Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038660 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
No i havnt. I will look up on play store and see what it looks like.
No dats one thin i dont have. I jst end chats and neva back up cry. We both dont save chats. Infact i use to but wen i complained of fone hanging. Our media had close to a thousand pix, he asked me to end chat mayb its part of wats taking up space and i did. Nd frm tym to tym i end chat. He does too.
Is der a way of retrieving info? We jst hav watsapp video call thats like every single day but d log is short
Lexusgs430:

Ever heard of an app called freeprints?
Do you have backup history of chats?
Let's assume you don't, what about your husband’s chat history?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
Dydaa:
No i havnt. I will look up on play store and see what it looks like.
No dats one thin i dont have. I jst end chats and neva back up cry. We both dont save chats. Infact i use to but wen i complained of fone hanging. Our media had close to a thousand pix, he asked me to end chat mayb its part of wats taking up space and i did. Nd frm tym to tym i end chat. He does too.
Is der a way of retrieving info? We jst hav watsapp video call thats like every single day but d log is short

Your husband might have unknowingly backed up, if not.... No way to retrieve messages, without backup.....

You just send pictures to freeprints, pay for postage and get your pictures posted (like the good old days)......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
im not sure he did. will ask him tho.
Oh okk! tnx for ur response. So yea proper pictures should b printed. Will do dat. B bck wen i have more questions.
Tnx Lexus
Lexusgs430:

Your husband might have unknowingly backed up, if not.... No way to retrieve messages, without backup.....

You just send pictures to freeprints, pay for postage and get your pictures posted (like the good old days)......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
Dydaa:
im not sure he did. will ask him tho.
Oh okk! tnx for ur response. So yea proper pictures should b printed. Will do dat. B bck wen i have more questions.
Tnx Lexus

You can print them on A4 sheets if you want to, but since a service is available, why not seize the opportunity and you can have copies for future reviews (all you pay is P&P)...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hello to everyone
Please what is the best way to contact TLS application centre ikeja Lagos. Any Phone number.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 11:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
Show1223:
Hello all, gurus in the house pls help me see to this. I did biometrics since 22 may 2018, got a mail on 28 Aug 2018 that decision has been taken, which was about the 70th day, but since then I haven't heard anything, sent escalation mail to visa Sheffield but they said it's no more within their capacity, though they will help escalate to passport handlers( which I guess is tls). And it's not updated on the tracker, that decision has been made or that my passport is ready.
[color=#006600][/color]
Pls what do u suggest I do? Waiting 70 days wasn't easy for me, not to be be increasing to 80 days as we speak. Thank you

You should head to tls and check if your passport is there already
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 11:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Minnienellie24:

Congratulations @claremont

Please dont encourage others to go against the stated rule. That it worked (luck) for you doesnt render it void. You can give it a trial for your on-coming spouse visa.

THE 28 DAYS RULE IS VERY IMPORTANT AS AT TODAY. FUTURE APPLICANTS PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

Word!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2018
Dydaa:
Hi everyone!

New here. ive gone thru d thread but mehn jst 100pages bckwards and eye dey turn me. But i thnk iv got ans to some of my questions already.

Ok! so hubby and eye did our registry in april i thnk. he is a british citizen. we have a daughter who is 18months who was born in the United states but we applied for her British passport early this yr in Feb and we have that too. So naija don tire me oo, we plan to join him soon. We had to wait for the 6 months pay slip which wil b complete by d end of d month and yr it equates to 18600 at d end of d yr. He has all d tenancy agreement documents we used for our daughter passport application. i work for the government here and can include my payslips. I did my masters in d UK so dnt nid d NARIC cert or ielts! i thnk im almost ready to go. my P now is communication log oooo. we dont do facebook or bbm. jst watsapp and i change fones constantly and end chats too once my fone starts to hang. so dont hv chats that go wayyy back. we have some pictures from our trad, our registry, during my dotas birth he was der too and her 1st bday which we also celebrated in d US early ds yr. do i really hv any think to b scared of? lastly plz how do i print out the pictures? picture cards or on plain paper? plz i nid help wt these and any other info needed. tnx

Hi @Dydaa Just to point something out from your post "I did my masters in d UK so dnt nid d NARIC cert or ielts!" I would advise that to be on a safe side, you get the NARIC certificate even though you had studied in the UK. We have seen cases where those that presented just their UK M.Sc certificates without the NARIC got refused. Better safe than sorry. Good-luck with your application.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
Minnienellie24:

Hi @Dydaa Just to point something out from your post "I did my masters in d UK so dnt nid d NARIC cert or ielts!" I would advise that to be on a safe side, you get the NARIC certificate even though you had studied in the UK. We have seen cases where those that presented just their UK M.Sc certificates without the NARIC got refused. Better safe than sorry. Good-luck with your application.
[color=#006600][/color]

I studied in the UK and used my masters cert and was granted didn'tdo any Naric ... from reading through this thread i havent seen anyone that used their masters obatined from d uk and got refused based on that....

