Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037767 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 8:13am On Aug 06, 2018
fini22:
God day gurus in the house,I got a question to ask on behalf of my fiancee
My fiancee's dad is a British citizen by marriage(2009) but my fiancee 25y old was born here in Nigeria though her dad has divorced her mum 5 years after she was born and her dad remarried in the UK ,she has visited her dad once but she wants to there migrate there,is anything her dad can do?

I would try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. I really do hope someone would as well help in answering it better if i dont do enough justice to it.
Your fiancee might be able to claim British citizenship by descent through his Dad. They tend to look at when his Dad became a citizen to when your fiancee was born but this I am not 100% sure of.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-british-parent

You can got through the link above. There is no harm in trying. It would cost you £80 plus any required fee for a DNA test at a specified clinic.
PLEASE GO THROUGH THE LINK AND DO NOT BASE YOUR DECISIONS ON MY RESPONSE.
Good-luck.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 10:48am On Aug 06, 2018
If you read the first paragraph of the attached screenshot well... it says “you may be eligible if your father was a British citizen by the time you were born”. The guy said the fiancée’s dad became a citizen in 2009 (by marriage)... the fiancée is 25 years now.

To the best of my knowledge, I think the father would have been able to apply for a citizenship for the fiancée in 2009 as at when he became citizen because she was 17 (less than 18 years) when she is still legally a child. But now that she’s above 18 years, I’m afraid there’s no way the British dad will be able to file for the child now because she is a fully grown adult now.

Minnienellie24:

I would try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. I really do hope someone would as well help in answering it better if i dont do enough justice to it.
Your fiancee might be able to claim British citizenship by descent through his Dad. They tend to look at when his Dad became a citizen to when your fiancee was born but this I am not 100% sure of.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-british-parent

You can got through the link above. There is no harm in trying. It would cost you £80 plus any required fee for a DNA test at a specified clinic.
PLEASE GO THROUGH THE LINK AND DO NOT BASE YOUR DECISIONS ON MY RESPONSE.
Good-luck.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2018
MreSBee:
If you read the first paragraph of the attached screenshot well... it says “you may be eligible if your father was a British citizen by the time you were born”. The guy said the fiancée’s dad became a citizen in 2009 (by marriage)... the fiancée is 25 years now.

To the best of my knowledge, I think the father would have been able to apply for a citizenship for the fiancée in 2009 as at when he became citizen because she was 17 (less than 18 years) when she is still legally a child. But now that she’s above 18 years, I’m afraid there’s no way the British dad will be able to file for the child now because she is a fully grown adult now.

I became a citizen through same process and my Dad was not a citizen as at the time of my birth and I was well over 18 when I applied. I was 26 years to be precised. Let him make the decision to try himself. Applications are often time dealt with on an individual basis and there are sometimes exceptions to certain rules.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
When someone says that i understand then that person is not really arguing... ricki is a bit of a troll and i was humouring him. I never said that any individual should do this or that. Who would want to throw money away for foolhardiness. But I should also caution people that might be trying too hard - people that might start to live their lives based on obtaining a VISA...

* I shall be going through rejection letters for my personal empirical studies... I an not arguing with anyone - in fact, i commended people for putting info in distinct and easily identifiable folders with tables of contents etc. Each to their own!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
themusketeer:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please how do I show proof of communication (FaceTime) for the past 18months?

We have Whatsapp messages & iMessages (over 160 pages extracted) , we also have email conversations, and e-cards. Our headache is just the retrieving over 18months voice&video call logs.

Going forward I intend to screenshot the call logs every other day but I’m afraid ordinary 6months call log won’t be sufficient.

Please Advise.

Thanks all..,..

This is what i did for mine....
I used only whatsapp chats....no phone logs no emails...nothing...just whatsapp chats.
And this was how i did it..
I took screenshots of our conversations going 2yrs back..i took about 10 per month. Transferred them to my laptop.i then created a landscape view using microsoft word and drew 5rows and 5colunms per page and then inserted d chats into them giving me 50 pages for 2yrs chats...my hubby printed them in d uk with coloured printed and it worked for us just fine.
Ive attached a sample picture ..mine was 10pictures per mnth though..d pic i sent is 5pics per mnth but u get d drift

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
oxygyne:

YES.

[color=#006600][/color]

Ive done a little research on their website and what i saw was for only those on tier 1, 2 and 5 visas...no mention of spousal settlement visas..pls any other person with more information can shed more light...thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 3:24am On Aug 07, 2018
Okay. If you say so... I’m not yet a citizen... I just commented based on what I know and the info I gather. Like you suggested, let him try... he might be lucky.

