Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,735 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039674 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by RubyOgex(f): 1:24am On Dec 01, 2022
please guys, I'm planning my wedding next year with a UK citizen. We don't even know anything about the spousal visa application. can it be applied here in Nigeria? please i need guidelines in details , i just joined this tread today. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 11:39am On Dec 01, 2022
Yes, you can apply from Nigeria.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/appendixfm
RubyOgex:
please guys, I'm planning my wedding next year with a UK citizen. We don't even know anything about the spousal visa application. can it be applied here in Nigeria? please i need guidelines in details , i just joined this tread today. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by RubyOgex(f): 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2022
What does your situation allow? It is not about what's more preferable but what's more realistic. If you live in Nigeria, the logical thing is to apply from Nigeria, If you live in the UK on a visa that allows you to live/work in the UK, then you apply in the UK.
If you live in Nigeria and want to apply in the UK outside these two scenarios, then you need to be unmarried and apply for a fiance visa to the UK, get married within 6 months of getting to the UK and apply immediately after - this is more expensive as you'll be pay more in visa fees.
RubyOgex:
but which is more preferable? applying in UK or Nigeria?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Dec 03, 2022
@mimilyrics

Thanks for helping out here as well as the thread was kind of abounded for sometime now

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Smile4ever126: 12:37am On Dec 05, 2022
Hello guys I am new to this forum and I would like someone to help me out so my uk visa was overturned and I have submitted my passport since 25th of October and still haven’t heard anything so I was thinking of going to the ikeja on Wednesday to check if my passport is available cause I stay in Ibadan �
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Smile4ever126: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2022
Hello guys I am new to this forum and I would like someone to help me out so my uk visa was overturned and I have submitted my passport since 25th of October and still haven’t heard anything so I was thinking of going to the ikeja on Wednesday to check if my passport is available cause I stay in Ibadan Because the embassy Will be going on holiday very soon can someone please help me out on what to do please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
No one can give you a timeline for this because it is outside the regular visa processing times.
Smile4ever126:
Hello guys I am new to this forum and I would like someone to help me out so my uk visa was overturned and I have submitted my passport since 25th of October and still haven’t heard anything so I was thinking of going to the ikeja on Wednesday to check if my passport is available cause I stay in Ibadan �

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 5:55pm On Dec 05, 2022
Smile4ever126:

I will advise you to wait a little bit so you don’t waste your time going to Ikeja for nothing, it’s just 6 working days since you submitted your passport, at least wait till the end of the week.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Smile4ever126: 2:11am On Dec 06, 2022
youniq:

I will advise you to wait a little bit so you don’t waste your time going to Ikeja for nothing, it’s just 6 working days since you submitted your passport, at least wait till the end of the week.

So you don’t have any idea when I will get an email to
Come pick it cause it’s a settlement visa please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by RubyOgex(f): 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2022
The man being a UK citizen, doesn't he has the right to go back to his country and apply after the wedding in Nigeria. or it must be where the lady lives?
mimilyrics:
What does your situation allow? It is not about what's more preferable but what's more realistic. If you live in Nigeria, the logical thing is to apply from Nigeria, If you live in the UK on a visa that allows you to live/work in the UK, then you apply in the UK.
If you live in Nigeria and want to apply in the UK outside these two scenarios, then you need to be unmarried and apply for a fiance visa to the UK, get married within 6 months of getting to the UK and apply immediately after - this is more expensive as you'll be pay more in visa fees.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimilyrics: 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
It isn't the man that wants to come to the UK, it is the lady and if the lady doesn't have a visa that allows her to live/work in the UK, she can't make an application in and from the UK. If she lives in Nigeria, she has to apply in Nigeria.
RubyOgex:
The man being a UK citizen, doesn't he has the right to go back to his country and apply after the wedding in Nigeria. or it must be where the lady lives?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
Smile4ever126:

So you don’t have any idea when I will get an email to
Come pick it cause it’s a settlement visa please

I don’t have an idea but you can check with them next week when it would have gotten to 15 working days.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
Good evening everyone, please i would like to ask these questions as i will be applying for a Spouse visa by January.

1. How do i scan my marriage certificate to be in A4 size?
2. Do i need police clearance for my application?
3. How long does it take to get a decision after biometric appointment
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by youniq: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2022
jemmyjae:
Good evening everyone, please i would like to ask these questions as i will be applying for a Spouse visa by January.

