Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037509 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:32am On Jul 19, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - what did your solicitor say?

Yet to hear from her, I will update you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
@DUNIQUE, I got that same mail. The do nothing.

@ justwise we will contact them during this week. We got the letter on Fri.

@hopeforallone they claimed not to see some documents sent in with my application. P60 and some pay slips and employers letters. Which we sent. So we sent them with the appeal

DUNIQUE1:
My partner earns more than the required amount, the issue is that we left out some payslips and that has been included with the appeal, my initial application was refused on the basis that my relationship wasn't genuine and that they are not satisfied with my partners earning because some documents were missing, I wasn't suppose to be part of the people on hold because they already included the financial requirement in my initial refusal, so this new email is either a duplicate or they are just being lazy as usual, but I am confident I meet all the requirement, so I just need to clarify that with them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:40am On Jul 20, 2014
sunnychic: @DUNIQUE, I got that same mail. The do nothing.

@ justwise we will contact them during this week. We got the letter on Fri.

@hopeforallone they claimed not to see some documents sent in with my application. P60 and some pay slips and employers letters. Which we sent. So we sent them with the appeal

@ Sunnychic, when did you send in your appeal? I guess mine is going court cause it was that stupid email I got instead of them updating me about my appeal. 19 weeks deadline is gone now!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
They didn't update us too. Just sent that revised do-nothing email.

We sent our appeal sometime in Jan. So u cn imagine getting a February date. Its the height of unfairness if u ask me.

DUNIQUE1:
@ Sunnychic, when did you send in your appeal? I guess mine is going court cause it was that stupid email I got instead of them updating me about my appeal. 19 weeks deadline is gone now!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
I'll try to get a response from them seeing as they haven't even contacted the tribunal.

DUNIQUE1:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
ingred: thank u goodday justwise, jusst a few question on my son part. note that he is 17 yrs old, living wth me, But there are saying. You have submitted evidence of your living arrangement or person circumstances in ja. Can u hepl me plz, what can i show as evidence.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
ingred:

That statement is not complete, can you write out what the ECO said completely?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 6:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
justwise:

That statement is not complete, can you write out what the ECO said completely?
ok, they said you ave appiled for entry clearance as a dependant of (my name), who is sponsored by her husband, (hubby name), you mprovied a copy of your birth certificate, which confirm your relationship to your mother, as well as a copy your step dad british passport, as your mother bee refuse, you who has applied to accompany her, also fall for refusal, I AM THEREFORE NOT SATISFIED THE PARENT THAT YOU ARE SEEKING TO ACCOMPANY IS PRESENT AND SETTLE IN THE UNITED KINDOM, You ave submitted no evidence of your living arrangement or personal circumtances in jamaica, Also you provied no evidence regarding any serious or compelling familial matters or consideration. I AM NT THEREFORE SATIFIED THAT THERE ARE SERIOUS AND COMPELLING FAMILY OR OTHER CONSIDERATION WHICH MAKE YOUR EXCLUSION UNDESIRABLE.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
ingred: ok, they said you ave appiled for entry clearance as a dependant of (my name), who is sponsored by her husband, (hubby name), you mprovied a copy of your birth certificate, which confirm your relationship to your mother, as well as a copy your step dad british passport, as your mother bee refuse, you who has applied to accompany her, also fall for refusal, I AM THEREFORE NOT SATISFIED THE PARENT THAT YOU ARE SEEKING TO ACCOMPANY IS PRESENT AND SETTLE IN THE UNITED KINDOM, You ave submitted no evidence of your living arrangement or personal circumtances in jamaica, Also you provied no evidence regarding any serious or compelling familial matters or consideration. I AM NT THEREFORE SATIFIED THAT THERE ARE SERIOUS AND COMPELLING FAMILY OR OTHER CONSIDERATION WHICH MAKE YOUR EXCLUSION UNDESIRABLE.
THIS IS MY SON REFUSAL LETTER, HE IS 17 YRS OLD
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
sunnychic: They didn't update us too. Just sent that revised do-nothing email.

We sent our appeal sometime in Jan. So u cn imagine getting a February date. Its the height of unfairness if u ask me.

@ Sunnychic, I also sent my appeal in January and they took money in February, so have they given you a court date to be February or what are you saying exactly about the unfairness. Sorry to bother you! Cause they haven't said anything about my appeal, it's just that email I got.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
What I said is that the visa office hasn't replied my mail but the tribunal sent a February date. But they said the visa office hasn't contacted them.

