Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,284 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

LASU Law Rated Best In Africa - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Law Rated Best In Africa (13759 Views)

UNILORIN Law Faculty Rated Best In Nigeria / Lasu Law Rated Best In Africa,7th In The World / Biggest Blow Hit Lasu As Nuc Disacredit Lasu Law,accounting And 8 Others;lag Asembly Summon Vc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Daffydoc: 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2011
And congrats to lasu for repping naija well. @ least sum encouraging news on d academic front with d ASUU wahala n evrytin.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Tobbie9(m): 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2011
luvola:

lasu col of medicine was even rated high above that of some fed sch living on past glory, ,

Online Medical Degree »
Medical Schools World Wide »
Medical Schools in Africa
Top Medical Schools, Colleges
and Universities in Africa
Africa:
Angola
1. University Agostinho Neto
Benin
1. National University of Benin
Burundi
1. University of Burundi
Cameroon
1. University of Yaoun
Central African Republic
1. Universite de Bangui
Congo
1. Institute of Sciences Sante
Cote D'Ivoire
1. University of Cocody
Egypt
1. Mansoura Manchester Medical
University
2. Zagazig University
3. Benha medical school
4. Minia Medical School
Ethiopia
1. Addis Ababa University
2. Gondar College of Medical
Sciences
3. Jimma medical University
Ghana
1. Kwame Nkrumah University of
Science and Technology School
of Medical Sciences
2. School of Medicine and Health
Sciences, University for
Development Studies
3. University of Ghana Medical
School
4. University of Cape Coast School
of Medical Sciences
Namibia
1. University of Namibia
Nigeria
1. Abia State University
2. Ahmadu Bello University
3. Bayero University
4. Ebonyi State University
5. Ladoke Akintola University of
Technology
6. Lagos State University
7. Nnamdi Azikiwe University
8. Obafemi Awolowo College of
Health Sciences
9. Obafemi Awolowo University
10. University of Benin
11. University of Calabar
12. University of Ibadan
13. University of Ilorin
14. University of Jos
15. University of Lagos
16. University of Maiduguri
17. University of Nigeria
18. University of Port Harcourt
19. Usman Danfodiyo Universi
you must be out of your mind it's obvious the list is arranged in alphabetical order, who will ever believe that lasu's college of medicine is better than either that of OAU or UI, pls stick to your law faculty and don't go close to medicine.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2011
actually the mistake the article made was he ought to say lasu law was the best frm africa Side in the competition ,that was the mistake made. i rest my case. we all should stop these beefing just because it a state univ.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2011
actually the mistake the article made was he ought to say lasu law was the best frm africa Side in the competition ,that was the mistake made. i rest my case. we all should stop these beefing just because it a state univ.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Sagamite(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2011
luvola:

[b]actually the mistake the article made was he ought to say lasu law was the best frm africa Side in the competition ,that was the mistake made. [/b]i rest my case. we all should stop these beefing just because it a state univ.

The more important thing is that you should have been intelligent enough to spot that mistake and not come here to propagate it.

A lot of us did the same when we read it from you. We quickly spotted it was JUNK!

You really fall the hand of LASU graduate products. You have damaged their rep if you are/were a student there.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2011
@ tobbie - i didnt say whether the sch medical sch is better than that u.i however it is among the top 10 in the country ,u can google it your self.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2011
@ saga - what damage ? the nation writer must have get his or her info frm a source. however the law program of the institution is respected beyond the shore of nig and africa as a whole.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Umarjob: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2011
CONGRATS. Una try
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Sagamite(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2011
luvola:

@ saga - what damage ? the nation writer must have get his or her info frm a source. however the law program of the institution is respected beyond the shore of nig and africa as a whole.

The fact that as a proud product of LASU, you have demonstrated an inabilty to critically analyse and evaluate information you are fed before redistributing it as your point.

Other people could INSTANTLY.

The fact that you justified this by staing "the nation writer must have get his or her info frm a source" shocks me at your quality as a graduate.

For one, people say The Nation is a tabloid. So you vomitted the story of a tabloid without verification.

No 2, the claim itself is so ridiculous it should have warranted verification by any intelligent person. Most of us spotted the ridiculousness.

Next time the Sun of Nigeria will say RSUST is the 5th best university in the world and you will vomit it because "the Sun writer must have get his or her info frm a source"?

