Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy (12611 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Fashola Signs Executive Order On Sex Offenders / Rivers ACN Calls For The Removal Of Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by daguru(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2011

Its strange how you don't have the slightest idea of what the palliative measures are, but you claim to know what will result. Are you a voodoo priest? Lol!

OOh so you believe in that half promise called PALLIATIVE measures. Tell me, isnt it the same curruption crippled MDA's going to be responsible for implementing them? We all know how inefficient and clueless this government is?

DO YOU EXPECT ME TO TRUST THE GOVERMNET TO CORRECLT ADMINISTER 'palliative measures' to alleviate the sufferings of 160million Nigerians when it did a very very shoddy job at something as simple as organising an event to HONOUR UNDERSERVING NIGERIANS with National Awards.

'@Beaf, please respond
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2011
^
It is left for you to trust or not, sir. Wiser souls will wait and see.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, I do not reply sweeping statements which are made without backing or proof.
Here is a statement with proof,
Cement is not subsidized, how come its still expensive Its a big fallacy to believe that removing subsidy will encorage the building of refineries.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by klas(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, I do not reply sweeping statements which are made without backing or proof.

What backing do you need? copy of the invoice or payment voucher?

If total fuel cost (refining cost + shipping+ other costs+margin) = let say N120 and public pays only N65 while govt pays the balance as subsidy. Do you require rocket science that if government remove its subsidy, somebody has to pay the shortfall and that is the consumer.

And to the marketer, what difference does it make to him whether the full price is fully paid by the public or partly paid by the public and partly by the government?

So long as we are still importing, the fuel importers must pay the full cost at the at the refinery and must recover their full cost

Removal of the subsidy increases the price payable by the public not that it will reduce the cost or profit of the marketer. period.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2011
klas:

If total fuel cost (refining cost + shipping+ other costs+margin) = let say N120 and public pays only N65 while govt pays the balance as subsidy. Do you require rocket science that if government remove its subsidy, somebody has to pay the shortfall and that is the consumer.

And to the marketer, what difference does it make to him whether the full price is fully paid by the public or partly paid by the public and partly by the government?

So long as we are still importing, the fuel importers must pay the full cost at the at the refinery and must recover their full cost

Removal of the subsidy increases the price payable by the public not that it will reduce the cost or profit of the marketer. period.
and what stops them from charging N500/litre? The cement "cabal" does that
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2011
A-ZeD:

Here is a statement with proof,
Cement is not subsidized, how come its still expensive Its a big fallacy to believe that removing subsidy will encorage the building of refineries.

Dude, I have not argued anywhere that fuel would be cheaper; rather, if the N1.3trillion is properly utilised, we will actually be much better off. The grapevine has it that it is going to go into areas such as welfare packages for schools and maternal care, water, transportation, infrastructure etc. I believe there are very very juicy plans for the common man.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2011
klas:

Add on the exponential cost to the country of smuggling; after that, tell us the true consumption level of petrol in Nigeria and I'll get back to you, sir.
It is very simplistic to talk about drilling and pump prices without providing the full root and branch of the oil market. The devil is in the detail, GEJ has seen that devil and he doesn't like it one bit. cool
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Kx: 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

The grapevine has it that it is going to go into areas such as welfare packages for schools and maternal care, water, transportation, infrastructure etc.

In otherwords, without the proceeds of fuel subsidy, we cannot have quality  welfare packages for schools and maternal care, water, transportation, infrastructure etc.?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by daguru(m): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

^
It is left for you to trust or not, sir. Wiser souls will wait and see.

@bEAF (Mr WISE MAN) do you know that over the years, budget implementation/performance by the MDA's has been nothing to write home about (see this link as a reference http://allafrica.com/stories/201109211119.html).

Going by this level of ineptitude in goverment, you want me to accept that the best solution to the fuel subsidy issue is to do the following
a) Completely Remove the subsidy so that everyone buys petrol at international market price, (a death blow to our already devastated economy)
b) Sit back and pray that our inefficient and corrupt MDA's efficiently implement the palliatives to CUSHION THE OTHERWISE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF THE SUBSIDY REMOVAL.

I look forward to your WISE and INFORMED comment
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2011
Simple question for you Beaf,
Does removing Subsidy affect those who import petrol financially?? If yes how
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
^
Hmmmm! I thought your revolution was to "save" the common man. No? shocked

Kx:

In otherwords, without the proceeds of fuel subsidy, we cannot have quality  welfare packages for schools and maternal care, water, transportation, infrastructure etc.?? shocked shocked shocked

Precisely. Otherwise, tell your governor to buck up and get your state generating money; the FG ain't father christmas.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by DeRadical: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
Removing fuel subsidy without fixing our refineries is a CRIME against humanity. Somebody should rather tell us that the government has exhausted the nation's treasury and cannot do anything to fill in the gap without removing the subsidy. that is the black truth here. the economy has gone defunct so dem wan cover up by all means. mtchewwwwwwwww!  

