Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866283 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
daway:
so if i withdraw part of the funds, that will affect my application right? i get your point, on another note can i use an uncle,brother or relative's statement with a letter stating that the account owner is my guardian? will i stand any chance?

If the TRUTH is that you do not have the money for your visit then best to stop thinking about
ways to out smart the VO.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
daway:
sighs...nawa oh. so are if my account balance reduces less than whats required at the point of application then will affect my visa ish?
by the way, can i use an uncle's or brother's statement with a letter supporting that they are my guardian? will that too not work?
Yes if the required funds ain't complete it's a big issue,the VO has to be sure you can take care of yourself when you arrive the uk and not be a burden to the system.
They have to be your legal guadian to be able to use their statement,this is even dicey,get the money from the uncle or brother and have it the account with your own name this saves you lotta stress and explanations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by daway: 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
one more important question house, if after paying the deposit to the school and then the visa application didn't turn out well...will the school refund the deposit or that one is gone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
daway:
one more important question house, if after paying the deposit to the school and then the visa application didn't turn out well...will the school refund the deposit or that one is gone?
Most of the unis do refund deposit if Visa is refused. But contact ur uni directly to know specifically about their refund policy. ur pm reply tomorrow. gudnait.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tshegs19: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2014
axtwwppw:
got my entry clearance today... thanks to the house for guidance and encouragement.
please, did you pay for courier after gettn yur Approval mail or Before?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tjbrown: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2014
The visa appointment type for dependant visa, is it standard or tier 4 student
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2014
tshegs19:
please, did you pay for courier after gettn yur Approval mail or Before?
Before, the same day I paid for EC application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2014
axtwwppw:
Before, the same day I paid for EC application.

Let me get this straight. In what order was it?

...Submitted and paid for Tier 4 App online and got an interview date...Printed statement of account...Attended interview with Courier fees...

I am using the same account where my Maintenance money was paid to pay for the visa app. I have been a little worried about when to print the statement of account so as not to get things mixed up. Before or after paying visa app fee?

I have had a thought -- Submit online app and pay early around 1:00 on 29th day, then print statement much later in the day so the account reflects the payment and shows my actual balance --the closing balance. What do you think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
tjbrown:
The visa appointment type for dependant visa, is it standard or tier 4 student

standard with no interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
daway:
one thing that is still unclear to me is: having satisfied all requirements including the statement of accounts...will the UK embassy contact the bank asking for the amount in the bank account or just confirm the flow of transactions and to confirm the authenticity of the account statement?

The bank will not disclose account balance to anybody apart from the account owner and the only thing embassy always ask the bank is that if the account statement is real but my advise for you is to leave the money there until a decision has been made on your application.Best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
olukenzo:

Let me get this straight. In what order was it?

...Submitted and paid for Tier 4 App online and got an interview date...Printed statement of account...Attended interview with Courier fees...

I am using the same account where my Maintenance money was paid to pay for the visa app. I have been a little worried about when to print the statement of account so as not to get things mixed up. Before or after paying visa app fee?

I have had a thought -- Submit online app and pay early around 1:00 on 29th day, then print statement much later in the day so the account reflects the payment and shows my actual balance --the closing balance. What do you think?
I paid for courier the same day I paid for my visa application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
Amdan:
@justwise, spikesC and others,

Pls help me confirm the following checklist for my wife and child dependant visa application:

1. Wife
marriage certificate
Wedding pics
Tb certificate
Two passport photo
Intl passport
Completed online application form
Confirmation of appointment

2. Child
Intl passport
Two passport photo
Tb certificate
Naming ceremony pics
Confirmation if appointment

3. For both
One bank statement stamped, signed and dated showing established presence funds for both of them for 28days.
Oanda printout for the day I submitted the applications.
Oanda conversion of the held amount

You will need to send them your tenancy agreement as a prove to show that you have an apartment to accommodate them and make sure the maintenance money is for 9 month then you are good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

The bank will not disclose account balance to anybody apart from the account owner and the only thing embassy always ask the bank is that if the account statement is real but my advise for you is to leave the money there until a decision has been made on your application.Best of luck

Don't be too sure about that, embassy will definitely found out and if the bank refuses to corporate then the bank will be blacklisted, Nigerian banks have always corporated with Uk embassy and this is why their names are not in this list https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/370997/20141106_immigration_rules_appendix_p_final.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

You must take note!
Whatever you believe on bank confidentiality.
We have seen this many many times.
The Embassy or Visa Officer have ways of asking questions and finding information on bank accounts.
If things are not as stated then they will find out!
Boosted accounts, false accounts or funds withdrawn they will find out!
ALSO
When you get to the UK funds can be checked at point of entry (unlikely)
But they WILL be checked by your school.
The school has a duty as part of their licence to check and report problems with student funds
Study funds and accomodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Amdan:
@justwise, spikesC and others,

Pls help me confirm the following checklist for my wife and child dependant visa application:

1. Wife
marriage certificate
Wedding pics
Tb certificate
Two passport photo
Intl passport
Confirmation of appointment

2. Child
Intl passport
Two passport photo
Tb certificate
Naming ceremony pics
Confirmation if appointment

3. For both
One bank statement stamped, signed and dated showing established presence funds for both of them for 28days.
Oanda printout for the day I submitted the applications.
Oanda conversion of the held amount

How about your child's birth certificate and evidence of your accommodation in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tjbrown: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samzoe: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
hello y'all. thanks for your ideas which had helped countless people of which I had benefited myself.

