Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864151 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
Fola10:
Hello,

I would like to know if the 28 day rule means 28 working days or just normal 28 days including Saturdays and Sundays.

Plus if I start to count the 28 days from 9th July when will it be complete?

Thank you

Normal 28 days
6th August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
dot123:
Hi everyone,up till now I've been a silent observer on this forum. I received my visa today!!!! (submitted on Tuesday in Abuja) and i just want to express my appreciation to the guys on this forum without whose detailed help i wouldn't have been able to get it together like i did.... shout out especially to Justwise and spikesC! thanks a lot guys! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dot123: 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
Anyone going to Nottingham?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
dot123:

Yayyy!!!!congrats,I think some Nottingham peeps are here.well done
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whizkidy: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
dot123:
Hi everyone,up till now I've been a silent observer on this forum. I received my visa today!!!! (submitted on Tuesday in Abuja) and i just want to express my appreciation to the guys on this forum without whose detailed help i wouldn't have been able to get it together like i did.... shout out especially to Justwise and spikesC! thanks a lot guys! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you submitted this Tuesday or last week Tuesday?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by PweedyB(f): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
Interesting interview, who is going to aberdeen?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dot123: 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
whizkidy:
you submitted this Tuesday or last week Tuesday?

This Tuesday (30th of June).......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by whizkidy: 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
dot123:

This Tuesday (30th of June).......
if I may ask, is it a student visa? Seems to be super fast
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dot123: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
whizkidy:
if I may ask, is it a student visa? Seems to be super fast

yep, tier 4 students visa....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyone: 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
dot123:

yep, tier 4 students visa....
that was super fast. Submitted mine on Wednesday at ikeja and it was sent to Sheffield. One quick question, can you throw more light on the 30 days vignette thing based on what is on your visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
ugojay:
Anyone here planning on going to uni of bradford?

Used to live in that city and very close to the uni. You will enjoy it, very affordable though far from London

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dot123: 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2015
kennyone:
that was super fast. Submitted mine on Wednesday at ikeja and it was sent to Sheffield. One quick question, can you throw more light on the 30 days vignette thing based on what is on your visa?

It was probably that fast cos the visa was issued in Abuja smiley.

The Vignette is a visa which is valid for only 30 days from the 'valid from' date, the date typed into mine is 1 wk before the date i put in my visa application as my intended travel date. It came with a document which states the following
' Your passport contains your visa, with which you can travel to the UK. Your visa is valid for 30 days only. If you do not travel to the uk within this 30 day period your visa will expire and you will need to apply for a replacement visa which will be charged at 109 GBP'
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
@buddwizer:-Thanks 4 d explanation,I guess I'm alittle bit calm now.And I can peacefully apply on d 10th grin

@chenn: where did u get d rule dat states :IHS is paid only using a current account Mastercard? undecided

@justwise-Hav hrd some good and bad tins abt d city,but who cares abt d city,I care abt d school..Thanks for d info

Pweedy:how was ur interview girl?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
ugojay:
@buddwizer:-Thanks 4 d explanation,I guess I'm alittle bit calm now.And I can peacefully apply on d 10th grin

@chenn: where did u get d rule dat states :IHS is paid only using a current account Mastercard? undecided

@justwise-Hav hrd some good and bad tins abt d city,but who cares abt d city,I care abt d school..Thanks for d info

Pweedy:how was ur interview girl?

What are the bad things you heard?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tofs2: 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
PweedyB:
I Am! what course are you going for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kayluv21: 7:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
dot123:
Am going to Nottingham.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by PweedyB(f): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
@ugojay I was interviewed by an asian she was jovial all through, and tried to twist their usual questions but I gave her their ususal answers I noticed she was particular about accommodation,took about 20mins.

@tofs2 international Business.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=ugojay post=35445158]@buddwizer:-Thanks 4 d explanation,I guess I'm alittle bit calm now.And I can peacefully apply on d 10th grin

@BUDDWIZER, pls find below the email I exchange with GTB and tell me what you u think?

Dear GT Bank,

Please can you kindly explained to me in layman terms through this medium or phone call why I cannot be able to make online transaction using my MasterCard while saving account is tied to MasterCard and there is sufficient fund in my saving account; just as the case below refers:

Thank you, I am expecting your Swift Response, my Esteemed Bank.

THEIR RESPONSE!

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank's Card Services.

In response to your enquiry, please be informed that the transaction was declined because you do not have sufficient funds in your current account to complete the payment.

Please note that your current account is your default account for international transactions. You may fund the account via Internet banking and attempt the payment again.

Thank you for banking with us.

To ensure the safety of your funds, please do not disclose your full card number in any written correspondence or emails. If you have any card issue that requires sending your card number, kindly mask/asterisk (*) all numbers except the first six and last four digits of your card (e.g. 539983******1234)

OLUWABUNMI JAMES

Card Services , E-Business and Card Services Group
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guaranty Trust Bank plc
Centralized Processing Centre, Lekki, Lagos.
Tel: +234-4480027 | Web: www.gtbank.com

Wouldn't you rather bank with us?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Meritl: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
dot123:

Hello, Nottingham calling.
I'm going there too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
dot123:

Wow!!! So fast! Congratulations....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Petitediva14(f): 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=chenn post=35453006][/quote]

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Guaranty Trust Bank's Card Services.

