Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,281 members, 7,957,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:20 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1070060 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ As far as am concerned these people are unpredictable they treat every case different, if all of you remember shelair her 19th week was middle of May and she got referred to court in July. That is very quick. Now for sunnychic these people can not be serious with that date surely.

@ Dunique - have you received any news from the tribunal yet?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by IGLE25(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
Please Nairalanders How do my Brother go about writing invitation letter to his wife to be in UK to visit Nigeria. What and what is needed and does he go about it... Just the writing of the invitation letter...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=sunnychic]@DUNIQUE and @Ikato3540

U guys read me right oh. They sent a letter to my husband and gave us a court date of February next year. Seeing as visa office hasn't contacted them why won't they do such stupidity?

I was refused on that they didn't see some documents which we sent and which we sent again with the appeal. They know they can get away with it so why bother being humane?

I am still yet to hear from the visa office. Also the visa office hasn't contacted the tribunal. And yes, it's getting worse with these immigration issues. We have to explore something else. I have had it up to here with being separated from my husband

[/quote

lipsrsealed my jaw just hit the ground!!!!!!! shocked
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
Pick it up, Ik. There is a way around this madness. I've just had enough really!!!

I ve decided not to let them get to me too much, it's too crazy for words. 7 months?!! Seriously??!!! Issokay!!

[quote author=Ikato3540][/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Ikato3540 -The deadline was May and referred us to court in September so four months.
@ Hopeforallone, you are lucky with that court date, are you using a representative and if so, what amount roughly are you looking at? Cause my solicitor is already scaring me.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
@justwise - Based on the refusal letter for my son, what information does he need to provided or is the appeal based solely on me proving/answering the points of my refusal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ DUNIQUE - We will support each other through this, I won't be one of those people who just come on here get what they need and not come back and help others this is what life is about. Solicitor fee's when I spoke to him last is about £700. What is he charging you? Hang on in there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
@Ikato3540
hi i appealed in dec got a confirmation in jan got a court hearin for july 3rd by may.that is a fw wks before d 19th wk. got my deterrmination on july 5. so now i am waiting for d visa. i dnt advise usin a solicitor they are all after money.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ Shelair - some of us have to use a solicitor our cases might be more severe than others?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ As far as am concerned these people are unpredictable they treat every case different, if all of you remember shelair her 19th week was middle of May and she got referred to court in July. That is very quick. Now for sunnychic these people can not be serious with that date surely.

@ Dunique - have you received any news from the tribunal yet?

Please everyone, advise me on this issue, my solicitor said I should wait cause the tribunal will soon send a letter to us confirming the set court date, does it make any difference if my partner call to ask for it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ Dunique - Even if you phone your court date will not change if you are going to court.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ DUNQUE - is your lawyer in London?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - Even if you phone your court date will not change if you are going to court.

Yeah I understand that, just wanted to know if it is guaranteed that a date is set cause it is just two days pass my deadline.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
sunnychic: Pick it up, Ik. There is a way around this madness. I've just had enough really!!!

I ve decided not to let them get to me too much, it's too crazy for words. 7 months?!! Seriously??!!! Issokay!!

@sunnychic, the silver lining for you is that they can still overturn your refusal at any stage as they haven't had the time to actually review their decision.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ DUNQUE - is your lawyer in London?

Yes she is there in London.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ Dunique - How much are they charging?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ikato3540

Thanks a lot. I appreciate ur concern. I'm trying to get my husband to look at other options while we wait. There has surely got to be a better way.
We are trying to call them. They should even use their mouths to say it. Haba!!

Ikato3540:
@sunnychic, the silver lining for you is that they can still overturn your refusal at any stage as they haven't had the time to actually review their decision.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
But do u think they can still review it? Or Can they just skip it seeing as it's past deadline date. Tossers!!!

