Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu (5780 Views)

Just Look At What They Did To Libya! How I Wish That People Who Argue War Are / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Calabar Bombings: Those Calling For War Are Insincere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by ak47mann(m): 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
Deputy Senate president Ike Ekweremadu reviewed Saturday the increasing cases of insecurity in the country and declared that the factors that gave rise to the 1967 civil war were still very prevalent in the country.

He stated that the country was still struggling to survive as a nation stressing that everything possible must be done to ensure the unity of the country.

Ekweremadu who paid a condolence visit to Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu in Enugu over the death of the former Biafran leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, urged Nigerians to use the demise of the Igbo icon to address the issue of how best to co-exist as one nation.

He said: “The things that gave rise to the civil war are still with us and that is why many years after the war we had the Modakeke/Ife crisis; the Jos crisis between the Fulani and indigenes, the Umuleri/Aguleri crisis in Anambra.

“So those crises are still there because what gave rise to the war was the massacre of people who are Nigerians living within Nigeria by the other part of Nigeria and that is still going on. So it is that same hatred for one another that gave rise to the civil war; we still have them here and there; and those problems are yet to be addressed.

“I believe that the best we can do for Ikemba is for all of us to sit down and talk to ourselves and see how to address this issue so that we can live as a nation because as at now we are all managing to survive as one country. It’s important that we address this problem.

“I don’t believe they are insurmountable; we can find an arrangement to accommodate everybody in Nigeria so that people can live peacefully wherever they find themselves and be able to earn a living there.”

Ekweremadu described Ojukwu as a humble person who abandoned his father’s wealth and its luxury to enroll in the army at a period when the Army was left for the poor; “moving from one place to the other without any luxury and without knowing what would happen to him the next moment; what better sacrifice could a man do for his people.

“So he loved his people; but what they have been doing since his death also shows that they also love him. So I hope that the people of the South East and old Eastern Nigeria will give him a befitting burial.

“But the important thing as I said is for us to address those issues he fought for because they have not been addressed; I believe it could be addressed and the vision he lived for will be realized in due time.”

“Ojukwu as a person came ahead of his time; Ikemba lived ahead of his time and Ikemba died ahead of his time; because his visions, his views are yet to be realized but I believe that surely they will be realized and it is then that Nigerians will appreciate him better.

He also poured encomiums on Mrs Ojukwu; “the important thing as I said is that the wife is my sister from Ngwo; I praise her because of the efforts she made to sustain Ikemba up till now; I recall when I was Secretary to the Enugu State Government (SSG) I had cause to visit Ojukwu with the then governor.

“Then he was very strong and full of life, and we asked him the secret and he said the secret was the ‘wa-wa girl’ referring to his wife Bianca; and she sustained that maintenance , the love, the care up till this time, I believe that’s why Ikemba lived up till now.

“We are very proud of our daughter and I am also sure that the entire Igbo race is proud of her as the wife of the late Ikemba.”

Also speaking after paying condolence visit to the family of Ojukwu in Enugu yesterday, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha urged the federal government to find ways of immortalising Ojukwu, adding however that the National Assembly would be fully involved in his burial.

Ihedioha was accompanied by some members of the House including Hon. Chris Azubuogu representing Nnewi North, South and Ekwusigo federal constituency who described Ojukwu as his mentor and benefactor.

Azubogu pledged to follow the footsteps of Ojukwu by rendering selfless service to humanity and to remain steadfast in fighting the course of the oppressed in the society

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by ak47mann(m): 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2011
IKEMBA the man that saw what others could not see RIP the LEGEND.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Rossikk(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2011
LOAD OF RUBBISH. Ojukwu was a warmonger who sent his people to war without weapons to fight. The whole trouble started in 1966 with Igbo coupists who went and massacred northern and western leaders, not touching any Igbo leaders. An Igbo dictator was then imposed (Ironsi) who refused to try the coupists for their crimes. Igbos then became a target for reprisals. They were hounded and massacred in thousands in the north, then Ojukkwu and his friends, used this as an excuse to invite war by declaring secession, his eyes no doubt on the vast oil reserves in the delta area. The rest is history. If people like Ekweremadu want to repair the damage of the past, the first step is to be truthful.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2011
WE LOVE OJUKWU

Outsiders who want to define Ojukwu for us can go hug a transformer, it will not happen!!!!

