Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,199 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1043578 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
GodandVal:

You know when applying for settlement/spousal visa, you are to select the sub category,I selected marriage but the lawyer said it was wife I was supposed to select.

I paid over 2000 dollars and the the documents were those required for spousal visa.... his utility bill etc pictures of us, tuberculosis test, appendix 2 etc

Now I understand what the problem is, did your lawyer email or call ukba to make the changes and pay for NHS health charge?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
@justwise @lexusgs430 pls what are the chances of getting a refusal due to my mistake in taking the wrong English test? I took general test instead of life skill test! I'm paranoid now cry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
Bond140:
@justwise @lexusgs430 pls what are the chances of getting a refusal due to my mistake in taking the wrong English test? I took general test instead of life skill test! I'm paranoid now cry

Very high
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
@justwise what do you suggest I do now? Take the proper test and send to them?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Lamakinde:

I had this issue while filling my application online so I left that one to fill another one. I did settlement - marriage initially then later did another one of settlement - husband as the right one because the first one didn't take me to IHS payment which I learnt was needed. I paid $1918 while IHS was $816.

The problem is it’s already been over 2 weeks and I’ve submitted every single thing already plus the supporting documents and paid for priority.

I have written a letter to them explaining the error and hope they would send me the IHs link. Their applications are so damn complicated.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 9:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
Demoore:

I had the same issue. I was also advised to write Home Office (HO) to inform them of the oversight. But knowing how easy it is for HO to reject applications, I decided to cancel my application of settlement-marriage and reapply using the right category of settlement-husband. Money down the drain. Settlement-marriage is for applicants, who are not yet married, but are seeking to get married in the UK. With the settlement-marriage visa one is NOT eligible to work and is granted for a period of 6 months (as compared to 33 months for settlement-husband/wife).

I decided to recall/cancel my settlement-marriage application about 1 hour after I had sent it off. I was still at the visa application center when I realized I had made a mistake. I went down stairs to pay for the IHS payment via these visa agents in side shops, only for one of them to inform me I made the wrong application and that I should cancel to avoid the risk of my application being rejected.

Who advised you? My own has gone way past a week and I just came across this page and saw the error. I have written to them so I guess fingers crossed? Or at most they would give me the 6 months marriage visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
justwise:

Now I understand what the problem is, did your lawyer email or call ukba to make the changes and pay for NHS health charge?

No he just advised it shouldn’t be a big issue that I should write a letter to them explaining the error and ask them to send me the link for the IHS....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 1:25am On Oct 25, 2017
Good evening everyone, I'm sorry but I need your help with a little bit of advice and guide pls. I am preparing my application for a uk spousal visa...and I don't know if you can pls help out with certain tips on presenting a strong application. I have being following the thread and notices quite a few people were making mistake and I would like this to run smoothly. so I will appreciate if someone can be kind enough to help through the process. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 6:34am On Oct 25, 2017
good morning good people,i am filling the VAF4A Form just came across the this question

1.do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? see the screenshot please am i to provide evident for this? if i a
m what evidence will be required?
2. does anyone other than your sponsor live in the property? the answer to this is yes my wife stays in a 3 bedroom flat with
2 other flatmate ,they have given her the names and age but might not be willing to give their passport number is this a problem
3. Going by the thread and the mistake made as under category settlement i am the husband( applicant )here and my wife is over there( sponsor)-is the right entry settlement-husband since am the one going to join her

just want to be clear and want to get it right ,my questions might look foolish but i had rather ask stupid questions than go through the stress.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 7:09am On Oct 25, 2017
Lamakinde:

It's well ooo. It's really stressful putting hold on certain stuff due to this application.

Azin ehn!
Its well sha
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
Lamakinde:

I had this issue while filling my application online so I left that one to fill another one. I did settlement - marriage initially then later did another one of settlement - husband as the right one because the first one didn't take me to IHS payment which I learnt was needed. I paid $1918 while IHS was $816.

Hi Lamakinde, I was honestly hoping for a smooth ride with my application after reading up everything under this topic from the very first page but I still have a lot of questions. One of them concerns the IHS.

Now I got my masters in the UK so I’m quite familiar with the IHS, however after filling my form on the IGS page, I was prompted to pay $2603 which is just ridiculous! Worse still, it’s not letting me undo/redo just incase I might have picked a wrong option somewhere. Kindly advise on how I can undo this or start a new application (it’s not even letting me do this!).

