Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,954 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku (7470 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / Hausa Have Not Produce President / North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by oladayo042: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2010
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar yesterday said that the Igbo deserve to produce the president of Nigeria in 2015. He said they should allow the new alliance between them and the North to work for 2011 polls so that they can take their turn in 2015.

Abubakar, who spoke at the a lecture to celebrate Nigeria’s 50 years of independence at the Enugu Sports Club, Enugu, Enugu State, asked the Igbo not to allow the 2015 opportunity to slip past them. He said: "Some 40 years after the civil war, it is about time that someone who is Igbo, one of Nigeria ’s three largest ethnic groups, became president of Nigeria. This will be the boldest way to put the civil war behind us.

"That is why I fully support the agreement recently signed between the Northern leaders and the leaders of the South East. As agreed, the South East would support the North in 2011 to complete the remaining four years of its eight - year tenure, while in turn, the North would support the South East to produce the next president of Nigeria in 2015.

"This is the first time such an agreement for power rotation has been written and signed and made public. Again, I support that agreement. It is in writing, it was widely publicised and I want to be held to it". He said although all sections of the country have had experiences to complain, South-East has been acknowledged by most other sections of the country and that every government has a duty to address the situation in the South-East.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/12101.html
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Onlytruth(m): 7:20am On Sep 04, 2010
My Igbo candidates for 2015:

(1) Kenechukwu Nnamani (South east)
(2) Sulivan Chime (South east)
(3) Charles Chukwuma Soludo (South east)
(4) Ralph Uwechue (South south)
(5) Pat Utomi (South south)
(6) Chibuike Amaechi (if he is Igbo undecided) (South south)

We can work with any of these 6 men.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by oladayo042: 7:55am On Sep 04, 2010
I think Atiku will also like to gain media influence just like his brother(IBB) dey do. LET NIGERIANS DECIDE WHO THEY WANT, WHEN AND WHY.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 04, 2010
^^
as if Atiku would do one term and leave. these guys see the igbo as gullible people. IBB told them the exact same thing.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by chyz(m): 8:36am On Sep 04, 2010
Any Igbo who believes what this guy said is silly! Even after both him and IBB agreed that they will put the own interest aside and work together for the sake of the north, he comes out and says this nonsense. Clearly its just fluff just so the orth can hold on to power.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Afam4eva(m): 9:46am On Sep 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

My Igbo candidates for 2015:

(1) Kenechukwu Nnamani (South east)
(2) Sulivan Chime (South east)
(3) Charles Chukwuma Soludo (South east)
(4) Ralph Uwechue (South south)
(5) Pat Utomi (South south)
(6) Chibuike Amaechi (if he is Igbo undecided) (South south)

We can work with any of these 6 men.

I wonder what inspires you to type at times. Do you know anything about ken Nnamani? I that man becomes president then i'll throw my Nigerian passport into the Atlantic ocean. I come from the same village as Ken Nnamani, so i know a whole lot about him. And who the hell is Ralf Uwechue. is that not the Ohaneze leader? How does he fit into this equation. It's only Pat Utomi and Chukwuma Soludo that have what it takes to become a president. Though i can manage Chibuike Amaechi.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2010
Atiku should tell us his programmes and leave the Igbos alone. Somebody must tell him that this his campaign tactics is very condesending and disrespectful.

I remember him campaigning in Dan Anyiam stadium in Owerri in the run up to 2003 election. The only message he had was that PDP was the only party through which the Igbos can actualise Igbo Presidency.

Somebody should tell this buffon that Nigerian Presidency is not all that Igbos care about!!!!!!!
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by coolbet007: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2010
IBB and Atiku should stop fooling us, the Igbos. We know them too well.

1) IBB said he was forced to annul June 12 by his surbodinates. How can he now withstand the preasure from the North to continue in 2015.
2) IBB was forced to to step-down in 1993, how can he willingly step down for Igbo presidency come 2015, knowing he has the constitutional right to continue. IBB is a power monger who will never relinqiush power in 2015.
3) IBB is a maradona and he knows how to dribble you to get what he wants. That's excactlly what he is doing now to the Igbos.