As far as we are concerned, the man is a LEGEND and I am blessed to have been arround to see what the man was like and spoke like.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by ak47mann(m): 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
Rossikk:

LOAD OF RUBBISH. Ojukwu was a warmonger who sent his people to war without weapons to fight. The whole trouble started in 1966 with Igbo coupists who went and massacred northern and western leaders, not touching any Igbo leaders. An Igbo dictator was then imposed (Ironsi) who refused to try the coupists for their crimes. Igbos then became a target for reprisals. They were hounded and massacred in thousands in the north, then Ojukkwu and his friends, used this as an excuse to invite war by declaring secession, his eyes no doubt on the vast oil reserves in the delta area. The rest is history. If people like Ekweremadu want to repair the damage of the past, the first step is to be truthful.
you are the one that talk rubbish here and u still claim it was an igbo coup but OBJ said is not true,so who are you to talk? Mr man be truthful to yourself and what about the pogrom in 1953 is it because it was an igbo coup to? there is no other way to hide the fact that hatred fanaticism is still here today,only a fool will say other wise,
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2011
Rossikk:

mutallab is a terrorist, so can you call all muslims terrorist? Some igbo officers commited a crime, then all igbos would die born or unborn little or old. Are you in anyway related to adekunle, because you reason and talk in thesame foolish way like him. What a dumb post.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by aljharem3: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2011
Rossikk:

+10

You are the true son of ur father.

I knew their are still some Igbos out there with sense.

Now, what happened back then was not meant to be so

At first it was not seen as an Igbo coup per-say rather a military coup, as describe by OBJ

the after the coup, the igbo traders in sabon gari were singing and gloating how they rule the country and how the country was under their feet.

You know the way they do now, Yes even here on NL

thus, extremist used this to make up sentiments against Igbos in the north and the killing started.

Note :- their loud mouth brought it to them.

Now. after that, you would expect Ojukwu to try and make allies, instead he called his people the "largest black army in africa"

That lead to the demise of Ndigbo in the war, couple with the invasion of the west and mid-west.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by ak47mann(m): 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2011
medicine after death that what abokis are now doing in Nigeria but not knowing that they were digging their own grave cool sad newspapers all talking about bombing and killings in the north,is now like a daily ritual killings embarassed MAY LORD FORGIVE THEM cool

IKEMBA THE MAN OF UNPRECEDENTED COURAGE. SELFLESS LEADERSHIP. UNCOMMON GENEROSITY & WISDOM BEYOND HIS YEARS!!

On behalf of all the FREEDOM FIGHTERS ALL OVER AFRICA AND THE WORLD AT LARGE MAY YOUR SOUL BE BLESS FROM GOD ALMIGHTY.
OUR LEGEND.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by EzeUche(m): 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2011
Rossikk:

I never did like you as a poster and I still don't. Igbos have been massacred in the North prior to independence or have you forgotten that TRUTH?

Nothing is worse than an Igbo who doesn't know his history.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by aljharem3: 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2011
EzeUche:

I never did like you as a poster and I still don't. Igbos have been massacred in the North prior to independence or have you forgotten that TRUTH?

so the best way to do so is to make an Igbo coup ? thanks to loud mouths like you.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by EzeUche(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2011
alj_harem:

so the best way to do so is to make an Igbo coup ? thanks to loud mouths like you.

What did I tell you inferior little cockroach about quoting me? Have you forgotten what I told you? Let me remind you, stop quoting me.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by 9javoice1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2011
alj harem!
wat ever u support u also aprove.
anytin u lied about, just to win a case will surely come back to hunt u.

igbos are known to pity for the opresed. how do u buy the lies that igbos in sabongari are laughing at northerners.
no history ever record that igbos are jubiliating on the coup despite the general nation wide celebration after the coup.
any humanbeing that ever wrote such a lie will live to see its karma.

