Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review (4116 Views)

Windows Phone 8 Users Review. / My Samsung Galaxy S2 Doesnt Load Up When I Switch My Phone On / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 12, 2011
i wont to buy one it will replace my n97mini without the keyboard hows the phone reply for those who want to buy so we know how it is
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Deblow: 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
A trial will convince u. I use samsung galaxy P 1000 and I tell u it is a super-smart phone. That much I can attest to

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S2 users men but thanks anyway hoping to buy it just want to hear from my 9ja guys
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Z8(m): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2012
i haven't used it, but i have done a very detailed research into the phone, omo its crazy, as soon as i dump this BB angry am off 4 it, ,
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by alaper: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2012
It is the best phone on earth as at today!!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by olatiler(m): 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
This is best phone i ever use super speed, a verry sharp touch wizard high resolution, super multitask, super amoled
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
Wow nope problem @ all ? How much did u buy urs
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
Been using the phone for the past two month now. I never regret buyin it. to me it's the best ever.very fast and lots of applications to download.never a dull moment with galaxy s2. go for it my guy.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by skyhighweb(m): 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
how much did u get urs
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by alaper: 6:47am On Jan 10, 2012
85 thousand naira in a samsung promo
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by kingthejet(m): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2012
Wow you guys didn't seem to elaborate on d battery life. I use an iphone 4, galaxy s2 and bold4. Among all s2 has d least battery life with bb d highest. If ur use of a fone is social networking stick with a bb. App wise a jailbroken iphone is better. Galaxy s2 apps require data plans or wireless to download . D advantage of s2 is dat it has beautiful graphic user interface and widgets. So with that said its ur choice
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2012
bought mine then 96k.but i think at slot it's 85k or so.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
bought mine then 96k.but i think at slot it's 85k or so.If you can lean how to minimised the way you use the phone,the batery can last u some few days.I think all droid comsume batery life.this is not my first android phone
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2012
Thanks will wait till it 70 +
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by alaper: 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2012
By then, there will be galaxy s3!! grin grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by ibdguy: 12:00am On Jan 11, 2012
Once you stop thinking of the device as a phone and start thinking of it in terms of a computer in your hand that happens to make calls, then you'll be fine.

Have had my S2 for just over a month and can honestly say it is an incredible phone.
I've had my fair share of wow moments and trust me,I'm pretty hard to impress, some might even say jaded but the video is incredible, the pictures are sharp,the screen will have your eyeballs dribbling and thank heavens it remembers that it is after all a phone and makes excellent calls.
Was actually at an outdoor event over the new year and took a call from a friend of mine. Loads of noise around me, and still my friend yacked on oblivious to the less than ideal call conditions; noise cancellation doing a more than stellar job! Remarkable.
Yes, its got its quirks, like a proximity sensor that sometimes decides to keep the screen asleep for a second or two longer than necessary which makes ending calls a bit of a pain at times. Then there is the Gallery that can take a full ten seconds plus to load, but in fairness this is not always the case and more the exception rather than the rule. Other niggles abound, but remember what I said in the beginning about thinking of it as a computer first rather than as a phone. Got that image sorted in your head? Good. It means you can now customise your phone to your hearts content, wait for updates and use numerous available workarounds, just as you would on a computer.

Even with my less than totally glowing report, I'm still giving it a five out of five. Surely that must tell you something!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by belushi7: 1:51am On Jan 11, 2012
idbguy has said quite a lot and he is very correct. although some of the issues he mentioned has been taken care of in updates. mine is on 2.3.6. I believe sgs2 is the best phone for 2011. its got it all. beautiful camera, great screen estate, droids are not so battery efficient but i bet the sgs2 os about the most efficient out there. i get average of 12hrs medium - heavy use. the screen is also very strong. my unit has fallen a few times and no scratch. go ahead and get yourself one. you will never regret it. Even in the year 2012, sgs2 will still stand tall among new releases i bet you.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2012
Wow all this reply makes me wanna get my as soon as possible
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Sarpino: 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2012
100k for phone ke!! shocked shocked

Does it cook, clean and wash clothes? tongue

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 12, 2012
bros its 80plus
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Emeka72(m): 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2012
So wats up with SAMSUNG Galaxy S2¿
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by ibdguy: 10:42am On Jan 14, 2012
belushi7:

idbguy has said quite a lot and he is very correct. although some of the issues he mentioned has been taken care of in updates. mine is on 2.3.6. I believe sgs2 is the best phone for 2011. its got it all. beautiful camera, great screen estate, droids are not so battery efficient but i bet the sgs2 os about the most efficient out there. i get average of 12hrs medium - heavy use. the screen is also very strong. my unit has fallen a few times and no scratch. go ahead and get yourself one. you will never regret it. Even in the year 2012, sgs2 will still stand tall among new releases i bet you.

Hi. Having read your post, I downloaded Kies on my laptop and though it recognises that I'm due an upgrade in firmware (I unlike you am still on 2.3.3) the 2.3.6 firmware download keeps hanging at a random percentage point. Frustrating to say the least!
Was wondering how you managed to upgrade to the latest firmware on your device. Did you buy the phone with that update already pre-installed and would it be an idea to take mine in to a Samsung service centre and have them do it for me?
Thanks for getting back to me on this.
As I said, I love the phone. Just can't stand the minor issues it comes with that makes it that little bit less than perfect.
Thanks in advance for getting back to me.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Emeka72(m): 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
I never really knew SAMSUNG had somethn to offes.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2012
From my online search for a new smartphone i learnt Samsung galaxy2 is the best smartphone yet.

Samsung seems to be leading in the phone segment presently.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2012
and am a died hard nokia phone tot i was going to buy a wp7 phone features no b am and the micro sim ewww with all our problems of changing sim here and there nokia lumia 900 just came out only improvement i see is the fntfacing cameraare they for real well waiting for the sg3 to come out so the sg2 will reduce its price then i will buy that 1 i miss nokia
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
Hmm ok
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by gsmgold: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2012
Deblow: A trial will convince u. I use samsung galaxy P 1000 and I tell u it is a super-smart phone. That much I can attest to
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by CNCautolink: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by CNCautolink: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 for sale call: 08033804922.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by temmym4(m): 1:48am On Sep 08, 2012
Emeka 7.:
I never really knew SAMSUNG had somethn to offes.

lol. same here. this will be my first Samsung smartphone ever. not bad at all i must say. Battery life is amazing, (Esp. when playing videos) Display and UI is a 10. Screen size is perfect (Not really a fan of the new S3's big screen) Still few weeks old though so no complains yet. used to love Symbian but this device has really given Android a new definition to me. smiley smiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Users Review by Mustay(m): 12:08am On Sep 22, 2012
ibdguy: and thank heavens it remembers that it is after all a phone and makes excellent calls.

Your choice of words here got me laughing cool

(1) (Reply)

Nokia XL?? / Get 9GB On MTN With Just #2000 / Itel It1516 Plus To Feature Powerful Battery + Cool Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.