Ikato3540:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - How much are they charging?
she has not said yet, but she told my wife we are looking at thousands if it goes to court, not even close to thousand but she put a S plural lol... please is there anyone who know a decent barrister who doesn't charge thousandssssss?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
sunnychic: But do u think they can still review it? Or Can they just skip it seeing as it's past deadline date. Tossers!!!

That is what my solicitor keeps saying, that even if a court date is set, they can still review it and change their mind before the set date
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ok then. No problem. Fingers crossed while we set to work on plan b.

DUNIQUE1:
That is what my solicitor keeps saying, that even if a court date is set, they can still review it and change their mind before the set date
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

YEAP!!!!

They can even "overturn" a day to court.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
DUNIQUE1: she has not said yet, but she told my wife we are looking at thousands if it goes to court, not even close to thousand but she put a S plural lol... please is there anyone who know a decent barrister who doesn't charge thousandssssss?

@Dunique, when we were planning the process, our solicitor also told us if it went to court it cld cost us "thousands" to hire a barrister too...

She said around £1,200 or £1,500.

It all depends on the grounds for refusal. If they are pretty straightforward like relationship and nothing else attached or insinuated, if u have ALL the evidence gathered to prove beyond reasonable doubt, to even the most insane person, then you may just want your partner and another go to court.

But if you have an issue where previous immigration history has cast doubt on credibility of your marriage, then you may want to use a barrister for your own peace of mind.

This is my opinion o. I only turned immigration adviser as a result of my personal experience and stories of others I've read both on NL and elsewhere..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
sunnychic: But do u think they can still review it? Or Can they just skip it seeing as it's past deadline date. Tossers!!!

@ Sunnychic,

I was thinking about your case today you know... And I think that it may be possible that it may not even have been reviewed by an ECM ( possibly aka another ECO)

So they cld still overturn it- they cld be busy and it's not unheard of that they overturn it at ANY time before court date.

The most important thing is for you to go over your refusal reason(s) and your appeal. If you have a simple case and you have strong appeal grounds, then take a chill pill.

Some people have more serious cases like where a refusal is under one of the tough sections of para 320.

They cannot tell how their case would go in court.

So it depends on the simplicity or complexity of your individual case.

Do u actually think the HO would turn up in court, if you actually 100% meet the financial requirement, and you have produced the evidence beyond reasonable doubt to prove this?

I can put money on it that they wldnt bother. What wld they come and say?

It's just the time, and uncertainty of knowing when IT would happen. That creates anxiety.

At least you get to see your husband which is good and which I'm sure helps.

So pray and I pray for you in my heart that things would resolve sooner than later.

For us all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ikato3540:

@Dunique, when we were planning the process, our solicitor also told us if it went to court it cld cost us "thousands" to hire a barrister too...

She said around £1,200 or £1,500.

It all depends on the grounds for refusal. If they are pretty straightforward like relationship and nothing else attached or insinuated, if u have ALL the evidence gathered to prove beyond reasonable doubt, to even the most insane person, then you may just want your partner and another go to court.

But if you have an issue where previous immigration history has cast doubt on credibility of your marriage, then you may want to use a barrister for your own peace of mind.

This is my opinion o. I only turned immigration adviser as a result of my personal experience and stories of others I've read both on NL and elsewhere..

When you say another, whom are you referring to? My mother in-law is willing to go to the court with my partner if we use a barrister or not, but about the immigration history, I overstayed my student visa after they refused to renew it, anything outside that then I am good to go, they have doubted my marriage for four years, I don't think they can chat anymore bullocks anyway. But depending on God's blessing, I will like to use a Barrister still.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=Ikato3540]

@ Sunnychic,

I was thinking about your case today you know... And I think that it may be possible that it may not even have been reviewed by an ECM ( possibly aka another ECO)

So they cld still overturn it- they cld be busy and it's not unheard of that they overturn it at ANY time before court date.

The most important thing is for you to go over your refusal reason(s) and your appeal. If you have a simple case and you have strong appeal grounds, then take a chill pill.

