Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria (14064 Views)

Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / Nigerian Politicians Line Up For Ban Ki-Moon's Handshake (Photo) / Obasanjo, Atiku Are Finished Politically – Jubril Aminu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by executinal(m): 10:21am On Dec 07, 2011
Some in the audience at the just concluded Northern Peace Conference were stunned when a former minister of Petroleum and former education minister, ex-Senator Jubril Aminu called for the banning of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).alt

Read More

Jubril Aminu claimed that of CAN was not proscribed, Muslims would be forced to form the Muslim Association of Nigeria. However, what many asked after Mr. Aminu made the comment is what he wants done to the Nigerian Supreme Council on Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) or the Sucpreme Council on Sharia in Nigeria.

It was shocking to hear ex-Senator Aminu, a former Nigerian ambassador to the United States make such a claim especially as the Central Bank of Nigeria is currently in the process of promoting Islamic Banking as an alternative form of banking.

Many at the event are puzzled at the reason why a man, supposedly a statesman would target a particular religion and ask that they be denied their freedom of association rights as guaranteed in the Nigerian constitution at a onference convened to deliberate on pace.

It would be recalled that durng his time as Babangida's minister of education, the same Professor Jubril Aminu introduced the controversial policy of designing Nigerian school uniforms to be compliant to Islamic tradition, a policy that was stoutly resisted by the Christian community.

Reacting to Aminu's calls, a Christian Pastor who has acheived national renown in other fields asked "since Aminu has been born till now, can he tell me how many times he has heard that Christians attacked a church, or that Christians attacked a religious organization. Even Aminu himself know the people who formet violence in the name of religion in Nigeria. As Christ said in Mattew 7:16, by their fruits you shall know them"

But perhaps speaking in a veiled way to people like Aminu who leave the issue of what was to be discussed to attack Christians, the Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Bishop Mattew Hassan Kukah accused Northern leaders of hypocrisy, a sentiment earlier re-echoed by the Chairman of the event, former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon.

Said Kukah;

"Today, 99 per cent of our discussions are on Sardauna and about Sardauna; but we are being hypocritical. We are seriously looking at almajirai (beggars) in the North, while the Southern states are far developing their educational system to the extent that, the number in one of their states is more than all the ones in one of our zones."

In the same vein, the Chairman of the Arewa Youth Forum, Alhaji Gambo Gujungu, at the event lambasted Northern leaders and accused them of holding a jamboree which would not change anything. Said he;

“From what we have seen and followed, there is nothing new that guarantees significant future, for the downtrodden Northern masses, be they Muslims or Christians, Hausa, Fulani, Bajju, Berom, Angas, Igala or Egbira in this conference.

“It is based on the foregoing that we make the following observations:

“The Peace Conference is nothing but waste of time and a jamboree and talk show, and also another unique opportunity for elite re-union aimed at renewing political lineages.

“Nothing more than that. There is nothing new and convincing that heralds a new dawn in the North. What is there that we have never heard? What did the main actors say that they have not been saying in the past decades?

“How many Peace Conferences did Sir Ahmadu Bello organise to bring about unity and development in the North?

“Even the South that is ahead of the North today; how many such gatherings have they organised to have a lead ahead of the North?

“In short the so called conference was purely politically motivated and not a genuine commitment as demonstrated there.

“It has nothing to do with the masses but just dancing with their lyrics but not the rhyme, as contained in the hymn book.

“What impact does the August meeting have on the lives of aggrieved Northerners in Maiduguri, Kano, Bauchi, Damaturu, or Southern Kaduna? What impact does it have on the Almajiri children in the streets?

“ACF should note that peace is priceless, and not cosmetic; rather it can only be achieved with sincere and honest leadership which we cannot vouch for in the North now.

“Our sympathy rather goes to few sincere individuals who actively engaged in the talk show but the reality is that the issue of forgiveness and reconciliation go beyond rhetoric or at a tea or coffee party. In fact the debate arising from one of the technical sessions confirmed our argument, for we witnessed how insincerity and sentiment dominated and beclouded the issue of the supposed Road Map to peace. As far as we are concerned, it is a jamboree and waste of public funds that would have been channelled to the ailing but crucial sectors in the North.

