Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare (6390 Views)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by ifebosco: 9:16am On Dec 15, 2011
Pastor Tunde Bakare has described a former Head of State, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) as the most honest Nigerian he has ever known.

Bakare, who spoke at the inauguration of the Congress for Progressive Change Renewal Committee in Abuja on Tuesday, said having served with prominent Nigerians as a lawyer and a young pastor, he had not seen any Nigerian who could match Buhari in integrity.

He said Nigerians would one day regret not electing Buhari as their president.

He said, “I came into politics because he (Buhari) invited me; no other Nigerian could have done that. I believe in his integrity and his love for Nigeria.

“As a lawyer, I served under the tutelage of the late Chief Rotimi Williams and late Chief Gani Fawehinmi.

“As a young pastor, I worked with Pastor W.F Kumuyi and E.O. Adeboye.”

He said while the members of the party especially, and Nigerians, generally awaited the decision of the Supreme Court on the appeal filed by the party against the declaration of President Goodluck Jonathan as the winner of the April presidential election, Nigerians must know that there was a court higher than that of the apex court.

Bakare said, “There is a higher court above the Supreme Court. Darkness has no power to overpower light. Weeping and tears cannot go for long; they have expiry dates.”

Buhari, who also spoke on the occasion, said it was unfortunate that political parties had remained a platform for selling or trading public office nomination tickets.

Political parties, he said, should be the fulcrum for which effective public service could be provided for the people.

He said the task ahead the CPC was enormous, one of which he said was to show good example on service delivery in offices where members of the party were holding political offices.

He said, “As one who has always advocated good governance in Nigeria, I believe that it is important for us, as a political party that seeks to manage the affairs of Nigeria on behalf of its people, to show the people that we will conduct our affairs truly in the way things should be done and according to the dictates of the law.”

http://www.punchng.com/index.php/news/item/7701-no-honest-nigerian-like-buhari-–-bakare
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by dustydee: 9:31am On Dec 15, 2011
only few actually are. But there are honest Nigerians I know.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Rhino5dm: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2011
God bless Pastor Tunde Bakare and Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. cool cool cool

dustydee:

only few actually are. But there are honest Nigerians I know.
^^
Well Said cool
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Xfactoria: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2011
That was Tunde Bakare talking in the flesh! He spoke in the spirit on October 1st, 2006 when he said Buhari, OBJ, Atiku and IBB were not in the new Nigeria that God showed him.

He reminds me of the biblical account of Samuel choosing a successor to Saul. Samuel thought the tall, handsome brother of David would be God's annointed King but he was wrong. God chose little David over all his brothers. God's ways are not our ways!!!!

Buhari may be the most honest, but he's not favoured by God and Bakare knows it. He should be careful not to incure the wrath of God.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by jmaine: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2011
Buhari was so honest he had to tell us the glaring truth that Abacha never embezzled any money . .Yes honesty in telling the truth and fighting corruption doggedly . . . We need more of such honest men that would one day in the future tell us that IBB,Atiku,OBJ, et al., were not corrupt . . .

What an honest Nigerian he is . . . .  grin

Another honest Nigerian in Pastor Tunde Bakare  [b]who previously prophesied that Buhari was part of the old [/b]together with IBB . . . Not good for Nigeria . . .suddenly became part of the old in orderto ascend to the levels of the presidency . . .another honest Nigerian there . . .

Two hypocritical dishonest Nigerians  . . . .  cool
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Rotime1(m): 11:34am On Dec 15, 2011
Well, i trust no man, even the so called pastors. Is this not the same pastor that exclaimed that it is a curse when past and old generations of cabals continues to rule the present generation? Something is wrong!
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by olyivy(f): 11:37am On Dec 15, 2011
jmaine:

Buhari was so honest he had to tell us the glaring truth that Abacha never embezzled any money . .Yes honesty in telling the truth and fighting corruption doggedly . . . We need more of such honest men that would one day in the future tell us that IBB,Atiku,OBJ, et al., were not corrupt . . .