DUNIQUE1:
@ Sunnychic, I also sent my appeal in January and they took money in February, so have they given you a court date to be February or what are you saying exactly about the unfairness. Sorry to bother you! Cause they haven't said anything about my appeal, it's just that email I got.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
sunnychic: What I said is that the visa office hasn't replied my mail but the tribunal sent a February date. But they said the visa office hasn't contacted them.

So you got that date from tribunal? what did you do to get the date? Cause I may have to do the same instead of waiting on these miserable people.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2014
I didn't do anything. They just sent it but we didn't know cos my husband is here in naija.

DUNIQUE1:
So you got that date from tribunal? what did you do to get the date? Cause I may have to do the same instead of waiting on these miserable people.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 12:29am On Jul 21, 2014
sunnychic: I didn't do anything. They just sent it but we didn't know cos my husband is here in naija.

Oh, so they sent it through post to your husband's address or they sent it to your representative? Are you using a representative at all? Please don't say I am asking too much questions
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:59am On Jul 21, 2014
sunnychic: I didn't do anything. They just sent it but we didn't know cos my husband is here in naija.

@Sunnychic, so u mean you appealed your refusal in January 2014 and it's going to court in Februaury 2015?

Please confirm if this is what you are saying. Also sorry to ask, is it only the financial ground you were refused on, or where there other refusal reasons.

This seems incredibly harsh! I can't believe it!
Please tell me I have misunderstood you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 10:12am On Jul 21, 2014
Hopeforallone: All this was declared in the first application. Well we are going to court in September so they probably will not overturn it.

Thanks anyway

@ Hopeforall,

Your partners deadline was sometime in June/July I believe, and you sadly got referred to court in September.

So this was within 2-3 months you got a court date? Please confirm if I'm correct.

I think I've read a forum mate whose just got a court date for February next year- (I.e approx. 7 months after the 19 week expiry date.)

I'm just curious to confirm which one it is- 8-12 weeks or 6-7months?!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:57am On Jul 21, 2014
Ikato3540:

@ Hopeforall,

Your partners deadline was sometime in June/July I believe, and you sadly got referred to court in September.

So this was within 2-3 months you got a court date? Please confirm if I'm correct.

I think I've read a forum mate whose just got a court date for February next year- (I.e approx. 7 months after the 19 week expiry date.)

I'm just curious to confirm which one it is- 8-12 weeks or 6-7months?!

This is exactly what is worrying me aswell, for Hopeforallone, the court date is fair enough but for sunnychic, that is way out of order! We can't sit here and let all these people run our lives like we are animals, I believe if we don't meet the requirement, none of us will be stupid enough to waste over 1200 pounds just on visa fees and then other expenses like printing out documents, solicitor charges and I even had to pay accountant fees. If they will give someone 7months court date after a 19 weeks wait already, then they must be having a laugh. Something has to be done cause this isn't funny anymore.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 11:24am On Jul 21, 2014
I'm saying this, to let you know that you're not alone. All we need is "patience". Whether we like it or not, this is a "waiting game" and UKBA doesn't care, we can only beat ourselves.
To all my brothers and sisters, Please, it isn't easy at all, but we need to be patience and continue pray. It doesn't matter about how long it takes, but the positive outcome is the best. God bless you all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2014
Lasmab: I'm saying this, to let you know that you're not alone. All we need is "patience". Whether we like it or not, this is a "waiting game" and UKBA doesn't care, we can only beat ourselves.
To all my brothers and sisters, Please, it isn't easy at all, but we need to be patience and continue pray. It doesn't matter about how long it takes, but the positive outcome is the best. God bless you all.

I get your point about they run the show, but a little pressure can be put on them by creating a social network page and get people to support and like the page, I know some racist British citizen will come and make stupid comments, but in the end, I say if we meet the requirements, we shouldn't be treated like we don't.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 11:38am On Jul 21, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

This is exactly what is worrying me aswell, for Hopeforallone, the court date is fair enough but for sunnychic, that is way out of order! We can't sit here and let all these people run our lives like we are animals, I believe if we don't meet the requirement, none of us will be stupid enough to waste over 1200 pounds just on visa fees and then other expenses like printing out documents, solicitor charges and I even had to pay accountant fees. If they will give someone 7months court date after a 19 weeks wait already, then they must be having a laugh. Something has to be done cause this isn't funny anymore.

