Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865813 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
worry357:

Better still!
Let her open a bank account for you in your name with a UK bank and put the money in there, let it mature for 28 days minimum and also get a letter from her stating what she has paid in.
That way there are no bank charges and the letter will satisfy the visa officer.

You can't have UK bank account opened for you while you still live in Nigeria. That is fraud
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jnrbanks: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
justwise:

You can't have UK bank account opened for you while you still live in Nigeria. That is fraud

oga justwise pls check d oda thread....need ur own view on something... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry357: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
justwise:

Ok sorry sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
spikesC:

You're asking the same question in different ways and you've been answered so many times.
Print 28 days statement that shows the maintenance money and submit it
Am sorry guys just wanted to be sure nothing is wrong with the account I will use
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
I want to pay for the NHS fee, I was told is 150pounds, under the visa route category, I chose PBS TIER 4 student, and under the VISA TYPE, n I chose TIER 4(General) student, when I got to the payment page it was calculated in dollars and It show 351 dollars, is there any mistake I made, ideas needed please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dammy112: 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
@Justwise...maybe she will send the money to nigeria then to be on a safer side.thnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hitunes(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
Pls oooo, as a Pgd student....... I nid advice choosing eda d school accommodation or private renting.....Best 1 2 stay + reasons.... Pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
hitunes:
Pls oooo, as a Pgd student....... I nid advice choosing eda d school accommodation or private renting.....Best 1 2 stay + reasons.... Pls
That depends on your pocket my brother. School accommodation is better if you can afford it, it has all inclusive bills (uutilities, rents) and close proximity to school, usually walking distance or free bus is provided. However, this type of accommodation is usually on the high side.
Private accommodation is not cheap either, but you could get a cheaper rent compared to school residences, how cheap it is on the long run depends on the extras you pay. Extras such as transport to school, internet, utilities etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
naijamark:

That depends on your pocket my brother. School accommodation is better if you can afford it, it has all inclusive bills (uutilities, rents) and close proximity to school, usually walking distance or free bus is provided. However, this type of accommodation is usually on the high side.
Private accommodation is not cheap either, but you could get a cheaper rent compared to school residences, how cheap it is on the long run depends on the extras you pay. Extras such as transport to school, internet, utilities etc.

Really? Free bus to school cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
Dammy112:
@Justwise...maybe she will send the money to nigeria then to be on a safer side.thnx

Yes that will make things a lot easier
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
Preciousstones:

Really? Free bus to school cheesy
Yes, free bus to school. Ask your school about it, because many schools offer this services usually through the SRC. In Loughborough University, the service is free for mostly weekdays and it's non-discriminatory as both students and visitors can hop in.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2015
naijamark:

Yes, free bus to school. Ask your school about it, because many schools offer this services usually through the SRC. In Loughborough University, the service is free for mostly weekdays and it's non-discriminatory as both students and visitors can hop in.

They should have a school bus cuz they don't have student accomodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
Preciousstones:

They should have a school bus cuz they don't have student accomodation.
Says who? There are many things you don't know about lboro, which includes the fact that the school has the largest single campus in UK.
See link to halls of residence www.lboro.ac.uk/services/campus-living/accommodation/halls/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
naijamark:

Says who? There are many things you don't know about lboro, which includes the fact that the school has the largest single campus in UK.
See link to halls of residence www.lboro.ac.uk/services/campus-living/accommodation/halls/

No o 'm not going to lboro lol. 'M heading to coventry university london campus.I have to arrange student accommodation for myself cheesy 'm sure you re mistaken university of east anglia with lboro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
Preciousstones:

No o 'm not going to lboro lol. 'M heading to coventry university london campus.I have to arrange student accommodation for myself cheesy 'm sure you re mistaken university of east anglia with lboro
I know you're for Coventry, I'm just giving the lboro example which is applicable in other schools. Unfortunately, it appears Coventry doesn't offer this service, except on "open days" of course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2015
naijamark:

I know you're for Coventry, I'm just giving the lboro example which is applicable in other schools. Unfortunately, it appears Coventry doesn't offer this service, except on "open days" of course.

Yes their london campus does not offer this service.they attached a letter on how I can go about accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 09, 2015
who is going to the University of Manchester. Have you received your CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 12:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
dannyabba:
Hello house.

Please does anyone know the IOM rate for the test this month?
#25890 call them to book an appointment even before you pay.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kriptic: 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Good evening everyone.

Please, I would like to know if there are photo booths at the visa application centers in Lagos where I can take my passport photographs before submitting my application. The photographers in my area can't seem to get the specifications right.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
Kriptic:
Good evening everyone.

Please, I would like to know if there are photo booths at the visa application centers in Lagos where I can take my passport photographs before submitting my application. The photographers in my area can't seem to get the specifications right.

Thank you.

Yes, they'll be lurking around the visa center. But the price is always on the high side
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kriptic: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2015
spikesC:

Yes, they'll be lurking around the visa center. But the price is always on the high side
Thank you. I'd rather pay a higher amount with the certainty that the passport photographs will come out right. Also, I have read on a few places online that the visa processing is faster at the Ikeja center than the VI center. Do you know if this is true?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 2:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
scoobs:
#25890 call them to book an appointment even before you pay.

Bless you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hello house is it a must someone must pay for IHS surcharge my agent said someone must pay before processing. CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
Kriptic:

Thank you. I'd rather pay a higher amount with the certainty that the passport photographs will come out right. Also, I have read on a few places online that the visa processing is faster at the Ikeja center than the VI center. Do you know if this is true?
Yes it's best to have the passport there as they are abreast with the specification more than neighbourhood photo shops, but they are not perfect and can also make mistakes, so look at the passport before they print, about ikeja being faster, yes I agree it is faster than the VI center. Best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
olatejucole:
Hello house is it a must someone must pay for IHS surcharge my agent said someone must pay before processing. CAS

Yes, it's a new rule
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kriptic: 10:50am On Jun 11, 2015
pato231:

Yes it's best to have the passport there as they are abreast with the specification more than neighbourhood photo shops, but they are not perfect and can also make mistakes, so look at the passport before they print, about ikeja being faster, yes I agree it is faster than the VI center. Best of luck
Thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Afam4eva(m): 11:33am On Jun 11, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 11:55am On Jun 11, 2015
justwise:

How is that fraud, strictly speaking? People can have offshore accounts, can't they.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dammy112:
@Justwise...its my mum,so is it possible to use her account in UK to apply in Nigeria or it has 2 be a naija acct

As long as she is your biological or adopted mother (with birth certificate), has a letter consenting that you can use her money, and is legally in the UK, then you are fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
ocheejemb:

How is that fraud, strictly speaking? People can have offshore accounts, can't they.

Yes people do open offshore bank account but do you know the condition?

How will you be able to open bank account here in the UK for somebody living in Nigeria? Please explain to me how you go about doing that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
justwise:

[b]Yes people do open offshore bank account [/b]but do you know the condition?

How will you be able to open bank account here in the UK for somebody living in Nigeria? Please explain to me how you go about doing that.
Conditions or no conditions, you've just affirmed that opening offshore accounts is possible and legitimate.
However, I'll advise @dammy112 to simply present the mum's UK statement of account.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.