Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

What Not To Do After A First Date - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Not To Do After A First Date (13006 Views)

Can U Have Sex On First Date? / She Had Sex In A First Date. / Must You Eat Or Drink On A First Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by vislabraye(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2011
It sounds so ridiculous and childish but painful. He should get him self together and be meaner next time.
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2011
dayokanu:

I trained him well

Thank you, Jedi Master!  grin
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by Indexjobs: 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2011
Oh! wat an epistle of a letter! lol
D guy z so hurt, embarrassed, confused, puzzled, burnt, love-struck, angry, more&more&more
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by NET1(m): 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2011
I'll advise this guy to forget about this woman, move on and get himself another bootylicious, younger chic. If a woman gives me a cold shoulder after the first date, I'll NOT stop (even for a minute), to ask her for another date.

It's obvious: SHE DOESNT LIKE YOU. Other better chics dey Lagos.

.NET

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by elampiro(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
Jidsoon, if a woman should observe your list of how to behave on a new relationship, then that woman will be fake. I pity the man that would be relating with such a principled woman.
I beg let it flow naturally and originally.
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by elampiro(m): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2011
I meant in a new relationship.
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by PapaBrowne(m): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2011
First, he probably has a slightly distorted thought pattern!!He does have an interesting mind! But many people do, so thats not exactly a biggie!

However, Dude needs closure! She should just help him out maybe send an email with a simple reason as to why she cannot go on another date!! That guy might just commit suicide!!

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by elampiro(m): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2011
NET, it is not that easy when it sounds like to the man the girl is the only woman in the world. Even if you give him miss world he will still chase this woman first. Leave am, he go tire with time and even begin see say she no fine reach.
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by IbroSaunks(m): 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2011
the dude sounded like a broken shattered puppy, but we all sound like that at one time or the other don't we, kept repeating stuff over and over, pathetic really,
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
^^^he's not a psycho. He's just puzzled. Even if he kept repeating stuff over and again, it was still meant to be a personal letter. The least the lady could have done was return his call or send him an SMS, freeing him up to move on. Guess he just wants some kind of closure. There's nothing terribly wrong in that.

He's a psycho. No one needs "closure" after one date

The only time such a stupid letter would be warranted is if you've been with the person for several month/years.

The girl was smart to avoid him.

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2011
As for guys whining about double standard

Only a shameless woman with low self esteem would go loco over some dude that didnt get back after one date

sure it's hurtful but to track him down and demanding explanation with some epistle? It's not that serious.

after you get the answer, what happens after? abeg. I wouldnt even befriend a girl like that mysef, cnt ruin my reputation by having friends that go psycho over a dude.

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by Oluschenco(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2011
The guy i assume needs to visit psychiatric hospitals b4 things get out of hand.
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by IbroSaunks(m): 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2011
I kinda feel sorry for the guy,
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by purpose100(f): 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
To serve Nigeria is not by force grin

Is it by force to date or to continue dating? All these Oyinbo people sha undecided
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by saska1122: 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
Hmmmm!!! Ladies, its easier to bash d guy, but how about putting urself in his shoes?

In March this year, I had a similar treatment though not on a 1st date. 1st date was attending musical performance together.
2nd date was a diner at a friend's place. 3rd date was a diner where she brought d younger sister. We talked and laughed
freely. Whenever we part, she will be d 1st to call to find out if I'm home or to tell me she is home. She returns my call any minute
she gets home.
After the 3rd date, things changed. She no more returned calls. Whenever I went to where she worked and steal brief time to ask her when next to meet,
she claims being busy with classes. I allowed this Spring(May) when she was not taking any classes. she still avoid me up to the point of telling the sister to tell me on phone
that she was not home.
It was painful. I nearly went mental as I thought that was d last bus stop

But I let go. 2 months later i traveled home. On coming back she was making a hell of noise "I thought we were friends?", "Y did U travel without telling me?"
My response? "You were too busy for me". When she later discovered that I'm am aged and planing for my wedding, she freaked out and started calling me names
before here friends. Whenever i see her now, I call her "My wife that never be"
Summary: She was damn interested, but was playing hard to get, or doing permutation/combination mathematics.

Just 2 lines text message would help this guy. Any one can go "psycho" for love sake.
Do unto others what U wish done unto U.

3 Likes

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2011
If you can fall in "love" after first date then you have mental issues.

and everyone has the fake story of the women that acted like she didnt wnat him then when she moved on she "freaked out"

abeg story

It so hard for people to believe that the other isnt into them that they have to make up story where the other looks silly

I know Nigerians dont know the meaning of going on dates that's why they are all crying here.

Dates are for finding out whether the person is worth being in a relationship. Simple

Maybe she learned things she didnt like and didnt want to prolong it. Na y force

Whenever i see her now, I call her "My wife that never be"

she was smart with ignoring you. Juvenile.
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by saska1122: 12:22am On Dec 09, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

From the way it pains U, I can only conclude U are one of the overgrown sissies in America seeing everything wrong in a guy being himself, or getting his heart desire.
U better go back home a find a guy to bribe into marriage since U can't comment on a blog like this without being rude.

