Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,774 members, 7,959,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse (15610 Views)

Can You Forgive A Cheating Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Outstrip(f): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2011
To be honest I believe that infidelity can be worked through if the offender is contrite but I cannot judge you as I have not been in that situation in my marriage. I had an ex cheat on me and I moved on with no problem. I know it is totally different in marriage but still you have to give it time. Even if it takes forever. Don't sit on it. If you need to vent about it then do so. The other part of moving on from infidelity is the offender understanding that he has to work to restore the broken trust and regain that respect that came from a heart of trust. I honestly cannot even imagine what I would do. I might castrate him so I cannot come here and tell you to get over it when I know that I might not be as diplomatic
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by executinal(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
@Op listen to this music and tell me the result latter. kiss kiss cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNJg3xes3Gs
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by yomideola: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2011
haha, u need God, humanly its impossible
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by bonyface: 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2011
ha. e no easy sha. It is easy for babes to 4give
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by owenueme: 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2011
To forgive is easy. The hard one is the forgetting part. You may try, but doing it? I don't know.
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2011
Smoke Igbo plenty
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by 195(f): 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
^this guy eh

fernando torres tormentor
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Owoinukolo(m): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2011
hmmmmmmm,

I have asked many and no one seems to have an good reason why men have affairs outside marriage.

When i was young i use to say it will never happen utill i got married and like play like joke, i was in it neck deep. How ever, i recall my promise to myself and my God. I took a uturn , the rest is history now.

But importantly is the way my wife took it. The house was miserable and hot for me for the first two week and even my marriage then was threatened but with time she was able to put it behind her although once in while when she notice am drifting away she call out for caution, you knwo what i mean.

Men and Women on their own are issue to study over time and need a lot of paitent to understand. Some of these affair/cheating or whatever its called are not man made o! The woman and the mind of the man are involved.

The man is wire to be moved by what he sees, so as long as he continue to see hmmmm God help us men. (Please dont blind the men o)

My simple advise, find a place in your heart to forgive your man, as long as he is you husband no matter what , na house apoti dey siddon wait for yansh, he go come back when this two left leg girl, lady or strange women show am, else he may just come back to his sense just like the prodigal son,

Most importantly, dont act it out to him or drive him away like some women do and end up loosing the man to anothe desperate unmarried woman,

enough word for the wise, forgive and fogert, dont forget why we are here, take your time and pray and hope for better each day!!!

men do cheat, i dear say always!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2011
Since when did it become so difficult to forgive a cheating quasi-polygamous husband? It's a cultural imperative (at least in this part of the world), however grating that might sound in your ear. Unless of course you prefer the less dignifying condition of spinsterhood/single motherhood.

In any case, I would be interested in knowing how many times you've forgiven and forgotten your own escapades that, predictably, Mr. Husband knows nothing about.
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Wallie(m): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2011
To cheat or attempt to cheat is one thing but to attempt rape (sexual assault)? Attempted rape will probably get him about a couple of years in jail over here. He’s a sexual predator that has no self control!
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
pro01:

Since when did it become so difficult to forgive a cheating quasi-polygamous husband? It's a cultural imperative (at least in this part of the world), however grating that might sound in your ear. Unless of course you prefer the less dignifying condition of spinsterhood/single motherhood.

In any case, I would be interested in knowing how many times you've forgiven and forgotten your own escapades that, predictably, Mr. Husband knows nothing about.

Abi ooh - infidelity is as old as pr0stituti0n. such men(and unbiasedly women) are perceived as social/religious deviants to be scorned by society. since you have kids, you may lighten the burden on your senses and mental health by accepting the fact of the matter. any energy expended in trying to curb sexual urges for whatever (selfish, thoughtless, demon-possessed etcetera) reason is simply an exercise in futility. the process of infidelity is not without cause no matter how flimsy - if he comes (around) back to his senses (all the better) otherwise concentrate your energies on yourself and kids
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by ngusvi: 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2011
The Nigerian US Virgin Islands Reunion Festival Invites all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria to our Annual Nigerian Reunion Festival 2012 .

This festival will take place on May 25th- 28th on the Beautiful US Islands of ST Thomas.
More details here @ www.nigerianusvifestival.com

See yall soon.
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Emmyz: 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2011
I think they've said it all. Forgive and move on even though its hard to forget
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Konnektions146(m): 12:42am On Dec 07, 2011
babasony2k:

FIRST THINGS FIRST, YOU NEED TO FORGIVE HIM FROM YOUR EARTH

SECONDLY, THE TWO OF YOU MUST HAVE AN HONEST DISCUSSION TO FIND
THE MAIN CAUSE OR HIS REASON FOR BETRAYING YOUR TRUST.

THIRDLY, THEN A SOLUTION MUST BE FIND FOR HIS REASON OTHERWISE
HE WILL DO IT AGAIN.

FOURTHLY, YOU SHOULD THINK DEEPLY AND BE SURE U ARE NOT THE ONE THAT CAUSE
HIM RUNNING AFTER OTHER LADIES.
I MEAN HOW OFTEN DO U Be Intimate, OR HOW OFTEN DO U DENIED HIM HIS RIGHT

IF U CAN FIND ANSWER THEN U CAN BE SURE HE WONT REPEAT IT AND U CAN BUILD YOUR TRUST IN HIM AGAIN
yu re on point!
basically my research overtime results that a good number of men runnin after some lady outside their homes are pushed by some factors at home front(it could be wife or environment). and found out that some ladies takes less pain in takin care of their men once they are married; c'mon look sexy for your man, be those things yu were to him just before yu guys got married and much more.
i understand some men are just chronic cheat by default: solution--be your best and PRAY!!!

if God forgives us, cant we forgive?, we can, yu can and yu will.
wishin u a happy home!
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Sinju: 3:40am On Dec 07, 2011
Your husband did not "cheat " on you. He attempted to rape another woman!!!!! That is a different kettle of fish.

He needs to be in jail and will probably head there if he does not check himself and develop self-control. Who will he try to rape next time he is drinking, his child, househelp, sister etc.

First, he should stop drinking since he does not have self-control. Secondly, he needs to apologize to the lady he tried to rape if he is really remorseful.
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by pawa4ul: 10:58am On Dec 07, 2011
I AM SORY TO TELL YOU THAT IT IS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FORGIVE AND FORGET A CHEATING SPOUSE. YOU ONLY PUT IT IN YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS OR IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, UR UNCOSCIOUS STATE OF MIND. THE NEXT LITTLE STORY/ISSUE OR EVEN MOVIE THAT WEARS THAT LOOK AROUND YOU, YOU REMEMBER IT IMMEDIATELY AND START FEELING BAD. LET NOBODY DECEIVE YOU. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE FORGIVE AND FORGET AS PEOPLE CLAIM. YOU CAN ONLY FORGIVE - BUT FORGET, NO WAY!
JUST PRAY IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO YOU
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by tlops(m): 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
How many times does one have to give a "second chance"?
70 times 7 times, cool
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by drnoel: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
Sad but remember the children,
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Nobody: 1:52am On Sep 05, 2012
never ...
Re: How Do You Totally Forgive And Forget A Cheating Spouse by Konnektions146(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: never ...
never say never!

OP,
try and be more flexible and allow thigs pass, wishin u de best

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Cute Ghanian Model Goes Nude For Camera (pics) / Ladies....why Do You Think Men's Nuts Stank? / Ladies Choose One (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.