Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga (6609 Views)

Biafra: Cross River Issues Stern Warning Against Protest - the Nation / Buhari Meets With German Chancellor, Angela Merkel / Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria’s Wartime Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by aljharem3: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2011
pazienza:

Apart from this propaganda report, do u have any creditable source that  reported on the activities of the biafra soldiers on the mid-west,i went through this your source and it's filled with half-truths.

half true, lol

that was a fact and that was why ur yoruba neigbours joined forces with Nigeria at ore

what the f was baifra doing in the mid-west and ore ? do you care to explain ?

are you aware of the sabon gari gloating  ?

are you aware of the kedu crisis ?

Ojukwu himelf knows more than u mumu's here on NL parading to know more than the war lord. LOL mumu people
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by pazienza(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2011
alj_harem:

half true, lol

that was a fact and that was why your yoruba neigbours joined forces with Nigeria at ore

what the f was baifra doing in the mid-west and ore ? do you care to explain ?

are you aware of the sabon gari gloating  ?

are you aware of the kedu crisis ?

Ojukwu himelf knows more than u mumu's here on NL parading to know more than the war lord. LOL mumu people

Oh! Just like i thought,so there is no credible source,apart from Nigeria's biased source,i knew that this was one of Nigeria's propaganda,just like the riverine one that even adekunle mentioned.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by aljharem3: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2011
pazienza:

Oh! Just like i thought,so there is no credible source,apart from Nigeria's biased source,i knew that this was one of Nigeria's propaganda,just like the riverine one that even adekunle mentioned.

Nigeria based one ?

when propaganda has been spread by likes of dede1 and onlytruth, you expect any other version

Ok I have one for you

Before we knew it, Biafran troops were in Benin City and en-route to Lagos. The Republic of Benin was created and it subsequently became the shortest Republic that ever was. Before we knew it, all our Igbo friends and neighbors started saying “Kedu” to us. When you turn around to look at him in surprise, he would say, “Ah, unah, you never begin learn? Na wa. I’m sorry oh.” The big question was: Learn what? Do you mean Igbo is becoming the lingua-franca in “Benin Republic?” [/b]Biafran troops were in control and from all practical purposes, the people were being intimidated, etc. Basically, Benin Republic was functionally a colony of Biafra.

Consequently, “Operation Igbo must go” was lunched. All efforts to liberate Bendel from Biafra was lunched. They were speedily losing the confidence, trust, and cooperation from the people. [b]Major Ogbemugia, by now, was already in Lagos, planning under the command of General Murtala Mohammed, Commander of Second Infantry Division, on how to liberate Bendel State from Biafra.

[size=15pt]It is important to note that most Igbos in Biafra were kept in the dark by Ojukwu and his cohorts on the status of Biafra[/size] across the Niger bridge for fear of revolt. He did it very successfully. All the University of Nsuka students in military uniform and the military equipment that crossed the Niger bridge never made it back to the East.

by a baifran website republicreport

http://www.republicreport.com/why-biafra-did-not-survive-written-by-alen-ighedosa/
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by aljharem3: 8:53am On Dec 11, 2011
pazienza:

do you know of the sabon gari crisis that lead to civilians getting angry ?
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by pazienza(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2011
alj_harem:

Nigeria based one ?

when propaganda has been spread by likes of dede1 and onlytruth, you expect any other version

Ok I have one for you

Before we knew it, Biafran troops were in Benin City and en-route to Lagos. The Republic of Benin was created and it subsequently became the shortest Republic that ever was. Before we knew it, all our Igbo friends and neighbors started saying “Kedu” to us. When you turn around to look at him in surprise, he would say, “Ah, unah, you never begin learn? Na wa. I’m sorry oh.” The big question was: Learn what? Do you mean Igbo is becoming the lingua-franca in “Benin Republic?” [/b]Biafran troops were in control and from all practical purposes, the people were being intimidated, etc. Basically, Benin Republic was functionally a colony of Biafra.

Consequently, “Operation Igbo must go” was lunched. All efforts to liberate Bendel from Biafra was lunched. They were speedily losing the confidence, trust, and cooperation from the people. [b]Major Ogbemugia, by now, was already in Lagos, planning under the command of General Murtala Mohammed, Commander of Second Infantry Division, on how to liberate Bendel State from Biafra.