I can't believe this.

I can foresee that the home office would now refuse to overturn as many cases as possible even where it is so GLARING that they've made a mistake.

Just to make it a lot longer, a lot more difficult, a lot more stressful, and much more frustrating.

I've done some quick research and discovered that the the HO has around 12 weeks to send the appeal bundle to the tribunal, after that period the tribunal has 56 days (sometimes slightly more) to set a hearing date.

So I gather this means in the case of a backlog, after 19 weeks, the HO then have 12 further weeks to send the appeal bundle?

Something like Approx 7.5 months?!

It's a VERY long process which unfortunately isn't justified a lot of the time. Sad part is that it's going to be a brief court session and that's it.

After ( if there's a positive outcome) then you begin the final lap of the chase for the Spouse visa.

Which is the chase up of UKBA to call for the passport.

So let's just basically, to cut a long horrific story short.

say that once an initial visa is refused, just go to sleep and wake up 18 months later!

It's very bad- I can't believe it.

I really can't believe it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 11:51am On Jul 21, 2014
@Dunique1 the tibunal usually snds a date for court hearing around the 19 week even if thehome office has not responded. They also let d home office know so they can send a representative. if d homeoffice has not looked into ur case before d hearin date they might look in and overturn d case before then. JUST pray
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 11:56am On Jul 21, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

I get your point about they run the show, but a little pressure can be put on them by creating a social network page and get people to support and like the page, I know some racist British citizen will come and make stupid comments, but in the end, I say if we meet the requirements, we shouldn't be treated like we don't.

@ Dunique,

You see the thing is that I've been on NL for 11 months now... Reading and following silently. Watching and learning from the experience of others.

Rejoicing with people who had remarkable success stories and sympathise with those who made "unforgivable" errors too.

This was before I decided to make my own application. I read success stories stories like that of Lamosy, Girlfio, Funkybaby, and sooo many more.

During their time they usually complained about the process and I could understand, and after like 6-9 months, max 10 months, they ALL had a success story to tell.

Never ( except for the unforgettable case of Leeon 2011) did an appeal seem to go one for ages....

The HO used to overturn cases when they really should have been overturned. But now I cannot understand why you would send the HO documents which are genuine, which are written in English language, and which prove you meet the requirements; only for the HO to return these documents back to you, and refuse you for not submitting them!!!!

Somebody pls help me?! I'm like going mental here.

Then forcing you to go to appeal, and then refuse to overturn still yet. ( probably becos they are too busy) Then turn you towards the direction of the court?!

I don't understand!!!!!

I've read the case of a refusal due to financial reasons.

They "claim not to have seen" some documents which were resent by the applicant on appeal.

The sponsor PAID THE HMRC TAX of £15,900 in the financial year relied upon.

And the HO refused saying they didn't meet the financial requirement.

Even after ALL documents ( relevant and irrelevant ALL) sent??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ikato3540:

I can't believe this.

I can foresee that the home office would now refuse to overturn as many cases as possible even where it is so GLARING that they've made a mistake.

Just to make it a lot longer, a lot more difficult, a lot more stressful, and much more frustrating.

I've done some quick research and discovered that the the HO has around 12 weeks to send the appeal bundle to the tribunal, after that period the tribunal has 56 days (sometimes slightly more) to set a hearing date.

So I gather this means in the case of a backlog, after 19 weeks, the HO then have 12 further weeks to send the appeal bundle?

Something like Approx 7.5 months?!

It's a VERY long process which unfortunately isn't justified a lot of the time. Sad part is that it's going to be a brief court session and that's it.

After ( if there's a positive outcome) then you begin the final lap of the chase for the Spouse visa.

Which is the chase up of UKBA to call for the passport.

So let's just basically, to cut a long horrific story short.

say that once an initial visa is refused, just go to sleep and wake up 18 months later!

It's very bad- I can't believe it.

I really can't believe it.