Also if you can answer in the name that I am meant to use for my application. I’m a lady, I got married recently, he is a British citizen. My passport and documents carry my maiden name, should I just continue with it or use my marriage name (I have the newspaper publication to prove my change of name).

Please I really need help!

Oh and thanks to the ever so kind people that keep this group going, God bless all of you immensely for all your advice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
It’s ok. I have figured it out. So happy! However I’m still curious about how my IHS was $2603. I picked settlement-settlement-wife.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
readynow:
good morning good people,i am filling the VAF4A Form just came across the this question

1.do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? see the screenshot please am i to provide evident for this? if i a
m what evidence will be required?
2. does anyone other than your sponsor live in the property? the answer to this is yes my wife stays in a 3 bedroom flat with
2 other flatmate ,they have given her the names and age but might not be willing to give their passport number is this a problem
3. Going by the thread and the mistake made as under category settlement i am the husband( applicant )here and my wife is over there( sponsor)-is the right entry settlement-husband since am the one going to join her

just want to be clear and want to get it right ,my questions might look foolish but i had rather ask stupid questions than go through the stress.

No, you don’t share any responsibilities unless you have kids.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
Aphrodite007:
It’s ok. I have figured it out. So happy! However I’m still curious about how my IHS was $2603. I picked settlement-settlement-wife.

Hi @Aphrodite007... pls I don't know if you or any nairalander that has submitted their application for a settlement visa can be kind enough to walk me through mine... all these lawyers out there are as good making a donation to charity if you go through them. I will really appreciate it. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AkeAlbert: 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
Any August applicants in the house? On my 11th week on standard and the wait is killing me
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix77:

Hi @Aphrodite007... pls I don't know if you or any nairalander that has submitted their application for a settlement visa can be kind enough to walk me through mine... all these lawyers out there are as good making a donation to charity if you go through them. I will really appreciate it. Thanks

I actually wanted to help but how to start is the problem. Normally, members would ask you to start reading from the first page. Even though this might be mean, it has got its perks because you will get to see lots of mistakes and learn not to make them. But I think it would be nice to write down a fresh process.

I don’t think I can help much as I’m also starting an application like you. But I will write down the preliminary information when I can.

I will still advise you to read from the beginning.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
My husband is waiting o. He did his Biometric on the 17th. 11th week this week. God help us all.......the wait is killing.

AkeAlbert:
Any August applicants in the house? On my 11th week on standard and the wait is killing me

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
tayeby78:
My husband is waiting o. He did his Biometric on the 17th. 11th week this week. God help us all.......the wait is killing.

I did on 17th of August too as the applicant. But I think you have to count the working days which won't be up to 11 week. I hope Saturdays and Sundays is inclusive.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Hi Lamakinde, I was honestly hoping for a smooth ride with my application after reading up everything under this topic from the very first page but I still have a lot of questions. One of them concerns the IHS.

Now I got my masters in the UK so I’m quite familiar with the IHS, however after filling my form on the IGS page, I was prompted to pay $2603 which is just ridiculous! Worse still, it’s not letting me undo/redo just incase I might have picked a wrong option somewhere. Kindly advise on how I can undo this or start a new application (it’s not even letting me do this!).

Also if you can answer in the name that I am meant to use for my application. I’m a lady, I got married recently, he is a British citizen. My passport and documents carry my maiden name, should I just continue with it or use my marriage name (I have the newspaper publication to prove my change of name).

Please I really need help!

Oh and thanks to the ever so kind people that keep this group going, God bless all of you immensely for all your advice.

I believe you should use the name on your passport and documents, though you could include the publication showing a change of name which you are yet to effect on your passport. Is it your IHS that summed up to $2603 or your visa fees?
I can remember someone paying $600 plus for IHS when she did hers before mine on this forum and I ended up been charged $816, I don't know their criteria for how much they charge.
When you fill your forms online, you can leave one with errors if you are yet to pay your visa fees, it will clear off your page in like three months or so and won't get to UKVI.
I abandoned the one of Settlement - Marriage because it didn't give me the option to pay for IHS then.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=Aphrodite007 post=61766238]

Thanks... I have tried reading from the beginning but then I don't want to go by what I have been reading without someone on standby I can easily ask questions from. I will appreciate any help you can render.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
Lamakinde:

I believe you should use the name on your passport and documents, though you could include the publication showing a change of name which you are yet to effect on your passport. Is it your IHS that summed up to $2603 or your visa fees?
I can remember someone paying $600 plus for IHS when she did hers before mine on this forum and I ended up been charged $816, I don't know their criteria for how much they charge.
When you fill your forms online, you can leave one with errors if you are yet to pay your visa fees, it will clear off your page in like three months or so and won't get to UKVI.
I abandoned the one of Settlement - Marriage because it didn't give me the option to pay for IHS then.