[size=15pt]It is important to note that most Igbos in Biafra were kept in the dark by Ojukwu and his cohorts on the status of Biafra[/size] across the Niger bridge for fear of revolt. He did it very successfully. All the University of Nsuka students in military uniform and the military equipment that crossed the Niger bridge never made it back to the East.

by a baifran website republicreport

http://www.republicreport.com/why-biafra-did-not-survive-written-by-alen-ighedosa/

Alen ighedosa is not a biafran,he is probably an edo,nice try alj harem but u have to try harder.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by pazienza(m): 9:10am On Dec 11, 2011
"No peace except the regions were given autonomy"

Wow! Ojukwu knew the solution to Nigeria's problem,4 decades has passed since he made this statement,yet the statement still stands, now the questions are:

Do we have peace now?

Do we need regional autonomy now?

Can somebody give a round of applause for Ojukwu,the man who saw tomorrow.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by pazienza(m): 9:37am On Dec 11, 2011
The east was depending on oil, the north has no oil,the west has no oil,

It was all about oil,the so called war was fought because of oil,too bad the oil owners never knew,they helped the thieves to have the oil,today they are clamouring for the autonomy Ojukwu asked for years ago,the question though is: how much are they prepared to sacrifice for it,Ndiigbo sacrificed millions for it.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by dayokanu(m): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2011
Like these cretinous Ibos would say.

All sources are propaganda to them regardless of who writes it. Whether Yoruba, Edo, Middlebelt or Hausa
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2011
pazienza:

"No peace except the regions were given autonomy"

Wow! Ojukwu knew the solution to Nigeria's problem,4 decades has passed since he made this statement,yet the statement still stands, now the questions are:

Do we have peace now?

Do we need regional autonomy now?

Can somebody give a round of applause for Ojukwu,the man who saw tomorrow.

Ojukwu knew the solution to a problem already solved when Nigeria gained independence, only to be reversed by Aguiyi Ironsi through a decree.

Yeah! What a genius.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by pazienza(m): 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

Ojukwu knew the solution to a problem already solved when Nigeria gained independence, only to be reversed by Aguiyi Ironsi through a decree.

Yeah! What a genius.

I don't understand you,are you saying that Ojukwu and Ironsi are the same.

Ironsi introduced the unitary system,but how long did he live after that,he was accused of trying to subject nigerians under igbo rule,yet the same people that killed him,wil not let go his system of government.
And you must know that igbos don't like ironsi,he never represented us.
Anyway,i think all this is irrelevant,the most important thing is that the demand Ojukwu made decades ago,is still what true nigerians are demanding today.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by pazienza(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2011
Who really is the 'true nigerian' ?

1,Awolowo,Gowon,Zik and co who supported a corrupt system and never asked for regional autonomy,just like our current leaders.

2,Ojukwu who asked for regional autonomy,just like we are currently agitating for.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by JamesDoe: 9:33pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^^^^^^

I woke up today and the sun was green. The sky was filled with cheese and lions were tweeting whilst swinging from tree to tree in my orchard.

My statement is just as ludicrous as the claims made above.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2011
pazienza:

I don't understand you,are you saying that Ojukwu and Ironsi are the same.

Ironsi introduced the unitary system,but how long did he live after that,he was accused of trying to subject nigerians under igbo rule,yet the same people that killed him,wil not let go his system of government.
And you must know that igbos don't like ironsi,he never represented us.
Anyway,i think all this is irrelevant,the most important thing is  that the demand Ojukwu made decades ago,is still what true nigerians are demanding today.

At the time Nigeria was made a unitary state, there were only four governors in Nigeria, all were members of the supreme military council of which Ojukwu was also a member. It is therefore inconceivable that Ironsi made Nigeria a unitary state without Ojukwu's input. If he later fought for greater autonomy for the regions, it was to rectify an earlier mistake of which he was partially responsible, not a great new idea from him.

Where then did you get "the man who saw tomorrow" from? What tomorrow?
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by JamesDoe: 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2011
Hey isn't that Nostradomus!

Let's fluff this thread out!!!9
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by pazienza(m): 11:51pm On Dec 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

At the time Nigeria was made a unitary state, there were only four governors in Nigeria, all were members of the supreme military council of which Ojukwu was also a member. It is therefore inconceivable that Ironsi made Nigeria a unitary state without Ojukwu's input. If he later fought for greater autonomy for the regions, it was to rectify an earlier mistake of which he was partially responsible, not a great new idea from him.

