Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865910 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jantil: 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
I nd ur views on the ff issues, my school is Greenwich university, tuitn fee is 9650,thr pre registratn deposit is 3k pound, uh I av paid last week. I av depositd 7200(maintenance fee due to d fact dt greenwich is outside inner london)+6650(bal of tuition fee) in my personal acct 4 more than a month. Pls what is my chance of getting a Visa. I look forward to ur views on ds issue. Thks kip up d gud work. One luv.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
tbaba98: My bro got his visa today for his masters programme but the problem is with d duration of his visa he was given a 6months visa for a masters programme instead of 1yr and 4months guess it was an error from the BHC went der today and they checked and collected his international passport back and a passport photograph and said they would call his mobile when the error is been corrected pls I wanna knw how long does it take to rectify this problem if anyone has an experience with such issues ild like to knw thanks.
pls peeps ur reply is much needed thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
I got my visa today, finally!!!!!. I submitted on the 4th of July, received the message that my processed application is ready for collection on the 27th of July. Who else is going to Manchester?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
ikcbn: Hi Justwise and tanx for the good work U re doing on Nairaland for us. I have read through the forum although not all cause it's pretty much.
I just got an unconditional offer to study at d university of Sheffield on 01/08/2012, was asked to pay an initial tuition fee deposit of £1000 to enable them confirm my place and start the processing of my CAS number. I am very much willing to pay this fee but am just worried about the tier 4 Visa application processing time, as in d time it might take since my due starting date is on 24/09/2012.
Please, if I stand any chance or still have a little time for that, kindly let me knw so i could pay up immediately and also list out all the necessary documents that i would be needing for the Visa application.I have also applied for a school accomodation and an ATAS certificate like i was asked to on my letter of offer.
Thanks for much anticipated help and time.

Do you have the maintenance money and your school fees balance in your account or your sponsor's account (father or mother) already for over 28 days or u just want to move it there.

If you have the money already in the account for over 28 days, then you would have no problem. Pay the deposit, University of Sheffield would send you your CAS in a maximum of 3 working days, and you can apply for your visa on thursday or friday next week.

If you dont have the money already... you gonna be racing with time as you would need to lodge the money for 28 days from today or monday. Visa processing time is 15 working days, that's 3weeks, it can be earlier but never bank on that.

If you put the money in your account on monday 6th August, 28 days would be 3rd of Sept. you could apply on the 4th and 15 working days would be 26th which is past resumption already.

Also if you have just the maintenance money in your account or your sponsor (father or mother) for over 28 days already, you can go ahead to pay your whole schoolfees and apply sometimes next week to speed up the process as this would save you a lot of time.

Do the maths and best of luck

PS. I tot school resumes on 17th (Intro week) and lectures start on the 24th cos i should be going to Sheffield too. You could also write the school and ask for a two weeks late resumption period. (learnt that from this forum)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
jantil: I nd ur views on the ff issues, my school is Greenwich university, tuitn fee is 9650,thr pre registratn deposit is 3k pound, uh I av paid last week. I av depositd 7200(maintenance fee due to d fact dt greenwich is outside inner london)+6650(bal of tuition fee) in my personal acct 4 more than a month. Pls what is my chance of getting a Visa. I look forward to ur views on ds issue. Thks kip up d gud work. One luv.....

from your description you are on track. Apply with all necessary documents and be hopeful. At no time within the 28 days or during the visa processing time should your account fall below the required balance (maintanance + schoolfees balance) irrespective of the exchange rate

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
I have been trying to track my visa application. But its been telling invalid stuff. And its abt 9 days now. So wats d issue with my tracking mode?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by johann86: 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
Kudus 2 all my naija peeps here especially justwise, darkchild and all who've contributed immensely to the success of so many peeps, pls just wanna make an enquiry, I submitted my application on the 31st and wanna know if dere's a probability I might be called for interview, has any body been called for any interview of such?? Pls I'd appreciate ur comments cheers!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
PLEASE KINDLY ADVICE
I have a friend. he has all necessary things. As in 1. money is already in account for 28 days. WAEC certificate, the challenge is that he is having has to do with his transcript. It is not yet ready even though he has applied since the first week of July. Please what is the way out. I need your candid advice pls.
the agent gave my friend the option of using his original certificate + a photocopy a previous transcript requested. But please note Transcript was written on the CAS. But based on post I have read so far on this thread, it doesnt seem advisable as Original copy of transcript has always been advised.

Please I need ur urgent advice plssssssssssssss.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samueleled: 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2012
Congrat Honey86. More great news to come smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
jantil: I nd ur views on the ff issues, my school is Greenwich university, tuitn fee is 9650,thr pre registratn deposit is 3k pound, uh I av paid last week. I av depositd 7200(maintenance fee due to d fact dt greenwich is outside inner london)+6650(bal of tuition fee) in my personal acct 4 more than a month. Pls what is my chance of getting a Visa. I look forward to ur views on ds issue. Thks kip up d gud work. One luv.....