Good luck to him and everyone still expecting their good news
Minnienellie24:

I became a citizen through same process and my Dad was not a citizen as at the time of my birth and I was well over 18 when I applied. I was 26 years to be precised. Let him make the decision to try himself. Applications are often time dealt with on an individual basis and there are sometimes exceptions to certain rules.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2018
Extremebeau:

[color=#006600][/color]

Ive done a little research on their website and what i saw was for only those on tier 1, 2 and 5 visas...no mention of spousal settlement visas..pls any other person with more information can shed more light...thanks

From the information provided in the link below, I guess you are right
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

All the best!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by themusketeer: 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ibkbosson:

3-4 chats per month is fine. I would suggest you show email log from the beginning of the relationship which is easier and 3-4 chats per month for one year. That's what I did.

Thanks ibk. I appreciate greatly ��

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by themusketeer: 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

This is what i did for mine....
I used only whatsapp chats....no phone logs no emails...nothing...just whatsapp chats.
And this was how i did it..
I took screenshots of our conversations going 2yrs back..i took about 10 per month. Transferred them to my laptop.i then created a landscape view using microsoft word and drew 5rows and 5colunms per page and then inserted d chats into them giving me 50 pages for 2yrs chats...my hubby printed them in d uk with coloured printed and it worked for us just fine.
Ive attached a sample picture ..mine was 10pictures per mnth though..d pic i sent is 5pics per mnth but u get d drift

Thanks so much. I think I’ll go with this approach.

����
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by technobayo(m): 9:10am On Aug 09, 2018
mzapplication:
Hello good people,

You may recall my "saga" of making the wrong application category - Settlement instead of Tier 2 Dependent.

I am here to share the good news that I have finally gotten the correct visa (within 2 weeks of applying). In everything I thank God.

I now need some advice..

As we all know the vignette visa required us to travel within the 30 day period which I have done, with my 2 children. I have collected all of our BRPs. We stayed for a week.

The issue now is that I had to come back to Nigeria to tidy up a few affairs, close out on projects at work, clear the Nigeria house, sort out some family matters.

I reckon I will be out for about 2 months - after which I will move to the UK finally. My husband is still working and living in the UK

I hope I am not flouting any rules? I am seriously considering getting a lawyer considering the costly mistake of earlier...

Many thanks house.

Hi sis,

Congrats! I'm in the process of filing a similar application - PBS Tier 2 Dependant - to join my wife and would like a few clarification:
- Was the category you chose 'Tier 2 General Partner' or 'Tier 2 General Migrant?'
- In terms of the COS, my understanding from my wife is that it's a number, did you provide any print copy of any sort?
- The bank statement from your hubby, did they have to be stamped from the bank? Or could they be sent to me to print and submit along with my application?
- For your own bank statements showing evidence of maintenance fee, did you have to provide any additional letter from your bank? Or did the statements suffice?
- The IHS, I haven't seen anywhere on the application form for where I can pay or anything to its effect. When do I encounter this?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by donlexs(m): 8:24am On Aug 10, 2018
Hello guys,

Great job you guys are doing here. I have a question for recent applicants.

I am about to pay for my IHS and the amount comes up to $840. I thought IHS for settlement Visas are £500. $840 is about £600 oo.

Can someone who has recently applied clarify or I am doing something wrong.

Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibkbosson: 8:47am On Aug 10, 2018
donlexs:
Hello guys,

I am about to pay for my IHS and the amount comes up to $840. I thought IHS for settlement Visas are £500. $840 is about £600 oo.

Thank you.

It's correct. It's only 500 if you are applying from inside the uk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by donlexs(m): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2018
Ibkbosson:

It's correct. It's only 500 if you are applying from inside the uk.

Oh okay. Thank you very much Chief.

Can you please confirm these are the only other payments required and costs from outside the U.K.:
Visa Application Fee: £1,464
Priority (Optional): £573.

Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibkbosson: 11:38am On Aug 10, 2018
donlexs:

Oh okay. Thank you very much Chief.

Can you please confirm these are the only other payments required and costs from outside the U.K.:
Visa Application Fee: £1,464
Priority (Optional): £573.

Thank you.

Visa fee: £1523
Priority:£573
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by donlexs(m): 11:44am On Aug 10, 2018
Ibkbosson:

Okay. Thank you very much.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tranquil38: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
Please I need advice... I recently started my PhD in the UK and on a full scholarship. I just got married and want my hubby to join me... Please what do I need to put in place to make that happen, I don't want a refusal for any reason... Please am waiting for an advice,thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibkbosson: 2:46am On Aug 11, 2018
Tranquil38:
Please I need advice... I recently started my PhD in the UK and on a full scholarship. I just got married and want my hubby to join me... Please what do I need to put in place to make that happen, I don't want a refusal for any reason... Please am waiting for an advice,thanks.