I shake my head in pity. LASU? Kai!
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2011
@ saga - your inability to critically understand the info the writer is worrisome. the article says '' THE LASU TEAM WAS RATED BEST FRM THE AFRICA SIDE'' i.e lasu team was rated best in africa in the competition meaning some univ in africa may have participate but could n't make it to the round of 16. i give kudos to them because the lasu team still beat some american,european and asian univ in the competition. am proud of them
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Sagamite(m): 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2011
luvola:

@ saga - your inability to critically understand the info the writer is worrisome. the article says '' THE LASU TEAM WAS RATED BEST FRM THE AFRICA SIDE'' i.e lasu team was rated best in africa in the competition meaning some univ in africa may have participate but could n't make it to the round of 16. i give kudos to them because the lasu team still beat some american,european and asian univ in the competition. am proud of them

And you came here to daftly inform us that LASU was the best in Law in Africa and 14th best in the world because they came 34th in a competition? grin grin grin

You still don't get how moronic that is?

Ah! LASU? grin grin grin grin
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
@ saga -the sch law program for now is the best in the country,go and hug a transformer if u dnt like that.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Sagamite(m): 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2011
luvola:

@ saga -the sch law program for now is the best in the country,go and hug a transformer if u dnt like that.

Cretinous product of the failed education provided by LASU! grin grin grin grin grin

Critical evaluation: ZERO! grin
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Odunnu: 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2011
gokuu:

LOL. I'd rather do UNILAG diploma in fine Arts(education) than do Lasu Ph.D in Medicine!!!
okay, now this is wicked!
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by gokuu(m): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2011
Tobbie9:

you must be out of your mind it's obvious the list is arranged in alphabetical order, who will ever believe that lasu's college of medicine is better than either that of OAU or UI, pls stick to your law faculty and don't go close to medicine.
Dont mind this 'mama lasu', it's because they did not write ''in alphabetic order''. Insinuating that lasucom is half as good as MEDILAG(CMUL/LUTH) or UNTH is pure senility! Very soon Luvola will say that their burnt library is the best in Africa.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2011
u guys should google and see for your self the top 5 medical sch in nig.,action speaks louder than voice. anti lasu,anti state univ . instead of u dude to appreciate the two guys that represented nig , u all came here banishing a sch. e- bigots
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by mddude(m): 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2011
How could a university law program be the best in africa when the law program is not uniform across countries in Africa? I understand if you are talking about Engineering and sciences. What do you compare? It doesnt make any sense
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Dclique(m): 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2011
Wonder what position LASU engineering is? Lmao
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by gokuu(m): 10:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
Dclique:

Wonder what position LASU engineering is? Lmao
hmmn, Let's not even go there o.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by luvola(m): 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2011
case close
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by jaidor: 11:26pm On Dec 11, 2011
I'd been following this topic for quite a while and my PERSONAL conclusion is that everyone seems to portray excessive egotism in his/her comment.

LASU students were reported to be the only candidates from africa that made it to round 16, and were applaused by the organisers of competition.

Now, @luvola this does not in anyway make LASULAW the best in Nigeria nor in Africa as this is just a competition. Although kudos should be given to them for 'reping' Nigeria and Africa to that extent. hence your assertion was not condoned.

@sagamite, kobojunkie,tezza and the likes, your comments were absolutely unpleasant and too aggresive u guys should have expressed your comments in a more courteous manner(at least as a well learned graduate/undergraduate), to be continued
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by jaidor: 11:30pm On Dec 11, 2011
Yes LASULAW may not be the best in Nigeria and Africa as a whole but that does not give you the platform to ridicle the school and to also perturb others to agree with your opinion(which is almost impossible) the irony of life is that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Thus everyone's opinion counts. On the other hand we can always 'AGREE TO DISAGREE' (which I think is the best option in this case) this means everyone keep his/her opinion to himself/herself , to be continued in a moment
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by jaidor: 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2011
(sorry about the break)

Finally, back to LASU most comments have so much damaged the image of LASU sequel to this topic, which is supposed to be the contrary(atleast it's good news).
LASU is not as bad as most of those comments envisaged, LASU is currently the best state university and the 10th best university in Nigeria according to the 4icu ranking. So I see no reasons why it deserves those nasty comments, moreover it's a state funded university and most the critics compared it with federal schools like unilag, ui which definitely have much improved facilities and adequate funding.