Provided you meet other requirements, I think you are good to go. Just be careful when filling the forms so you don't make mistakes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
You do not have a problem, apply for ur visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
Olupraise: PLEASE KINDLY ADVICE
I have a friend. he has all necessary things. As in 1. money is already in account for 28 days. WAEC certificate, the challenge is that he is having has to do with his transcript. It is not yet ready even though he has applied since the first week of July. Please what is the way out. I need your candid advice pls.
the agent gave my friend the option of using his original certificate + a photocopy a previous transcript requested. But please note Transcript was written on the CAS. But based on post I have read so far on this thread, it doesnt seem advisable as Original copy of transcript has always been advised.

since ur friend has an agent working on it then let's leave the agent to do the job he was paid for
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
johann86: Kudus 2 all my naija peeps here especially justwise, darkchild and all who've contributed immensely to the success of so many peeps, pls just wanna make an enquiry, I submitted my application on the 31st and wanna know if dere's a probability I might be called for interview, has any body been called for any interview of such?? Pls I'd appreciate ur comments cheers!!
its posible that you will be called for an interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2012
honey86: I got my visa today, finally!!!!!. I submitted on the 4th of July, received the message that my processed application is ready for collection on the 27th of July. Who else is going to Manchester?
Congrat
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
honey86: I got my visa today, finally!!!!!. I submitted on the 4th of July, received the message that my processed application is ready for collection on the 27th of July. Who else is going to Manchester?

Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2012

If by your own admission you know that the original copy of the transcript has always been advised, What else do you want to hear?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
justwise: since ur friend has an agent working on it then let's leave the agent to do the job he was paid for

grin una no try at all o grin; but sha the AGENT should work for his money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyGGG(f): 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dharkchild:

At no time within the 28 days or during the visa processing time should your account fall below the required balance (maintanance + schoolfees balance) irrespective of the exchange rate

I am surprised to read this. Please are you saying the bank will divulge the current balance in your account to embassy after printing out statement or what do you mean by

Dharkchild:

At no time within the 28 days or during the visa processing time should your account fall below the required balance (maintanance + schoolfees balance) irrespective of the exchange rate
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dharkchild:

Do you have the maintenance money and your school fees balance in your account or your sponsor's account (father or mother) already for over 28 days or u just want to move it there.

If you have the money already in the account for over 28 days, then you would have no problem. Pay the deposit, University of Sheffield would send you your CAS in a maximum of 3 working days, and you can apply for your visa on thursday or friday next week.

If you dont have the money already... you gonna be racing with time as you would need to lodge the money for 28 days from today or monday. Visa processing time is 15 working days, that's 3weeks, it can be earlier but never bank on that.

If you put the money in your account on monday 6th August, 28 days would be 3rd of Sept. you could apply on the 4th and 15 working days would be 26th which is past resumption already.

Also if you have just the maintenance money in your account or your sponsor (father or mother) for over 28 days already, you can go ahead to pay your whole schoolfees and apply sometimes next week to speed up the process as this would save you a lot of time.

Do the maths and best of luck

PS. I tot school resumes on 17th (Intro week) and lectures start on the 24th cos i should be going to Sheffield too. You could also write the school and ask for a two weeks late resumption period. (learnt that from this forum)
Tanx a lot Darkchild, A̶̲̥̅♏ already on it, would b applying ASAP. Will definitely get back 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ if A̶̲̥̅♏ successsful since U̶̲̥̅̊ said sth abt also going 2 sheffield. Thanx once again, i really appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tbaba98: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
tbaba98: pls peeps ur reply is much needed thanks.
my people make una give me update concerning my question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chy22(m): 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2012

what happend to the first transcript?. If transcript is in the CAS how will u go about the date of the transcript if u apply with a new one. Because they usually state the date of the transcript to be used on the CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
tbaba98: My bro got his visa today for his masters programme but the problem is with d duration of his visa he was given a 6months visa for a masters programme instead of 1yr and 4months [b]guess it was an error from the BHC went der today and they checked and collected his international passport back and a passport photograph and said they would call his mobile when the error is been corrected pls I wanna knw how long does it take to rectify this problem [/b]if anyone has an experience with such issues ild like to knw thanks.

If it was there mistake then they should correct it in time for your bro to be able to use it.Just be patient, he would get it before his start date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2012
Good to see goodnews from visa applicants on the thread. Kudos to all who've taken time to address some of the issues presented.
EmmaIK:

Thanks. Does that mean I can apply on the 10th?