You need a tier 4 dependent visa. Check this link https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ibkbosson:

Can one pay for the fees using a UK bank's debit or credit card (straightforwardly in Pounds (£) sterling); that is, on behalf of the applicant who is filling the form online in Nigeria? Anyone done it this way recently? Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Launna29: 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
chrisj2:

Can one pay for the fees using a UK bank's debit or credit card (straightforwardly in Pounds (£) sterling); that is, on behalf of the applicant who is filling the form online in Nigeria? Anyone done it this way recently? Thanks in advance

My husband paid from the UK with his card. I am the applicant.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2018
chrisj2:

Anyone can pay even from Mars, all UKBA wants is payment confirmation.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibkbosson: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
chrisj2:

Yes you can pay with uk bank Card however the fees are in dollars so bank charges will be taken you might pay a little over £1600 pounds. Same thing if you use a Nigerian card

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 9:22am On Aug 12, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
chrisj2:

Yes u can....my hubby paid for me..i was the applicant. .fees are slightly higher than you imagine though..because of the extra charges ...just make sure u have well above the rxact amount

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
donlexs:
Hello guys,

Thank you.

That’s how much I paid recently..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
chrisj2:

Yes my husband paid in the UK with his UK card
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Velourcity31: 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
Hi guys... Yesterday I went to pick up my BRP but the post office said they didn't have it. I raised a query on the gov.uk site sha since I don't want to get in trouble 4 not picking it up within 10 days. They said they will reply me in 5 days time.

I'm not panicking cuz I know visa has been granted but I just want to hear if this has happened to anyone else?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
Kakushia2:

Yes my husband paid in the UK with his UK card
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A big thank you to you, ibk and other contributors... That is really useful information.
* The only downside - giving the spouse the bank card details and security features - joking; if she spends it like the Beckhams then at least we know where we stand. LOL
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2018
oxygyne:

Anyone can pay even from Mars, all UKBA wants is payment confirmation.

funny - as long as the UK get their blood money... They sabi like money - even though I know it is more about creating a hostile environment but the UK have always been a country that knows how to exploit every opportunity to make money; at least they use it for their citizens; all good!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
Velourcity31:
Hi guys... Yesterday I went to pick up my BRP but the post office said they didn't have it. I raised a query on the gov.uk site sha since I don't want to get in trouble 4 not picking it up within 10 days. They said they will reply me in 5 days time.

I'm not panicking cuz I know visa has been granted but I just want to hear if this has happened to anyone else?

Wao strange but like you said no need to panic, it would be sent to you shortly.

Be sure you went to the correct post office though....lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibkbosson: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2018
chrisj2:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A big thank you to you, ibk and other contributors... That is really useful information.
* The only downside - giving the spouse the bank card details and security features - joking; if she spends it like the Beckhams then at least we know where we stand. LOL

No need to give her your bank details. Just get her log in details for the online application and pay

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by swtjane: 9:08am On Aug 13, 2018
Good morning MreSBee I really need your assistance, was your wife on a salaried paid job and picked the category A on the unsalaried paid job because my husband is on a salaried job and he earns £18000 but his pay varies due to expenses and overtime. Please what category can we go for. His employer has also agreed to increase this pay to £18600.
MreSBee:
Hello good people,

I’m pleased to inform you guys that I have finally gotten my spouse visa. After an initial refusal of an almost 6 months application in December 2016, I waited the whole of 2017 together with my wife to work on getting it right for the next application and thank God, the long wait paid off now.

Timeline:
Application submitted: March 2nd
Biometrics: March 8th
Documents submitted: March 15th
Ready to pick up email: June 18th
Passport picked up: June 19th

Wife called UKVI at around 60 working days and they said a decision has been made.

No “decision made” email

Total of of 69 working days (excluding bank holidays)

Thank God and thanks to everyone that contributed one way or the other on this forum. I’m happy to tell you guys that I’m officially a graduate of this school now �

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
swtjane:
Good morning MreSBee I really need your assistance, was your wife on a salaried paid job and picked the category A on the unsalaried paid job because my husband is on a salaried job and he earns £18000 but his pay varies due to expenses and overtime. Please what category can we go for. His employer has also agreed to increase this pay to £18600.

While you wait for the response from MreSBee, please note that if the employer has just agreed to increase his pay then you are advised to apply after at least 6 months counting from the month when he starts to officially receive the £18600 pay.

I hope you understand, all the best!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.