the same way you often cookup some lies to defend your fulani kinmen murderers whenever they murder middlebelterns?
cus u usualy comeup with lies like "previouse week they killor stole fulani cattles or cows" instead of you
to admit wat your brothers does is evil. these days you dont have lies to use in their defence anymore,yet
u never come out open to say that your brothers acts are evil.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by 9javoice1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
Ezeuche forget this blood thirsty fulani guy call alj harem.
i strongly blv he is on a spy mission here on NL.

reading his comments concerning his brothers deadly attacks on innocent makes me
to blv he is a terror himself. look MB are no more in darkness,their eyes has open

they hav now know the truth. the bombing and killings after the nothern elders meeting
speaks about the situation now in the north. we are watching carefuly.

surely there will be karma,the blood of the 3million innocents must avenge.
remember vengance is always worse than the first attack.the igbo's has never
in nigeria history attacked any group first but the day u see it happen it will be ,
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by EzeUche(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2011
9ja voice:

Ezeuche forget this blood thirsty fulani guy call alj harem.
i strongly blv he is on a spy mission here on NL.

reading his comments concerning his brothers deadly attacks on innocent makes me
to blv he is a terror himself. look MB are no more in darkness,their eyes has open

they hav now know the truth. the bombing and killings after the nothern elders meeting
speaks about the situation now in the north. we are watching carefuly.

surely there will be karma,the blood of the 3million innocents must avenge.
remember vengance is always worse than the first attack.the igbo's has never
in nigeria history attacked any group first but the day u see it happen it will be ,

I still strongly believe that alj harem is of Yoruba extraction.

He is probably one of those Kwara Yorubas we hear so much who have an affinity for the North.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2011
alj_harem:

shut up. Foo!!ish boy. you are the worse hypocrite on nairaland. today you‘re here,tomorrow you are there. you can never stand by your word instead you go about contradicting yourself. today you‘ll praise ojukwu tomorrow you‘ll condemn him. Useless aboki. Today you‘re alj.harem, tomorrow you‘re a southerner. Was it the 1966 coup that caused the progrom in 1963. Dunce.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by EkoIle1: 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2011
What still exists? Ojukwu caused the CIVIL WAR and he's dead.

He's gone with his issues.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Rossikk(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2011
Ezeuche said:

So Igbos had been massacred in the north since the dawn of time, and then perhaps as a means of improving relations with the indigenes, you now get a group of Igbo officers who stage a coup in which they slaughter the likes of Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto, a virtual god in his region, and a great great grandson of Usman Dan Fodio (If that's not asking for trouble I don't know what is). You kill Tafawa Balewa, the northern prime minister. You kill Brig. Maimalari, the most senior northern officer etc etc.

You then go west and  slaughter their own leaders, and then you leave the eastern leaders untouched. Some Igbo dictator then finds his way to power (Ironsi), and in 7 months refuses to prosecute those who committed those crimes despite numerous entreaties from across the nation. He then decrees into existence a unitary system of govt to further centralise power to himself and his cohorts, weakening further the regions. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of Igbos reside in the regions whose leaders were murdered.

SO WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU EXPECT?

WHAT DID THE COUP PLOTTERS EXPECT??

Of course Igbos would become a target!!!

It's a no brainer.

(and whether or not the reaction of the northern mobs was 'justified', it was entirely predictable.)

Now instead of Ojukwu and his friends to acknowledge the role played by Igbo military leaders (and therefore, Igbo leaders) in creating the crises, they then went and started declaring secession. Without weapons to fight of course. And zero food security.

The rest is history.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2011
Rossikk:

Ezeuche said:

So Igbos had been massacred in the north since the dawn of time, and then perhaps as a means of improving relations with the indigenes, you now get a group of Igbo officers who stage a coup in which they slaughter the likes of Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto, a virtual god in his region, and a great great grandson of Usman Dan Fodio (If that's not asking for trouble I don't know what is). You kill Tafawa Balewa, the northern prime minister. You kill Brig. Maimalari, the most senior northern officer etc etc.

You then go west and  slaughter their own leaders, and then you leave the eastern leaders untouched. Some Igbo dictator then finds his way to power (Ironsi), and in 7 months refuses to prosecute those who committed those crimes despite numerous entreaties from across the nation. He then decrees into existence a unitary system of govt to further centralise power to himself and his cohorts, weakening further the regions. Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of Igbos reside in the regions whose leaders were murdered.