In conclusion, LASULAW law may not be the best in Nigeria/Africa but they obviosly did well in the competion. Remember everyone's entitled to his/her opinion and that we can always agree to disagree. Peace
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by AVB: 11:57pm On Dec 11, 2011
@jaidor its 14th not 10th on d 4icu site sure u hav cataracts or conjuctivities dey ar evn draggin wit convenant who is 15th shame on lasu luvola if u opewn ur mouth to say lasu law wey dey don disaccredit b4 is best in 9ja na akpako go break ur head go hug transforma if u re nt hsappi wit d fact u attende lasu nd stop lukin for succour.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by jaidor: 12:19am On Dec 12, 2011
@AVB maybe you need to follow this link
http://www.4icu.org/ng/
and please stop using obonoxious words in public. I'll pardon you for the insult. Peace
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Tobbie9(m): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2011
When are we going to get our act right in this damn country, the fact remains no matter how bad a school is there will always be very brilliant students(except maybe private uni's) but these are just exceptional cases, if tertiary education in nigeria were to be viewed in general then ALL universities in nigeria are useless. CHIKENA
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by psamuell2(m): 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2011
Top 10 medical schools in Nigeria There are over 25 medical schools in Nigeria these including private, state and federal medical schools. 1. Obafemi awolowo university teaching hospital ,ife. 2. Lagos state university college of medicine,ikeja,lagos. 3. University of ilorin teaching hospital, ilorin. 4. University college of medicine,ibadan. 5. University of nigeria, nsuka. 6. University of jos 7. University of benin 8. University of lagos 9. Ladoke akintola university.osu state 10. University of portharcourt Posted by get informed people at 05:10
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by psamuell2(m): 4:54pm On Dec 12, 2011
Top 10 medical schools in Nigeria There are over 25 medical schools in Nigeria these including private, state and federal medical schools. 1. Obafemi awolowo university teaching hospital ,ife. 2. Lagos state university college of medicine,ikeja,lagos. 3. University of ilorin teaching hospital, ilorin. 4. University college of medicine,ibadan. 5. University of nigeria, nsuka. 6. University of jos 7. University of benin 8. University of lagos 9. Ladoke akintola university.osu state 10. University of portharcourt Posted by get informed people at 05:10
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2011
All this mofos like AVB and SAGA cause me an unending laughter at their bigotry and stupidity.my reasons are:
1:Regardlss of d schl,its a gud news to nigerians at large.
2:all this comparisons bout which is better doesnt matter in Nig just wk hard get ur 2.1 and 1st class u definitely get a job.
3.if u feels Lasu's not worth it just know lasu law was for some yrs the top in Nigeria(fact)with powerful alumus such as waziri farida,ebele whitehead etc.
4.all Nig schools are crappy so what do u fink.u cant use a degree from u.i to get a crappy job abroad apart frm medicine.
5.hearing such news and mking a mockery of d schl shows why Nigeria and Africa at large is stil in wat i term a black age,witchcraft,hatred for prosperity and indivualistic praise is what majority of us find solace in.what a pity.
6.And those talking bout engineering trying to compare has any nigerian engineering student even tried to make a prototype of a toasting machine wen.my elder bro studies mech eng abroad and tells me teens construct car engines and machines for oil,patent them and sells d idea to an interested company so dont tink we practise engineerin here we just read handouts from plaguarised materials.
7:am a proud lasuite,my elder bros finished der b4 going abroad to further their edu and they are seriously raising lasu's flag there.i know am intelligent and we hv got a nice number in lasu so when i see smtin like these i laugh cause these lasu u talk of,its graduates still get jobs wether u like it or not go get a life.
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by Sagamite(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2011
jayhanks:

All this mofos like AVB and SAGA cause me an unending laughter at their bigotry and stupidity.my reasons are:
1:Regardlss of d schl,its a gud news to nigerians at large.
2:all this comparisons bout which is better doesnt matter in Nig just wk hard get your 2.1 and 1st class u definitely get a job.
3.if u feels Lasu's not worth it just know lasu law was for some yrs the top in Nigeria(fact)with powerful alumus such as waziri farida,ebele whitehead etc.
4.all Nig schools are crappy so what do u fink.u cant use a degree from u.i to get a crappy job abroad apart frm medicine.
5.hearing such news and mking a mockery of d schl shows why Nigeria and Africa at large is stil in wat i term a black age,witchcraft,hatred for prosperity and indivualistic praise is what majority of us find solace in.what a pity.
6.And those talking bout engineering trying to compare has any nigerian engineering student even tried to make a prototype of a toasting machine wen.my elder bro studies mech eng abroad and tells me teens construct car engines and machines for oil,patent them and sells d idea to an interested company so dont tink we practise engineerin here we just read handouts from plaguarised materials.
7:am a proud lasuite,my elder bros finished der b4 going abroad to further their edu and they are seriously raising lasu's flag there.i know am intelligent and we hv got a nice number in lasu so when i see smtin like these i laugh cause these lasu u talk of,its graduates still get jobs wether u like it or not go get a life.

You are a cretin!

So LASU is the university that taught you to write so poorly?

You will claim you are a "graduate" and you write like a reetarded chimpanzee?

You THINK you are a intelligent? You are a cretin. Cretins are not intelligent.

A "university graduate" writes like this?

I weep for Nigeria!
Re: LASU Law Rated Best In Africa by fushi: 11:39am On Dec 13, 2011
Good for them. Congrats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Does An Adult Take WAEC? / Akeredolu Hires Pro-govt Students To Counter Protests Over AAUA Tuition Hike / Who Can Interpret This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.