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Msmerciee: 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2018
Country Applying from: Nigeria/Lagos/Ikeja
Type of Visa applied for: Spouse/ settlement/priority
Online application submitted: 3rd July 2018
Biometrics: 17th of July 2018
Supporting documents sent to shelfield: 20th of July 2018
Application been prepared by ECO: 30th of July 2018
Escalation made: 3rd of August after 33 working days
Decision made email: Never received from UKVI
Decision email from TLS: 7th of Sept 2018
Passport ready for collection:7th of sept 2018
Passport collected: 10th of sept 2018
VISA APPROVED
37 BD from biometrics to Decison made. Quick enough especially with the backlogs they are experiencing at the moment.
Decision was made on 4/09/2018
Super excited extremely grateful to God.
Major Shout out to Lexus you are an amazing person. More wisdom
My prayer is that any one expecting their good news will get it as soon as possible in Jesus name.
Most importantly for those who are about to apply don’t have any loose ends and if you do its very important to back your loose ends with an explanatory letter.Who knows it might just save you alot of money.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
Extremebeau:

[color=#006600][/color]

I studied in the UK and used my masters cert and was granted didn'tdo any Naric ... from reading through this thread i havent seen anyone that used their masters obatined from d uk and got refused based on that....

Wrong.... Read a few pages back... A lady applicant initially got refused, she paid for a fresh application and was successful......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
Msmerciee:

VISA APPROVED
37 BD from biometrics to Decison made. Quick enough especially with the backlogs they are experiencing at the moment.
My prayer is that any one expecting their good news will get it as soon as possible in Jesus name.
Most importantly for those who are about to apply don’t have any loose ends and if you do its very important to back your loose ends with an explanatory letter.Who knows it might just save you alot of money.

Congratulations......
For all the sleepless nights and deliberations, not forgetting your new found friend at Passport office. I think it is fair a 220% tithe payment is levied (payable only in £ or bitcoins).........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Msmerciee: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations......
For all the sleepless nights and deliberations, not forgetting your new found friend at Passport office. I think it is fair a 220% tithe payment is levied (payable only in £ or bitcoins).........

Sleepless nights are over�. Yeepa Lexus why my tithe plenty like this? What did i do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
Msmerciee:

Sleepless nights are over�. Yeepa Lexus why my tithe plenty like this? What did i do?

I think this is a fair percentage, I was initially contemplating 520%...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lets b clear on this please. Was she refused cos of d UK MAsters Cert and not NARIC/IELTS specifically? Abi dem no see am?

Lexusgs430:

Wrong.... Read a few pages back... A lady applicant initially got refused, she paid for a fresh application and was successful......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Dydaa: 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
Yea. From d pages iv bn thru i concluded that was enuff.
Extremebeau:

[color=#006600][/color]

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:54pm On Sep 10, 2018
Dydaa:
Lets b clear on this please. Was she refused cos of d UK MAsters Cert and not NARIC/IELTS specifically? Abi dem no see am?

I would not know. But I was just posting a reply, to disagree with your positional statement...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
Extremebeau:

[color=#006600][/color]

My advise is not based on what i read from this thread alone. I belong to some other groups that involves UK spouse visa. There is really no harm in trying one's luck or gambling. At the end of it, it is either head or tail. I Just felt the cost of application is too much to gamble with considering the cost that would be needed to be safer in this instance (e.g cost of NARIC cert). She can as well go with the UK Certificate as you did. Most of us came up with our ideas and advises about what is right or wrong based on our experiences and other people's...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
Minnienellie24:

My advise is not based on what i read from this thread alone. I belong to some other groups that involves UK spouse visa. There is really no harm in trying one's luck or gambling. At the end of it, it is either head or tail. I Just felt the cost of application is too much to gamble with considering the cost that would be needed to be safer in this instance (e.g cost of NARIC cert). She can as well go with the UK Certificate as you did. Most of us came up with our ideas and advises about what is right or wrong based on our experiences and other people's...

I totally agree with you, I joined other groups as well. I’ve seen at least 3 people that were refused based on that. All you can do in that situation is to blame the HO for putting JJCs in charge of something like that. After everything you still have to reapply or appeal. If you can afford it pls try n be on the safer side, good luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Priorygroup: 10:26pm On Sep 10, 2018
Amen oh.
Msmerciee:

VISA APPROVED

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kratos750cc: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hello guys. I am having a little difficulty completing the Appendix 2 form. So, we were applying under category A. However, there has been a payrise that reflects in my sponsors latest payslip. So my question is, do we change to Category B and submit 12 months payslips or do we stick with category A and explain the recent payrise. Pls I would be grateful for a response from anyone who has been in a similar situation.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

wink[color=#006600][/color]

It must have been d mistake of d eco looking at hers..it could also be she didnt explain it in her application form..its clearly stated in their rules if u hv a degree from the UK. U can submit it and be exempted..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 10:03am On Sep 12, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Minnienellie24:

This isnt the only forum i also belong to...its in their rules on the website, if u have a cert frm d uk u are exempted frm ielts or naric and u also hv the opportunity to give a good explanation on the application form..anyone that got refused based on putting their uk cert was a mistake on the part of the eco...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Loritess:

I totally agree with you, I joined other groups as well. I’ve seen at least 3 people that were refused based on that. All you can do in that situation is to blame the HO for putting JJCs in charge of something like that. After everything you still have to reapply or appeal. If you can afford it pls try n be on the safer side, good luck.