It's a no brainer.

(and whether or not the reaction of the northern mobs was 'justified', it was entirely predictable.)

Now instead of Ojukwu and his friends to acknowledge the role played by Igbo military leaders (and therefore, Igbo leaders) in creating the crises, they then went and started declaring secession. Without weapons to fight of course. And zero food security.

The rest is history.

The only no brainer thus far is your pathetic self shocked wink. Whenever an Igbo talks of present day issues still needing to be addressed in this sorry excuse for a nation, it just riles up assholes like you doesn't it? B'cos you know he's saying the truth. Then you predictably wheel out the tired story of Igbo did this/Igbo did that. Address the present day issues facing us as a 'nation', and get you thick Ostrich head out of the sand you plank!!!

Incase you need reminding, issues facing us today are legion and they include: butchering of youth corpers in the north; bombing of churches in the north; bombing of viewing centres in the north; almajiris running amok in the north; poverty all over the country (but mainly in the north); the murder of Ken Saro Wiwa (don't think he's been forgotten); the stolen Abiola mandate and his subsequent murder; the sacking of Odi; oil pollution in the Niger Delta; not practising proper fiscal federalism; armed robbery and attacks on banks (mainly in the south but recently happening more in the south west); kidnapping (mainly in the south, with the south east previously seeing the highest incidence); unemployment for our youths; visionless leaders since the 70's that have made no investments in agriculture, education, power, health, infrastructure, etc; favouritism and nepostism leading to the least qualified filling critical positions in government that affects millions of lives; quota system and federal character which have the same effect as those from favouritism and nepotism; political assasinations (previously, mainly in the southwest) with hardly anyone being brought to book; etc, etc, etc.

Now tell me, after going through the above list, do you really think the Igbos are our problem in the present day Nigeria? Do you?

I know some commentators on this website love to use Ndigbo as scape-goats to deflect glaring inadequacies away from their kinsmen that've held national/potentialy life-changing positions in government (and also deflect attention from atrocities even now being committed by their kinsfolk), but for as long as this attitude continues our children and those yet unborn will be condemned to a life of uncertainty and playing 2nd fiddle on the national stage to those who think it's their birthright to rule.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by purplelady: 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
At first it was not seen as an Igbo coup per-say rather a military coup, as describe by OBJ

the after the coup, the igbo traders in sabon gari were singing and gloating how they rule the country and how the country was under their feet.

You know the way they do now, Yes even here on NL

thus, extremist used this to make up sentiments against Igbos in the north  and the killing started.

Note :- their loud mouth brought it to them.

Now. after that, you would expect Ojukwu to try and make allies, instead he called his people the "largest black army in africa"

That lead to the demise of Ndigbo in the war, couple with the invasion of the west and mid-west.

So 'NAIRA'Never Allow Igbos Rule Again, is true after all.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by aljharem3: 1:02am On Dec 12, 2011
EzeUche:

What did I tell you inferior little cockroach about quoting me? Have you forgotten what I told you? Let me remind you, stop quoting me.

abeg sharrp

who the hell are you that I cannot quote ?

Ideeiot smiley
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Kobojunkie: 3:05am On Dec 12, 2011
He said:  “The things that gave rise to the civil war are still with us and that is why many years after the war we had the Modakeke/Ife crisis; the Jos crisis between the Fulani and indigenes, the Umuleri/Aguleri crisis in Anambra.

“So those crises are still there because what gave rise to the war was the massacre of people who are Nigerians living within Nigeria by the other part of Nigeria and that is still going on. So it is that same hatred for one another that gave rise to the civil war; we still have them here and there; and those problems are yet to be addressed.

“I believe that the best we can do for Ikemba is for all of us to sit down and talk to ourselves and see how to address this issue so that we can live as a nation because as at now we are all managing to survive as one country. It’s important that we address this problem.

“I don’t believe they are insurmountable; we can find an arrangement to accommodate everybody in Nigeria so that people can live peacefully wherever they find themselves and be able to earn a living there.”

