Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard (12263 Views)

Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria / NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano / 19,000 Illegal Immigrants Deported Over Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by jerk: 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2011
CHUKA NWEZ:

Typical of Nigeria, thats why our reputation will always worst, To appease the sea gods, you're right, fooling yourself and that uneducated juju man who encourage him to do that, when will our people learn, shall i say come out a little bit from their savaged life, and be more civilized, wasting lifes become a success, what happen to that spastic captain's children, why didn't he use at least one or two of his?, i believe now that Nigeria legislation has an eye for eye law to take that spastic captain down as well to feel what is it like to take a life that he did not created, dumb fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they wont do anything coz they are birds of the feather,dnt you know that they engage in human rituals too or do u think to be there is an easy journey.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by humblebee: 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2011
realchange:

the so called "Nigerian captain" must be a Yoruba man
they are the devils we have in nigeria
they also love juju too much

now that you got the attention you wanted, go and check your grandfather's wardrobe and report back here with what you see if you're bold enough, mumu
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Rgp92: 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2011
Everyday, muslim stoned people to death in the name of religion, and when a traditional religion do this, then it is barbaric. Ignorant and stupility is why black people fail today. Always the first one to criticize his culture.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by favouredjb(f): 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2011
ignorance at its best, so sad
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2011
@Kilode,

Are you sure African beliefs would have evolved if there weren't any western influence? I doubt it. The are regions in Africa where western civilization hasn't reached and their tradition has barely changed since the dawn of man.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Siga: 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2011
realchange:

the so called "Nigerian captain" must be a Yoruba man

Its so obvious this dude is an idi0t , talks through is fu_cking a$$, everything has to be tribalised, bastard, and now, u see your life, na your people, , who be Yoruba sef, fool,
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ realchange "the so called "Nigerian captain" must be a Yoruba man"

This guy na mumu u be o, in fact a very big one sef! when people with heads make comments, you would do yourself a lot good by keeping your dirty mouth shut! anuofia!  angry
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2011
obo_man:

@Kilode,

Are you sure African beliefs would have evolved if there weren't any western influence? I doubt it. The are regions in Africa where western civilization hasn't reached and their tradition has barely changed since the dawn of man.

I doubt it myself. If at all it eventually did, it wouldn't be any time sooner. The only problem I have with Western civilization was just the medium they used to propagate it. Change is not that bad.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by EagleNest(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
If this is in deed true, then it's such a terrible and barbaric act. It's not supposed to be heard of, in this 21st century. Voodoo is evil!
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Sike(m): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
Rgp92:

Everyday, muslim stoned people to death in the name of religion, and when a traditional religion do this, then it is barbaric. Ignorant and stupility is why black people fail today. Always the first one to criticize his culture.

Where exactly are you going dude?
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by eros(m): 7:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
Wetin Naija people no go do all in the name of appeasing the gods.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by kevoh(m): 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2011
The story get as e be,true though but I sense conspiracy in the way the name Nigerian is written. Anyway, I reserve my comment.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
Shebi after this one they will now say na white man destroy them. YOUR people sold you out and destroyed yourselves.

Anyway, Please don't call the man a christian. There is a difference between showing up to church to jump and dance(you can do that in the club too), and being a Christian.
If the first thing that comes to his mind in a situation is JUJU and not to get on his knees and pray, he never was a "christian". Christianity was a joke to the bloke.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by logica(m): 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2011
Dayokanu beat me to it; but it could be they are Christians and God commanded them to throw them in the sea (like it happened to Jonah). Of course in Jonah's case he asked them to do it. Anyway God works in mysterious ways.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by peziz(f): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

This is barbaric but I want to say that I always get amused when some guys come here and post things like "This is why the white man thinks we are backward and so on". Some of you living abroad think you are knowledgeable just because you live abroad but you know very little. Human sacrifice has been a practice for thousands of years and believe it or not, It is still being practiced all over the world, including in America and Europe. The only difference from Africa is that it is highly organized in these western nations that you can hardly trace it while it is not so sophisticated here in Africa so it is easily exposed.

Do check out the missing persons database in America and you will be amazed how many thousands of people go missing every year and are never seen again. Spirit-ism and Satan worship is practiced all over the world. It is not an African thing. It is a world thing. Modernity and scientific advancement can never and will never change it.
  +100
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by peziz(f): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
kevoh:

The story get as e be,true though but I sense conspiracy in the way the name Nigerian is written. Anyway, I reserve my comment.
abi ooh! At least no be only me c am dt way. The other link posted by another nl say na suffocate dem suffocate. Mmh i tire ooh which one come be true talk? Make we sha reserve our comment.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2011
Rgp92:

Any sane person has to criticize a barbaric act. We ain't saying Islam or Christianity is any better than ours but other religions ( Christianity esp) have evolved with modern practices and thinkings while ours haven't.

