Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,208 members, 7,846,009 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1044849 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 10:26am On Nov 18, 2016
abakilikiboy:

There is a room size requirement. She need the borough council of her area to come and check the size of the room and they will give her certificate or letter to confirm the room meet the standard required.

thanks abakilikiboy i appreciate knowledge is power
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2016
Foreveryours201:

lol. Because I am now thinking when I give birth should I now do a DNA Test? Even though hubby's name will be on birth certificate. ?

So you didn't end up going to Court did you? They overturned it before that time?

Your case is so straight forward ...........( but like tesco will say ''every little helps'') you can go for it.. smiley

I didn't near C not to talk of court..... They overturned their decision......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2016
wallg123:

Your case is so straight forward ...........( but like tesco will say ''every little helps'') you can go for it.. smiley

I didn't near C not to talk of court..... They overturned their decision......

lol You are funny.

Your process from moment of appeal to overturned decision took how long?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 11:12am On Nov 18, 2016
Sent in appeal around March/April..... overturned October......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 11:16am On Nov 18, 2016
wallg123:
Sent in appeal around March/April..... overturned October......

OK. So around 7 months..

Hope you're having a birthday parry for our daughter ooo?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 11:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Foreveryours201:

OK. So around 7 months..

Hope you're having a birthday parry for our daughter ooo?

Ye around March.....Make i hustle small save money.. .......Christmas is coming, winter is here.
I need to buy plenty plenty christmas gift + plus my wife birthday is in December....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 11:22am On Nov 18, 2016
wallg123:

Ye around March.....Make i hustle small save money.. grin

LOL. Where are you based because me I'm coming to chop rice with my battalion of children! grin grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
thanks good people foreveryours abakilikiboy wallg123 please want to add to my qestion is the housing inspection needed for all accomodation types or is just for shared accomdation or only for council houses.is it optional if i have other requirement like tenancy agreement,letter from landlord or landlady,stating my wife and i can liive there together,and my utility bills

will appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
toksys:
thanks good people foreveryours abakilikiboy wallg123 please want to add to my qestion is the housing inspection needed for all accomodation types or is just for shared accomdation or only for council houses.is it optional if i have other requirement like tenancy agreement,letter from landlord or landlady,stating my wife and i can liive there together,and my utility bills

will appreciate

With regards to renting Private accommodation I am not entirely sure of the additional supporting documents you can provide, however, you can, in the first instance, provide:

-Tenancy agreement
-Letter from Landlady confirming your tenancy and that it is OK for your spouse to live there and that all bills/rent will remain unchanged.
-Utility Bills (Gas, Electricity, Phone etc)
-Council Tax Statement/Bill

Council rented accommodation:
-Tenancy agreement
-Letter from tenancy manager confirming your tenancy (they might not write that it is OK for your spouse to live there, not that it is not OK, it's just something I have found a lot of them do not do- there is no law stating your spouse cannot come and live with you in your rented council property, this only has an impact if you're in receipt of any housing/council related benefits).
-Rent account statement (if you don't receive this automatically, you can request this from them)

There maybe more that I have left off the list, especially regarding the private accommodation but hopefully others here maybe able to assist with that!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by benileo: 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hello house,
Please I need your help, I want to apply at the VFS for my settlement visa
1, can I pay with my naira master card?
2, will it be black market rate?
3, which VFS office is the best Lagos or abuja.
4, I don't know what information to put in the Additional Information part.

I need your help pls
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
Foreveryours201:

With regards to renting Private accommodation I am not entirely sure of the additional supporting documents you can provide, however, you can, in the first instance, provide:

-Tenancy agreement
-Letter from Landlady confirming your tenancy and that it is OK for your spouse to live there and that all bills/rent will remain unchanged.

Council rented accommodation:
-Tenancy agreement
-Letter from tenancy manager confirming your tenancy (they might not write that it is OK for your spouse to live there, not that it is not OK, it's just something I have found a lot of them do not do- there is no law stating your spouse cannot come and live with you in your rented council property, this only has an impact if you're in receipt of any housing/council related benefits).
-Rent account statement (if you don't receive this automatically, you can request this from them)

There maybe more that I have left off the list, especially regarding the private accommodation but hopefully others here maybe able to assist with that!

thanks foureveryours i appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
benileo:
Hello house,
Please I need your help, I want to apply at the VFS for my settlement visa
1, can I pay with my naira master card?
2, will it be black market rate?
3, which VFS office is the best Lagos or abuja.
4, I don't know what information to put in the Additional Information part.