At least we agree that he fought for regional autonomy which we are still fighting for today,chikena.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by Katsumoto: 11:55pm On Dec 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

Ojukwu not only supported, he proclaimed it. Ironsi promulgated decree 34 which divided Nigeria into 35 provinces and made all civil servants part of a unified civil service despite being advised not to do so by Katsina, Gowon, Bassey, and Kam Salem. The day after the promulgation of decree 34, Lt. Col.Ojukwu publicly announced in Enugu that on the basis of seniority, Igbo civil servants would be transferred to other regions and Lagos.

I tire for all these vision after an event smartness.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by remarkD(m): 4:02am On Dec 12, 2011
At Alj_Harem, i'm not sure when to take you seriously or not, tell me though, when you asked where and when Nigerian troops killed civilians, were you kidding? or you seriously are unaware of such things happening?
a yes or no answer will be just fine.

@topic, they reason i think he said that is what another poster said earlier, it was out of frustration that the Biafrans were holding their own. They never thought Biafra would last 30 days. Gowon said the war was gonn' last 2 weeks, Adekulikulinli boasted of capturing the hole of Biafra in days, but when he came alittle bit closer to the heart of Biafra where he said he would shoot at everything that moves and doesn't move, he was put to shame. defeated.

it makes me wonder and seriously, a little shocked, to see people here equating the killing of civilians, women and children to bravery.

Recently DK said he doesn't "idolise" Awolowo (can't recall the exact word he used), but Benjamin Adekunli is his super duper hero, and he has mentored Ekt_bear as a disciple and lover of a man who is a nobody today and has no legacy , or the legacy of killing civilians.

i can't say enough y'all. Peace.
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by remarkD(m): 4:04am On Dec 12, 2011
btw @Kasimoto, weren't you gonn' find some source i requested of you on the debate on who released Awolowo?
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by dayokanu(m): 4:26am On Dec 12, 2011
remark D:

At Alj_Harem, i'm not sure when to take you seriously or not, tell me though, when you asked where and when Nigerian troops killed civilians, were you kidding? or you seriously are unaware of such things happening?
a yes or no answer will be just fine.

@topic, they reason i think he said that is what another poster said earlier, it was out of frustration that the Biafrans were holding their own. They never thought Biafra would last 30 days. Gowon said the war was gonn' last 2 weeks, Adekulikulinli boasted of capturing the hole of Biafra in days, but when he came alittle bit closer to the heart of Biafra where he said he would shoot at everything that moves and doesn't move, he was put to shame. defeated.

it makes me wonder and seriously, a little shocked, to see people here equating the killing of civilians, women and children to bravery.

Recently DK said he doesn't "idolise" Awolowo (can't recall the exact word he used), but Benjamin Adekunli is his super duper hero, and he has mentored Ekt_bear as a disciple and lover of a man who is a nobody today and has no legacy , or the legacy of killing civilians.

i can't say enough y'all. Peace.

What legacy do you expect from a soldier? What legacy do war generals leave?

What legacy did Ojuku leave y'all apart from running to Abidjan? How many generals in history run away from the warfront and leave their citizens to be killed by the invading army?
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by PointB: 5:55am On Dec 12, 2011
@Topic

I would despite all the atrocities and genocide, STILL HERE WE STAND!
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Like these cretinous Ibos would say.

All sources are propaganda to them regardless of who writes it. Whether Yoruba, Edo, Middlebelt or Hausa
When we ibo talk about the war crimes committed by adekunle and like by killing ibo women and children. some ignorant Yoruba/hausas respond WAR is WAR. The 1949 Geneva convention was written before the Biafran war and there are rules in every human endeavour that requires human resources, organisation and strategy, war inclusive. Foreign journalists can attest that  Adekunle came across as blood thirsty vampire, unruly, a highly undisclined man who had no values. I dunno if he is still alive but one fact can not be erased going by the geneva convention is that He is a WAR CRIMINAL, no matter how his son tried to humanise and saintize him in the book "THE NIGERIA - BIAFRA WAR LETTERS". he belongs to hitlers league of criminals. Shooting at everything that moves in igboland including children and Desecrating igbo women  can not be described as bravery. He is disgrace to the human race. Now that's  a FACT!
Re: Biafra: Adekunle’s Wartime Interview With German Randolph Baumann, Of Stern Maga by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2012
^^ Keep whining and bitching all over the web

When American bombed Iraqi civilians in Gulf war 1 was it after the Geneva convention.

Adekunle is there, Go and catch him generation of wussies who took a beatdown from Black Scorpion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Correcting The Definition Of What A Slum Is In The Southeast And Southwest / See What Happens On Wedding When The Groom Is A Branch Manager(photo) / FG To Borrow N2.5tr Via FG Bond In February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.