My Igbo brothers, let's shine our eyes well well, before these fools use & dump us.

To my fellow Nigerians, for so long, we have sacrificed the greatness of our dear country on the alter of ethnic politics. It's time to rise up against this evil and let the best man rule.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2010
Why can't they have a candidate now? Why can't Igbos have their own candidate now and run for election? If he or she is credible and has the ability to change things for good in Nigeria, why can't the candidate run now? whether Igbo or Hausa or Efik? Are Igbos buying into this bull crap? IBB and Atiku just disqualified themselves if Igbos are as smart as Igbo Nairalanders want us to believe.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by excanny: 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2010
It would be so sexy to have a smart, cocky and vibrant Igbo president.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Kelvinj(m): 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2010
ziddy:

^^
as if Atiku would do one term and leave. these guys see the igbo as gullible people. IBB told them the exact same thing.
dont mind those guys, i dont even know what the see the southerners as, ibos support them 2011 while they support ibos 2015 what a big fat lie. Well why dont we turn it around ibos go 2011 then they go 2015. Smh
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by slap1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2010
We have always been priviledged to eat the crumbs from the table of power before Bro Joe come hammer! We were never a strong hurdle on the path to power, with the likes of Arthur Nzeribe talking poo in Abuja. Ah, how things have changed! One northern leader after another now comes to the circus to beg us to give them one last shot and we dangle the syringe above their head. On our faces are the unwritten thought: catch it if you can! But can they? NO! Not without us. . .
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by bkbabe97y(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2010
Lol. The ONLY IBO on earth who seems foolish enough to believe this crap happens to be OnlyFOOL, uh, my bad, ONLYTRUTH! Beast, low-self esteemed cretin, House Nigga, Coon, Buck, Pickanniny, Sambo, Uncle Tom, Mandingo Negro, Sasquatch. . . . What other names can I call u, u unrepentable tribalist?!? The desire to hurt a certain people cant let you see past your nose; cant let u realize ure being bamboozled. Fool! What is good for the gander is good for the goose! If 2011 is good enough for "them", dont u think it is good enough for the Ibos?!! Imbe*ci*le!
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by redsun(m): 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2010
The only true leader that will emerge in nigeria will be chosen by the conscious masses.Right now,nigerian masses are still very unconscious,like they have always been since independence.

Wake up nigerians and propel your destinies.Out of able and rational people comes able and rational leaders.

Atiku is a criminal,his opinions belongs to the underworld.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by slap1(m): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Lol. The ONLY IBO on earth who seems foolish enough to believe this crap happens to be OnlyFOOL, uh, my bad, ONLYTRUTH! Beast, low-self esteemed cretin, House Nigga, Coon, Buck, Pickanniny, Sambo, Uncle Tom, Mandingo Negro, Sasquatch. . . . What other names can I call u, u unrepentable tribalist?!? The desire to hurt a certain people cant let you see past your nose; cant let u realize ure being bamboozled. Fool! What is good for the gander is good for the goose! If 2011 is good enough for "them", dont u think it is good enough for the Ibos?!! Imbe*ci*le!
[s]Does this mean Bk/babe is not really as anti-Igbo as he/she is making us believe?[/s]
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by yeswecan(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2010
LOL . . Atiku will waste all the money he stole, he is trying to gain Igbo's support just like he dear friend IBB.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Beaf: 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2010
bk.babe97y:

What is the purpose of this gutter tripe? One can only sit back and weep for some mothers sha. embarassed
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by googles: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2010

Who is atiku to prescribe wat we want for us ? undecided who made him the Alpha nigerian ?

i thot we were operating a democratic system of govt. where anyone can stand up to contest

why the segregation or zonal thingy ? why cant an Ibo/yoruba/hausa or warrever other tribe in 9geria contest in the next election and produce the president ?