At least he seems to make more sense than many others who have pretended to speak on behalf of Ibos in the Past. It is good to know that there are those who see that equally dangerous divisions exist within each tribe.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 12, 2011
Factual Talk!
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by namfav(m): 8:51am On Dec 12, 2011
also at the time the ibos in the northand the east were rejoicing at the coup, it was a known fact that everywhere in the north ibo citizens were wearing the image of sarduna laying dead, in almost every ibo house you find this image as a mark of victory for them, they released songs which were played all across ibo homes, at the ab university ibo lecturers called on celebrations it was a in your face kind of thing in typical ibo arrogance/fashion that you see on this forum
the ibos were not the victims but victims of there own insensitivty

Rossikk:

Ezeuche said:

It's a no brainer.

The rest is history.

Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by TRUTHTELA: 9:45am On Dec 12, 2011
People should not allow sentiments to blind them irrespective of your TRIBE. READ, READ & read HISTORY with Objectivity. Nigerians & Foreigners have written about the FIRST coup in Nigeria. The fact remains that Nzeogwu initiated a REVOLUTION because the same thing that kept Nigeria backward today and his military colleagues from the North & South made an agreement to WIPE OUT the ROUGES in govt. Unfortunately, the Igbo folks BETRAYED Nzeogwu for no just cause. YOU DO NOT RENEGE ON AGREEMENT LIKE THAT. The BETRAYAL on the side of the Igbo offices made people to brand it Igbo coup, and if we can be HONEST with ourselves, calling it an IGBO coup is JUSTIFIED, given the OUTCOME of the coup. However, it is documented FACT that alot of Northern soldiers shared the same view with the HERO (Nzeogwu), consequently, the Northern soldiers led by Nzeogwu, planned and took care of their own Kaduna deal.

It will be recalled that the soldiers in Kaduna, were loyal to Nzeogwu, and he planned fighting his way to Lagos with the troops loyal to him,to get rid of Ironsi. It is imperative to let y'all know that Ahmadu Bello was a very powerful individual, with so many people gurading him and a SINGLE INDIVIDUAL (Nzeogwu), would'nt have dared to go after him. Futhermore, Nzeogwu & his troops witnessed a heavy fight when they went to Saraduna's house and he was so SECURE that Nzeogwu used a GRENADE to blow up his personal room and in the process he sustained injury. And when he got home with the injury,his roomate & best friend, Olusegun Obasanjo, asked him repeatedly, " WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU", cos he was not aware of the PLOT & his roomate, Nzeogwu, consider him ( Obasanjo ) a WEAKLING and not SMART enough to be carried along. UNfortunately, people like him REAPED where they did not SOW and ended up proving Nzeogwu RIGHT.

My fellow Igbo's, in all HONESTY, anyone that calls it Igbo coup,judging by the OUTCOME of the coup, might be RIGHT. If you are on the other side, you'll brand it an IGBO coup too. Mind you, his ( Nzeogwu's ),PLOT was for a REVOLUTION, but the outcome made it a COUP. Why and why did the rest Igbo officers RENEGED? Why? this should be the question? and their betrayal culminated to the POGROM and NOTHING, absolute NOTHING justifies the POGROM.

