Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865853 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2012
justwise: That will depend on who the sponsor is, if the sponsor is Nigerian Govt or international org then they have to be named in the CAS

That is the answer am looking for.it is an international org.Thx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2012
Dapto:

That is the answer am looking for.it is an international org.Thx

Let your school include the name of that organisation in your CAS and include a letter from that organisation in your visa application as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyGGG(f): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2012
Dharkchild:

what I know is that embassy has a right to verify the information provided by applicant are true and they do it in a legal manner.

Dharkchild:

At no time within the 28 days or during the visa processing time should your account fall below the required balance (maintanance + schoolfees balance) irrespective of the exchange rate

Yes I agree they have legal mechanism for verifying statements of account submitted by applicants. But I kind of have difficulty accepting that the balance must remain same even during the processing period. Please do you know if that is possible? I need to know so I dont do something stupid
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2012
justwise:

Let your school include the name of that organisation in your CAS and include a letter from that organisation in your visa application as well.

Thanks, Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donbigboy(m): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2012
Pls, ladies and gentleman of the Almighty nairaland I want to submit my application at the embassy next week having gotten all my document but I am yet secure an accomodation for my studies in the uk. Pls what should i filled in the colume on tier 4 general student form 2.9 which says one should provide an address of an accomodation in uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2012
kennyGGG:

Yes I agree they have legal mechanism for verifying statements of account submitted by applicants. But I kind of have difficulty accepting that the balance must remain same even during the processing period. Please do you know if that is possible? I need to know so I dont do something stupid

It's not that the balance must remain the same. It's that whatever transactions made on the account, the balance musnt fall below the required amount so that when they verify the either meet the required amount or more but never less.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2012
donbigboy: Pls, ladies and gentleman of the Almighty nairaland I want to submit my application at the embassy next week having gotten all my document but I am yet secure an accomodation for my studies in the uk. Pls what should i filled in the colume on tier 4 general student form 2.9 which says one should provide an address of an accomodation in uk

Are you under 18?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kdavis: 11:19am On Aug 04, 2012
Dharkchild:

Just read from page 1 of part 2 only, all your answers are there. If you have any further question, feel free to ask.

Also read the tier4 migrant guidance from the UKBA website. Cheers
I was able to get some answers after reading most of the thread but not all. The bank said they will issue me a letter of reference is this ok? so I am using my bank statement for my application,should I fill self or my father as my sponsor in d app form, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donbigboy(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2012
Well, i'm not under 18 year old.
Am an adult. Going for my master degree programme
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2012
kdavis:
I was able to get some answers after reading most of the thread but not all. The bank said they will issue me a letter of reference is this ok? so I am using my bank statement for my application,should I fill self or my father as my sponsor in d app form, thanks.

A letter of reference is ok, just an additional prove that the account is yours.

If the money is in your account, u don't need to fill anything about a sponsor. Which section of the form are you confused with?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 11:44am On Aug 04, 2012
donbigboy: Well, i'm not under 18 year old.
Am an adult. Going for my master degree programme

Good, then you don't need to fill that section, read the instructions on part 2 again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
i used the interactive forms this page as guidelines when i filled my forms. You can check it out as well. Mind you its only for guidance
www.uel.ac.uk/international/advice/documents/InterAppendix8April12.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holloziggi: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
Tnx 4 all ur contributions,a friend of mine got admission 2study in manchester but his mantainance moni isn't complete yet n hasn't bin dere 4 28days but he cn get dem by middle of september,is it possible 4 him 2ask a friend at d bank 2prepare a fake bank statement stating otherwise that the moni has bin lodged 4 28days n inflate the account balance..pls reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
holloziggi: Tnx 4 all ur contributions,a friend of mine got admission 2study in manchester but his mantainance moni isn't complete yet n hasn't bin dere 4 28days but he cn get dem by middle of september,is it possible 4 him 2ask a friend at d bank 2prepare a fake bank statement stating otherwise that the moni has bin lodged 4 28days n inflate the account balance..pls reply

He will get 10yrs ban for that if caught. Please we don't encourage fraud here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
holloziggi: Tnx 4 all ur contributions,a friend of mine got admission 2study in manchester but his mantainance moni isn't complete yet n hasn't bin dere 4 28days but he cn get dem by middle of september,is it possible 4 him 2ask a friend at d bank 2prepare a fake bank statement stating otherwise that the moni has bin lodged 4 28days n inflate the account balance..pls reply
How can you come here and mention the word 'fake' smh. I don't know what you expect to hear. Again shaking my head. It's a 10 year ban if caught anyway, tough luck with that.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
honey86: i used the interactive forms this page as guidelines when i filled my forms. You can check it out as well. Mind you its only for guidance
www.uel.ac.uk/international/advice/documents/InterAppendix8April12.pdf

Yeah, I used it as well, as suggested by kunlewoye. Very helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seannopo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
please i will like to know how much 7200 pounds amounts to when converted to naira.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
seannopo: please i will like to know how much 7200 pounds amounts to when converted to naira.

