Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,756 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) (37163 Views)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu / Interview With Ojukwu,comments On The Coup And Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by success4(m): 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2011
alj_harem:

stop talking like that, Ojukwu did the same thing like many other leaders

an example was OBJ as well, Give the man some respect

do you want to gag me? You have comprehension constraints
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by Odunnu: 6:51pm On Dec 06, 2011
success4:

do you want to gag me? You have comprehension constraints
Una no go kill me, wallahi!! cheesy cheesy
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by success4(m): 6:57pm On Dec 06, 2011
Odunnu:

lol, just enjoy the thread as usual. cool
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by agabaI23(m): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
Odunnu:

can we talk pls?
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by MarcAnthon(m): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2011
Very captivating.
So much to learn from our history at that time. How come very few Nigerians leave for us history in the form of books. Ojukwu never wanted to write one, his wife also. The great nations of the world today became what they are by constantly re-inventing themselves through soul-searching based on lessons from their history, and hero-worshiping too! One of the tragedies of Africa is that we have very few heroes and role models to look up to and learn from. Unfortunately for us, even the few that are truly heroes have refused to leave for us their comprehensive stories told from their own pens whereby we could learn and become wiser. I pray this trend changes!
When Emeka was a governor, he was young, early thirties because both of us were married when we were thirty. I remember one day, one ambassador came and left a small chain and pendant for him to give me. He rejected it. It took a lot of persuasion from everybody there before he accepted it. The case now is different.
In my case, he is not a criminal; he is a very kind man. He was not criminally involved. He did not steal while in government, he doesn’t know how to steal government’s money. And that was why he was even spending our money. So, there was indeed nothing to tell.
. O present Nigerian leaders, when will the same testimony be given about you!
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by jawjaw1: 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2011
Does anyone know if she finally did write her memoirs?
I will love to read it. It would certainly be revealing.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by Akintola11(m): 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2011
I dont know what good such interviews will do, We all know his last wife is the one with all the benefits, if it for the sake of telling a good story than fair enough,

This week in Nigeria(Oil Subsidy Beneficiaries Revealed) is out again, This website is one i stand by!!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-oil-subsidy-beneficiaries-revealed

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-oil-subsidy-beneficiaries-revealed

Ps does Bianca deserve ambassadorial post
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by Oluchi007(f): 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
Interesting interview. The Biafran war is such a seminal event in Nigeria's history yet there are very few personal accounts on it. Personally I'd like to see a compilation of memoirs from a diverse range of individuals caught up in the war. It would be sooooo good.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by ngusvi: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
The Nigerian US Virgin Islands Reunion Festival Invites all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria to our Annual Nigerian Reunion Festival 2012 .

This festival will take place on May 25th- 28th on the Beautiful US Islands of ST Thomas.
More details here @ www.nigerianusvifestival.com

See yall soon.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by Oluchi007(f): 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2011
Love, I think your announcement has been noted, it's beginning to look like spam.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by andyanders: 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2011
@alj_harem

You are a complete compound foo--l
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by Kc3000: 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2011
Why people respond to the f.o.ol called harem is beyond me. . . . do humanity a favor and ignore the r.e.t.a.r.d.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by aljharem3: 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2011
andyanders:

@alj_harem

You are a complete compound foo--l

stop being dumb and answer the question.

Why would a National figure such as her be pointing the ethnic group of the interviewer. Did the interviewer tell her she is yoruba or whatever ?

Or you too just want to be silly as the lady. Look here, I take no prisoner and I am not a conformist. I tackle the issue at hand without any stu.pid emotional tribalsitic sentiment such as the woman had.

How do you tell your interviewer, that you yoruba. It shows the mind set of the so called people we hold to high esteem.

Can that be done to her without her screaming that "I though they said we were Nigerian" ?

The only right she had to call her in such terms is when in the interview, the interviewer presented herself as a Representative of the ethnic group, In this case yoruba.

You and your likes better start using your brains.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by agabaI23(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
@Odunnu fb
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
I concur with ald_hareem, though he shouldn't have called her "silly", The interview was great even though it presented some mistakes on Mrs Ojukwu's part.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by gabbytabby: 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2011
alj_harem:

stop being dumb and answer the question.

Why would a National figure such as her be pointing the ethnic group of the interviewer. Did the interviewer tell her she is yoruba or whatever ?

Or you too just want to be silly as the lady. Look here, I take no prisoner and I am not a conformist. I tackle the issue at hand without any stu.pid emotional tribalsitic sentiment such as the woman had.

How do you tell your interviewer, that you yoruba. It shows the mind set of the so called people we hold to high esteem.

Can that be done to her without her screaming that "I though they said we were Nigerian" ?

The only right she had to call her in such terms is when in the interview, the interviewer presented herself as a Representative of the ethnic group, In this case yoruba.

You and your likes better start using your brains.
Aljharem or whatever you call yourself (I am responding to all your text on this topic together) its good that you are a non-conformist but better than that you have shown a total lack of decorum and no home training so ride on. I dont know why the insult. Its possible to make your point without the need to be so totally rude. I bet that is how you talk to your Granma stupid boy no matter how old you are cos that iswhat your utterances deserve.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by aljharem3: 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
ekwah:

I concur with ald_hareem, though he shouldn't have called her "silly", The interview was great even though it presented some mistakes on Mrs Ojukwu's part.

Yes maybe the silly part was a bit too harsh, but it came as a shock to me as well reading it. Each time I look at that generation of leaders from Gowon, etc It saddens me the level of distrust they have and still passing down to the younger generation.

