Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,081 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures (24450 Views)

Election Results With Pictures / IBB, Abdulsalami Reconcile Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State With Deputy Gov. / Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:
Anambra is the richest state in Nigeria and we have the highest IGR profile,the potentials for our future success is there and we cannot come second to any state. Peter Obi spent more money on infrastucture than any state. The man is God sent,

^^^Are you having a laugh ?
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by EASTSIDAZ: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
Projects in Onitsha that has reached stage and will be commissioned this year. International Hotel and Conference Center- Onitsha

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Abagworo(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
chino11:

My friend shut up. Anambra is the richest in the SE both on government and individual basis. Infact there individuals in Anambra that are richer than some states of SE.

Here is the ranking in the SE richest states:

Anambra

Abia

Enugu

Imo

Ebonyi

Maybe on individual basis "yes" but with reservations. More than half of Anambra live outside their State. In fact they are the most displaced Igbos followed by my own Imo(Mainly the Orlu area). However standard of living is much higher in Imo.

Like I said earlier I've withdrawn my criticism of Obi because I recently discovered that Anambra and most Nigerian States do not have the resources. I was erroneously comparing him with Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Lagos who are earning 5 times more than other States and having same level of responsibility. Truth be told the quality of roads done by Obi are poor but still good. He has managed his little resources better than Akpabio. Imagine if he gets 16 to 20billion a month like Akpabio.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by EASTSIDAZ: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Abagworo:

Maybe on individual basis "yes" but with reservations. More than half of Anambra live outside their State. In fact they are the most displaced Igbos followed by my own Imo(Mainly the Orlu area). However standard of living is much higher in Imo.

Like I said earlier I've withdrawn my criticism of Obi because I recently discovered that Anambra and most Nigerian States do not have the resources. I was erroneously comparing him with Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Lagos who are earning 5 times more than other States and having same level of responsibility. Truth be told the quality of roads done by Obi are poor but still good. He has managed his little resources better than Akpabio. Imagine if he gets 16 to 20billion a month like Akpabio.

That Anambrans are all over the world does not still reduce the population of the state from being the highest in the SE zone. Infact the state is home to most SE people which makes its population to most Igbos who live in Anambra. The fact is that Anambrans are capitalists, they are usually in the major cities as Lagos, Onitsha, PH and Kano. Again its not true that more than half of Anambran live elsewhere. Most Anambra families I know lives within the state. The fact is that while Anambra issue is different is because it has bulk (75%) of the big names that come out of SE.

Your comparison of Anambra with states that got higher allocation is born out mischieve and envy, because its not today that you knew that AK collects higher allocation than Anambra.

Presently Obi has grown Anambra IGR thru attracting big businesses and multinational to the state and above all the listing of Anambra as an oil producing state (13% derivation). This will effectively lunch Anambra to compete with states like Rivers in a fews years time. Even before Anambra became an oil state, the state's IGR is higher than most SE states.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Abagworo(m): 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Your comparison of Anambra with states that got higher allocation is born out mischieve and envy, because its not today that you knew that AK collects higher allocation than Anambra.

I have no cause to be envious of Anambra because I see them as Nigerians. I have always supported and defended Ngige and Soludo even till today. My problem with Peter Obi was his refusal to borrow.

Yes I always knew Akwa-Ibom collects higher allocation but didn't know the gap was that wide. I thought it was in the area of 6 to 7 billion but alas I discovered it was 16 to 20billion. That's more than the budget of many countries.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:43am On Jan 26, 2013
At 08.06 nice of Labaran to give the lady something for her time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzM3B_9kbw8
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:50am On Jan 26, 2013
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by BlackPikiN(m): 5:10am On Jan 26, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
At 08.06 nice of Labaran to give the lady something for her time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzM3B_9kbw8

I love that woman.
Mama Africa.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by OneNaira6: 5:15am On Jan 26, 2013
EASTSIDAZ: Projects in Onitsha that has reached stage and will be commissioned this year. International Hotel and Conference Center- Onitsha

My opinion of what is best for onitsha is for him to redo the entire community, not just one thing here and there. Nice project but I rather see "The "whole" onitsha project" where the entire place especially the onitsha main market is remodeled. The same for Aba, Nnewi, etc
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2013
One_Naira:

My opinion of what is best for onitsha is for him to redo the entire community, not just one thing here and there. Nice project but I rather see "The "whole" onitsha project" where the entire place especially the onitsha main market is remodeled. The same for Aba, Nnewi, etc

^^^Spot on!