“We are conscious of how the New Nigerian Newspapers, Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, along with other legacies of the late Sir Ahmadu Bello are in ruins today, except that the leaders are beautifying them with lies and insincerity.

“Till this very moment, Christians and Muslims in the North are still killing one another, because of religious manipulation of same elite. What have they done by directly concentrating their efforts in recociling feuding communities, and appealing to them to sheath the swords, they, the elite supplied them through preaching hatred, acrimony and false religiosity?”
Source http://www.naijapundit.com/news/ban-christian-association-of-nigeria-say-jubril-aminu

Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by executinal(m): 10:26am On Dec 07, 2011
I am horrified to hear someone who has the status and profile like jibril aminu say such a thing. It only confirms what many of us fear that northern leaders have no plans or vision or desire to move the north and Nigeria forward. They only want to use ethnicity and religion to continue to impoverish and subjugate their ppl. And those that try to break from this system and make their ppl better, they attack such ppl and try to make them fail.
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:41am On Dec 07, 2011
The animal in man has started to be revealed in the person of Jubril Aminu.
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Lasinoh: 10:51am On Dec 07, 2011
Supported! cool
What a bloody nuisance.
They phockin' bigots who go around phocking bi-holarly, even where their Jesus never phocked one day in his self-wa-nkin' life of a sacrificial life of a self! kiss

Agidigba Jehovah!!!!!! cool
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by executinal(m): 10:57am On Dec 07, 2011
Lasinoh:

Supported! cool
What a bloody nuisance.
They phockin' bigots who go around phocking bi-holarly, even where their Jesus never phocked one day in his self-wa-nkin' life of a sacrificial life of a self! kiss
And here comes another cretin vomiting rubbish inline with his shallow brain brother Alamajiri aminu angry
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Lasinoh: 11:01am On Dec 07, 2011
Sharma
Sharma
Jevoha Sharma
I give you glory. . . cool
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by phantom(m): 11:08am On Dec 07, 2011
@lasinoh, clap for yourself, na because of people like you wey i been wan slaughter my suyaman yesterday night
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by PointB: 11:22am On Dec 07, 2011
Such statement portrays CAN as the trouble maker, and does very little to solve any problem. If anything, it will encourage more attacks on Churches and other places of worship of the 'infidels' (as Christians are known).

Aminu Jibril, by his unfortunate utterances, has turn a call for peace, to a war cry.

This is very worrying!
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 11:22am On Dec 07, 2011
Tomorrow now somebody like this will become the vice president or even president. people have said very horrible things in this country but we always seem to forget in a hurry.
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by idupaul: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2011
finding a sensible muslim is a tall order
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by nku5: 11:32am On Dec 07, 2011
@ lasinoh - the demons at work on u need to be purged fast before its too late
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Lasinoh: 11:33am On Dec 07, 2011
executinal:

And here comes another cretin vomiting rubbish inline with his shallow brain brother Alamajiri aminu angry

Good riddance to y'awl darling. Can't wait to smell all ya arzzzzes up in smoke. . . AMAGEDDON style. Just the way ya good lord promised.

phantom:

@lasinoh, clap for yourself, na because of people like you wey i been wan slaughter my suyaman yesterday night

Please, go ahead. Your lord will reward you. I 'ope you like Okoro-Yoruba 'suyamen' huh? Will GLADLY cook ya their 'ZESTFULLY-CLEAN' grannies azzzez'. Yummy!
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Lasinoh: 11:37am On Dec 07, 2011
nku5:

@ lasinoh - the demons at work on u need to be purged fast before its too late

*ambidextrous 4ku in progress do not disturb please*
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by komekn(m): 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
Not surprised in the least; By their fruits we shall know them
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Bisijohn: 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2011
This suggest one thing, that the man is purely insane.Perhaps, may be due to old age is affecting him!
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by kokoA(m): 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
The man id senile. No need to comment on what he says these days, old age make some people reason like children.