What an honest Nigerian he is . . . .  grin

Another honest Nigerian in Pastor Tunde Bakare  who previously prophesied that Buhari was part of the old together with IBB . . . Not good for Nigeria . . .suddenly became part of the old in orderto ascend to the levels of the presidency . . .another honest Nigerian there . . .

Two hypocritical dishonest Nigerians  . . . .  cool

Maybe you meant "bi-honest "  grin
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by buzor(m): 11:42am On Dec 15, 2011
a man contradictn himself in all his words. before:buhari is part of d old. now; buhari is d new we re all hoping for
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Gbawe: 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2011
To be honest, Nigerians can say what they want . You are entitled to your views. I just want us to remember , as I have always insisted, that it is only an immaterialistic, austere and undoubtedly pro-"talakawa" President who can deliver Nigerians from the grasp of elitist wickedness that sees 74% of our budget used to support , highly unjustly, the disgraceful situation of wicked greed where Nigerian Senators each pick up $1.6 million yearly while Obama settles for $400,000. 00 and David Cameron earns circa £200,000.00. GEJ does not want to go there or 'rock the boat' i.e "leaner government not possible" but , without doubt, Buhari would have gone there. This is why, routinely, those bleeding Nigeria dry avoided him to then "endorse" GEJ passionately. They know where their bread is buttered .

I urge you all to keep pledging your support along ethnic and religious lines. We will see where it will get us all in the end. Buhari may have his faults but it is only in the minds of dreamers that he can be compared to GEJ. It is no wonder that the AGIPs and most ruinous hands in the history of our Nation (Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba,Edo, Efik,ibibio et al) supported one candidate passionately (GEJ) while they gave Buhari a very wide berth. Our nation is now a conspiracy of evil and I wonder why , minus irreversible brainwashing, Nigerians cannot understand , fundamentally, that the man supported by the most evil in the land cannot be the answer. Meanwhile those same evil folks run away from the champion of the masses who takes no glory in owning houses everywhere, oil blocks or big businesses. They do so because they[b] know one thing[/b]- the gravy train will crash and shatter if Buhari takes charge.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Orokita(m): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
Mr Tunde i'm so disappointed with this remark of yours, why hang your dirty linens so publicly? did we really need to know that you hang around dishonest people? to a point where buhari is the most honest of them all? tongue
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2011
Money can transform a pastor a an OBJ grin
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by gregg2: 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
One reason men of God should stay away from politics.

Hmmmmm . . . Pastor Bakare claims to have worked with Rotimi Williams, Gani Fawehinmi,
Pastor Kumiyi, Pastor Adeboye and now tells us that Buhari (fomerly viewed by him as
bad and unfit for Nigeria) is the most honest of them all.

Did Bakare need to mention names?
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Pjustin: 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2011
Well,we are all entitle to our opinions-no matter how it appears!I thank pastor Bakare for revealing the truth about Gen.Buhari unstained nature!no matter what people say,Gen.Buhari,truly remain the only honest Nigeria!I heard someone saying that,Buhari said that Abacha never embezzled any money,that is a lie from pit of hell!Fed.govt pay-pressmen,just fabricated that baseless story to tarnished Buhari viable portrait and God will never let them go-un-punish!shame to all enemies of Buhari and pastor bakare.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Beaf: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2011
Fork-tongued scarabs like Tunde Bakare are to be pitied. This is the hypocritical false prophet in 1999:

[size=13pt]Bakare said, “Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither (President Olusegun Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.”

. . .

"Neither Buhari nor IBB nor Obasanjo nor Atiku will be part of the new Nigeria. They are part of the old that has decayed and is still decaying. The new is coming forth. It is the counsel of the Lord that shall stand in this nation. Until the sons of turmoil destroy themselves, this nation will not know peace." [/size]

Helloo oo!!
Secondly, Buhari is corrupt. I've posted the below repeatedly about Abacha, but can post direct stuff about Buhari's corruption.

You will also notice that those who scream loudest against the removal of the subsidy are reps of those companies.