Onitsha and Nnewi need special funds and attention; not just one or two areas/roads, but the entire towns. A 100 billion naira intervention would be ok for now, and these cities could more than pay for themselves when a conducive enabling environment is created for businesses to thrive.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
proud igbo nice video.. the library was named ( prof Kenneth dike) the first black vice chancellor in Africa the second name was (Prof onwumere)the first gold medalist in 1924 came from akwa, who won a gold medalist for British Empire for goldsmiths....respect man cool

O buro taata ka Anambra nye bere nsobgu no be today my brother... It is written... cool
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by asha80(m): 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Spot on!

Onitsha and Nnewi need special funds and attention; not just one or two areas/roads, but the entire towns. A 100 billion naira intervention would be ok for now, and these cities could more than pay for themselves when a conducive enabling environment is created for businesses to thrive.
100 billion naira is about the bugdet of anambra state for a year.the 2013 budget of the state is 110billion.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
Another .

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Nightshift(m): 4:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
A well integrated projects to open the East by encouraging easy movement and trade is needed if Ndigbo are serious about investments and poverty reductions. Would be great if Anambra, Enugu and with some investors role, could build a 100km rail line from Enugu to Onitsha. Trains running through the route every 20 minutes on both directions would unleash growth in trade that would give the state's economies double digits growth . Later Onitsha-Owerri-Aba route will follow. Enugu-Umuahia-Aba route is already built, but expansion and a joint-venture agreement with NRC is needed. Another 90km connection between Abakaliki and Enugu will be built as well. With a population of about 35 million , the South East is an economic miracle waiting to take off. The improvement in power supply , and the prospect of new power plants, should be a sign for our state governments to work together, seizing this new opportunity towards bringing about 'a German wonder' to Ndigbo. We cannot wait any longer, this is our time to get started !! Igbo businessmen and women should be encouraged to bring foreign partners to the region . We must provide conducive environment necessary for exploring our ingenuity, or else we waste .
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
Nightshift: A well integrated projects to open the East by encouraging easy movement and trade is needed if Ndigbo is serious about investments and poverty reductions. Would be great if Anambra, Enugu and with some investors role, could build a 100km rail line from Enugu to Onitsha. Trains running through the route every 20 minutes on both directions would unleash growth in trade that would give the state's economies a double digit growth . Later Onitsha-Owerri-Aba route will follow. Enugu-Umuahia-Aba route is already built, but expansion and a joint-venture agreement with NRC is needed. Another 90km connection between Abakaliki and Enugu will be built as well. With a population of about 35 million , the South East is an economic miracle waiting to take off. The improvement in power supply , and the prospect of new power plants, should be a sign for our state governments to work together to seize this new opportunity to bring about 'a German wonder' to Ndigbo. We cannot wait any longer, this is our time to get started !! Igbo businessmen and women should be encouraged to bring foreign partners to the region . We must provide conducive environment necessary for exploring our ingenuity, or else we waste .
All this is talk until a concerted effort is made to make it a reality. The crop of SE governors we have are not thinking far. Imagine selling this idea to a Martin Elechi or Theodore Orji.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by asha80(m): 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2013
Maku calls for ban on ‘tokunbo’ as NGGT team visits first indigenous Auto Manufacturing Plant.
: January 26th, 2013 : Latest News, Press Releases
INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Co. Ltd,

The Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku has said that if emerging indigenous car manufacturers are going to remain in business there is then the need to ban the importation of fairly used vehicles, commonly known as ‘Tokunbo’ into the country.

Speaking in Nnewi, Anambra State when he led members of the National Good Governance Tour on an inspection of the INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Co. Ltd, the Minister said if 30 percent of the vehicles in Nigeria are sourced from the company, it would be able to expand and meet the demand in the country.

The Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku alighting from one of the buses manufactured at INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Co. Ltd, Nnewi, Anambra State
The Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku alighting from one of the buses manufactured at INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Co. Ltd, Nnewi, Anambra State

Mr. Maku further urged Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of government to begin to implement the resolution of the Federal Government to patronize the company. “There is need to encourage him (Innoson Group Chairman, Chief Innocent Chukwuma) because for a long time many Nigerians attempted to achieve what he has done by setting up assembling plants and seeking technical transfer such as Peugeot and Volks Wagon. This is not an assembling plant, it is a manufacturing plant”, the Minister emphasised.

