Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,037 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

Almajiri School In Ebonyi State? Elechi Has No Intention To Islamize Ebonyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almajiri School In Ebonyi State? Elechi Has No Intention To Islamize Ebonyi (5477 Views)

Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected / Jonathan Has No Intention To Probe Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Almajiri School In Ebonyi State? Elechi Has No Intention To Islamize Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
Onlytruth:
Okay, I wanted to know whether folks are thinking the same thing.
What struck me was the "Almajiri" appellation to this school. Why not just set up a school ( a western styled school I must add) for every poor person there? Why "Almajiri Islamic school" in Igboland? Chineke ekwela ihe ojoo! shocked shocked shocked

In Kano state for instance, I know (from experience ) that it is a tug of war to obtain a C of O for a church.
Now, imagine applying for a Christian seminary, talk less of obtaining sponsorship from the state government. IMPOSSIBLE.

So, my brothers, you see why it is dangerous for us to be careless about our political leanings, and joining just ANY political party? I doubt that an APGA governor would do this, but let me not talk yet.
You see why it is important for us to speak with one voice on key things?
You see why it is hard to be complacent in Nigeria? If you think this is a careless gambit by aboki, think again!
You think this is harmless? Fast forward to 10 years time and you would see the fruits!
As we speak, Fulani herdsmen (Almajiri of course) are torching homes and killing people in Benue, just a few kilometers up north.

I am not against freedom of religion. I am against Almajiri Islamic school in any part of Igboland. PERIOD. cool
If a Muslim Igbo becomes poor, Igbo culture forbids carrying plates and begging for alms. They should go and learn a trade or complete an apprenticeship.
If the Muslim is non-Igbo, we must not allow them to form almajiri brotherhood in our land. They should go back home.
Martin Elechi should cease and desist from his ill advised "charity".

Ndigbo should keep a very close eye to our northern borders. cool

There are more churches in Kano than Juma'ar mosques, so u are trying to mislead people here.

The Hausa word Almajiri is derived from the Arabic word, "المُهَاجِرْ" "al-Muhajirun," which refers to a person who migrated his home in search of Islamic knowledge or commonly means "Student". North started this system of Education in Nigeria since whites never knew the route to Nigeria and when ur people were completely illiterates. Those Muslims have right to their religious knowledge just like how ur people staying in the North have!
Re: Almajiri School In Ebonyi State? Elechi Has No Intention To Islamize Ebonyi by achi4u(m): 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
This thread don't reach like 8years when the Op created it.

Onlytruth u still dey?
Re: Almajiri School In Ebonyi State? Elechi Has No Intention To Islamize Ebonyi by omoharry(f): 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
nduchucks:
I think you racists, tribalists, and bigots need to get used to the fact that the FG alone is committed to building 400 Almajiri schools across the country. Additionally, more $100 million has been committed to these schools by the Islamic bank, a financial commitment which should result to even more schools.

The innocent Nigerians, the Almajiris who are some of the most marginalized and victimized Nigerians are finally getting some help. It is unfortunate that many of you would prefer that they remain uneducated while living in your state, instead of them going to Almajiri schools which will be built where they live. These kids are Nigerians and they can live and go to school anywhere they choose.

I hope many more schools are built in every state to cater to these God's own children.
You are a very funny person..How many of your children attend almajiri school? How many politicians put thier children in Almajiri schools? You are shouting of marginalization..Are you for real or your are just trying to get peoples attention ?You are your kind are the once marginalizing these children..They did not come to the world attend a different school that will limit their knowledge to information and how to solve problems.
Who is the people enabling this Almajiri system? is it not this same politicians and your kind ? you use this poor people to win election, then abandon they after using them? when they grow up , they are encourage to give birth to many children that they cannot care for.This is to populate the region.

How many Almajiri system is being practice in Saudi Arabia? You deprive these children from proper education and use their lives to play politics of numbers then you open your big mouth to say they are being marginalized..By whom na? Definitely your kind and our wicked northern politicians by hiding under religion.

God will punish you and your co-supporters of this almajiri school in the south. This is where children are brainwashed and trained to be fanatics and extremist.Go and practice ur Almajiri school in the north.The south is a liberal region and do not breed terrorist and fanatics.

Why dont check out the Yoruba muslims..They are so liberal and tolerant, despite the fact they practice the same religion with the northerners. Dont you think there is something wrong with the foundation of Islamic teaching in the north as compared to how Islam is being practice in the south?
Now you are advocating for this barbaric way of life for young generation of innocent children in the south .Something must be wrong with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Jonathan, Diezani And 28 Others Converted Maitama Hills Private Use. Video. / PROOF: Gov Ayodele Fayose Is Using Fake HND Certificate / Who Is Amarachukwu Karen Allison.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.