Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865691 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2015
mimimonroe:
Hello Fam,

Please I need a bit of guidance

I have gotten admission at the university of Manchester

My Fees is 20K Pounds
How much do I need to show in my account to apply for a VISA

Thank You

You need to show £7380 (maintenance money) + 20K, that is if you haven't paid your fees or make accommodation deposit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 11:32am On Jun 29, 2015
Hello cuties,

Please i need help on dis 28-day countin cos some folks arnd me hav started confusing me grin,I deposited money in my acct on d 11th of June,wen will d 28 days counting end?
And also can I pay the IHS before d 28 days counting is over?and one more thing smileycan I withdraw from d acount during d counting since d amount in the account is way over the required amount for d visa application?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:41am On Jun 29, 2015
ugojay:
Hello cuties,

Please i need help on dis 28-day countin cos some folks arnd me hav started confusing me grin,I deposited money in my acct on d 11th of June,wen will d 28 days counting end?
And also can I pay the IHS before d 28 days counting is over?and one more thing smileycan I withdraw from d acount during d counting since d amount in the account is way over the required amount for d visa application?
Thanks

9th July.
You can pay anytime
Yes you can withdraw and run the account as you use to, as far as the balance stays at and above the required amount
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Kindly advise on which banks have decent transfer charges. I paid in some money with my GTB and the rate they used was quite high..so thinking of using my Zenith acct
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks spikesC smiley

Please don't be offended cos I hav more questions to ask smiley
1. Is there any oda form to fill apart 4rm d online visa form?
2.Is there any form dat is required to be downloaded?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
justwise:

Yes online application is all you need but you still need to printout out the same form and attach all your supporting documents for physical submission.

Basically after submitting the form online you print it out and attach the same set of documents you uploaded online then submit at the visa centre on your appointment day.

Thank you. Please, I cant understand the following:

The UK Visa Application Centre in Ikeja is converted to a User Pays VAC.

Please note that with effect from the 11th May 2015, the UK Visa Application Centre - Ikeja will be
converted from a Free to Use to a User Pays Visa Application Centre

What does "Free to Use" and "User Pays"Visa Application Centre means?

Thank you Sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hitunes(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
Any1 going 2 University of Essex?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyone: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Who has noticed the new biometrics residence permit arrangement where you will be issued a temporary visa for 30 days in your home country and you will have to travel to UK within that 30 days to get the main visa? Can someone please throw more light on this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennyone:
Who has noticed the new biometrics residence permit arrangement where you will be issued a temporary visa for 30 days in your home country and you will have to travel to UK within that 30 days to get the main visa? Can someone please throw more light on this?
I don't understand also
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
thababe:
Kindly advise on which banks have decent transfer charges. I paid in some money with my GTB and the rate they used was quite high..so thinking of using my Zenith acct
Zenith charges up to 338 naira to a pound
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
ugojay:
Thanks spikesC smiley

Please don't be offended cos I hav more questions to ask smiley
1. Is there any oda form to fill apart 4rm d online visa form?
2.Is there any form dat is required to be downloaded?

Yes, there is a vaf9 form that you have to download, print and fill. It contains quite a bit of what you already filled in online so it won't be much of a problem to you. Infact, it is just a checklist of the requirements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
kennyone:

There is no main visa. When you get to the UK, you'll go to the city where your school is located and register (mark present uncle).
They will issue you with a biometric card. The biometric card is what you would be using in the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 9:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
Thanks..@spikesC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
usqoh:

Thank you. Please, I cant understand the following:

The UK Visa Application Centre in Ikeja is converted to a User Pays VAC.

Please note that with effect from the 11th May 2015, the UK Visa Application Centre - Ikeja will be
converted from a Free to Use to a User Pays Visa Application Centre

What does "Free to Use" and "User Pays"Visa Application Centre means?

Thank you Sir.

kennyone
spikec, justwise, ugojay and any1. Please answer the question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
usqoh:
kennyone
spikec, justwise, ugojay and any1. Please answer the question.
you might pay extra $94 if you apply at ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 30, 2015
scoobs:
you might pay extra $94 if you apply at ikeja.

ok. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tofs2: 8:55am On Jun 30, 2015
Hey all, Please who has done the medicals in Lagos? I want to find out the actual time it takes to take the test and get the certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 9:46am On Jun 30, 2015
kennyone:

YES, THAT IS NEW STUDENT VISA RULE, THE MAIN VISA IS ISSUED WHEN YOU ARRIVE STUDY DESTINATION
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NJN: 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hello All,

Kindly assist with enquiries below;

1. How long does it take for interview invitation after visa application?
2. There is a situation. A part-pymt was made to school IRO tuition fee. This is yet to be acknowledged by the school. Hopefully this should be done before end of this week. Meanwhile I'll like to commence ma visa application process. Can I go ahead (and hope that before I'm invited for interview my CAS is accordingly updated to reflect this payment) or should I wait for the school to acknowledge and update my CAS before I commence visa application? In summary, can CAS be updated between period of visa application and interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
tofs2:
Hey all, Please who has done the medicals in Lagos? I want to find out the actual time it takes to take the test and get the certificate.

I did mine on Thursday and got it on Monday by noon. and Please make your appointment very early like 9 so that you can leave early.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olatejucole: 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
How will someone calculate the oanda conversion rate for the whole 28days and when will someone print the oanda rates for the whole 28days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
tofs2:

Take your X-ray between 8 and 9. The Xray itself takes less than 1 minute. Then get your certificate by 4:30 the same day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
These UK visa people sef, their fees are getting too much. Visa fees then health surcharges then TB test now fee paying centers!! Is it not too much? #justwondering

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tofs2: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
Thanks Bruv, How long did you spend there?
kenyandude:

I did mine on Thursday and got it on Monday by noon. and Please make your appointment very early like 9 so that you can leave early.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by scoobs: 4:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Petitediva14:
These UK visa people sef, their fees are getting too much. Visa fees then health surcharges then TB test now fee paying centers!! Is it not too much? #justwondering
and if u apply to teleperformance ikeja be ready to pay 18k extra.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin@petitediva-- we ar money making machines for the uk govt..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tofs2: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
Is there priority visa service For tier 4 students. teleperformance puts tier 4 in the list when not logged in but not in the list when logged in and its non-refundable. Anybody to shed more light on this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by PweedyB(f): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
So we have a maximum of 30days 2 leave for the UK after visa is received?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kriptic: 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hello house,

I have been trying for the last few days to pay for my appointment online and I keep getting the message "sorry, your order is no longer payable. Contact the merchant with the following reference number....."..I have tried contacting their technical support group but those guys are complete dumbfucks who do not have the foggiest idea. Please who can advise me on how to get past this stumbling block? I'm getting very frustrated with this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
[quoteSo we have a maximum of 30days 2 leave for the UK after visa is received?][/quote]

Yes @pweedyB

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.