This I found intriguing, I'm yet to come across any ethnic group that condemned the pogrom, before and during the civil war, only the likes of Tai- Solarin & Wole Soyinka stood up against all that was going ON.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by TRUTHTELA: 10:04am On Dec 12, 2011
Most people  will read DAILY SUN NEWSPAPER and come to NL, & write CRAP about Igbo's and how they plotted the coup to take over Nigeria's political leadership. You'll do a good thing to your mind by reading into the HISTORY of post-independence Nigeria. Then, you'll realize that Igbo's were'nt on the BACK sit of POLITICAL & MILITARY LEADERSHIP of Nigeria. Nigerian state was badly structured and which has made it a BACKWARD nation, and someone ( Nzeogwu), wanted to redress but the REVOLUTION failed. The Igbo officers made a huge BLUNDER. Both Ironsi & Ojukwu made the same BLUNDER. Gowon, made the bigger BLUNDER, which I learnt that he is regretting. Consequently, Nigerian RULERS have been making the same BLUNDER, upon BLUNDER, from 1960- 2011. Tell what has CHANGED? Rather, the Igobs and Yourba's will be attacking each other, while the MONSTER that kept Nigeria down is busy SOLIDIFYING its GRIP on y'all, but you claim to be the MOST EDUCATED & EXPOSED. Shame on y'all, cos you keep FIGHTING the wrong ENEMY.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by PasD(m): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2011
IKE EKWEREMADU is unveilin mysteries here. He said wat ojukwu fought for has not been realised and he urged us to make ojukwu's dream come true. Deputy senate president Is still a biafra fan.
read his very words in the isolated quote.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by tpia5: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2011
every country has issues which could potentially cause civil war.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by namfav(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2011
the same reason why ibos dont condemn the fact that ibo men wiped out northerner leadership from the top
nothing justifies the killing and humiliation of northern leaders in the coup, and the fact that are leaders who were held in the highest regard were being humiliated even in the death by ibo citizens everywhere that was not justified, was the coup a considered sign of victory for ibos in nigeria? when you answer that you will already see a few answers to your concerns

TRUTHTELA:

absolute NOTHING justifies the POGROM.

This I found intriguing, I'm yet to come across any ethnic group that condemned the pogrom, before and during the civil war, only the likes of Tai- Solarin & Wole Soyinka stood up against all that was going ON.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2011
All These blah blah about Igbo coup this, 1966 that is irrelevant and just straight up unadulterated coonery. The topic is about what is happening today to the middle beltans and murder committed by Hausa/ Fulani cave people but some pathetic f.ools who claim to be Igbos had to play apologists. Thunder gba kpo cha kwa unu anya there. Let Nigerians keep playing ostrich and the climax would be bloody and brutal but all I know is that my beloved true Igbos won't be a part of that climax.

R.I.P. Ikemba, the man who saw the future.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Yeske2(m): 10:57am On Dec 12, 2011
Rossikk:

Think and decipher before posting rubbish yourslf. Simply educate the house on how the 'Igbo coup' of 1966 precipitated the pogroms of the '40s and '50s and how it is connected to the ongoing killings by Boko Haram today as you think that is the genesis of our problem.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by namfav(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2011
i thought the middle belt situation was pay back for the people of the middle belt not going with biafra, so says afam, ak47, relax, ezeuche etc.
'66 has no relation to whatever is happening in the middle belt which only you see in one sidedness, '66 was political, the civil war was born out of the political situation and the greed of eastern political group, even your politicians did not care about your citizens

Bandit C.:

All These blah blah about Igbo coup this, 1966 that is irrelevant and just straight up unadulterated coonery. [b]The topic is about what is happening today to the middle beltans [/b]and murder committed by Hausa/ Fulani cave people but some pathetic f.ools who claim to be Igbos had to play apologists. Thunder gba kpo cha kwa unu anya there. Let Nigerians keep playing ostrich and the climax would be bloody and brutal but all I know is that my beloved true Igbos won't be a part of that climax.

R.I.P. Ikemba, the man who saw the future.
Re: Issues That Caused Civil War Are Still Alive – Ekweremadu by Okijajuju1(m): 11:13am On Dec 12, 2011
Rossikk:

shocked

WHAT!! O no you didnt!!

My kinsmen would chew your a'ss out for this!!

TRUTHTELA:

People should not allow sentiments to blind them irrespective of your TRIBE. READ, READ & read HISTORY with Objectivity. Nigerians & Foreigners have written about the FIRST coup in Nigeria. The fact remains that Nzeogwu initiated a REVOLUTION because the same thing that kept Nigeria backward today and his military colleagues from the North & South made an agreement to WIPE OUT the ROUGES in govt. Unfortunately, the Igbo folks BETRAYED Nzeogwu for no just cause. YOU DO NOT RENEGE ON AGREEMENT LIKE THAT. The BETRAYAL on the side of the Igbo offices made people to brand it Igbo coup, and if we can be HONEST with ourselves, calling it an IGBO coup is JUSTIFIED, given the OUTCOME of the coup. However, it is documented FACT that alot of Northern soldiers shared the same view with the HERO (Nzeogwu), consequently, the Northern soldiers led by Nzeogwu, planned and took care of their own Kaduna deal.