@ Ikato3540, you really made me laugh this time, it is true all what you have written, this has been the toughest time of my life time, this will surely leave some kind of illness on someone's health with the rate at which someone think everyday about just one thing.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
shelair1: @Dunique1 the tibunal usually snds a date for court hearing around the 19 week even if thehome office has not responded. They also let d home office know so they can send a representative. if d homeoffice has not looked into ur case before d hearin date they might look in and overturn d case before then. JUST pray

@ Shelair1, my 19 weeks deadline finished on the 19 July which is some days ago, do you reckon if I get my partner to call up the tribunal now, that there will be a date set already for my case, just that they are yet to send me a confirmation of that.
Can someone please send me the Contact details for the tribunal, so I can speak to them now. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

Social network ko; social media ni.

I think they really need to give YOU that visa sharp sharp!!! This delay isn't doing you ANY good at all.

See us expressing anger and frustration, then you come up with "social media" volcabulary?!

Bruv, I need to include you in my prayers.

Lol.... grin

P.S what more can we do? As Lasmab pointed out rightly, we are all not alone. Some of us hibernate for a while then come here to exhibit the impact of this process (ie moments of madness)

Most important thing to know is that SURELY ONE DAY, all this NONSENSE would end.

We would come back to NL and watch the next batch of applicants face the music, and then would we remember the time....

Don't worry. There is HOPE FOR ALL.

IJN! AMEN!!!! wink
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ikato3540:

Social network ko; social media ni.

I think they really need to give YOU that visa sharp sharp!!! This delay isn't doing you ANY good at all.

See us expressing anger and frustration, then you come up with "social media" volcabulary?!

Bruv, I need to include you in my prayers.

Lol.... grin

P.S what more can we do? As Lasmab pointed out rightly, we are all not alone. Some of us hibernate for a while then come here to exhibit the impact of this process (ie moments of madness)

Most important thing to know is that SURELY ONE DAY, all this NONSENSE would end.

We would come back to NL and watch the next batch of applicants face the music, and then would we remember the time....

Don't worry. There is HOPE FOR ALL.

IJN! AMEN!!!! wink
give me that tribunal phone number now if you don't want me to go mad again per time, it seems my solicitor is happy it went to court, cause she is already talking about it will cost thousands to get barrister.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

@ Shelair1, my 19 weeks deadline finished on the 19 July which is some days ago, do you reckon if I get my partner to call up the tribunal now, that there will be a date set already for my case, just that they are yet to send me a confirmation of that.
Can someone please send me the Contact details for the tribunal, so I can speak to them now. Thanks

The phone number is 0300 123 1711.

Have your ref number ready when u call them
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
shelair1: @Dunique1 the tibunal usually snds a date for court hearing around the 19 week even if thehome office has not responded. They also let d home office know so they can send a representative. if d homeoffice has not looked into ur case before d hearin date they might look in and overturn d case before then. JUST pray

Hi,

I gather your appeal was allowed when you went to court- CONGRATULATIONS to you....

How long was it before you got a court date? How long did u have to wait after the end of the 19 week period?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ikato3540:

Thanks for the phone number, I will get back to you guys with the feedback.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
@DUNIQUE and @Ikato3540

U guys read me right oh. They sent a letter to my husband and gave us a court date of February next year. Seeing as visa office hasn't contacted them why won't they do such stupidity?

I was refused on that they didn't see some documents which we sent and which we sent again with the appeal. They know they can get away with it so why bother being humane?

I am still yet to hear from the visa office. Also the visa office hasn't contacted the tribunal. And yes, it's getting worse with these immigration issues. We have to explore something else. I have had it up to here with being separated from my husband

Ikato3540:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
ingred: ok, they said you ave appiled for entry clearance as a dependant of (my name), who is sponsored by her husband, (hubby name), you mprovied a copy of your birth certificate, which confirm your relationship to your mother, as well as a copy your step dad british passport, as your mother bee refuse, you who has applied to accompany her, also fall for refusal, I AM THEREFORE NOT SATISFIED THE PARENT THAT YOU ARE SEEKING TO ACCOMPANY IS PRESENT AND SETTLE IN THE UNITED KINDOM, You ave submitted no evidence of your living arrangement or personal circumtances in jamaica, Also you provied no evidence regarding any serious or compelling familial matters or consideration. I AM NT THEREFORE SATIFIED THAT THERE ARE SERIOUS AND COMPELLING FAMILY OR OTHER CONSIDERATION WHICH MAKE YOUR EXCLUSION UNDESIRABLE.

Your refusal affected that of your son, he can not be given a visa while he is dependent on you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ Ikato3540 -The deadline was May and referred us to court in September so four months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.