Imagine, one of the few northerners I used to hold in high esteem o vomiting this rubbish, Professor! You have lost my respect from this moment, leaving me with Alhaji  Yusuf Maitama-Sule and Lamido Sanusi as the only northerners I respect.
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by nku5: 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
@lasinoh - the saving grace ppl like u have is that you are hidden from ppl like me via the internet. Say that sort of thing about God where I dey face to face and I'll put you in the hospital
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
why i'm i not surprised? is it chance that every season one of the many servants of the northern oligarchy must flare up to remind others not to trangress on the 'birth right'?
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by owenueme: 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2011
rubblish,
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Ejine(m): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
Any source to this story, please?
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by executinal(m): 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2011
Ejiné:

Any source to this story, please?
Find the source here http://www.naijapundit.com/news/ban-christian-association-of-nigeria-say-jubril-aminu
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by DadLolade(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2011
Mark my WORDs!
THIS JIBRIL AMINU IS A BH MEMBER.  angry angry angry
And no just a member, HE IS ACTIVELY INVOLVED, ONE OF THE SPONSORs

He needs to be watch 24/7 365 (100% Surveillance)

He is a security treat himself. embarassed
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Skii(m): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
executinal:

“Till this very moment, Christians and Muslims in the North are still killing one another, because of religious manipulation of same elite. What have they done by directly concentrating their efforts in recociling feuding communities, and appealing to them to sheath the swords, they, the elite supplied them through preaching hatred, acrimony and false religiosity?”
Source http://www.naijapundit.com/news/ban-christian-association-of-nigeria-say-jubril-aminu

Point of correction

Muslims are killing Christians in the North
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by ibide(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2011
Pls tell this muslem people to live us alone . We are far ahead of them already let them line up before us cause we don blow
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by namfav(m): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2011
shut up you parrot

ibide:

Pls tell this muslem people to live us alone . We are far ahead of them already let them line up before us cause we don blow
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by namfav(m): 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2011
you are talking about us not being peaceful, but remember when someone said that words cause wars, your words are the most venomous, most ignorant, peace of rubbish that causes disharmony, just like c.a.n

noblezone:

I am suprsied that some is suprised at this man's thoughtfulness. This man has done nothing but to show us the true colours of his religion. Islam is not a peaceful religion. The founder was not peaceful. Usman Dan Fodio was not peaceful.

All we are saying, let us have a confab and negotiate Nigeria, else the next war will not be Igbo verses the rest. It may not last 3 years, but it will be more bloody.

The Jihardists are not sleeping: be vigilant, be alertn and be wise.
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by dustydee: 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
Perhaps he had nothing to say. But that's not an excuse cos he could have shut up.
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2011
Lasinoh:

*ambidextrous 4ku in progress do not disturb please*

You are in garland now? I am coming to Mesquite today WHere should we meet?
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Dec 07, 2011
If someone like Ayo Oritsejafor can be the president of an organisation then it deserves to be banned
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by Lasinoh: 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
nku5:

@lasinoh - the saving grace ppl like u have is that you are hidden from ppl like me via the internet. Say that sort of thing about God where I dey face to face and I'll put you in the hospital

Haba naaaah?
Is your peh-nis that huge? grin
Even if you be 10-Man Abia Akpu-eating rapis-t squad, with three-headed blokoses fa!
You can't fit to chook me! kiss
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

dayokanu:

You are in garland now? I am coming to Mesquite today WHere should we meet?

So that una 'Ashawo Gambia' nor dey ever ban you for derailing threads huh? wink
Meet ke? After over 5 years on the www. . . meeting ANY useless cyber goon/riff-raff, including you. . . . is not option darling. kiss

I never mix my cyber world with my real world dear.
Abi doze ya wor-wor, Mgbeke cyber 'First Ladies' only give ya 'spiritual poohsies' abi? cheesy
Kpele o! Next time change religion.
Cold don dey catch you for Mckinney. . . now you go understand say God nor dey for h-inside 'blanket' for winter time.

Mu he he he he he
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by icez: 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
Muslims are violent peeps.

They are always out to shed blood. Why? angry
Re: Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria by icez: 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
dayokanu:

If someone like Ayo Oritsejafor can be the president of an organisation then it deserves to be banned

shut up. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zakari’s Appointment: Jalo Dissociates PDP From Metuh's Comments / Lawyers Say CCT, Ex-parte Order May Be Fraudulent / Buhari To Deliver Farewell Address To The Nation On Sunday, May 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.