I really appreciate your response. It was just the IHS o, I want to believe that it’s an error or somewhat, Cos it was unbelievable �. I will redo my application meticulously. Thanks a lot again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=Phoenix77 post=61769498][/quote]

That is easier for me. Ask as many questions. He members here would pick anyone they can answer and answer it for you. But to start from the beginning and advice what to do is just quite complicated.

Google VAF Appendix 2 and fill the form. When you’re done, then go here, https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa scroll to then end and create an account. Then log into your account and fill it. When I’m back at work, I will copy and paste my list of supporting documents, so that you can make yours similar.

Also you need to get a sponsor letter/introduction letter where your sponsor will explain how you met and how they have been visiting you.

Gather up some photos of both of you Cos you need them. Gather up a few of your chats on WhatsApp, bbm, whatever and wherever App you chat on- (I munched a few of mine at least 4 screen shots per month, I munched my whatsapp call log too as proof, then packed plenty kissy photos and my wedding photos for them).

At the moment, my hubby is trying to get a letter from his office stating his salary and how long he has worked for them, then he will also try and get a document from his agency about the house. He has all his payslips and would get his statement of account few days before sending the documents to Sheffield.

Just ask questions when you’re confused.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix77:

Remember to chose settlement - Husband or Wife
Actually we all learnt through reading up because of different circumstances relating to each applicant.
For starters as the applicant, you will need your sponsor to be earning £18600/annum if you are without child or if your child is a British citizen.
With a child it increases to £22,400 and additional £2400 for subsequent child.
Docs from Sponsor and needed by Applicant
P60 of that year
Six months account statement
Payslips
Letter from the employer on letter head signed stating the year of employment, Remuneration
Utility bills e.g.Council tax, energy
Letter from Landlord/Receipts of payment stating he/she is domiciled at the residence and permitted to live with the spouse.
Communication Proof (Phone records from service provider , WhatsApp conversations, Facebook chats, IMO e.t.c.
Original Marriage certificate (Not Nigerian local govt) Federal Marriage Registry or UK recognised.
English language Proficiency (Either IELTS life skills A or if you have a UK degree or You can process a UK NARIC assessment of your Nigerian Degree taught in English)
Original Tuberculosis Test (You can do this at IOM i.e. International Organisation for Migration)
Lots of pictures at every meeting point, marriage pictures etc.
Copies of visas stamp for all travelling to meet.
Letter from Applicants employer if employed
Bank statement( just to show you have a life)
All docs is original.
Lest I forget, docs from self employed sponsor differs a little.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
AkeAlbert:

You're almost there bro, I'm on d 9th tho, did mine 28th August.
You should get a response next week hopefully
Pele, its almost over

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bond140:
@justwise what do you suggest I do now? Take the proper test and send to them?

You can do that since the processing time is 12wks at least
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodandVal:

No he just advised it shouldn’t be a big issue that I should write a letter to them explaining the error and ask them to send me the link for the IHS....

You need to act fast, without paying the NHS health charge you are likely to be refused.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=Phoenix77 post=61769498][/quote]

You can ask your questions here and the house will see how to help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
justwise:

You can do that since the processing time is 12wks at least

Thank you @justwise for the response but unfortunately I can not sit for the correct test because without my passport which I submitted with the application I cannot write the test. The only option is the UK NARIC. To get transcript is a problem because schools only forward the transcripts to schools not individuals and I need the transcripts for upload on the UK Naric site for them to process it. I just don't know what to do now whether to apply with statement of results only?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 1:23am On Oct 26, 2017
Bond140:

Thank you @justwise for the response but unfortunately I can not sit for the correct test because without my passport which I submitted with the application I cannot write the test. The only option is the UK NARIC. To get transcript is a problem because schools only forward the transcripts to schools not individuals and I need the transcripts for upload on the UK Naric site for them to process it. I just don't know what to do now whether to apply with statement of results only?

well this is a tip on how to go about your transcript.i just got mine you can apply using a company or a friend company address if your institution get transcript throught EXT-NG(an online transcript site that has most institutions signed up) go online to the site register and fill in the form.see how i did mine knowing my transcript cannot be delivered to my by hand

