Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (867437 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
justwise:

Election is around the corner and immigration takes the centre stage, its the same in every EU country not just the UK.

You think UAE or Singapore will fair better than the UK in terms of attitude towards immigration?

UAE is horrible especially to unskilled workers.

Singapore is actually better than UK in terms of immigration
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

UAE is horrible especially to unskilled workers.

Singapore is actually better than UK in terms of immigration

Does Singapore have a problem with xenophobia? It seems that barely a month goes by these days without news reports highlighting friction between Singaporeans and foreign workers in the tiny, multi-ethnic city-state.

The population has increased dramatically in recent decades thanks to an influx of foreigners, who now make up around two out of five residents. This has put a growing strain on jobs, housing and infrastructure, and raised fears about the dilution of the Singaporean national identity.

It has also—predictably—resulted in an angry backlash, with many taking to social media to disparage foreign workers, from highly paid “foreign talent” to heavily exploited laborers from China and the Indian sub-continent.

http://thediplomat.com/2014/02/singapores-foreigner-problem/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

http://thediplomat.com/2014/02/singapores-foreigner-problem/

At least it's not an official government policy.

UK government hates immigrants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Dec 24, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

At least it's not an official government policy.

UK government hates immigrants.

It will be better to have govt policy on immigration than getting it from random citizens on the street or work place.

Hate immigrants? No they don't, harsh immigration policy? Yes but not hate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hello house is it a must someone must receive approval mail for his visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 9:33am On Dec 25, 2014
Christmas time is a season of great joy. It is a time of
remembering the past and hoping for the future. May the glorious message of peace and love fill you with joy during this wonderful season.
wishing merry Christmas and prosperous new year to all of the Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AskGodAnything: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Xmas to Us all still waiting approval....it is well and good news for us all before the end of the year. Merry Xmas happy great people.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 25, 2014
AMEN!!!....thanks and my Regards to all well wishers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AskGodAnything: 10:58am On Dec 25, 2014
@DrSkofid...when did u apply? I applied 8th Dec and it got to Abuja 10th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
AskGodAnything:
@DrSkofid...when did u apply? I applied 8th Dec and it got to Abuja 10th.

I applied 9th Dec plus dependents (wife and kid) at Ikeja...the traffic holdup dat day na 'Godforbid'...nearly miss my appointment because of holdup...but GOD punish devil dat day!
I think if ones skool resumption date is still far, they will delay procession...because they seems to process those with a closer resumption date first b4 those whose resumption date is still far....dats what i think...it might be right or wrong!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Zardic: 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
hello, every1 in the ouse! pls i want to kno if Dubai offer student visa.?. they recently gimme admission for a professional programme there, and its gonna take me like 2 to 3 weeks, but what i learned is that Dubai no dey give person under 40 visa again. and i dont hav enough to sponsor 2person according to the Dubai visa new rules nao....please dunno what to do and the programme is sweetable for my profession i dont want to loose it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
olukenzo:

Let me get this straight. In what order was it?

...Submitted and paid for Tier 4 App online and got an interview date...Printed statement of account...Attended interview with Courier fees...

I am using the same account where my Maintenance money was paid to pay for the visa app. I have been a little worried about when to print the statement of account so as not to get things mixed up. Before or after paying visa app fee?

I have had a thought -- Submit online app and pay early around 1:00 on 29th day, then print statement much later in the day so the account reflects the payment and shows my actual balance --the closing balance. What do you think?
Hi, sorry can't access that e-mail, you can post your enquiries here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 12:06am On Dec 26, 2014
Merry Xmas everyone. You guys are doing great job. God bless you all, particularly, My ogas; justwise, Don and great Spike.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 26, 2014
royalsweetness:

Hi, sorry can't access that e-mail, you can post your enquiries here

Alright. First off, thanks for responding.

As I said, my inquiries are towards securing accommodation before my arrival in Aberdeen. My Visa application is unfortunately close to arrival and I don't have the luxury of searching out a place myself. I have been on gumtree, studentpad, flatmaterooms and the school even promised to link me with a current student from my country, all these, so far, has not bore tangible fruits.

I have an elderly friend over there who has advised I don't go beyond AB10 7-- in my search for a place --basically, the Garthdee area. She gave reasons to include getting to school in instances of unfavorable weather conditions etc.

I am looking for a flatshare in the AB10 7-- area, do you know anyone who has one or sb who won't mind going into such an arrangement? I have a budget of 100 p.w, how realistic is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
olukenzo:

Alright. First off, thanks for responding.