THERE IS A RED SNAKE IN THE AIR oooooo! Hmmmnnnn! wahala is BREWING
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2011
A-ZeD:

Thanks God some other good fellow said it. They do not have enough with Cement, Sugar, Flour cabal. They want another fuel Cabal.

When I talk of Flour cabal, I ask some one to take a stroll to Crown  flour mill and any of the executive how the cabal destroyed the market for them

Ask any cement manufacturer importer or sugar importer and you will be shocked at what you will find out. Ask any top banker and you will see how rotten your country is.

Who does not know those that do not pay any duty on all they import into the country because they are government "pickin". This same people manipulate the market with the duty cushion that the government protected for them alone. They make sure honest and sincere business men cannot compete. Is it nor for same reason that they have refused to issue refinery licence to capable hands. Because the beneficiary are the political sponsors.

They want to keep if for the Dangote's, the femi Otedola, the Jumoh Ibrahims, and all those bankers that destroyed our economy with round trouping. See when I talk, I talk because I have facts.

As an ex Banker, I can name names of the big crooks in this country and their antics. I know how they killed our economy.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by manny4life(m): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2011
A-ZeD:

Simple question for you Beaf,
Does removing Subsidy affect those who import petrol financially?? If yes how

YES

It does affect them because the economy revolves around the basic dynamics of demand and supply. Removal of subsidy will definitely cause a ripple in the economy thus pushing price up which reduces consumption on the other hand. Trust and believe, consumption will be down with subsidy removal, this will stir competition (either mass importation from cheaper avenues or small/local production). These are the only alternatives.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
daguru:

@bEAF (Mr WISE MAN) do you know that over the years, budget implementation/performance by the MDA's has been nothing to write home about (see this link as a reference http://allafrica.com/stories/201109211119.html).

Going by this level of ineptitude in goverment, you want me to accept that the best solution to the fuel subsidy issue is to do the following
a) Completely Remove the subsidy so that everyone buys petrol at international market price, (a death blow to our already devastated economy)
b) Sit back and pray that our inefficient and corrupt MDA's efficiently implement the palliatives to CUSHION THE OTHERWISE DEVASTATING EFFECTS OF THE SUBSIDY REMOVAL.

I look forward to your WISE and INFORMED comment

You talk as if you expect the FG to be your all. Do you think your governor is a mere decoration with no function? Why can't your governor feed you? That is something worthy of a revolution, instead of desperately trying to preserve a beggar mentality.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by moshd(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2011
Mr. Beaf, pls cn give Nairalanders a terse explanation of the GEJ Fuel subsidy removal proposal?
Awaiting your prompt response also.
Thanks.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by vabrida: 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2011
Cant ever be surprised since I voted for Cpc and told fellow people who were brainwashed for voting for that old fool Johnny who thinks like a fish. More Boko Haramis in the making if he dares,  grin grin grin grin grin grin ,  Jonhhy, try to remove it you hear? Very useless president. Is this the time to remover or even be thinking of such a dire move when Boko is reigning and all other madness surrounding his crazy cheap government. He lacks pure unflinching wisdom.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2011
moshd:

Mr. Beaf, pls cn give Nairalanders a terse explanation of the GEJ Fuel subsidy removal proposal?
Awaiting your prompt response also.
Thanks.

I have no more info than you.
Lets all wait until the 13th or thereabouts when the budget will be released. Its just a few days now.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by daguru(m): 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

You talk as if you expect the FG to be your all. Do you think your governor is a mere decoration with no function? Why can't your governor feed you? That is something worthy of a revolution, instead of desperately trying to preserve a beggar mentality.

@BEAF, I am shocked at your boldness at excusing the inefficiency of the Federal Government and Its MDA's. We all know they have an unbeatable track record of failing in their promises. How can you excuse thier consistent inability to perform and deliver all the time. ONLY A FOOL LIKE YOU WOULD TRUST GEJ  AND HIS MDA'S TO CORRECTLY IMPLEMENT HIS SO CALLED PALLIATIVE MEASURES to cushion the undisputable disastrous effects of subsidy removal.

PALLIATIVES = ANOTHER AVENUE FOR THE BOYS TO CHOP. simple
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by brainpulse: 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2011
[quote author=Dude, I have not argued anywhere that fuel would be cheaper; rather, if the N1.3trillion is properly utilised, we will actually be much better off. The grapevine has it that it is going to go into areas such as welfare packages for schools and maternal care, water, transportation, infrastructure etc. I believe there are very very juicy plans for the common man,
[quote][/quote]

@Beaf UNcle Dude,

What happened to trillions of naira budgeted last year by your deluded uncle odechukwu, when was the time the government of nigeria invest in infastructure for the masses. WHy dont the government start from buying free buses for transportation to ease the effect that will come from the effect of the removal. why cant he first start providing the infastruture with the money they have now? It seems all the families of Jonatin thinks alike, beaf inclusive
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by olaezebala: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2011
all I have in mind is revolution.
let it happen
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
brainpulse:

@Beaf UNcle Dude,

What happened to trillions of naira budget last year by your deluded uncle odechukwu, when was the time the government of nigeria invest in infastructure. WHy dont the government start from buying free buses for transportation to ease the effect that will come form the effect of the removal. why can he first start providing the infastruture with the money they have now? It seems all the families of Jonatin thinks alike, beaf inclusive

The bolded are all foolish questions. When govt has told us what the palliative measures would be (which might even include your suggestions), then we can start debating how good or bad they are, but until then, sir, you are jumping the gun and your assumptions bear little to do with common sense.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by klas(m): 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
A-ZeD:

we are actually on the same page. Some dudes gave the impression that subsidy is just a dash being given to marketer which when removed, will punish the marketer and my postition is that it has no negative financial implication to the marketer.

