Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together (6881 Views)

Ndi Yoruba come Let's Know Who Don't Reply Northerners. If Attacked / Let’s Celebrate Ourselves, Obasanjo Tells Nigerians / Let's Celebrate Lieutenant M Umar. Killed By Boko Haram (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by ogejov(f): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2007
Today we are 47, Nairalander I will like us to organise groove to night, grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Iman3(m): 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2007
The only people celebrating are the corrupt political elite who have benefited the most since independence.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by lovemajek(f): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2007
name the venue, and i will bring alot of babes,
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by ogejov(f): 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2007
The venue is Alfa beach at 2.00am grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by ogejov(f): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2007
The venue is Alfa beach at 2.00am grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by lovemajek(f): 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2007
who takes care of drinks and food,
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by ogejov(f): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2007
My one and only GORILA lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by lovemajek(f): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2007
now, thats sounds scary,
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by smartsoft(m): 1:39am On Oct 01, 2007
if you guys are serious just come to page club, i have free ticket for 10 people hey 8 babes and 2 guys only i take care of the drinks and food if you intend eating anyway ! today wink 7pm till you got tired
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by royalyinx(m): 2:49am On Oct 01, 2007
Happy Independence to us Niajans , But is there no show for us here in Ibadan Well thank God we gat black white and me praise concert ,
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by aleepac(m): 2:54am On Oct 01, 2007
We should be pleased our great country is 47 we should be please our great country is still alive we should thank God for today but CELEBRATION? that is out of the queation. I mean do you red the papers, they repeat phrases like "Our Young Country", "Our Country is still growing", and so on. Believe me I don't know when this country will grow but I have an Uncle who is 43 yrs old with three children, you want to know the funny thing 'He has grown' and if a country is still growing or is being refer to as young at the age of 47. Then I don't know what I will call my old uncle at home but today if I refer to him as boy, he will reply me with a very heavy slap on my face.
But the papers are not wrong, because we are young, and yes we are young; when the crime in our country is growing faster than the secuirity, yes we are young if the number of unemployement is growing higher than the number of undergraduate; yes we are young when a citizen of this country uses not more than 2 hours of electricity a day, yes we young when the elections are being decided on phone calls and not at the polls, yes we are young when those who are to think about the homeless Nigerian are spending upto N630million on their houses believe me we are young and not just young but we are yet to start growing.

HAPPY 1st OF OCTOBER NIGERIAN
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by toba1909(m): 3:09am On Oct 01, 2007
I-man:

The only people celebrating are the corrupt political elite who have benefited the most since independence.

Sure, the independence isn't worth being celebrated self. Imagine the way our leaders has ruled us all this while, like Late Fela Anikulapo Kuti said in one of his musik,he said we're suffering and yet we're smiling. I think this Umaru should try and liberate us totally and let new eggs be introduced into government and not the old,rotten ones that has ruined this country of his glories.

[size=8pt]HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by finekid(m): 3:30am On Oct 01, 2007
Really, is there anything worth celebrating?
Well, nonetheless congratulations Nigeria!

even though at 47 the country should have been much better than what it is now; the more reason every Nigerian should contribute towards nation building
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Nobody: 3:41am On Oct 01, 2007
God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by agiep: 3:51am On Oct 01, 2007
Of course why not celebrate, what another year and the country is taking one step forward and another ten steps back? Celebrate the Independence from what?  , British rule yes, we ought to celebrate for that, the state of the country?,  Now that is an excuse for a joke waiting to happen.
            HAPPY 47TH BIRTHDAY, I wonder what next year would bring, sighs sad undecided
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by chiegemba(f): 4:02am On Oct 01, 2007
LET'S CELEBRATE ~ 47YRS ~ AINT AN EASY NUMBER!!! grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by debo25(m): 4:27am On Oct 01, 2007
I wish all nigerian a wonderful independent day.I will want Nigerian to celebrate the independent day with prayer,Nigeria is independent but how many Nigerian has finacial freedom.
The celebration goes beyond throwing party or going to club but it is an avenue to pray for divine intervention.GOD bless federal replubic of Nigeria, I wish Nigerians a prosporous independent day.
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Nwaka77: 4:36am On Oct 01, 2007
Happy 47th Independence Day Nigeria. I wish our country all the best and hope that we move forward as a nation and that there will be peace, unity and progress. That is my prayer for you, Amen

Sigh, I wish I was off today but for where,  ( turns off the light and retires to bed) undecided cry
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by nowokere28: 5:00am On Oct 01, 2007
[b]Let's Celebrate in a new way

Which is with a clean slate, which we as a people will have to put a stop to all the problem our people at home are facing everyday. how long can we sit back and hope a change will come someday and not soon
Home is home people.

But all the same my people: Happy 47th Independence Day Nigeria.

[flash=200,200]http://Happy 47th Independence Day Nigeria.[/flash]
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Tmoni(m): 6:12am On Oct 01, 2007
how old are u now,

nigeria, i am 47 yrs now(blushing)

we wish u many happy returns of the day

hip hip hip HOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by mrofficial(m): 7:10am On Oct 01, 2007
Happy indepence day, and happy independence from poverty and desolation from the Nigerian nation. If not for forex,

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2007
Happy Birthday naija
[s]But i would like tosee the kid foa little spanking[/s]
so he had do well next year
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by babonboard(f): 7:22am On Oct 01, 2007
Happy bday Nigeria, hope we move forward and stop being a baby @47. angry angry angry
Uncle Musa may God Almighty see you thru Amen embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by benlay(m): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2007
we just have to realise that we have to pass through all these stages,for that reason it's worth celeberating,
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY.

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by gbeboy(m): 8:24am On Oct 01, 2007
happy birthday nigeria and my brothers and sisters in diaspora. i sincerely hope and pray that this will herald the beginning of better things to come for us, friends of naija, join us to pray for our nation and same shall be done for u. Happy Independence anniversary, thank God im free
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by stellose(f): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2007
@47,make we pray , make our leaders leave bad thing hand and make bad thing leave us too angry
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by osereka(m): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2007
happy bday and very many happy return
UP UP NIGERIA
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by uche1(m): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2007
God Bless Nigeria

Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by ayasco(m): 9:40am On Oct 01, 2007
Happy birthday Da Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by maydogg(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2007
Hi, I dont think there is anything to celebrate about. After 47 years of independence we are still battling with the same problems. It is sad. But all the same happy independence to all nigerians, home and abroad
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by manoy(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2007
happy independence
Re: Nigeria Is 47 Today, Come Let Celebrate Together by foruma(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2007
Happy Independence Nigeria.

yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Proposes N1.4tr For Constituency Projects / BREAKING!!! Joe Igbokwe's Family Members Disown Him / Why Extreme Capitalism Is Not Suitable For Nigeria - Please Vote!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.