Does the average Nigerian who refuses to read know that during Abacha's regime, with Buhari at the head of the PTF racket; the refineries were deliberately run down and monies for their turn around maintenance routinely vanished into thin air? But wait for the cracker! At the time this lot were running down our local refineries, Abacha actually used FG funds to build a personal refinery in Sierra Leone, so he and his cronies could milk the nation dry as a fuel importers!
That refinery was acquired through the vehicles, Integrated Investment Trust Limited and Nasimatume Investments Limited jointly owned by Abacha and his National Security Adviser, Ismaila Gwarzo.

Needless to say, the Abacha refinery in Sierra Leone is now cobwebbed. Many of our ex-generals are in similar rackets, they destroy the refineries at home, while having shares or ownership of refineries abroad to milk the nation dry. Behind those names listed, is an ex-general or two.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by bisiaet: 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
Bakare again For God sake cant this man for once just keep quiet and face his pastoral job for goodness sake?

This is so funny a statement from a so called man of God a bible reader saying No honest Nigeria like Buhari then he should have say Buhari is god then. Because I never see or known any man with such title ever before so let him tell us more and I bet it thousands are out there more honest than his so called Mr, Imam, Bishop, Pope or saint Buhari.

Bakare is definately a confused man its now I belief what people are saying about him.

Bakare leave politics alone face the work of preaching God gave you and stop embarrassing yourself and stop allowing everybody abusing you, this is no fun pastor.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Pjustin: 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2011
Lond live Gen.Muhammadu Yassim Yunusa Buhari,long live pastor Tunde Bakare-long live Federal republic of Nigeria, no one can hide the truth for long!its better to be hated so deeply by men cuz of good deed and love by God!i strongly believe that all those who are criticizing Gen.Buhari,are either ignorant of all his sefless deeds or swimming in the deep ocean of self-hatred,envy and prejudice-caused by too much brain-washing with jaggons!
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by otokx(m): 2:11pm On Dec 16, 2011
some people know how to vomit nonsense
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2011
I want to believe that Buhari would have stood a better chance if he hadn't aligned himself with this man. Just saying
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by slap1(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
No problem, but he can never rule Nigeria. Make him the Assistant General Overseer of your Church.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by DDN: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2011
This political campaign strategy has failed.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by DaDoctor: 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2011
WAT ELSE CUD YOU HAVE SAID? WAS HE HONEST WHILE IN SERVICE? DID HE RUN HIS CAMPAIGN ON CHARITY?

ABEG JOR.

'ALL 'TOP NAIJA POLITICIANS , I REPEAT ALL (INCLUDING MY MAN AT THE HOUSE OF REP) ARE NOT HONEST
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by kizito96(m): 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2011
but you criticized him before he appointed you deputy presidential candidate. out of 160 million, we only have one credible citizen.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by PointB: 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2011
Having lost all his investment in the political power capture vehicle deceptively tagged Save Nigeria Group, this clueless pastor is a frustrated and confused shadow of himself.

To make matter worse the holy spirit (if he had any) has abandoned him. In it's place he is randomly possessed by the restless spirits of corpers and other innocent Nigerians whom he and his self anointed Saint - Buhari, caused to be slaughtered by their singular act of very loud conniving silence.

Now this possessed pastor is in need of deliverance. Who will help this fallen man of God?
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by thehomer: 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2011
Sure. I just wonder, was the pastor honest in claiming that he was called by God? I ask because what one could conclude about the outcome of the past election is either God didn't call him or that God was simply deceiving him.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by hercules07: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
@Beaf

If Buhari had been corrupt or had aided Abacha in stealing funds, do you not think that OBJ would have dealt with him, I hope you are aware that the PTF was probed and Buhari was never found guilty. Abacha did not need Buhari to steal money, he had been stealing money since the days of IBB, the PTF was a trust fund that was set up to make use of money realised from the increase in pump prices, it had no control over refineries.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by hercules07: 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
@thehomer

You are talking about a rigged election abi, God might have called him (I am not that religious) but, rigging did not allow, are we not all enjoying the so called Good luck now?
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2011
Pastor Bakare has proved that it is worth while to take seriuos the instruction of "Let he who thinketh he stands take heed lest he fall"

Buhari is honest abi? Well, I don't like "honest men" who use gun to take what is not theirs. Buhari stole power and trampled upon our laws. I don't like "honest men" who trample upon the laws of the land. I don't like "honest men" who sing praises of dishonest man like Abacha.