As I said, my inquiries are towards securing accommodation before my arrival in Aberdeen. My Visa application is unfortunately close to arrival and I don't have the luxury of searching out a place myself. I have been on gumtree, studentpad, flatmaterooms and the school even promised to link me with a current student from my country, all these, so far, has not bore tangible fruits.

I have an elderly friend over there who has advised I don't go beyond AB10 7-- in my search for a place --basically, the Garthdee area. She gave reasons to include getting to school in instances of unfavorable weather conditions etc.

I am looking for a flatshare in the AB10 7-- area, do you know anyone who has one or sb who won't mind going into such an arrangement? I have a budget of 100 p.w, how realistic is this?
I think you should widen your search to places around the city centre as you might not find a house in Garthdee now that many students are also resuming with you. Most students live in the city centre anyway and cold hasn't killed anybody yet, lol. Houses are hard to come by these days talk more when you limit yourself to one postcode, if you resume here and still prefer the idea of garthdee then you can always move there.Your budget would get you a decent house, also always check your spam mail because most gumtree responses go there. Ehmmm I don't know of any available houses in garthdee but I'd try to inform you if I do, when are you going to be in Aberdeen.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
royalsweetness:

I think you should widen your search to places around the city centre as you might not find a house in Garthdee now that many students are also resuming with you. Most students live in the city centre anyway and cold hasn't killed anybody yet, lol. Houses are hard to come by these days talk more when you limit yourself to one postcode, if you resume here and still prefer the idea of garthdee then you can always move there.Your budget would get you a decent house, also always check your spam mail because most gumtree responses go there. Ehmmm I don't know of any available houses in garthdee but I'd try to inform you if I do, when are you going to be in Aberdeen.

Don't you think living in the City centre would cost more? because now you have to factor in transportation...What is the average cost of a room in the city centre, let me bring my inherent Ijebu skills to fore?

lol, I have not gotten visa yet. But I am looking towards the 29th or 30th of January depending on how early my visa application is approved.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
olukenzo:

Don't you think living in the City centre would cost more? because now you have to factor in transportation...What is the average cost of a room in the city centre, let me bring my inherent Ijebu skills to fore?
lol, I have not gotten visa yet. But I am looking towards the 29th or 30th of January depending on how early my visa application is approved.
Thanks.

The usual advice applies to you.
Don't try booking accomodation from thousands of miles away!
You could get scammed or enter a contract that you will regret.

Book a hotel for a few days, then you can look round, talk to your school and students union
and make a decision on places that you can go and see.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
worry359:

The usual advice applies to you.
Don't try booking accomodation from thousands of miles away!
You could get scammed or enter a contract that you will regret.

Book a hotel for a few days, then you can look round, talk to your school and students union
and make a decision on places that you can go and see.

Yes, I understand you. It's "letting season" and the rush is mad.

I am only going to be booking a place.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 7:45am On Dec 27, 2014
olukenzo:

Thanks.
S

Your budget can get you a house in places within walking distance to the city centre. Yeah the only disadvantage is that you have to buy a bus pass for fifty pounds per month. Anyway if you have a place to stay for free while hunting for a house here then your Garthdee plan might work, but if not just mention that you prefer Garthdee but would also consider places within walking distance to the city centre. There are a lot of people doing flatshare here too, while searching on gumtree always click the flatshare option, that comes up with cheaper houses unlike when u click rent cheesy with any luck you can save 50 pounds off your rent budget to spend on a bus pass
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2014
royalsweetness:

Your budget can get you a house in places within walking distance to the city centre. Yeah the only disadvantage is that you have to buy a bus pass for fifty pounds per month. Anyway if you have a place to stay for free while hunting for a house here then your Garthdee plan might work, but if not just mention that you prefer Garthdee but would also consider places within walking distance to the city centre. There are a lot of people doing flatshare here too, while searching on gumtree always click the flatshare option, that comes up with cheaper houses unlike when u click rent cheesy with any luck you can save 50 pounds off your rent budget to spend on a bus pass

Are you saying I can get a flatshare of £50 PW in town?

The places around Garthdee and cults I am seeing are above £100 PW, an average of £150 self. There isn't so many openings on gumtree now, maybe because it is January. Flatsharemate has helped more.

Which areas should I look at if I were to settle for the city center?

I really wish this discussion can go beyond here, what do you say? WhatsApp? It's fine if you insist.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 8:05am On Dec 27, 2014
olukenzo:

Are you saying I can get a flatshare of £50 PW in town?

The places around Garthdee and cults I am seeing are above £100 PW, an average of £150 self.

I really wish this discussion can go beyond here, what do you say? WhatsApp? It's fine if you insist.

