Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,826 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark (12608 Views)

Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / 'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / Maku Is Interim Defence Minister, Other Ministers Appionted Caretakers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by MAYOWAAK: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
An irate Senate President, Senator David Mark today descended heavily on the Minister of information, Labaran Maku and indeed got personal when he described the President Jonathan's government spokesman as a stupid person.

Mark was reacting to comments made last week by Minister Labaran Maku that "National Assembly resolutions are merely advisory" while fielding questions on the national assembly's resolutions on the suspended planned introduction of new N5000 note by the central bank of Nigeria, CBN.

While moderating senators debate on a motion which deliberated on the menace of flooding across the country,

Mark described Maku's comment as a careless talk. His words: "He (Maku) didn't think properly. I think the information minister is a careless talker. It was a careless talk. I hope that the president cautions him and calls him to order. He shouldn't educate us; we should educate him. For any minister who talks that carelessly next time, we will take a resolution asking the President to sack him. For those who ask ministers to bow and go when they come here for screening, this should be a hard lesson."

After the harsh words for Maku, the senate passed a resolution urging the president to forward to the National Assembly, supplementary appropriation to address immediate needs of flood victims in all parts of the country.

http://www.ediong.org/2012/09/mark-to-maku-youre-stupid-minister.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by k2039: 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
MAYOWAAK: His words: "He (Maku) didn't think properly. I think the information minister is a careless talker. It was a careless talk. I hope that the president cautions him and calls him to order. He shouldn't educate us; we should educate him. For any minister who talks that carelessly next time, we will take a resolution asking the President to sack him.

[img]http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1311619121376.jpg[/img]

8 Likes

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
I just like dis David Mark. He has guts to tell the Western World(US,UK AND Allies) to fuxk off with their aids money for homo laws. He has guts to give this dull administration a good kickin to fix up their act and would certainly have the guts for a stand off with Cameroon just like Abacha.

2015, he is the man to watch. grin

4 Likes

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by belovedaja(m): 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
I love David mark for this
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by belovedaja(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: I just like dis David Mark. He has guts to tell the Western World(US,UK AND Allies) to fuxk off with their aids money for homo laws. He has guts to give this dull administration a good kickin to fix up their act and would certainly have the guts for a stand off with Cameroon just like Abacha.

you have just displayed the attitude of a fool

11 Likes

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
belovedaja:
you have just displayed the attitude of a fool

^^ U just displayed the attitude of a nonentity. Worst dan a fool. shocked

Just sayin...Oh,their will be no more dignified response to a nonentity like urself. Keep dis one as a souvenir from moi bliss4lyfe.

10 Likes

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by acidtalk: 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
In the land of the Blind there is always a one eyed man.

David Mark is the one eyed man in this Republic (amongst the entire Legislative, Judiciary and Executive arm). Once a soldier always a soldier so I am not surprised at all.

As for that illiterate called Maku, I think he needs to be sent back to the Labour market because that dude is truly a careless talker.

Isn't it the same foo*l that called Nigerian youths "Jobless miscreants" during the fuel subsidy protest. The same youths the government he belongs didn't employ, feeling reluctant to pay a meager N18,000 minimum wage.

Maku should look back and see the lifes of Jerry Gana, Audu Ogba, Fani Kayode, Ojo Madueke and tell us if they didn't say and do worse than he is doing presently. Nothing last forever.

1 Like

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Buhahahahahahahahaha
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by omiobo: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
THIS SPACE IS FOR SALE

2 Likes

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Biggyd2: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2012
I still don't know what Mark is planning but with respect to this matter, I like what he said. This Labaran Maku even talks more than the President himself. Well what do you expect, he is the government's mega phone.

1 Like

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by tunapawizzy: 8:28am On Sep 26, 2012
d matter pepper DavidMark well well........ i no fit laff

2 Likes

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Wsdm: 8:31am On Sep 26, 2012
I hope they know that Maku is speaking for someone whom that reaction from the senate president may indirectly be directed to afterall.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Toktee(m): 8:31am On Sep 26, 2012
The guy talk too much,i dont even like seen his face on tv. where is fani kayode today?

1 Like

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by free2ryhme: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: I just like dis David Mark. He has guts to tell the Western World(US,UK AND Allies) to fuxk off with their aids money for homo laws. He has guts to give this dull administration a good kickin to fix up their act and would certainly have the guts for a stand off with Cameroon just like Abacha.