I have an admission with LSC and had paid my full fees however got stucked with proof of maintenance fee for visa purposes. I would like to know if a letter from a minister of the Federal republic of
Nigeria can serve as a substitute for presenting my own statement of account.
the letter states d Government would sponsor me so would like to know if that would suffice.
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
samzoe:
hello y'all. thanks for your ideas which had helped countless people of which I had benefited myself.

I have an admission with LSC and had paid my full fees however got stucked with proof of maintenance fee for visa purposes. I would like to know if a letter from a minister of the Federal republic of
Nigeria
can serve as a substitute for presenting my own statement of account.
the letter states d Government would sponsor me so would like to know if that would suffice.
thanks

That is a bit confusing, which ministry is sponsoring you and do you work for the the ministry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samzoe: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
justwise:

That is a bit confusing, which ministry is sponsoring you and do you work for the the ministry?

its the ministry of planning. I had once done and internship with them. so I just wanna use my influence of knowing d minister to get a letter of sponsorship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
samzoe:

its the ministry of planning. I had once done and internship with them. so I just wanna use my influence of knowing d minister to get a letter of sponsorship.

That will be tricky for you especially if the ''scholarship'' does not exist...just a letter. If they try to verify it and hit the wood work then it could result in a ban. If the minister himself wants to sponsor you then getting the money into your account will be more appropriate thing to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by davdjayj: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hello all have a question. My appointment date is tomorrow. I have printed an account statement in USD from 22nd November to 22nd December. Clearly written on the bank statement. However i only have transactions on the 4th 12th 19th which probably do not show up to 28days of transaction . But the opening and closing balance are clearly written and dates ,and the money is way more than required as i have already paid school fees in full. Could date of transactions as not up to 28days affect ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2014
davdjayj:
Hello all have a question. My appointment date is tomorrow. I have printed an account statement in USD from 22nd November to 22nd December. Clearly written on the bank statement. However i only have transactions on the 4th 12th 19th which probably do not show up to 28days of transaction . But the opening and closing balance are clearly written and dates ,and the money is way more than required as i have already paid school fees in full. Could date of transactions as not up to 28days affect ?
which date did you apply for Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by davdjayj: 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2014
portelli:

which date did you apply for Visa?

Applied on the 20th. from 22nd that should be the 28th day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
davdjayj:

Applied on the 20th. from 22nd that should be the 28th day
in my opinion, I suggest you print out ur bank statement from 22nd Nov to 20th Dec because according to the rules, bank statement should cover a consecutive 28 day period. And I don't think there will be problem concerning the transaction if the closing balance has the required fund and held for 28 day period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dt03(m): 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hello everyone,

A school in UK that I applied for Masters degree just noticed that the date of birth in my WAEC certificate and my international passport are different, I have my birth certificate which is thesame as my international passport. They said I should contact WAEC for amendment which I know is not possible.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue? or how will i go about it? Their offer has been accepted by me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dt03:
Hello everyone,

A school in UK that I applied for Masters degree just noticed that the date of birth in my WAEC certificate and my international passport are different, I have my birth certificate which is thesame as my international passport. They said I should contact WAEC for amendment which I know is not possible.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue? or how will i go about it? Their offer has been accepted by me
contact ur high school they can help with the amendment. Afterall , date of birth is stated in the senior secondary school testimonial not even in waec certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by davdjayj: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
portelli:

in my opinion, I suggest you print out ur bank statement from 22nd Nov to 20th Dec because according to the rules, bank statement should cover a consecutive 28 day period. And I don't think there will be problem concerning the transaction if the closing balance has the required fund and held for 28 day period.

Thanks date covers till 22nd.Guess it will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amdan: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
justwise:

How about your child's birth certificate and evidence of your accommodation in the UK?

I have included both and submitted my at attended my appointment today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
@justwise @pato @worry358

I got a call from the courier service today that they were around my house trying to locate my house and they could not locate my house. I just gave them my Mum's number to call and deliver it because im not in town. When she got the parcel I called her again to check what was inside, she did and said no visa found. I called her back again to read carefully through all the documents to see anything like denial letter and she said nothing. After 2hrs she called and said she saw something like work permit 20hrs and so on.......... I jumped up immediately. On Saturday I got a mail from UKVI after tracking again saying that they strongly advise me not to purchase any travel booking, I was so so worried. I want to use this medium to thank everyone here, my man Pato, my boss @justwise,worry358 and every other person. Also I want to advise anyone waiting not to worry so much if you don't see any approval mail, I think they don't send it always........

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
ironbender101:

I got a call from the courier service today that they were around my house trying to locate my house and they could not locate my house. I just gave them my Mum's number to call and deliver it because im not in town. When she got the parcel I called her again to check what was inside, she did and said no visa found. I called her back again to read carefully through all the documents to see anything like denial letter and she said nothing. After 2hrs she called and said she saw something like work permit 20hrs and so on.......... I jumped up immediately. On Saturday I got a mail from UKVI after tracking again saying that they strongly advise me not to purchase any travel booking, I was so so worried. I want to use this medium to thank everyone here, my man Pato, my boss @justwise,worry358 and every other person. Also I want to advise anyone waiting not to worry so much if you don't see any approval mail, I think they don't send it always........

Congratulations, safe trip.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
ironbender101:

Congrats brov,I knew all along it will be issued,good your HK trip is still good to go.Now you have 101 reasons to stop learning how to cook egusi soup.Lol

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jelmusboy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Fellows, I want to make payment for the visa application but my payment was unsuccessful wig the GTB Mastercard despite having more than enough money in the account and with correct card details input.

What can I do to make this payment and my visa application centre is Ikeja.

Thanks and treat as a matter of urgency

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.