Lol, I don't have whatsapp and I insist. I didn't say you can pay 50 pounds per week o, I said If you are lucky, you can save 50 pounds per week off your house budget, meaning you can find flatshares of 70-80 pounds per week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2014
royalsweetness:

Lol, I don't have whatsapp and I insist. I didn't say you can pay 50 pounds per week o, I said If you are lucky, you can save 50 pounds per week off your house budget, meaning you can find flatshares of 70-80 pounds per week.

Alright. You have been kind enough. I updated my questions while you were typing. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 8:19am On Dec 27, 2014
olukenzo:

Alright. You have been kind enough. I updated my questions while you were typing. Thanks.

Lol as many questions as you want to. I don't even know what the areas are called, I only have a lonnng list of places not to look at, which might not even be exhaustive. Just do what I do, when you find an ad you like, google its walking distance to union street cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 27, 2014
royalsweetness:

Lol as many questions as you want to. I don't even know what the areas are called, I only have a lonnng list of places not to look at, which might not even be exhaustive. Just do what I do, when you find an ad you like, google its walking distance to union street cheesy

as many questions as you want to ...hehehe...

Please list some of those places..

What do they mean by "double room", "single room" and why do they have to make that distinction? I have googled it, but I'd like sb from my side of the world to explain it, maybe I'll geddit now.

Also, I discovered some of the rooms are bills included and others are not.. Pata pata, what is the average cost of a flatshare bill inc.?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 9:00am On Dec 27, 2014
olukenzo:

as many questions as you want to ...hehehe...

Please list some of those places..

What do they mean by "double room", "single room" and why do they have to make that distinction? I have googled it, but I'd like sb from my side of the world to explain it, maybe I'll geddit now.

Also, I discovered some of the rooms are bills included and others are not.. Pata pata, what is the average cost of a flatshare bill inc.?
The bills are always anywhere from 60-150 pounds each person depending on how much your flatmates like to waste cheesy if you are considering an ad with no bills included, prepare to pay for bills seperately from your rent. Double rooms are just basically big rooms, they are like the size of a typical Nigerian room and single rooms are smaller rooms, I've always preferred single tho, it shouldn't matter. Uhmmm places like Dyce, cove, tillydrone, are too far away uhmm I'd mention more if I remember
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 27, 2014
royalsweetness:

The bills are always anywhere from 60-150 pounds each person depending on how much your flatmates like to waste cheesy if you are considering an ad with no bills included, prepare to pay for bills seperately from your rent. Double rooms are just basically big rooms, they are like the size of a typical Nigerian room and single rooms are smaller rooms, I've always preferred single tho, it shouldn't matter. Uhmmm places like Dyce, cove, tillydrone, are too far away uhmm I'd mention more if I remember

I'd like a room big enough to contain a chair and table, plus some leg room.

That'd be all for now. Thanks for your help. Please remember to update the list of the no go areas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hello, just to be sure.. should the oanda rate I write on my statement be the rate as at the day of funds deposit or the day of printout?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
Skimpymoi:
Hello, just to be sure.. should the oanda rate I write on my statement be the rate as at the day of funds deposit or the day of printout?
The day that you go for interview ( or the closest to that)
The visa office can check at the rate on the day of your interview. (and the rate is getting worse every day)
So make sure that your funds are enough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
Quick one,

My account has clocked 28 days today, but i want to print from 2nd to 29th, i.e tomorrow. So, can I submit my online application today and print tomorrow?

Or

must my closing balance reflect the same date as my online application submission date? i.e application date must be equal to closing balance date?

cc justwise, worry359, pato231
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
olukenzo:
Quick one,

My account has clocked 28 days today, but i want to print from 2nd to 29th, i.e tomorrow. So, can I submit my online application today and print tomorrow?

Or

must my closing balance reflect the same date as my online application submission date? i.e application date must be equal to closing balance date?

I'm sorry for intrusion, because I wasn't mentioned.
Anyway, Yes, U can submit Ur online application today and print SOA tomorrow in as much as Ur SOA covered a consecutive 28 day period which ended not later than 31 days before the online application date.

Therefore, it's not compulsory for the closing balance to reflect the same date as the online application submission.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
portelli:

I'm sorry for intrusion, because I wasn't mentioned.
Anyway, Yes, U can submit Ur online application today and print SOA tomorrow in as much as Ur SOA covered a consecutive 28 day period which ended not later than 31 days before the online application date.

Therefore, it's not compulsory for the closing balance to reflect the same date as the online application submission.

Haba Bros, it's not like that. Thank you. I really appreciate this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
olukenzo:
Quick one,

Or

Yes you can.success in your application,

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.