Some people have more serious cases like where a refusal is under one of the tough sections of para 320.

Do u actually think the HO would turn up in court, if you actually 100% meet the financial requirement, and you have produced the evidence beyond reasonable doubt to prove this?

It's just the time, and uncertainty of knowing when IT would happen. That creates anxiety.

So pray and I pray for you in my heart that things would resolve sooner than later.

For us all. [/quote

My initial refusal reason was that they doubted the credibility of my marriage and also that some of my wife's payslip were missing, but I have plenty proofs of relationship and also I have got the full set of payslips, I don't know what else they might want to say now though... maybe they will say I am too young looooooool
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
I get u, Ikato3540. If it has been reviewed, they will have sent the bundle to the tribunal I guess. Or they would even have replied me or my husband.

Thank u for the encouragement. God bless u. I pray good news for u too. Thanks to everyone here. U guys are the sweetest.
God will see us all through this period in Jesus name. Amen.

Ikato3540:
@ Sunnychic,
For us all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
This whole process is so hard. It's difficult sometimes to give advise because they keep changing the goal posts. When we were going through the appeal process, as the UK based spouse I just had to fix in my mind to fight for my rights. The bottom line is, u are entitled to a family life and as long as u meet all of the requirements, you are well within your rights to pester them for answers, results and updates. Above all things, get close to God. He is the only one that will lead and guide you in to all truth. I could not have made it through without His favour, His Joy and His peace. Don't put your lives on hold because of these people. Gather your evidence, stay in contact with them and don't let up. Most importantly, take it to The Lord in prayer, put it in His hands, He will make ways were there appears to be none.....u will make it to the other side. Hebrews 13:6 reads "So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Stay strong my friends.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 12:17am On Jul 22, 2014
Thank u so much for your encouragement @ girlfio. God bless u loads.

girlfio: This whole process is so hard. It's difficult sometimes to give advise because they keep changing the goal posts. When we were going through the appeal process, as the UK based spouse I just had to fix in my mind to fight for my rights. The bottom line is, u are entitled to a family life and as long as u meet all of the requirements, you are well within your rights to pester them for answers, results and updates. Above all things, get close to God. He is the only one that will lead and guide you in to all truth. I could not have made it through without His favour, His Joy and His peace. Don't put your lives on hold because of these people. Gather your evidence, stay in contact with them and don't let up. Most importantly, take it to The Lord in prayer, put it in His hands, He will make ways were there appears to be none.....u will make it to the other side. Hebrews 13:6 reads "So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Stay strong my friends.
girlfio: This whole process is so hard. It's difficult sometimes to give advise because they keep changing the goal posts. When we were going through the appeal process, as the UK based spouse I just had to fix in my mind to fight for my rights. The bottom line is, u are entitled to a family life and as long as u meet all of the requirements, you are well within your rights to pester them for answers, results and updates. Above all things, get close to God. He is the only one that will lead and guide you in to all truth. I could not have made it through without His favour, His Joy and His peace. Don't put your lives on hold because of these people. Gather your evidence, stay in contact with them and don't let up. Most importantly, take it to The Lord in prayer, put it in His hands, He will make ways were there appears to be none.....u will make it to the other side. Hebrews 13:6 reads "So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Stay strong my friends.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 12:28am On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=sunnychic]Thank u so much for your encouragement @ girlfio. God bless u loads.

Thanks so much @ Girlfio..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 11:34am On Jul 22, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

When you say another, whom are you referring to? My mother in-law is willing to go to the court with my partner if we use a barrister or not, but about the immigration history, I overstayed my student visa after they refused to renew it, anything outside that then I am good to go, they have doubted my marriage for four years, I don't think they can chat anymore bullocks anyway. But depending on God's blessing, I will like to use a Barrister still.

@Dunique, where did u get married? In Nigeria or in the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 11:43am On Jul 22, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

@ Dunique, where did u get married? Nigeria or in the UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (511) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.