I guess one can fire serious prayer to follow d application because different ppl look at d application ...because i cant imagine going to pay Naric again after having 2 masters degrees from d UK...for me i put in those and explained properly in my application form why i am exempted.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 10:34am On Sep 12, 2018
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

This isnt the only forum i also belong to...its in their rules on the website, if u have a cert frm d uk u are exempted frm ielts or naric and u also hv the opportunity to give a good explanation on the application form..anyone that got refused based on putting their uk cert was a mistake on the part of the eco...

It was only an advise I offered and not a mandatory option. If we dont have people that made one mistake or the other, we wont know what to guard against. But I just feel it is better safe than sorry.. Even if it is the fault of the ECO, that will not exempt one from paying for re application or will that cut the time appeal will take. WE JUST NEED TO BE WISE AND CAUTIOUS saving ourselves time and money..

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2018
Extremebeau:
[color=#006600][/color]

I guess one can fire serious prayer to follow d application because different ppl look at d application ...because i cant imagine going to pay Naric again after having 2 masters degrees from d UK...for me i put in those and explained properly in my application form why i am exempted.
Including it in ones cover letter and laying emphasis on it will be the best bet.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2018
Minnienellie24:

if she wants to go ahead with application without naric stuff let her go ahead. Its her money i know you just trying to help. If she comes out successfully without it others can learn if doesn't others will still learn.
A word is enough for the wise.

It was only an advise I offered and not a mandatory option. If we dont have people that made one mistake or the other, we wont know what to guard against. But I just feel it is better safe than sorry.. Even if it is the fault of the ECO, that will not exempt one from paying for re application or will that cut the time appeal will take. WE JUST NEED TO BE WISE AND CAUTIOUS saving ourselves time and money..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
Loritess:
Including it in ones cover letter and laying emphasis on it will be the best bet.

I’ll advice you to have UK Naric or contact UKVI.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Loritess: 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
deji2009:

I’ll advice you to have UK Naric or contact UKVI.
Ermm, I’m not the person involved.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ManlikeTee: 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2018
Maximum respect to you all in the house... I greet una. I have been a silent reader of this great page and I just decided to create an account on nairaland as i am about to start the visa application. To be sincere, you guys are the best. I got a lot of info right here about the UK spouse visa application. kudos to you all !!!

Please, I have a question for you all in the house. My question is a bit different from most questions have seen on this page. I am a Nigerian living in Europe(Not UK) on a student Visa. I'm done with my studies and still have about 8 months left on my student visa. I am about to submit my UK spouse visa application and I have to show them my immigration status in EU since I am not applying from Nigeria. Please note that my resident permit in EU is a card and not on my passport.

My question is do you think I should include my resident permit(card) in my supporting documents or a certified copy of my resident permit is good enough? I don't know what to do and I actually can't do without my residence card for 3 months.

I look forward to reading from you guys.

Bless up !!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:24am On Sep 13, 2018
ManlikeTee:
Maximum respect to you all in the house... I greet una. I have been a silent reader of this great page and I just decided to create an account on nairaland as i am about to start the visa application. To be sincere, you guys are the best. I got a lot of info right here about the UK spouse visa application. kudos to you all !!!

Please, I have a question for you all in the house. My question is a bit different from most questions have seen on this page. I am a Nigerian living in Europe(Not UK) on a student Visa. I'm done with my studies and still have about 8 months left on my student visa. I am about to submit my UK spouse visa application and I have to show them my immigration status in EU since I am not applying from Nigeria. Please note that my resident permit in EU is a card and not on my passport.

My question is do you think I should include my resident permit(card) in my supporting documents or a certified copy of my resident permit is good enough? I don't know what to do and I actually can't do without my residence card for 3 months.

I look forward to reading from you guys.

Bless up !!!

Why don't you time your application perfectly, so you submit your application at a time when your card is not required or alternatively, pay for priority application?

All important documents you submit, must be original.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 11:40am On Sep 13, 2018
Launna29:

Yes when I initially paid for mine and our application. But they later emailed me with a link to pay for his IHS.

Priority

I paid my daughter's IHS last week Friday, I initially got the £0 with the IHS ref and later paid with
the link that was sent and emailed them at the contact address included with it. I cant wait for my
entitlement to get my wife and daugter visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.