Buhari will never rule Nigeria. It is as simple as that. If Pastor Bakare has no other work than to lick the dust from Buhari's boots; I can't but pity him.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by DaDoctor: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
hercules07:

@thehomer

You are talking about a rigged election abi, God might have called him (I am not that religious) but, rigging did not allow, are we not all enjoying the so called Good luck now?

[b]
OLD BOY GO SLEEEP JOR. NA U RIG AM?

ANYDAY ANYTIME. A GEJ WOULD WIN A BUHARI AND BAKARE HANDS DOWN.

HAS THIS COUNTRY BEEN PEACEFULL SINCE BUHARI LOST THE ELECTIONS? ISNT THE NORTH STILL PROTESTING IN THE FORM OF BH? THE MASSES VOTED GEJ AND LETS LIVE WITH HIM. YOU HAVE A CHOICE BY 2015. SO BE PATIENT.

EVEN IN YEARS TO COME I CAN NEVER VOTE B AND B OR ANY OFTHEM, THIS IS MY RESPECT FOR THE CORP AND OTHER NIGERIANS WHO DIDE DURING THE CPC SUPPORTERS PROTEST IN THE NORTH
[/b]
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2011
hercules07:

@Beaf

If Buhari had been corrupt or had aided Abacha in stealing funds, do you not think that OBJ would have dealt with him, I hope you are aware that the PTF was probed and Buhari was never found guilty. Abacha did not need Buhari to steal money, he had been stealing money since the days of IBB, the PTF was a trust fund that was set up to make use of money realised from the increase in pump prices, it had no control over refineries.

Did you say OBJ? Please, which OBJ are you talking about?
Please, when we are discussing something important, don't bring up names of unserious people. Thanks.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by hercules07: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2011
@Da Doctor

I was not in the country when the first set of elections took place, when I came back to vote for Fashola, I noticed that I had miraculously voted the previous week and PDP won there.

@noble
OBJ is one of the most vindictive men alive, if he had got something to nail Buhari with, he would have done it, especially someone who worked for Abacha.
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Odunnu: 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2011
slap1:

No problem, but he can never rule Nigeria. Make him the Assistant General Overseer of your Church.

Or the treasurer. lolololololol you actually got me ROFLMAO with this post.

bisiaet:

Bakare again For God sake cant this man for once just keep quiet and face his pastoral job for goodness sake?

This is so funny a statement from a so called man of God a bible reader saying No honest Nigeria like Buhari then he should have say Buhari is god then. Because I never see or known any man with such title ever before so let him tell us more and I bet it thousands are out there more honest than his so called Mr, Imam, Bishop, Pope or saint Buhari.

Bakare is definately a confused man its now I belief what people are saying about him.

Bakare leave politics alone face the work of preaching God gave you and stop embarrassing yourself and stop allowing everybody abusing you, this is no fun pastor.

Exact comment I wanted to make. The guy no dey tire?
Re: No Honest Nigerian Like Buhari – Bakare by Reference(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2011
hercules07:

@Beaf

I'm sure those who were fortunate to deal with the PTF organisation and Afri-Projects in particular will have something to say about this. But believe me nothing is forgotten in Nigeria. Leadership among the big five (now four) and its complexities has prevented a lot of revelations. I think Nigeria should move on. We have the basic frame of a democracy. What we should be doing is discovering new ways and thinking together with a new movement that raises a generation of real patriots. But first sort out the political map first.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Food For Thoughts On The Akwa Ibom Stadium / Emulating The Unity Of The Northerners - My Experience. / Why Wike Was Rejected By Rivers People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.