Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,397 members, 7,954,575 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! (14013 Views)

Etisalat Modem In Exchange For A Universal Modem / Advice On The Best Modem In Town / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by jelly456: 7:17am On Nov 10, 2014
jovoodoo:
Speeds are more dependent on ur network operator than the modem itself
Yes,I agree with your points.
Currently i modem with MTN network.
Through my modem,I experienced this speed.
Download speed-6.047mbps Upload speed-1.043mbps I checked my internet speed using ScanmySpeed.com What do you think about my internet speed?
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by Tolzeal(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2014
jelly456:

Yes,I agree with your points.
Currently i modem with MTN network.
Through my modem,I experienced this speed.
Download speed-6.047mbps Upload speed-1.043mbps I checked my internet speed using ScanmySpeed.com What do you think about my internet speed?

If the 'b' is capitalized, then it's Bytes. If it's low-caps, then it's bits. A bit is a single binary digit, either a 1 or a 0. A byte is a piece of data, a single digit that can be from 0 to 255. A byte consists of 8 bits (it takes 8 binary digits for decimal numbers from 128 to 255). So, 1 byte=8 bits.
Besides, 1 KByte is 1024 bytes, and 1 MByte is 1024 KBytes.
However, 1 kbps is 1000 bps, and 1mbps is 1000 kbps.
1 Mbps = 1,000,000 bps = 125,000 Bps = 122 KBps = 0.11 MBps.

So don't be deceived by what they give To u! It most time in mbps. U will come to realise this that mere seeing ur ISP dashboard it displays in mbps also, giving u huge uplink and downlink. Compared to what IDM with give with the huge uplink and downlink on ur dashboard! so it can be easliy concluded that IDM rakes on Mbps and our ISP do provide us with mbps.

Hope this helpful.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by mikron(m): 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
FlyboyZee:
If you are in Bayelsa State, the only network you can use for a seemless, sweet sailing, high flying, wonder jet internet experience is Glo 3G. It is wonderfully superfluous, and enigmatically intelligent. If you can stand fast and furious internet, then get the Glo modem.
it depends where u live in bayelsa o, not every where pls, I'm from bayelsa and bros in my area no strong glo ntwk.
Re: Which Is The Fastest Internet Modem In Naija? Share Ur Experience! by mikron(m): 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
Eti

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inye: Made In Nigeria Tablet PC- How Far Can it Go? / Primavera P6 Log On Problem (pix) / Rapid Grab - Unlimited Rapidshare Downloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.