1 i went to the site and register i.e https://www.etx-ng.com/
2. register by clicking on student/alumni tab and click order for a transcript
3. enter your infromation for registration like your email and your other information
4 after registration login in and go to apply for transcript
for Naric they do not require hard copy of your cv just he softcopy which makes it ok and easy.what i did was i created an email using a company name@gmail.com
5. choose recieving institution for the transcript and enter the email address of the company you created so that when they will send the transcript?(softcopy it will get to you through this campany email you created)
also make sure that whatever company name you will be using a physical address alhough this will not be verified
after making payment use GTB mastercard.
then begin the follow up at your institution.note that your transcript will not come on a plata of Gold you have to follow up with your institution
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 5:10am On Oct 26, 2017
readynow:

well this is a tip on how to go about your transcript.i just got mine you can apply using a company or a friend company address if your institution get transcript throught EXT-NG(an online transcript site that has most institutions signed up) go online to the site register and fill in the form.see how i did mine knowing my transcript cannot be delivered to my by hand

1 i went to the site and register i.e https://www.etx-ng.com/
2. register by clicking on student/alumni tab and click order for a transcript
3. enter your infromation for registration like your email and your other information
4 after registration login in and go to apply for transcript
for Naric they do not require hard copy of your cv just he softcopy which makes it ok and easy.what i did was i created an email using a company name@gmail.com
5. choose recieving institution for the transcript and enter the email address of the company you created so that when they will send the transcript?(softcopy it will get to you through this campany email you created)
also make sure that whatever company name you will be using a physical address alhough this will not be verified
after making payment use GTB mastercard.
then begin the follow up at your institution.note that your transcript will not come on a plata of Gold you have to follow up with your institution

Thanks for the response. Please how long did it take to receive the transcript? And how much?
You mentioned that I have to follow up with my institution! How do I go about that? Do I have to call or go to my school again after paying them to get the transcript?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 9:58am On Oct 26, 2017
Aphrodite007:

That is easier for me. Ask as many questions. He members here would pick anyone they can answer and answer it for you. But to start from the beginning and advice what to do is just quite complicated.

Google VAF Appendix 2 and fill the form. When you’re done, then go here, https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa scroll to then end and create an account. Then log into your account and fill it. When I’m back at work, I will copy and paste my list of supporting documents, so that you can make yours similar.

Also you need to get a sponsor letter/introduction letter where your sponsor will explain how you met and how they have been visiting you.

Gather up some photos of both of you Cos you need them. Gather up a few of your chats on WhatsApp, bbm, whatever and wherever App you chat on- (I munched a few of mine at least 4 screen shots per month, I munched my whatsapp call log too as proof, then packed plenty kissy photos and my wedding photos for them).

At the moment, my hubby is trying to get a letter from his office stating his salary and how long he has worked for them, then he will also try and get a document from his agency about the house. He has all his payslips and would get his statement of account few days before sending the documents to Sheffield.

Just ask questions when you’re confused.
Thanks so much I really appreciate I will get on with this now and ask questions later and do I need to take d English test? So I can get that out of the way before the application is ready.. or what do u suggest.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2017
Lamakinde:

Remember to chose settlement - Husband or Wife
Actually we all learnt through reading up because of different circumstances relating to each applicant.
For starters as the applicant, you will need your sponsor to be earning £18600/annum if you are without child or if your child is a British citizen.
With a child it increases to £22,400 and additional £2400 for subsequent child.
Docs from Sponsor and needed by Applicant
P60 of that year
Six months account statement
Payslips
Letter from the employer on letter head signed stating the year of employment, Remuneration
Utility bills e.g.Council tax, energy
Letter from Landlord/Receipts of payment stating he/she is domiciled at the residence and permitted to live with the spouse.
Communication Proof (Phone records from service provider , WhatsApp conversations, Facebook chats, IMO e.t.c.
Original Marriage certificate (Not Nigerian local govt) Federal Marriage Registry or UK recognised.
English language Proficiency (Either IELTS life skills A or if you have a UK degree or You can process a UK NARIC assessment of your Nigerian Degree taught in English)
Original Tuberculosis Test (You can do this at IOM i.e. International Organisation for Migration)
Lots of pictures at every meeting point, marriage pictures etc.
Copies of visas stamp for all travelling to meet.
Letter from Applicants employer if employed
Bank statement( just to show you have a life)
All docs is original.
Lest I forget, docs from self employed sponsor differs a little.

Thank you so much... I will get on to getting my support in docs ready

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.