You can check here.

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seannopo(m): 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
FutureDon:

You can check here.

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

this is what i saw N1,831,250 is this correct
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
seannopo:

this is what i saw N1,831,250 is this correct

Yes. Should in-case you want to leave it in your account for the 28 days rituals, it's advisable to add a little more just to give room for fluctuations in currency rates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyGGG(f): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2012

Did I hear this Hollodo say Fake?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seannopo(m): 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
FutureDon:

Yes. Should in-case you want to leave it in your account for the 28 days rituals, it's advisable to add a little more just to give room for fluctuations in currency rates.

i will also like to know if weekends are counted in the 28 days period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
seannopo:

i will also like to know if weekends are counted in the 28 days period.

Yes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by g2db2do(m): 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
Dharkchild:

Yes.
tot its 28 WORKING days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
g2db2do: tot its 28 WORKING days

Its days and not working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:15am On Aug 05, 2012
honey86: I got my visa today, finally!!!!!. I submitted on the 4th of July, received the message that my processed application is ready for collection on the 27th of July. Who else is going to Manchester?
Congrats! I was actually looking out for ur news. How come they contacted u on the 27th and u just went for it? Yes, I will be going to Manchester(Salford Uni) if granted my visa... Next week Wednesday should make it 15 working days from when I applied(July 19). Hopefully, I'll be able to share the good news on here. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikcbn(m): 2:27am On Aug 05, 2012
Hi guyz, plz i jst wanna make a lil enquiry cos i wanna apply 4 my visa,applying online i.e filling and submittin d̶̲̥̅̊ vaf9 form online and den print and fill d̶̲̥̅̊ vaf8 appendix form and submit it togeda wit Your documents @ d̶̲̥̅̊ embassy and printing both out,fill and submit 2 d̶̲̥̅̊ embassy 4 process, which i§ faster and more preferrable??
Again wat english profeciency do U̶̲̥̅̊ answer @ ϑaτ̅ section were U̶̲̥̅̊ re being asked d̶̲̥̅̊ one Your sch used 2 judge U̶̲̥̅̊ given ϑaτ̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't take all these english test like TOEFL & IETL
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by nwabobo: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2012
Dharkchild:

what I know is that embassy has a right to verify the information provided by applicant are true and they do it in a legal manner.

Much as it's advisable to leave the money in the bank until a decision is made on the application, UKBA doesn't check the balance on the day they go for verification as they are certain information the bank is not obliged to divulge to them. What they do is to practically send a copy of the statement you provided with other details eg DOB to the bank to confirm the authenticity of same. They can also request for the contact details of the account holder if the feel they need to contact same. I know a couple of people who have made withdrawals after submitting their applications but I do seriously advise against that just incase one is refused and needs to reapply ASAP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Roke93: 11:04am On Aug 05, 2012
Pls justwise i nid ur help. I applied 4 a student visa dis April bt i was refusd based on d fact dat d money in my acct (7200)didnt last up to 28days. And nw i want 2 go and reapply on tuesday. I have my new CAS and d money i have in my acct is over (9000pounds) and it has stayd up to 28days. So tell me if am góod 2 go.
Tanks justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2012
Roke93: Pls justwise i nid ur help. I applied 4 a student visa dis April bt i was refusd based on d fact dat d money in my acct (7200)didnt last up to 28days. And nw i want 2 go and reapply on tuesday. I have my new CAS and d money i have in my acct is over (9000pounds) and it has stayd up to 28days. So tell me if am góod 2 go.
Tanks justwise

You will be fine considering that fact that you have corrected the past mistake. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
@ justwise. Those that do their Visa application in Abuja, can they still be able to track the apllication process online? Even if the payment of Courier service was made.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
Makomen Omonkhomion: @ justwise. Those that do their Visa application in Abuja, can they still be able to track the apllication process online? Even if the payment of Courier service was made.

It doesn't matter where you did your application, the tracking process is still the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.