The Minister also used the occasion to point out that the President’s power supply programme was already working quoting the INNOSON Group Chairman, Chief Innocent Chukwuma who said that the company was now sourcing 80 percent of its power needs from public supply, which Mr. Maku noted was as a result of the increase in power generation in the country.

It would be recalled that at the commissioning of the factory by President Goodluck Jonathan during his maiden official visit to Anambra State, Chukwuma had prayed the President to quicken the process of fulfilling the promise of boosting electricity in Nnewi, adding that efficient power supply would energize the hundreds of industries that have made Nnewi the Taiwan of Africa.[b]

Guiding the team on a tour of the factory, the INNOSON Group Chairman, Chief Chukwuma said he rolls out 300 vehicles monthly from his factory. He also said that over 7,000 workers are under his employment across his 4 factories including those for waste bin and plastic production.

According to Chukwuma, exporting of the IVM vehicles has already commenced. Ghana, he said for instance, has ordered 200 units of his vehicles and here in the country, the Chief of Army Staff recently ordered 20 units.

Cross section of 14 seater buses manufactured at INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Co. Ltd, Nnewi, Anambra State
Cross section of 14 seater buses manufactured at INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Co. Ltd, Nnewi, Anambra State

Apart from their durability and the availability of spare parts, the INNOSON Chairman said the vehicles can be purchased for as low as 1.7million naira. He also informed that the company has certification from the National Automotive Council (NAC), the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) and the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON).[/b]

While appreciating the Peter Obi Administration for his support as well as the Bank of Industry (BOI) for the loan facility given to him to kick start the factory he said that the Anambra State Government was presently the company’s largest client. The company has been enjoying BOI’s support to access cheap loans since 2004 when it had only 500 staff. Also, the company was able to access National Automotive Council fund to expand its vehicle plant.

He therefore urged MDAs and government at all levels to encourage made in Nigeria Goods. He lamented that though he had approached the Federal Capital Development Agency (FCDA) to patronize his waste disposal bins, the Agency still imports them from Germany. According to Chukwuma he had even provided the Agency with a truck load of complimentary waste bins for a trial.

Some of the vehicles manufactured at the plant include 14, 26 and 35 seater- buses, double cabin pick up vans and Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs).

http://fmi.gov.ng/maku-calls-for-ban-on-tokunbo-as-nggt-team-visits-first-indigenous-auto-manufacturing-plant/

http://fmi.gov.ng/media-center/galleria/photo-galleria/?file=National+Good+Governance+Tour%2FNGGT+ANAMBRA+STATE%2FINNOSON+VEHICLES+MANUFACTURING+COMPANY+LIMITED+NNEWI%2F&lg_offset=0
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by chino24: 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
Innoson product in Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2013
chino24: Innoson product in Anambra state
ebe ANO wink NWANNE...
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2013
Nightshift: A well integrated projects to open the East by encouraging easy movement and trade is needed if Ndigbo are serious about investments and poverty reductions. Would be great if Anambra, Enugu and with some investors role, could build a 100km rail line from Enugu to Onitsha. Trains running through the route every 20 minutes on both directions would unleash growth in trade that would give the state's economies double digits growth . Later Onitsha-Owerri-Aba route will follow. Enugu-Umuahia-Aba route is already built, but expansion and a joint-venture agreement with NRC is needed. Another 90km connection between Abakaliki and Enugu will be built as well. With a population of about 35 million , the South East is an economic miracle waiting to take off. The improvement in power supply , and the prospect of new power plants, should be a sign for our state governments to work together, seizing this new opportunity towards bringing about 'a German wonder' to Ndigbo. We cannot wait any longer, this is our time to get started !! Igbo businessmen and women should be encouraged to bring foreign partners to the region . We must provide conducive environment necessary for exploring our ingenuity, or else we waste .
THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT BROTHER, ENUGU AND ANAMBRA WILL SOON BUILD TRANSIT TRAINS AND MONO-RAILS THAT CARRY BOTH HUMAN, GOODS AND SERVICES-ES...
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by asha80(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
i guess the spare parts of those innoson products would be much more readily available and cheaper.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
All this is talk until a concerted effort is made to make it a reality. The crop of SE governors we have are not thinking far. Imagine selling this idea to a Martin Elechi or Theodore Orji.

^^^My sentiments too! Fat chance of all that happening with them two at the helm of affairs in their states.