I need your help pls

1. You could try but apparently (I am not sure if this has changed) but there is a limit for foreign/international purchases, so it might get declined.
2. It should be your bank rate unless your bank is called 'Black Market Bank'
3. There is not 'the best' it is the one that it is most convenient for the applicant to get to (people correct me please). Remember you have to go and submit your passport and do your biometrics etc.
4. Information that you wish to explain/clarify further, please use this space!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abakilikiboy: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2016
toksys:

will appreciate
You still need the borough council to confirm the room meets the required standard.
The tenancy agreement is between you and your landlord.
As said earlier that you need the confirmation from the borough council that the room meets the uk embassy requirement.
Speaking from experience.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
abakilikiboy:

You still need the borough council to confirm the room meets the required standard.
The tenancy agreement is between you and your landlord.
As said earlier that you need the confirmation from the borough council that the room meets the uk embassy requirement.
Speaking from experience.

The thing is some Councils won't write this. They can confirm the number of rooms that are in the property and that you are the tenant. They even consider a living room as an additional room nowadays.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2016
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
Foreveryours201:

Was charged in dollars and it worked out a little bit more than the advertised £1195 fee then I got charged a non sterling transaction fee by my bank.
Just paid for immigration health surcharge but the visa fee itself won't work.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
Monspubis:

Just paid for immigration health surcharge but the visa fee itself won't work.

With naira Mastercard?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Monspubis: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
Foreveryours201:

With naira Mastercard?
Nope.A UK bank card(nationwide)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
Monspubis:

You will have to talk to your bank. Maybe because it's a large amount some banks do that. I was able to use mine to do both.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 1:15am On Nov 19, 2016
Monspubis:

Definitely from your bank
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 1:51am On Nov 19, 2016
House needs help on this, I submitted my documents today but was unable to pay for special delivery return of my documents. The post office guy said they can't do special return of my documents because of its quantity, he claimed that the service was meant for smaller-letter/documents.

My question is will they send my document back with the envelope I inserted into the package?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abakilikiboy: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2016
Foreveryours201:

The thing is some Councils won't write this. They can confirm the number of rooms that are in the property and that you are the tenant. They even consider a living room as an additional room nowadays.
You need let them know what you need for and it is strange to hear that some council.
Text me the council name so that I can find out for you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hey Guys

I still haven't got my documents back from the HO. My husband got his visa since 10/11. I thought that the documents would have been back by now.
How long does it normally take?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hey Guys

I still haven't got my documents back from the HO. My husband got his visa since 10/11. I thought that the documents would have been back by now.
How long does it normally take?

Bombard then with emails. Mine took a while too but got them back eventually.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ok, thanks I'll do that.

deept:

Bombard then with emails. Mine took a while too but got them back eventually.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
Thank you!
dareton09:

Hi @Jennyze

Here are the documents we used to apply using Self-Employment/Director of a Specified Limited Company Route.

Proof of Business Activities
1 Copies of Contract with Limited Company
2 Limited Company Accounts 2015 - 2016
3 Company Tax Return CT600 01-July-2015 to 30-June-2016
4 Personal Tax Return SA100
5 HMRC Electronic Filing Confirmation for Limited Company
6 HMRC Electronic Filing Confirmation for Sponsor
7 "Accountants Letter of Confirmation dated 10 August 2016"
8 Copy of Accountants CIMA Certificate
9 Current Appointments Report For Limited Company
10 Limited Company Certificate of Incorporation
11 Limited Company Companies Annual Return
12 "Original HMRC Registration as Employer and PAYE Purposes"
13 Limited Company Ordinary Share Certificate
14 Limited Company Memorandum of Association
15 Barclays Bank Business Statements June 2015 - Aug 2016
16 "Original HMRC Corporation Tax Acknowledgement Letter dated 26 Aug 2016"

Proof of Income from Limited Company
1 Original Payslips for Sponsor June 2015 - Dec 2015
2 Original Payslips for Sponsor Apr 2016 - Aug 2016
3 "Dividend Summary and Dividend Vouchers July 2015 - August 2016" stamped by the Accountant
4 P60 Issued for 2015
5 P60 issued for 2016
6 Original HSBC Bank Statements May 2015 - August 2016 showing the income earned by Sponsor
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
Priority Visa –

Settlement Service £ 450
Eligible customers applying to settle permanently in the UK can opt to purchase this added value service to have their application fast tracked. UK Visas & Immigration’s published service target for standard settlement applications is 60 working days. Use of this Priority Visa service guarantees that your application will be placed at the front of the queue for processing ahead of others. The Priority Visa service (settlement) costs £450 in addition to the visa fee. If you meet the criteria set out below and wish to purchase this Priority Visa service you should log into your personal account on the TLScontact website and select and pay the fee on the Added Value Services page.