Ur route is still far!!

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by chika98: 12:50am On Dec 09, 2011
LOL Sagamite is sounding rather bitter. Yes I do understand where you're coming from but the delivery is very "staunch/rigid"

Surely EVERY woman on earth isn't that way? Funny stuff though

PapaBrowne:

First, he probably has a slightly distorted thought pattern!!He does have an interesting mind! But many people do, so thats not exactly a biggie!

However, Dude needs closure! She should just help him out maybe send an email with a simple reason as to why she cannot go on another date!! That guy might just commit suicide!!

How many women are being dumped everyday without closure? Life is that way and if dude ain't checking for you moan about it for a bit
and then move on!

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by Sagamite(m): 12:52am On Dec 09, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

If you can fall in "love" after first date then you have mental issues.

and everyone has the fake story of the women that acted like she didnt wnat him then when she moved on she "freaked out"

abeg story

It so hard for people to believe that the other isnt into them that they have to make up story where the other looks silly

I know Nigerians dont know the meaning of going on dates that's why they are all crying here.

Dates are for finding out whether the person is worth being in a relationship. Simple

Maybe she learned things she didnt like and didnt want to prolong it. Na y force

So what will you say if a woman sees a guy at a party, they chat casually.

She likes him and tells friends that know him to let him know and hook them up.

He is told and collects her number.

Calls her about 3 times during which they had a good chat.

He asks her out on a date.

They had a good, fun date.

After the date he does not pick up her calls or responds to her texts. He just goes incommunicado.

What will you say about him?
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by Sagamite(m): 1:05am On Dec 09, 2011
chika98:

LOL Sagamite is sounding rather bitter. Yes I do understand where you're coming from but the delivery is very "staunch/rigid"

Surely EVERY woman on earth isn't that way? Funny stuff though

I never said every women, I used "most".

chika98:

How many women are being dumped everyday without closure? Life is that way and if dude ain't checking for you moan about it for a bit
and then move on!

It will be a girl like this girl that put his letter on the internet, who is already in her 30s, that would be complaining in a very few years when some guys are not interested in her short-gun marriage when she is asking after 4 months "where is this heading?" and they don't answer. Then you will see most women supporting her saying "he is wasting her time", when all he wants is to date longer and know someone before commiting for life or even not.

2 Likes

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by chika98: 1:14am On Dec 09, 2011
Sagamite:

I never said every women, I used "most".

It will be a girl like this girl that put his letter on the internet, who is already in her 30s, that would be complaining in a very few years when some guys are not interested in her short-gun married when she is asking after 4 months "where is this heading?" and they don't answer. Then you will see most women supporting her saying "he is wasting her time", when all he wants is to date longer and know someone before commiting for life or even not.

To answer your previous question about if the dude stopped calling; I personally will chuck it up to him not really checking for me like that.
He simply isn't that much into me so him not calling after the nice chat(s) and dinner. No hard feelings at all. That is what comes with dating and likes

I believe that timing makes the big difference between the love of your life and someone who's just a boyfriend/girlfriend.
If and when the timing is right; things come together. You'll see in them whatever it is you're looking for. Technically you find what you
want when you know exactly what it is. If your mindset is still at shag all the women I can then when the right girl comes around; you won't really see it.

Then this could happen; you've dated and dated probably given up because you keep meeting "most" women. Then you meet a different kinda girl
Everything about her exudes what you're looking for in a woman and she embodies much more. . . trust me you'll be singing a different tune
People who get married don't usually date for too long. It is a cliche but like they say when you've got the right one; you somehow know

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:19am On Dec 09, 2011
Sagamite:

So what will you say if a woman sees a guy at a party, they chat casually.

She likes him and tells friends that know him to let him know and hook them up.

He is told and collects her number.

Calls her about 3 times during which they had a good chat.

He asks her out on a date.
They had a good, fun date.

After the date he does not pick up her calls or responds to her texts. He just goes incommunicado.

What will you say about him?

My friend, abeg. Im not simple. You are trying to paint me as a hypocrite. wont work

I will say that they didnt have a ''good fun date" afterall

Obviously he wasnt feeling her despite this delusion of "fun"

Time to move on.

How hard is it to go by actions?

People can say whatever the hell they want "this was fun, blah blah blah i like you. lets do this again"

If he or she doesnt try to make it go further with action than the "spark/fun" isnt reciprocal

why would ANYONE want to be in a relationship where the feelings arent reciprocal? This is where the person moves on and hopefully gets with someone where their feelings for each other are MUTUAL.
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:22am On Dec 09, 2011
saska or whatever the hell you call yourself. You still poved my point. You are juvenile.