It will be recalled that the soldiers in Kaduna, were loyal to Nzeogwu, and he planned fighting his way to Lagos with the troops loyal to him,to get rid of Ironsi. It is imperative to let y'all know that Ahmadu Bello was a very powerful individual, with so many people gurading him and a SINGLE INDIVIDUAL (Nzeogwu), would'nt have dared to go after him. Futhermore, Nzeogwu & his troops witnessed a heavy fight when they went to Saraduna's house and he was so SECURE that Nzeogwu used a GRENADE to blow up his personal room and in the process he sustained injury. And when he got home with the injury,his roomate & best friend, Olusegun Obasanjo, asked him repeatedly, " WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU", cos he was not aware of the PLOT & his roomate, Nzeogwu, consider him ( Obasanjo ) a WEAKLING and not SMART enough to be carried along. UNfortunately, people like him REAPED where they did not SOW and ended up proving Nzeogwu RIGHT.

My fellow Igbo's, in all HONESTY, anyone that calls it Igbo coup,judging by the OUTCOME of the coup, might be RIGHT. If you are on the other side, you'll brand it an IGBO coup too. Mind you, his ( Nzeogwu's ),PLOT was for a REVOLUTION, but the outcome made it a COUP. Why and why did the rest Igbo officers RENEGED? Why? this should be the question? and their betrayal culminated to the POGROM and NOTHING, absolute NOTHING justifies the POGROM.

I think I just found the Messiah of the entire Igbo Land!!

Is your real name by any chance Jesus or Solo?!

Should you ever decide to run for the post of Eze Ndi Igbo, I shall personally rally support for you and even sponsor your campaign, billnoards, radio jingles, T.V ads and the rigging expenses.

WOW! Someone else who finally decides to call a spade a spade.

May the God of Shedrach, Mishak and Okija bless you.  

Rossikk:

Ezeuche said:

It's a no brainer.

The rest is history.

[img]http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/thinking-017.GIF[/img] SHHH!! You cant tell the truth to Igbos, They'll chew you up!

The Hausas have always wanted to kill the Igbos. The hausas hate us. They dont like us. Genocide, Nuclear bomb, jihad, igbo Holocaust. Armageddon!!

TRUTHTELA:

Most people  will read DAILY SUN NEWSPAPER and come to NL, & write CRAP about Igbo's and how they plotted the coup to take over Nigeria's political leadership. You'll do a good thing to your mind by reading into the HISTORY of post-independence Nigeria. Then, you'll realize that Igbo's were'nt on the BACK sit of POLITICAL & MILITARY LEADERSHIP of Nigeria. Nigerian state was badly structured and which has made it a BACKWARD nation, and someone ( Nzeogwu), wanted to redress but the REVOLUTION failed. The Igbo officers made a huge BLUNDER. Both Ironsi & Ojukwu made the same BLUNDER. Gowon, made the bigger BLUNDER, which I learnt that he is regretting. Consequently, Nigerian RULERS have been making the same BLUNDER, upon BLUNDER, from 1960- 2011. Tell what has CHANGED? Rather, the Igobs and Yourba's will be attacking each other, while the MONSTER that kept Nigeria down is busy SOLIDIFYING its GRIP on y'all, but you claim to be the MOST EDUCATED & EXPOSED. Shame on y'all, cos you keep FIGHTING the wrong ENEMY.

JESUS!! MASTER!! SAVIOR! WISE ONE!! TEACHER!! MESSIAH!! JEHOVAH!! YAWEH!! EZE ndi EZE. . . . I bow at your awesomeness!!

PLease answer me this one question sir, DID YOU SAY YOU WERE AN IGBO MAN?!  

@ Topic

The issues of 1966 are indeed still with us today.

But the Igbos should stop being cry babies and start being proactive. CHIKINA!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Doesn’t Wish Obasanjo Back As President? / The Zoo Called Nigeria (New Animal called Nnamdi Kanu on display in Cage) / How Jonathan Removed Justice Ayo Salami - Vanguard News, 2011.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.