People who are meant to be leaders, role model, that children and teens look up to. Are the ones pointing out our differences.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by aljharem3: 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2011
gabbytabby:

Aljharem or whatever you call yourself (I am responding to all your text on this topic together) its good that you are a non-conformist but better than that you have shown a total lack of decorum and no home training so ride on. I dont know why the insult. Its possible to make you point without the need to be so totally rude. I bet that is how you talk with your Granma.

Please give it a rest.

Was she not rude by addressing the ethnic group in that context ? Knowing the history

Abeg, grandma or not, they all have lived there lifes and they are part of the people that destroyed Nigeria to even to the stage we are today and they are still doing it be the woman's statement.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by gabbytabby: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2011
alj_harem:

Please give it a rest.

Was she not rude by addressing the ethnic group in that context ? Knowing the history

Abeg, grandma or not, they all have lived there lifes and they are part of the people that destroyed Nigeria to even to the stage we are today and they are still doing it be the woman's statement.

Your partial apology is accepted. I am Yoruba, I digested what she had to say in the context of her generation, empathised with her since i am not in her shoes about certain issues. I dont have to agree with her on all that she has said but, it is an interview and it required a response on how she sees things. If I strongly disagreed with her I will make my point, WITH RESPECT. From one non conformist to another.

1 Like

Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by aljharem3: 9:02pm On Dec 06, 2011
gabbytabby:

Your partial apology is accepted. I am Yoruba, I digested what she had to say in the context of her generation, empathised with her since i am not in her shoes about certain issues. I dont have to agree with her on all that she has said but, it is an interview and it required a response on how she sees things. If I strongly disagreed with her I will make my point, WITH RESPECT. From one non conformist to another.

Right, i have taken note on how rude it was and and I apologise.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
Stuupid woman making stuupid comments.No wonder oju-iku abandoned her for banca.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by isalegan2: 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2011
jaw jaw:

Does anyone know if she finally did write her memoirs?
I will love to read it. It would certainly be revealing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/world/africa/odumegwu-ojukwu-leader-of-breakaway-republic-of-biafra-dies-at-78.html?scp=1&sq=ojukwu&st=cse

(Ojukwu) had three wives. His first, Njideka, a law student he met at Oxford and wed in 1962, died in 2010. His second, Stella Onyeador, died in 2009. He married Bianca Odinaka Onoh, a former beauty queen and businesswoman 34 years his junior, in 1994. Returning to Nigeria in 1956, he rejected his father’s business overtures, worked on development in remote villages, and in 1957 joined the army. He called himself an amateur soldier, but rose rapidly in the ranks after Nigeria gained independence in 1960. In 1966, he became military governor of the Ibo region, and declared Biafran independence after repression enveloped his people.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by agabaI23(m): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2011
mine too. I will let down my guard when you are on
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by deadie(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stuupid woman making stuupid comments.No wonder oju-iku abandoned her for banca.

MUMU
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by EkoIle1: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
And she still got dumped for a gold digger,

Disgusting interview anyways,

SMH
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by ak47mann(m): 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

And she still got dumped for a gold digger,

Disgusting interview anyways,

SMH
mumu how is she a gold digger? talking abt Bianca her dad was former governor of enugu state chief ono.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by EkoIle1: 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
ak47mann:

mumu how is she a gold digger? talking abt Bianca her dad was former governor of enugu state chief ono.

You mean she's not a gold digger because her father the former governor was very rich? How rich and how much den dey pay civil servants?
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by ak47mann(m): 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

You mean she's not a gold digger because her father the former governor was very rich? How rich and how much den dey pay civil servants?
those days their was nothing like accountability,governors those days nobody ask them to account what they did with their state treasury.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:19pm On Dec 06, 2011
It was after my divorce from Dr. Brodi-Mends, a Ghanaian and the father of my first child, Iruaku

I thought only Yoruba women get divorced?

I do not hold Emeka responsible. I think there was pressure on him to have another wife and he was resisting

I thought only Yorubasand Hausas believed in bigamy?

So odd tongue
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:21pm On Dec 06, 2011
The unfortunate part of it all was that I kept marrying single sons.

she's right, single sons are horrible esp the ones that are idiots when it comes to standing up to their family

If there was a crime you could hold against him, it would be that he loved women. Ordinarily that is a thing one should be able to put up with, but it is not that simple when you are in love with a man. In any case when you love a man, there are so many things you don’t ever do.
He, I must say, is unlike most Nigerian men. His likes are not common. In maintaining the family, he was much like my dad. He does not interfere with what happens in the kitchen. He has a long of good points.

Why did he feel the need to persue her so hard if he couldnt keep it in  his pants? sad.

Only in Naijaland is "not interfering in the kitchen" a "good thing"

And you people (Yoruba) let us down because we wanted southern solidarity. Have you not heard of that?

If you people didnt try to be clever during the coupe, then things would have been different.
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by OneNaira6: 12:10am On Dec 07, 2011
What a brilliant woman. The replies was so well put

R.I.P. Mama ojukwu
Re: My Life With Ojukwu - Njideka Odumegwu-ojukwu (Ojukwu's First Wife) by dempeople(m): 1:14am On Dec 07, 2011
Nice interview.

Some of the principles she portrayed in this interview are worthy of praise. A woman who isn't given to revealing much despite pressure to do so - ability to withhold information as long as necessary by choice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chadian Soldiers Patrol Gambaru After Recapturing It From Boko Haram (Photo) / I Want To Appear In Court But I’m Afraid Of Arrest — Yahaya Bello / President-elect Tinubu Visits Lagos, Promises Not To Disappoint Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.