The fact that after all that time you still feel the need to tell this girl that she "lost" proves that she affected you. else when you see her you wouldnt bother mking immature remarks. you'd say Hi/Goodye like a mature person and go on with you life

What a joke.
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by Sagamite(m): 1:23am On Dec 09, 2011
chika98:

To answer your previous question about if the dude stopped calling; I personally will chuck it up to him not really checking for me like that.
He simply isn't that much into me so him not calling after the nice chat(s) and dinner. No hard feelings at all. That is what comes with dating and likes

I believe that timing makes the big difference between the love of your life and someone who's just a boyfriend/girlfriend.
If and when the timing is right; things come together. You'll see in them whatever it is you're looking for. Technically you find what you
want when you know exactly what it is. If your mindset is still at sleep with all the women I can then when the right girl comes around; you won't really see it.

Then this could happen; you've dated and dated probably given up because you keep meeting "most" women. Then you meet a different kinda girl
Everything about her exudes what you're looking for in a woman and she embodies much more. . . trust me you'll be singing a different tune
People who get married don't usually date for too long. It is a cliche but like they say when you've got the right one; you somehow know

I agree with you.

And I am pretty sure that is how 'you' will respond.

But I am not sure how most women will respond. That is when you will start hearing them scream some rules of "etiquette" that he did not follow and whining about what a "real man" will do differently. That is the same women that are ridiculing this guy.

Don't even let us go to what they will say if he not only blanks her after romanticing her but also posts her emotional letter to him on the web to ridicule her.

I told you about women.  grin

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:25am On Dec 09, 2011
and then move on!

abi o?

writing sermon after one date. what would he have written after one year? Psycho. Na people like him kill their gfs and then themselves so "no one else will ever have her"
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by Sagamite(m): 1:26am On Dec 09, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

My friend, abeg. Im not simple. You are trying to paint me as a hypocrite. wont work

I will say that they didnt have a ''good fun date" afterall

Obviously he wasnt feeling her despite this delusion of "fun"

Time to move on.

How hard is it to go by actions?

People can say whatever the hell they want "this was fun, blah blah blah i like you. lets do this again"

If he or she doesnt try to make it go further with action than the "spark/fun" isnt reciprocal

why would ANYONE want to be in a relationship where the feelings arent reciprocal? This is where the person moves on and hopefully gets with someone where their feelings for each other are MUTUAL.

Liar!

You will say he should have picked her call  or sent a text to say he is not interested.  grin

If we now go to him posting her letter, I am sure there will be one male found dead in NY city by unknown assailant when you go out and kill any man you see during your rage. grin
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:32am On Dec 09, 2011
You are obviously drunk on CHEAP palmwine! angry

send text saying he's not interested? What kind of insult is that?

LOL I dont know anymore who would rather get such a text over simple avoidance.

better tell Dayo to refund your money. yeye teacher. what does he himelf know
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by chika98: 1:34am On Dec 09, 2011
Sagamite:

I agree with you.

And I am pretty sure that is how 'you' will respond.

But I am not sure how most women will respond. That is when you will start hearing them scream some rules of "etiquette" that he did not follow and whining about what a "real man" will do differently. That is the same women that are ridiculing this guy.

Don't even let us go to what they will say if he not only blanks her after romanticing her but also posts her emotional letter to him on the web to ridicule her.

I told you about women.  grin

Ha haaaa your personal vendetta against women cracks me up. Tomorrow now you go marry one. ( if you aren't married already)

I think the name calling stems from the human instinct we all have. We all think we're just great unique and all that since a slice of agege bread.
Are we really? nah! Even the fake Nicki Minaj barbie wanna be thinks she's "unique" and "different" so does the next "cheating" "pompous" guy out there
Finding the right fit is where the hard work lies because amongst all the "greats" there's just one who will make you wanna do and be better.
They ain't "most" though and never be among the 99% of the "most" out there.

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:36am On Dec 09, 2011
^ He's a homo-seckual  smiley
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by chika98: 1:39am On Dec 09, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

LOL! You said it
Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by Sagamite(m): 1:40am On Dec 09, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Kai, see punching bag o!

Awoof! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Not To Do After A First Date by MarcAnthon(m): 2:08am On Dec 09, 2011
He's a psycho.

People just say these words loosely. I don't think you know who a psycho is. Do you honestly believe this guy doesn't know where she lives or how to see her, with the way personal info is all over the net, esp when u know someone's full names? That is if he didn't already get that info from her. Can I put it to you that she'd be dead by now if he were a 'psycho'?
No one needs "closure" after one date. The only time such a silly letter would be warranted is if you've been with the person for several month/years.
That wasn't the point, olodo. What he needed closure for was a response for all his attempts to reach her and know why she wouldn't see him again. People are built differently. Someone else wouldn't bother, and move on after one or two attempts, but peeps like this guy mull over issues a bit too much and want to find 'answers' for everything. It doesn't make them bad, just odd, I suppose.
The girl was smart to avoid him.
Indeed. I guess she's feeling like a star now with girls like u propping her up. But what goes around comes around. A simple text message at the beginning and the guy would have been on his way. How immaturity is viewed as smart beats me, an old douche bag for that matter.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr. Nairaland Contest 2015 Interview Sessions (DAY 3) / Kalabari Women And Yoruba Women Which One Get Yanches Pass?? / Photos: Curvy Nigerian Lady Goes Stark N*ked To Encourage And Inspire Fat Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.