Don't tell me you have the IQ of lint. Guy you just proved Dele Momodu right ..."The attention span of an average Nigerian is short and limited. Nigerians are a people perpetually in search of new heroes. We are a people so confused about what we want"
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by ydtaurus5: 8:36am On Sep 26, 2012
that was a nice one from mark,not all those dat are our leader worth d position,cos of the way they talk.i hope it isnt a strategy to get us cheap!
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2012

as we are, the only person i will vote for 2015 is mark!
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Patdedon(m): 8:37am On Sep 26, 2012
Brave heart Mark, actually spoke like the speaker that he is cool
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2012
Come to think of it. That was why he was made the Minister of Information; at least he got the guts to speak whats on his mind.

Besides, anything that pisses a Nigerian politician off to the core must have struck a nerve.

Nevertheless, they are birds of a feather.

So in this case as the judge; I say, Objections sustained !!!!!!!!
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by size38: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2012
Labaran Maku talks too much we know. But Mark and his colleague are equally part of this whole mess. A situation where they tell a ministarial nominee to bow and go is not good for our country

1 Like

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Intrepid1(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2012
Did David Mark think before opening his yap to say 'Telephones are not for the poor'? A clear case of the kettle calling the pot black.

6 Likes

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Newcrescent(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2012
Maku is trying to protect his job because he felt threatened by the presence of Doyin Okupe. This once upon a time youth activist cares for nobody but his purse. The dog that will get loss, will not listen to the horn of the hunter. I rest my case.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by talktrue1(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2012
Where I like most is "
For those who ask ministers to bow and go when they come here for screening, this should be a hard lesson
[size=14pt]Will they learn from it?[/size]
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Joey82(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2012
Olodostein: Come to think of it. That was why he was made the Minister of Information; at least he got the guts to speak whats on his mind.

Besides, anything that pisses a Nigerian politician off to the core must have struck a nerve.

Nevertheless, they are birds of a feather.

So in this case as the judge; I say, Objections sustained !!!!!!!!

He dosnt have to speak what is on his mind.
he has to say what is right.
for Christ sake he's the govt spokesperson.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Toks2008(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2012
Intrepid!:
Did David Mark think before opening his yap to say 'Telephones are not for the poor'? A clear case of the kettle calling the pot black.

Lets face it, is telephone really for the poor? We need to look at that statement and we will see that telephone was definitely not for the poor as at the time he made that statement and even now when you consider the cost of recharge cards and when you say poor i believe he meant the real poor people who can barely afford 3 square meals.

I just love that guy for so many reasons.

1 Like

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by ecode1(m): 8:59am On Sep 26, 2012
Rubbish!!! Who is f00ling who here? After much insult from both men, they will go and settle at the joint where the National Cake is been shared.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by omiobo: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2012
So that man called Maku sabi fear like this. So him fit apologise after careless talk. it's a big shame to Maku and to his boss.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by killuminati(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2012
Hi
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by jstringz(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2012
Lol....

All dis people self with their political maradonaism. Once they don't get their desired result they turn and play the hero.

As far as I am concerned they are both birds of a feather. David mark collects close to a quarter of a billion monthly- "legally", he sits there elegantly while the Federal govt struggles 2 pay minimum wage of 18k.

Hypocrisy and mendacity are the hallmarks of the so- called politicians in dis part of the continent.

3 Likes

Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Exponental(m): 9:12am On Sep 26, 2012
Must the national assembly get hit before reacting to issues?
Were they not aware that Maku had been a careless talker before now.
He is a bad representative of the youth.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by safarigirl(f): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2012
...just like his boss. This GEJ's administration is the most disconcerted in Nigeria's history. Attacks and counter attacks flying everywhere, everybody has an opinion, nobody is heard. A government that can not speak with one voice, rulers who are always at logger heads with each other, the masses are in deep shyte.
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Bunchersstab(m): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2012
Come 2 think of it...
D national assembly always take issues that affect them directly
More serious than issues affecting d masses.
Abeg next topic. I like mark sha
Re: Maku Is A Careless Talker - David Mark by Intrepid1(m): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2012
Toks2008:

Lets face it, is telephone really for the poor? We need to look at that statement and we will see that telephone was definitely not for the poor as at the time he made that statement and even now when you consider the cost of recharge cards and when you say poor i believe he meant the real poor people who can barely afford 3 square meals.

I just love that guy for so many reasons.

Even if he was right, Government Officials are supposed to careful with their utterances lest they cause disaffection among the populace. America is filled with crackheads but you wont hear Obama admitting it publicly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award / Nigeria’s Economy Must Be Freed From Oligarch’s Interest, Says Rewane / GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.