1. How do i scan my marriage certificate to be in A4 size?
2. Do i need police clearance for my application?
3. How long does it take to get a decision after biometric appointment

1. I scanned it on my phone and printed in A4 and rescanned again.
2. You don’t need police clearance for spouse settlement visa.
3. Within 120 working days.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jaja01(m): 12:44am On Feb 10, 2023
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
Jaja01:
Good morning guys, please I have something I wanna be sure about and I need an answer ASAP..... The letter head of the letter from the sponsor's employer is addressed to which Embassy (Nigeria or UK)?
Because my wife showed me the letter she got from her employer and it has the address of her place of work (which is correct) and this " To whom it may concern
Nigeria High Commission
9 Northemberland Avenue
London,
WC2N 5BX
(Not sure if the Embassy address is the right one to use since I'm the one going to the UK)
Hi, the letter is usually addressed to the UK embassy. As at the time we applied, we used the address in Lagos cos we didn’t know the uk address, I think it should be the Sheffield one. Either way, it should be addressed to the UK embassy.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jaja01(m): 8:18am On Feb 15, 2023
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by cajaah: 5:16am On Feb 18, 2023
hi
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LOVELYnessbynat(f): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2023
Hi everyone, is there priority visa application in nigeria.
How many months of bills are we to submit please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
LOVELYnessbynat:
Hi everyone, is there priority visa application in nigeria.
How many months of bills are we to submit please

I think priority visa application has resumed. For further information, go to TLContact website(the centre for submission of Nigerian visa application. I read there, that it costs £573 for priority(takes 30 days) while super priority costs £956 (decision by end of next working day).
As per the bills, I’m not quite sure of that as I only submitted 1 council tax, tenancy agreement, pictures of apartment, and no bills. Only 6 months bank statements , 6 months payslips, employment letter as well as correspondence etc. It’s 6 months of bank statements & payslip if the sponsor has been working in the same company for at least 6 months. Otherwise, it is 12months.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LOVELYnessbynat(f): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
Eastner:

I think priority visa application has resumed. For further information, go to TLContact website(the centre for submission of Nigerian visa application. I read there, that it costs £573 for priority(takes 30 days) while super priority costs £956 (decision by end of next working day).
As per the bills, I’m not quite sure of that as I only submitted 1 council tax, tenancy agreement, pictures of apartment, and no bills. Only 6 months bank statements , 6 months payslips, employment letter as well as correspondence etc. It’s 6 months of bank statements & payslip if the sponsor has been working in the same company for at least 6 months. Otherwise, it is 12months.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by CanadaQueen: 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
Hi guys, please I have a question. If I marry a UK citizen today, can I go to the embassy like immediately to apply for spousal visa?
What are the documents il need to submit pls?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
CanadaQueen:
Hi guys, please I have a question. If I marry a UK citizen today, can I go to the embassy like immediately to apply for spousal visa?
What are the documents il need to submit pls?
Yes, you can apply for a spouse visa. However, you need to provide the genuineness of your relationship up until the marriage. Check the link for more information.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by HemmieyH(m): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2023
Good evening house, here on behalf of my sister, she was refused because she wrote the wrong IELTS test even after getting band 7. Her husband is applying through a firm in the uk and she was told to write the a1 English test. She already booked the test, Checked out the exam past questions and I think she should be good. Hope she will be approved if she passes the test cos am worried for her
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Eastner: 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
HemmieyH:
Good evening house, here on behalf of my sister, she was refused because she wrote the wrong IELTS test even after getting band 7. Her husband is applying through a firm in the uk and she was told to write the a1 English test. She already booked the test, Checked out the exam past questions and I think she should be good. Hope she will be approved if she passes the test cos am worried for her
Once she passes the test and also meets the other requirements stated on the gov.uk website. She’s good to go.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by HemmieyH(m): 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
Thank you… that was the only reason stated for refusal
Eastner:

Once she passes the test and also meets the other requirements stated on the gov.uk website. She’s good to go.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by omo4me(f): 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
Good day all,do anyone know if I can send my passport through DHL to Tls Ikeja,I won my appeal and I’m required to resubmit my passport
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by HemmieyH(m): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
She got her visa last week after taking the correct test…. Thank you
Eastner:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by evenda: 8:33am On Aug 19, 2023
This is regarding the finance aspect. My husband who is on spouse visa (2nd half of the 5yrs) is currently apply for his last child to join him.
My salary is enough to cover the financial requirements (after adding all other children) but his is below.
Is it sufficient if I provide only my financial evidence for this application, or does he need to provide his too?

We can provide his but it is too tedious going to get a letter from his previous employers as they need 12months evidence.

My question is: the child in question is dependent on him not me but since we are married, Can we only provide my payslips and bank statements for this application or do we need his too?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Omerobaba: 4:45am On Aug 27, 2023
@mamaeee please mama, I need your advice here urgently. So my partner and I got married early this year. Prior to that, we have been in an off and on relationship before she decided to divorce in order for us to make our Union official. My concern now is that the marriage certificate will bear my surname, but her passport bears her surname from her previous marriage, of which she just got it November last year and our wedding was in January. Please will this have any effect towards our visa application? If yes, kindly advise what to do accordingly. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.