Thanks.
When exactly is your start date? You can apply 10th August. Just walk into your bank very early and print the statement for the 28 day period, then quickly get access to the internet and use the closing balance stated to verify the pounds equivalent on oanda.com, print out the conversion page, Then take your other required documents and head for the visa processing center. If you're applying from lagos, processing times is likely to take longer than applying from abuja. So u should start counting 15 working days after application depending on when you receive the alert of ur application being dispatched to abuja. If you apply on friday 10th, start counting 15 working days from monday 13th (though you are likely to get a decision on your application before the 15-day period runs out depending on application traffic and issues spotted on your application status), then check the corresponding 15th working day(excluding weekends and any public holidays within the month). If your school would have already started enrollment before that date, then you have to contact your school informing them of possible delays in your visa acquisition and request for a late enrollment date to avoid anxiety.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olupraise: 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
justwise: since ur friend has an agent working on it then let's leave the agent to do the job he was paid for

Oga justwise u fit use style fire somebody small o. the reason I asked was because I have always followed this thread. And based on my understanding of what I have been reading from this thread. The agent seems to be leading my friend astray, hence the reason I asked for clarification.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 12:19am On Aug 04, 2012
ikcbn: Tanx a lot Darkchild, A̶̲̥̅♏ already on it, would b applying ASAP. Will definitely get back 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ if A̶̲̥̅♏ successsful since U̶̲̥̅̊ said sth abt also going 2 sheffield. Thanx once again, i really appreciate

God speed mate. hope to hear good news from you soonest. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 12:36am On Aug 04, 2012
kennyGGG:

I am surprised to read this. Please are you saying the bank will divulge the current balance in your account to embassy after printing out statement or what do you mean by

Thanks

what I know is that embassy has a right to verify the information provided by applicant are true and they do it in a legal manner.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 12:38am On Aug 04, 2012
Cavenchy: Good to see goodnews from visa applicants on the thread. Kudos to all who've taken time to address some of the issues presented.

When exactly is your start date? You can apply 10th August. Just walk into your bank very early and print the statement for the 28 day period, then quickly get access to the internet and use the closing balance stated to verify the pounds equivalent on oanda.com, print out the conversion page, Then take your other required documents and head for the visa processing center. If you're applying from lagos, processing times is likely to take longer than applying from abuja. So u should start counting 15 working days after application depending on when you receive the alert of ur application being dispatched to abuja. If you apply on friday 10th, start counting 15 working days from monday 13th (though you are likely to get a decision on your application before the 15-day period runs out depending on application traffic and issues spotted on your application status), then check the corresponding 15th working day(excluding weekends and any public holidays within the month). If your school would have already started enrollment before that date, then you have to contact your school informing them of possible delays in your visa acquisition and request for a late enrollment date to avoid anxiety.

Thanks.
My start date is 10th Sept. I'm based in Abuja so I'm applying there.(Hope it'll be faster).

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2012
@Justwise and Donxavier.Is it possible to have the name of my sponsor stated on d CAS,since they will be paying d initial deposit and also to make everything authentic before d ECO,since I will also be presenting d letter of sponsor at d interview stage.Lastly will d CAS be emailed to me or couriered.Thanx a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2012
Dapto: @Justwise and Donxavier.Is it possible to have the name of my sponsor stated on d CAS,since they will be paying d initial deposit and also to make everything authentic before d ECO,since I will also be presenting d letter of sponsor at d interview stage.Lastly will d CAS be emailed to me or couriered.Thanx a lot.
Who is your sponsor? CAS will be emailed to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 04, 2012
Dapto: @Justwise and Donxavier.Is it possible to have the name of my sponsor stated on d CAS,since they will be paying d initial deposit and also to make everything authentic before d ECO,since I will also be presenting d letter of sponsor at d interview stage.Lastly will d CAS be emailed to me or couriered.Thanx a lot.

It's not necessary to have their(Your Sponsor) name on the CAS. The CAS will simply state that so so amount has been paid toward your tuition. The letter of Sponsorship covering the remaining tuition and your maintenance fees should be submitted with all other necessary documents during your Visa Application. The CAS will come by Email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Aug 04, 2012
Donxavier:
It's not necessary to have their(Your Sponsor) name on the CAS. The CAS will simply state that so so amount has been paid toward your tuition. The letter of Sponsorship covering the remaining tuition and your maintenance fees should be submitted with all other necessary documents during your Visa Application. The CAS will come by Email.
That will depend on who the sponsor is, if the sponsor is Nigerian Govt or international org then they have to be named in the CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2012
justwise: That will depend on who the sponsor is, if the sponsor is Nigerian Govt or international org then they have to be named in the CAS

Ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.