Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? (776 Views)

Relationships Are NOT Meant For Students / I Wasn't Her TYPE 3yrs Ago And Now I Suddenly Became Her Type. / Nigerian Lady Tells Fellow Women To Dump Their Boyfriend If He Just Did His BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by Georgialuv: 8:49am On Dec 04, 2011
They say what is yours will always be yours. What about in a situation where you let someone go and maybe that someone was yours?! I remember when I was 18/19, I met this gentleman who had a good job and was even talking about marriage, I didn't dismiss him but i wasn't ready at the same time. I had told him to give me small time to really figure out what i wanted, that i wasn't saying no but with school and all on my mind and so many a past/present relationship, let's see how time would play itself.
Now in my early 20's i look back and we still talk but he is already to engaged to someone else i don't think he really likes. I look back and tell myself he should have been my husband, a good husband material and then i remember i never dismissed him or even told him no out of selfish reasons, it was just too fast for me then.
Now I can't help but think and wonder if this is my own loss, that i should have just said yes when i was 18/19 years old or maybe that is not the person God has for me. I've even thought about telling him, i'm ready to settle down. Advice needed.
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by priest2u(m): 8:54am On Dec 04, 2011
what happened to the auditor you have a crush on, in your office? couldn't he be the man you've been waiting for.

Anyway you still have time.
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by freecocoa(f): 9:01am On Dec 04, 2011
Han ha,is he the only man who's shown genuine interest in you?I thought there's a thread about a guy in your life or something,I don't see why you should see it as a loss except maybe you love him and want to be with him.
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by Georgialuv: 9:08am On Dec 04, 2011
priest2u:

what happened to the auditor you have a crush on, in your office? couldn't he be the man you've been waiting for.

Anyway you still have time.

Lol the auditor is a crush i happened to have on him and didn't mind getting to know him better but he is acting tooooo slow, while the one i'm talking about now, i know that one very well.

freecocoa:

Han ha,is he the only man who's shown genuine interest in you?I thought there's a thread about a guy in your life or something,I don't see why you should see it as a loss except maybe you love him and want to be with him.

He is not the only one that has shown genuine interest but amongst the ones meeting me now and even one that talks marriage with me, he is the one with very good qualities as per, job, good family, good height, religion etc
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by slimyem: 9:08am On Dec 04, 2011
maybe you should tell him how you feel now  but remember you might complicate his present relationship if you do.
you did what you were supposed to do at 19.schooling,dating and fun not marriage.if he's meant to be yours,you'd get him back.if not,another Mr.right will come along  pretty soon.
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by Georgialuv: 9:11am On Dec 04, 2011
slimyem:

maybe you should tell him how you feel now  but remember you might complicate his present relationship if you do.
you did what you were supposed to do at 19.schooling,dating and fun not marriage.if he's meant to be yours,you'd get him back.if not,another Mr.right will come along  pretty soon.

I want to and have thought about it several times but i sometimes feel he would laugh at me or turn me down or talk about when he was so interested about marriage, i didn't agree then.
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by freecocoa(f): 9:18am On Dec 04, 2011
Georgialuv:

He is not the only one that has shown genuine interest but amongst the ones meeting me now and even one that talks marriage with me, he is the one with very good qualities as per, job, good family, good height, religion etc

Okay but are these the only things you are concerned with?how about wondering if he still feels the same way he felt when you were 19,how about you?do you even love or have feelings for him?or do you just wanna marry a man cos he has the qualities you consider as good?
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by bekay911(f): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2011
Wat will be will always be. If u love sumtin set it free if it comes back it is yours bt if doesnt it was neva yours.
Ppl dat walked away from ur life werent and will neva b part of ur destiny.
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by toyemz(f): 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2011
@poster

regarding this man,i think there are a lot of questions you need to ask your self within
do you really love him now
did you ever love him
or are you just infatuated with him,especially now that he is with someone else?

talk to him,is the love of then still there now
you mention that he is engaged to someone he doesn't really love
hey if its only engagement and no pregnancy and stuff
you guys should talk the talk
and let him walk that walk
it isn't really too late
but only if you are both really really sure
only if
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by Mynd44: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2011
Georgialuv:

he is the one with very good qualities as per, job, good family, good height, religion etc

How come the Job comes first in the list of good qualities
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2011
look here @poster, wat is wrong wit u? u better be careful! I tink u r lookin for a reason to spoil somebody's relationship. u said he is engaged, then, u went ahead to say u feel he is nt happy, are u a prophet? Did he tell u he is nt happy? Why do u want to cause a fellow woman like u pain? Get ur useless self out of his affairs and do nt plan to seduce him! Mind ur own biz! Go and look for ur own man! U really annoy me! Damn!
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by Georgialuv: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2011
Boyloaf:

look here @poster, wat is wrong wit u? u better be careful! I tink u r lookin for a reason to spoil somebody's relationship. u said he is engaged, then, u went ahead to say u feel he is nt happy, are u a prophet? Did he tell u he is nt happy? Why do u want to cause a fellow woman like u pain? Get your useless self out of his affairs and do nt plan to seduce him! Mind your own biz! Go and look for your own man! U really annoy me! Damn!

I get you.

Mynd_44:

How come the Job comes first in the list of good qualities

It just came in no particular order.
Re: People Could This Really Be My Own Loss Or Perhaps He Just Wasn't Meant For Me? by Mynd44: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2011
^^
yeah yeah that's what they all say

(1) (Reply)

I No Be Atm Machine / Is There Something Like A Real Faithfull Marriage? / I Love Her And Love Her,but She Love Him And Love Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.