Only customers who meet the following eligibility criteria may apply for the settlement Priority Visa service:

Applicants applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes, and where a full settlement visa fee is payable.
Use of this service does not in any way imply or guarantee that an application will be successful. All applicants must meet the requirements of the relevant UK Immigration Rules.

UK Visas & Immigration recommends that you do not use this service if any of the following apply:

If you have been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
If you have previously deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
If you have overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
If you have had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
If you have been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
If you have been previously refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA or a Schengen country, and/or;
If you have been interviewed, detained or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
If you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
If you have committed a criminal offence in any country.
Priority Visa services are not refundable.

You should not purchase this service once you have submitted your application.

Only customers who meet the following eligibility criteria may apply for the settlement Priority Visa service:

1.Applicants applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes, and where a full settlement visa fee is payable.?
2.What do these imply?
3. Are some categories of applicants excluded?
How is it paid?
4. Those that have been refused cannot go for priority?
can one risk it?
5. How much is TBS? STILL THE SAME PROCESS?

THANKS A LOT
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
Priority Visa –

Settlement Service £ 450
Eligible customers applying to settle permanently in the UK can opt to purchase this added value service to have their application fast tracked. UK Visas & Immigration’s published service target for standard settlement applications is 60 working days. Use of this Priority Visa service guarantees that your application will be placed at the front of the queue for processing ahead of others. The Priority Visa service (settlement) costs £450 in addition to the visa fee. If you meet the criteria set out below and wish to purchase this Priority Visa service you should log into your personal account on the TLScontact website and select and pay the fee on the Added Value Services page.

Applicants applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes, and where a full settlement visa fee is payable.
Use of this service does not in any way imply or guarantee that an application will be successful. All applicants must meet the requirements of the relevant UK Immigration Rules.

UK Visas & Immigration recommends that you do not use this service if any of the following apply:

If you have been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
If you have previously deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
If you have overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
If you have had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
If you have been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
If you have been previously refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA or a Schengen country, and/or;
If you have been interviewed, detained or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
If you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
If you have committed a criminal offence in any country.
Priority Visa services are not refundable.

You should not purchase this service once you have submitted your application.
[b]MY QUESTIONS

1.Applicants applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes, and where a full settlement visa fee is payable.?
2.What do these imply?
3. Are some categories of applicants excluded?
How is it paid?
4. Those that have been refused cannot go for priority?
can one risk it?
5. How much is TBS? STILL THE SAME PROCESS?

THANKS A LOT
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 1:09am On Nov 20, 2016
Gbolaboy:
House needs help on this, I submitted my documents today but was unable to pay for special delivery return of my documents. The post office guy said they can't do special return of my documents because of its quantity, he claimed that the service was meant for smaller-letter/documents.

My question is will they send my document back with the envelope I inserted into the package?

Nonsense, your post office guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I included a paid special delivery envelope with mine and it was used to return the documents.

You can post up to 20kg with special delivery!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 2:18am On Nov 20, 2016
[quote author=Gbolaboy post=51160118]House needs help on this, I submitted my documents today but was unable to pay for special delivery return of my documents. The post office guy said they can't do special return of my documents because of its quantity, he claimed that the service was meant for smaller-letter/documents.

After your case has been decided just contact for instructions where to send the prepaid envelope
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2016
Uchman365:

Nonsense, your post office guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I included a paid special delivery envelope with mine and it was used to return the documents.

You can post up to 20kg with special delivery!

Exactly! I did the same.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2016
abakilikiboy:

You need let them know what you need for and it is strange to hear that some council.
Text me the council name so that I can find out for you.

It's not unheard of. Another lady in this thread mentioned she had the same problem. My tenancy manager was pretty cool but he said he couldn't write that specifically as there isn't any law stating that my husband cannot come and join me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.