I'm interested to see what Elechi has to show the good governance team; Orji showed mainly elitist stuff, and not much that impacted on the ordinary man on the streets of Aba and Umuahia.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by EASTSIDAZ: 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2013
Prototype of rural roads and bridges in Anambra communities

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by billante(m): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
This is impressive....what's d difference between these cars and the one toyota or ford produces!

chino24: Innoson product in Anambra state

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:22am On Feb 08, 2013
Shoprite berths in Onitsha

Posted by: Odogwu Emeka Odogwu on February 2, 2013in NewsLeave a comment

Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State, yesterday laid the foundation stone of Shoprite, a leading one-stop shopping outlet in Onitsha.

Shoprite is set to open more centres in other parts of the state, starting from Onitsha.

The ultra modern shopping mall, which the state is constructing in partnership with African Capital Alliance, under Private Public Partnership (PPP), attracted applause by residents, including the Obi of Onitsha, Obi Alfred Achebe. The Mall, located at the side of the Onitsha Hotel and Convention Centre, is situated on a vast ground that boasts enough space for the level of commercial activities the mall will expectedly host.

Laying the foundation, Governor Obi said that it was in line with his commitment to the transformation of Anambra State, which, according to him, included returning Onitsha to its past glory as the number one commercial city in Nigeria and hosting the biggest market in West Africa.

The governor promised to provide facilities to boost activities in the area, including dualisation of Park Road, the entrance into the complex.

Obi said that the foundation for two of such malls would also be laid in Awka and Nnewi. He assured the people of the state that there was no need to panic or entertain fear, as his Government has already saved enough money for various projects his government has been executing or billed to be flagged-off.

“It is my belief that a governor should work for his people unceasingly. Many people wonder why I keep working and flagging off projects even when I am supposed to be winding up, but I believe a governor should work for his people in season and out of season. I shall continue to work till I handover, especially to make things easier for my successor,” Obi said.

Speaking at the event, the Attorney-General of the State, Peter Afuba said Governor Obi has put in a lot into the project, to be financed jointly by African Capital Alliance and Anambra State Government through Private Public Partnership (PPP). He explained that at completion, Shoprite would serve as anchor tenants.

In his remarks, a Senior Manager with African Capital Alliance, Mr Osita Okonkwo said the project would cost over 30 million dollars, with 15,000 sq. meter of shopping and retail spaces. He said the money was coming from international financial institution as foreign direct investment. he said it was not possible to attract such money to Anambra State before Governor Obi took office and that its possibility now was because of stability and good governance Anambra is now enjoying.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=render%20of%20new%20onitsha%20shopping%20mall&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthenationonlineng.net%2Fnew%2Fnews%2Fshoprite-berths-in-onitsha%2F&ei=KWAUUaOcHsLs0gXOj4GYCw&usg=AFQjCNFvjYLXkQ1xfwxu79ZhDBhoNMa9Nw
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:35am On Feb 08, 2013
So how come the foundation stone for the above shopping mall has been layed, but there are no renders of the project yet? We saw the renders of the Enugu, Ilorin and Ikeja shopping malls before construction started.

Well the governor is trying with opening up the state, and he should do even more.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by asha80(m): 10:46am On Feb 08, 2013
is shoprite in onitsha a good idea?i am talking because i hope it would not affect other traders in onitsha.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by OneNaira6: 11:02am On Feb 08, 2013
asha 80: is shoprite in onitsha a good idea?i am talking because i hope it would not affect other traders in onitsha.

I think it would, after all its an African version of Walmart.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by asha80(m): 11:06am On Feb 08, 2013
One_Naira:

I think it would, after all its an African version of Walmart.
if that is the case wouldn't the traders there protest or even revolt?
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by OneNaira6: 11:24am On Feb 08, 2013
asha 80: if that is the case wouldn't the traders there protest or even revolt?

I doubt they would. Onitsha is already competitive without shop rite. Each small business tries to outdo their neighbor by either copying a successful selling product from each other or sabotage their competition reputation to gain more customers. They probably just see shoprite as another competition in the midst and treat it the same they treat each other.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by OreMI22: 11:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
Wish some of Obi's key projects will be completed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Wife Packs Out Over Alleged Domestic Abuse / NEC Recommends ₦302 Per Litre Petrol Price By February / 2023 Declaration: "Osinbajo Is Extremely Incompetent" - Adeyanju Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.