sexy, go 4 d accord. But, if you want a jallopy dat is good to go at any tym, call me an Highlander.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by eros(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
igbo2011:

Innoson

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bro go for the Highlander and my reason is simple the 2006 Honda Accord has a factory mistake which has not been made known to Honda. The front wheels ALUMINIUM BARS usually breaks for whatever reason. I have experienced this same problem in 3 2006 Honda Accord and I have also seen a 2008 Honda Accord with this same problem.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by OlaPhils(m): 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
my guy u funny oooooo. 2004 and 2006, wey pple don dey buy 2012 cars. na wa for u oooo. just go for hybrid porsche 2012 , ds car is too nice, nissan patrol 2010, or range rover 2012, or 2011 toyota land cruiser, or dodge charger or camaro 2012 these are some few nice car that will always make u very happy. forget abt outdated car . think of something new
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by Jarus(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2011
Bros, if he has money for all the cars you're mentioning, he will not be talking about Honda 2006 or Highlander 2002-2004.

1 Like

Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by met2(m): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
Thanks all for the contributions, one reason i luv these forum, we are always there 4 others,
@ jarus, abeg help me tell am, if i get money na 2012 Buggati i suppose buy dey drive for our bad roads, if the bumpers scratch, i will buy lamboghini, na money make me dey look 02-06. but i will start buying brand new very soon by God grace.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by bubechafe: 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
My friend just go for the highlande, coz toyota product is far different from Honda in terms of engine and quality smiley wink
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by muyoto: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
toyota rocks! cool
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by viperman: 1:05am On Dec 03, 2011
In all areas, the Highlander is a better buy compared to the Accord.

NOTE: This is not a fair comparison as the highlander is an SUV while the accord is a sedan.

www.viperautos.com
www.facebook.com/ViperAutos
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by kabukabu50(m): 1:45am On Dec 03, 2011
met2:

Fellow nairalanders, kindly assist in making these choice of car with reason. I need to choose between 2002-2004 Toyota Highlander and 2006 honda Accord. I cant really make a choice between both cars. Please help me make a choice with reason why you would prefer any, in terms of maintenance, durability, economical etc. For both cars, am going for an 2.4Engine.

You do know that they are in different categories right? grin
You can't compare a four door midsize sedan to a midsize SUV.

How about comparing the Accord to
Camry
Maxima
Legacy

and compare the Highlander to
Honda CRV
Nissan Murano

, you get the point. grin
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by bfire(m): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2011
The two vehicles serve a different purpose on the road even though they are both basically to commute from one point to anoter.

Highlander V6 AWD is preferable. The I4 cylinder will move the same traction as the accord hence the 4 cylinder accord is preferable to 4 cylinder highlander,

Man, go for the V6 highlander AWD.
Re: Choose Btw Toyota Highlander And Honda Accord by ask4double(m): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2011
Annoying and dumb Comperation, How culd u compare an Accord and a Highlander? Mcheeww Even a Camry will compete favourably with an Accord let alone my Darling Highlander, even a CRV can't stand Her,

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Nissan Quest 2000 - 2003 Why Do People Avoid Them. / At What Age Is the Best To Learn Driving? / How Many Cars Does Olamide Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.