Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865603 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 10:45am On Jan 28, 2015
samzoe:
hello house thanks your wonderful contribution as its had always been an eye opener especially to Just wise and Spike C.
My question goes thus: I have an admission already and had even paid my fees but encountered some challenges which were unexpected when it came to providing my statement for proof of maintenance funds.
My agent says its possible for him to help fund an account for me through links in the bank, however the account would be in my name but won't be mine as they would just open it using my name and lodge funds into it or the second option would be to give Me a statement that bears my surname and that would act as my father's statement.
I really doubted theses processes that were shown me as options and that's why am presenting to the house for your advices which has been a blessing to many.
thanks
This is a sure way to end up BANNED for fraud.
The THIEF agent will still take your money!
The visa officials will have seen hundreds of these scams and be ready to recognise them.
Your best action is to run away from that THIEF agent and process the application yourself.
At worst you will be rejected with a clean record.
Stay with that THIEF agent and you will end up with a ban that will affect your chances for almost any good country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samzoe: 10:55am On Jan 28, 2015
worry359:

This is a sure way to end up BANNED for fraud.
The THIEF agent will still take your money!
The visa officials will have seen hundreds of these scams and be ready to recognise them.
Your best action is to run away from that THIEF agent and process the application yourself.
At worst you will be rejected with a clean record.
Stay with that THIEF agent and you will end up with a ban that will affect your chances for almost any good country.

am grateful for those words I appreciate u! I would just carry my leg and pick race from the guy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 9:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hello Justwise, hope all is well with you?

I need your advice here please, the working conditions on my biometric card (visa) is stated incorrectly as 10 hours per week instead of 20 hours during term time.

I really need your advice on this situation please....

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2015
princessmoi:
I need your advice here please, the working conditions on my biometric card (visa) is stated incorrectly as 10 hours per week instead of 20 hours during term time.
Thank you.

What are you doing (studying) in the UK?
10 hour limit is for courses BELOW degree level.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
worry359:

What are you doing (studying) in the UK?
10 hour limit is for courses BELOW degree level.

Yes, I am studying in the UK, doing my degree and in my final year. I just extended my stay but the working hours on my biometric was stated incorrectly.

What do I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
princessmoi:

Thank you.

Are you studying in college or university?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2015
justwise:

Are you studying in college or university?

In a college but its validated by a university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
princessmoi:

In a college but its accredited by a university.

We're you given 20 hrs before the extension?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
justwise:

We're you given 20 hrs before the extension?

No, I wasn't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
princessmoi:

No, I wasn't.

Then 10hrs given to you is correct because you are studying in a college.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
justwise:

Then 10hrs given to you is correct because you are studying in a college.

I thought you're given 20 hours when studying at degree level?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
princessmoi:

I thought you're given 20 hours when studying at degree level?

No, only when you are doing it with an university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
justwise:

No, only when you are doing it with an university.

Oh okay. The school sent them an email today regarding the issue and they replied back saying I can go for an Administrative review, which the school said its a complicated process but they will assist depending on my decision.

..more reason I wanted advice from you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:38pm On Jan 28, 2015
princessmoi:

Oh okay. The school sent them an email today regarding the issue and they replied back saying I can go for an Administrative review, which the school said its a complicated process but they will assist depending on my decision.

..more reason I wanted advice from you.

Your college is public funded?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
justwise:

Your college is public funded?

Yes, it is public funded
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
princessmoi:

Yes, it is public funded

Its 10hrs per week, private college students are not even allowed to work.

Your school should know the rule and stop trying to give you false hopes. Do you know any body in your school with 20hrs working visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 11:55pm On Jan 28, 2015
justwise:

Its 10hrs per week, private college students are not even allowed to work.

Your school should know the rule and stop trying to give you false hopes. Do you know any body in your school with 20hrs working visa?

Its actually a public funded college. No, not really I don't know any international student in the school with 20 hours working visa.

What do you advice I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:02am On Jan 29, 2015
princessmoi:

Its actually a public funded college. No, not really I don't know any international student in the school with 20 hours working visa.

What do you advice I do?

I don't think there is any much you can do really, the rule is the rule, 10hrs for public funded colleges and 20hrs for university, its nothing new.

You can try AD and see how it goes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 12:10am On Jan 29, 2015
justwise:

I don't think there is any much you can do really, the rule is the rule, 10hrs for public funded colleges and 20hrs for university, its nothing new.

You can try AD and see how it goes.

Okay, thank you for the advice I appreciate. But these people and their rules sef...

Do you think there will be jobs for 10hrs? Also will I be able to work full time during the holidays?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2015
princessmoi:

Okay, thank you for the advice I appreciate. But these people and their rules sef...

Do you think there will be jobs for 10hrs? Also will I be able to work full time during the holidays?

10hrs job are mostly cleaning jobs...2hrs Mon-Fri. Sure you can work longer than that during summer long holidays
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 4:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
justwise:

10hrs job are mostly cleaning jobs...2hrs Mon-Fri. Sure you can work longer than that during summer long holidays

Alright. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tshegs19: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2015

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:15am On Jan 30, 2015
tshegs19:

After 29th of May, 2015.

Source:
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/409/Immigration-procedures-after-arrival-will-change-in-future

Waste of tax payers' money. These idiots just don't have any more ideas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mycece: 7:06am On Jan 30, 2015
Pls how much cash can I carry when entering the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:35am On Jan 30, 2015
mycece:
Pls how much cash can I carry when entering the UK.

Not more than £9,900. Anything above that must be declared or you face a seizure + fine of about £5000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2015
spikesC:

Actually its a good idea, they have cleverly ended fake student visa stamp from agents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jelmusboy(m): 9:59am On Jan 30, 2015
Good day fellows.

Am currently in Salford, Greater Manchester. Please, where can I buy palm oil and other kitchen utensils. I don't want my foods to waste. I need to start cooking now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2015
jelmusboy:
Good day fellows.

Am currently in Salford, Greater Manchester. Please, where can I buy palm oil and other kitchen utensils. I don't want my foods to waste. I need to start cooking now
Akaad Afro Caribbean Food Store Ltd
Tel: 0161 737 4022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by missunknown: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=Skimpymoi post=30206281]

Leaving on saturday hopefully. About to get a Virgin Atlantic ticket. You?[/quote
I'm in school already, trying to settle in, what course are you coming in for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrmaze(m): 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
pls house am confuse here..I apply for international biz and hospitality mgt.I was offered international biz..buh wen my cas came out it was hospitality. I decided to apply because time was against me.. I applied last week and was interview on Monday.just today I got email dat a decision has been made on my qpplication .at about 4 pm I got anoda mail from d school DAT my course has been cancelled for jan. due to no of people DAT registered buh was offer alternate course MSC marketing or human resources..pls I wan to know if I will b refuse base on d development from d school. I dont noo if d visa section of d embassy has been informed about dis and if I will affect my application.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ironbender101(m): 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Akaad Afro Caribbean Food Store Ltd
Tel: 0161 737 4022

Im in Salford as well. Met with Nairalander 4mula and we've been cool ever since. E don get babe sef, lol. Drop ur contact.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
spikesC:

Lol,how are you man,moved to Gillingham now.how do I contact u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.