As for what will stop them from charging high. Simple. Nothing. We have seen the case in aviation fuel. Nigeria is about the only country (not sure) where airlines charge 'fuel surcharge' that is almost equal to the base airfare itself. Cement is deregulated and is being sold at sellers' determined price.

Infact after deregulation, govt has no say in pricing except to appeal to marketers' conscience. Currently under subsidised regime, at least pppra gives template which show the highest landing cost allowed and all marketers must fall in line sometimes by importing lower grade of fuel.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2011
daguru:

@BEAF, I am shocked at your boldness at excusing the inefficiency of the Federal Government and Its MDA's. We all know they have an unbeatable track record of failing in their promises. How can you excuse thier consistent inability to perform and deliver all the time. ONLY A FOOL LIKE YOU WOULD TRUST GEJ  AND HIS MDA'S TO CORRECTLY IMPLEMENT HIS SO CALLED PALLIATIVE MEASURES to cushion the undisputable disastrous effects of subsidy removal.

PALLIATIVES = ANOTHER AVENUE FOR THE BOYS TO CHOP. simple

I wonder if you think typing in capitals makes donkeys look smarter? If akanmu is in your head, capitals or not, it remains akanmu. cool
Your mind is made up, so who gives a damn what you think? Most Nigerians are more open minded people, they are much wiser than you and will wait to hear the full case, instead of waxing hysterical and making okija predictions.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

I wonder if you think typing in capitals makes donkeys look smarter? If akanmu is in your head, capitals or not, it remains akanmu. cool
Your mind is made up, so who gives a damn what you think? Most Nigerians are more open minded people, they are much wiser than you and will wait to hear the full case, instead of waxing hysterical and making okija predictions.

MUMU SHAMELESS BEAF. WE ALL CAN TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTER TO ENSURE EVERY ONE UNDERSTANDS WHO YOU ARE. A PAID AGENT. TRAITOR
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
Lets enjoy our Fresh airrr
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by brainpulse: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2011
if all nigerians can stand and took there destinies into their hands during ibb must go, and we suceeded. if during abacha we all came out with one voice and faced the mouth of the gun. then nothing will stop us. goodman_n i join you and all meaningful nigerians against democractic tyrany and demonic governance by jonatin odechukwu beaf. if god be for us 1billion of beaf, jonatin and bombs can not stop the crusade.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by brainpulse: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2011
if all nigerians can stand and took there destinies into their hands during ibb must go, and we suceeded. if during abacha we all came out with one voice and faced the mouth of the gun. then nothing will stop us. goodman_n i join you and all meaningful nigerians against democractic tyrany and demonic governance by jonatin odechukwu beaf. if god be for us 1billion of beaf, jonatin and bombs can not stop the crusade.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2011
Godman_n:

MUMU SHAMELESS BEAF. WE ALL CAN TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTER TO ENSURE EVERY ONE UNDERSTANDS WHO YOU ARE. A PAID AGENT. TRAITOR

I see you have totally abandoned the topic. Is that out of any mental inadequacy?
Dude, typing in capitals is called screaming and its guys with small peeny weeny d.i.c.ks that scream. grin
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2011
brainpulse:

You only have yourself to fight. In fact, I'm looking out for your "revolution" where people don't have full info, yet they just revolt in mad funny ways!
Comedy!
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by sheyguy: 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

The bolded are all foolish questions. When govt has told us what the palliative measures would be (which might even include your suggestions), then we can start debating how good or bad they are, but until then, sir, you are jumping the gun and your assumptions bear little to do with common sense.
beaf,
For the bolded part of that statement, do you trust the govt to implement these "palliative measures" successfully? irrespective of ur answer to my last question, what do u consider the next line of action if the govt fails to deliver its "palliative measures".
last but definitely not the least, Will u ever support a revolution or mass protest if the govt eventually fails to deliver on the promise of those "palliative measures"?.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
sheyguy:

beaf,
For the bolded part of that statement, do you trust the govt to implement these "palliative measures" successfully?

I'm more than willing to give them a chance.

sheyguy:

irrespective of your answer to my last question, what do u consider the next line of action if the govt fails to deliver its "palliative measures".

Whose next line of action?

sheyguy:

Will u ever support a revolution or mass protest if the govt eventually fails to deliver on the promise of those "palliative measures"?.

Of course!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Picture Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At The World Bank Headquarters / Saraki Commiserates With Melaye Over Mother’s Death / Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.