Atiku should shut the f[i]u[/i]ck up and face his Tura-obsssed wife jor
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Onlytruth(m): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2010
afam4eva:

I wonder what inspires you to type at times. Do you know anything about ken Nnamani? I that man becomes president then i'll throw my Nigerian passport into the Atlantic ocean. I come from the same village as Ken Nnamani, so i know a whole lot about him. And who the hell is Ralf Uwechue. is that not the Ohaneze leader? How does he fit into this equation. It's only Pat Utomi and Chukwuma Soludo that have what it takes to become a president. Though i can manage Chibuike Amaechi.

I am inspired by things you may never understand. undecided How is that my fault?

I mentioned people who have demonstrated competence in leadership. Yes Uwechue is one of them! [b]Nnamani [/b]is one of them! He may be from your village, but he is not your village leader. He is a national leader. There have been many national leaders from my town, but we never even see them in town meetings. Why are you making it a local thing?
Frankly the only person I can't properly attest to his leadership ability is Pat Utomi. Others have demonstrated leadership before.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by bkbabe97y(m): 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2010
Beaf:

What is the purpose of this gutter tripe? One can only sit back and weep for some mothers sha. embarassed

Gutter tripe?! This is assuming you either:

A. Cant read; or

B. The point(s) of the post flew over your head; and/or

C. You got your head so far up President Jonathan's aszz that you think any suggestion that anyone else can vie for the seat of President (which You mistakenly think is Jonathan's Throne) is an affront on Your beliefs!

Dude, anyone/everyone that is qualified should be able to vie for/and become President---- including an Ibo! Why do they have to wait till 2015? Why cant (if everyone wants to really be fair, and really want the Ibos to feel a sense of belonging) it be "Zoned" to the Ibos TODAY, THIS VERY MINUTE?!?! I believe, to a large extent I know how Nigeria works, from reading about it day in day out on this forum and discussing with folks. Lemme tell You what I feel will happen when it is the turn of the Ibos:The other groups will mastermind something that will turn the rest of the country against the Ibos and make them seem unreliable and untrustworthy i.e a coup. I know this, you know this, we all know this. If you really want fairness (the way yall seem to practice in Nigeria) have two Ibo candidates this year, let the winner rule for 8 years, then let the whole "may the best man win irrespective of tribe or religion" shiyyyt start in 2019!

P.S: Now, WE know whose mother should be wept for!
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Onlytruth(m): 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2010
And  YES! Ndigbo should support the north for 2011.

I know that kids are fighting and screaming anti-north sentiments, but we are still in Nigeria and whether anyone likes it or not, they are the king makers in Nigeria. If you don't like it, prepare to fight for secession.

Ndigbo should support the north in 2011. At least the north has made an open commitment to support an Igbo candidate in 2015. A commitment is better than no commitment. We hold them to their commitment for whenever they leave office. That is Nigeria. Live with it!  cool
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Agibecky: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2010
Atiku and IBB are desperate.
They want to dangle this carrot to deceive the Igbos to support them.

The next president of Nigeria will not want to leave office until after two terms.

The PDP is an EVIL POLITICAL PARTY and only fools will vote for the PDP.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Onlytruth(m): 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2010
Agibecky:

They want to dangle this carrot to deceive the Igbos to support them.

The next president of Nigeria will not want to leave office until after two terms.