E.G, the practices of Christianity is quite straightforward and undemanding. No need for human sacrifice, animal sacrifice, buying 7 men with kings, e.t.c. I'm not implying Christianity is any superior to our traditional religion, but we can learn from it to modernise ours.

Our fore-fathers rode on horses @ Rgp92, why ain't you still riding on horses? I'm sure you prefer to ride a Ferrari right?  grin

Same with tradition, our fore-fathers invented it, now it's our turn to either invent ours or modernise it.

Condemning this barbaric act is a form of trying to modernise it.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Rgp92: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2011
obo_man:

Any sane person has to criticize a barbaric act. We ain't saying Islam or Christianity is any better than ours but other religions ( Christianity esp) have evolved with modern practices and thinkings while ours haven't.

E.G, the practices of Christianity is quite straightforward and undemanding. No need for human sacrifice, animal sacrifice, buying 7 men with kings, e.t.c. I'm not implying Christianity is any superior to our traditional religion, but we can learn from it to modernise ours.

Our fore-fathers rode on horses @ Rgp92, why ain't you still riding on horses? I'm sure you prefer to ride a Ferrari right?  grin

Same with tradition, our fore-fathers invented it, now it's our turn to either invent ours or modernise it.

I agreed with you, this act was barbaric. If you read some comment on this thread, you'll see some people are trying to make our culture look inferiority to that of western countries, which is wrong.

All i did was defend our tradition.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Ndipe(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

The way my father has described the traditional religion to me, it honestly sounded pretty barbaric. Too much focus on human sacrifice and ish.

This is why I'm not convinced that the coming of Western religion to Yorubaland and various other parts of Nigeria more generally was such a bad thing.

Applause, read my criticism of certain parts of African culture

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-824543.0.html
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by tpia5: 2:07am On Dec 16, 2011
Many nigerians always strive to outdo others in s.tupidity.

Hope all involved are charged accordingly because for all you know the whole thing could have been premeditated.

Still waiting for more info on these elements.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Kilode1: 4:45am On Dec 16, 2011
obo_man:

@Kilode,

[b]Are you sure African beliefs would have evolved if there weren't any western influence? [/b]I doubt it. The are regions in Africa where western civilization hasn't reached and their tradition has barely changed since the dawn of man.

Absolutely. No questions about that. Unless you want to prove that Africans are not living species. All living species and their practices evolve, we will always evolve. No argument really.

I'm not discounting western influences. Afterall, it's all part of the whole human experience, we influence each other, it's what it is. They too dropped many practices after learning from other peoples experiences.

What I tried to address in my post is the fact most of these practices we are so quick to label African and barbaric are actually human practices practiced by virtually all human cultures. And Also that we are capable of reformation too. We've actually carried out many and influenced others.

What we need to be careful about is the "we were saved by them" mentality, especially when it's one sided and ignores the fact that we lost cultural leverage too. This is probably not the thread for this conversation anyway.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2011
@ Kilode, I do agree.

Come to think of it this way, maybe influence is also part of evolution? ( mix with other cultures or perish in obscurity) .

''What we need to be careful about is the "we were saved by them" mentality, especially when it's one sided and ignores the fact that we lost cultural leverage too''

This quoted sentence, true talk. It shouldn't be one-sided and we shouldn't lose our cultural leverages as well.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Ndipe(m): 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
obo_man:

E.G, the practices of Christianity is quite straightforward and undemanding. No need for human sacrifice, animal sacrifice, buying 7 men with kings, e.t.c. I'm not implying Christianity is any superior to our traditional religion, but we can learn from it to modernise ours. Our fore-fathers rode on horses @ Rgp92, why ain't you still riding on horses? I'm sure you prefer to ride a Ferrari right?  grin

But it is superior to other religions because it offers true believers eternal life in God's Kingdom.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Ramram: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2011
Do you see what ignorance does.
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by niassawa(f): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uidhk7ioYO0

see where BISHOP DAVID OYEDOPO ASSAULTS A MINOR! Dehumanization!!
Re: Nigerian Captain Throws 12 Illegal Immigrants Overboard by Gague: 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
How can there be such heartless people in this world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Party Receives Defectors From APC And PDP In Edo / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence Day / N141m Contract Duly Executed By Certified Contractor, Says Ossap-sdgs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.