Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

I'm Back To Pdp For Good, Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Back To Pdp For Good, Says Atiku (757 Views)

Buhari: So Far, Not So Good, Says Balarabe Musa / Ibb Is A Pillar Of Unity, Stability, Says Atiku / Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Back To Pdp For Good, Says Atiku by owenueme: 11:21am On Dec 15, 2011
By Matthew Onah

Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar Wednesday said he was back in the fold of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to for good and to actualise the dreams of the founding fathers of the party.

He also said his return to the party was to also ensure that the party maximises its electoral fortunes in future elections, including the 2012 governorship election in Adamawa State, where the incumbent governor, Murtala Nyako, is a serious contender.

Appearing for the first time since he lost the PDP presidential primary, Atiku said the party was conceived as the mother of all parties to cater for all shades of interests and opinions.

Atiku, who spoke at a rally organised in honour of Nyako’s governorship ambition, had mounted the stage shouting Nyako’s campaign slogan, “Adamawa Sai Nyako”, even as he said a reconciliation process was on- going.

The former vice-president, who said he was sure the PDP would win any election in the state and the country at large, said: “We had always won in the past and we are set to win again. All those now in other political parties like CPC, ACN, ANPP were originally in PDP, and they are set to come back and vote PDP.”

Atiku said he was endorsing Nyako for another shot at returning to government house in 2012, because of the performance of Nyako in transforming the social infrastructure in the state. “Nyako has worked and we should vote him back,” Atiku stressed.

Speaking at the rally, the Vice-President, Alhaji Namadi Sambo, singled out the maintenance of peace and security in the state by Nyako, as one of the major credits of the administration that should endear Nyako to the people of the state.

Sambo said: “He considered the people of the state to be lucky because the state have produced visionary leaders that put the development of the state and country first,” adding: “ Nyako’s performances in education, health and Agriculture has remained exemplary and that is why Nyako was appointed a member of the federal government economic management team.”

Flanked by the governors of Taraba, Bauchi, Gombe, and Sokoto States, Sambo said Nyako had the blessing and support of the national leadership of the party and the Federal Government to contest the January 2012 election.

The vice-president, who announced Federal Government’s intervention projects in the state, said the government had approved over N12.5 billion for the Lagdo dam and Choochi irrigationprojects in the state, at the instance of the governor and urged the people to vote enmasse for the PDP.

Also speaking, Nyako pledge to consolidate on the foundation laid in the last four years.
Re: I'm Back To Pdp For Good, Says Atiku by Lasinoh: 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
Daddy. . .You made the right decision.
Wetin you go find for 'Yoruba' ACN parrry in the first place? undecided
PDP is the party for ALL Nigerians. . . Welcome back daddy. kiss

Just confine yourself to the affairs of your state. . .leave Jonathan 'Fressshair' to finish Nigeria for Nigerians by Nigerians.
Mu he he he he he
Juss siddon for one corner dey laugh like OBJ! grin
Re: I'm Back To Pdp For Good, Says Atiku by sugar001(f): 7:28am On Dec 16, 2011
Yawn*
Re: I'm Back To Pdp For Good, Says Atiku by Chubhie: 8:19am On Dec 16, 2011
All politicians are the same doesnt matter if they're in Acn, Cpc or Pdp.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Invades Air Force School, Kills Three Officers / Phone Numbers Of Top Gov't Officials By Hackitvists / Nlc-govt Meeting Today:any Updates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.