And we will be there to take over when they leave.
Who are people trying to deceive here? It has been 40 years since the end of the Nigerian civil war. There has not been an Igbo president. You guys want us to wait another 40 years?
You must be smoking some strange ganja.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by publisher(m): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2010
@ Onlytruth:
You are a confirmed low self-esteemed igbo goat. Do u think the north will hand over power to igbos in 2015? Even if they do,will Nigeria's capital relocate to Enugu? Or will igbos automatically acquire all government positions?  Why are igbos like you so dumb? What stops an igbo man from contesting NOW? You said the north are king makers, Nna,that na old school story, The political power of the so-called North had always been vested in manipulating the middle belt. Obasanjo discovered this and upgraded middle beltans both in the army and generally,this impacted alot of confidence in them. This is why many middle beltans are openly campaigning for Jonathan. In anger and furstration,many core northerners continue fermenting trouble in places like Jos cos thats the capital of the middle belt. The presidency should be open to all,if any igbo man is bold enough let him step out now, in the absence of none,we may have to stick with Jonathan. Atleast his middle name is 'Azikiwe',if thats any consolation.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2010
They simply want to garner support from the igbos for the upcoming elections

I say, if a credible igbo candidate wants to contest today, what's stopping them.

After being ruled for so long by Northerners, they still insisting on some obscure party zoning agreements

I dare say I'm tired of all this or its PDP the only party in Nigeria  undecided
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by excanny: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2010
Agibecky:

They want to dangle this carrot to deceive the Igbos to support them

When they dangled 2 Yoruba carrots(Falae&OBJ) before you in 1999, they weren't deceiving Yorubas. But because they made an open promise to igbos, they now have become deceivers.

Speaking of people who speak from both sides of their mouth. Why is it that when an Igbo man tries to move a step forward, it's always frowned at? In fact, igbos have more
enemies down here in the south than up in the north.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by EzeUche22(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2010
excanny:

When they dangled 2 Yoruba carrots(Falae&OBJ) before you in 1999, they weren't deceiving Yorubas. But because they made an open promise to igbos, they now have become deceivers.

Speaking of people who speak from both sides of their mouth. Why is it that when an Igbo man tries to move a step forward, it's always frowned at? In fact, igbos have more
enemies down here in the south than up in the north.

Gbam!

An Igbo presidency is non-negotiable!
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by EzeUche22(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2010
These Yorubas only know how to speak out of both sides of their mouth. When the North said that there would be a Yoruba president, no one complained, but since it has been 40 years since an Igbo man has been president, they say they are giving us carrots.

Mehn these Yorubas need to shut the helll up and worry about themselves. We Igbos want the presidency and if the north promises us this, then we shall keep them to their word.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by excanny: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2010
donspony:

They simply want to garner support from the igbos for the upcoming elections

I say, if a credible igbo candidate wants to contest today, what's stopping them.

After being ruled for so long by Northerners, they still insisting on some obscure party zoning agreements

I dare say I'm tired of all this or its PDP the only party in Nigeria  undecided

You dont have to tell us when to contest.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by AndreUweh(m): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2010
Amb R. Uwechue will be 77 in 2015, that couts him out.
My list: Ngozi Okonjo Iwuala, Pat Utomi, Chibudom Nwuche, Charles Soludo, Orji Uzor Kalu, Ezekiel Izuogu, Pius Anyim, Peter Obi and Patrick Osakwe, ROCHAS okorocha, Ogbonnaya Onu and Mike Ajaegbo.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by Agibecky: 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2010
I am 100% Igbo.
But only Igbo fools will trust Atiku or IBB.

I REPEAT THAT ONLY FOOLS AND EQUALLY EVIL PEOPLE WILL SUPPORT AND VOTE FOR AN EVIL PARTY LIKE THE PDP.
Re: Igbo Deserve To Produce President In 2015, Says Atiku by excanny: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2010
Agibecky:

I am 100% Igbo.
But only Igbo fools will trust Atiku or IBB.

I REPEAT THAT ONLY FOOLS AND EQUALLY EVIL PEOPLE WILL SUPPORT AND VOTE FOR AN EVIL PARTY LIKE THE PDP.

Go and sit down, you are a confirmed Yoruba.

How can you be running down your people like that. Do you need somebody to tell you that we should have a shot at the presidency in over 40 years? Atiku and the likes are simply stating the obvious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Did Not Plead Guilty –ibori / World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector / President Mugabe Again With The Right Answer To Amanpour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.