In response to your enquiry, please be informed that the transaction was declined because you do not have sufficient funds in your current account to complete the payment.

Please note that your current account is your default account for international transactions. You may fund the account via Internet banking and attempt the payment again.

Thank you for banking with us.

To ensure the safety of your funds, please do not disclose your full card number in any written correspondence or emails. If you have any card issue that requires sending your card number, kindly mask/asterisk (*) all numbers except the first six and last four digits of your card (e.g. 539983******1234)

OLUWABUNMI JAMES

Card Services , E-Business and Card Services Group

What language are these people speaking? Someone please explain. I have said it before GTB is mad!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MrMarcus(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
PweedyB:

Finally someone going to Aberdeen is here!
I should be there by 25th of August.
to undertake MSc Petroleum Engineering.

Have you been in touch with blessing egbe Aberdeen Nigeria rep?
where u @ the pre-departure session held during the wee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by buddwizer: 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=chenn post=35453006][/quote]

Your savings and current account are linked to the card but only one of them can be the default, in your case its the current. when you perform most online transactions, it just selects the default. But it can be changed. I have changed mine with gtb several times. Everytime i get issued a new card it comes with my current as default. what they would do is to de-link the current, leave the savings on it, then link the current back again, so the savings is now the default. You can walk into any branch and explain exactly what you want.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chenn(m): 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
buddwizer:

Your savings and current account are linked to the card but only one of them can be the default, in your case its the current. when you perform most online transactions, it just selects the default. But it can be changed. I have changed mine with gtb several times. Everytime i get issued a new card it comes with my current as default. what they would do is to de-link the current, leave the savings on it, then link the current back again, so the savings is now the default. You can walk into any branch and explain exactly what you want.

@BUDDWIZER; pls which is better (cheap and affordable) to operate with master card, current or savings? And since you said you bank with GTB, tell me how I can effect the change of the "default' from current to savings??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by buddwizer: 6:10am On Jul 04, 2015
chenn:

@BUDDWIZER; pls which is better (cheap and affordable) to operate with master card, current or savings? And since you said you bank with GTB, tell me how I can effect the change of the "default' from current to savings??
Its cheaper on the savings oh, no COT charged. you will fill an instruction form at any branch, just explain to them exactly what you want to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by thababe: 7:05am On Jul 04, 2015
Hello! Is anyone here applying with dependants right away? Someone advised I apply for myself first but decided to just do it together. Justwise or anyone do you know if there any advantages if the main applicant applys first? Also my University seems to be quite unpopular amongst Nigerians..University of Exeter.. maybe cus it's in a small town. Also had admission to Birmingham but sadly had to turn it down as the course content ( modules ) were a complete deviation of what I wanted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 9:20am On Jul 04, 2015
@justwise: bad tins like;d city is full of chavs,drug dealers,well in dis 21st century pple can exaggerate tins dats y I can't really bliv d full story. smiley

@pweedy-Dats great news..best of luck..

Hmmm,it seems I'm d only one goin to uni of bradford dis september undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2015
ugojay:
@justwise: bad tins like;d city is full of chavs,drug dealers,well in dis 21st century pple can exaggerate tins dats y I can't really bliv d full story. smiley

@pweedy-Dats great news..best of luck..

Hmmm,it seems I'm d only one goin to uni of bradford dis september undecided

That person must be hanging around junkies and chavs. Drug dealers and chavs are in every city in the UK, i lived there for 6 years and never got troubled by that. Jobs may be an issue in Bradford though Leeds is just 20mins away which has more job opportunities and more vibrant.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2015
thababe:
Hello! Is anyone here applying with dependants right away? Someone advised I apply for myself first but decided to just do it together. Justwise or anyone do you know if there any advantages if the main applicant applys first? Also my University seems to be quite unpopular amongst Nigerians..University of Exeter.. maybe cus it's in a small town. Also had admission to Birmingham but sadly had to turn it down as the course content ( modules ) were a complete deviation of what I wanted.

You can all apply together

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
Pls is there anyone going to Heriot-Watt university, Edinburgh?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ugojay(f): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
@Justwise--;Dmayb d person has been living with junkies..well,checkin some pics of d city,its not bad at all...atleast its better dan some cities here in naija grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
ugojay:
@Justwise--;Dmayb d person has been living with junkies..well,checkin some pics of d city,its not bad at all...atleast its better dan some cities here in naija grin

Bradford was redesigned in 2010, its now a modern city and your university is located at the heart of the city close to one of the oldest colleges in the UK, so student life in that area is a busy one. If you a party animal then you have enough clubs and bars just within 2mins from your uni

If you are not going to live in uni accommodation then search around BD1, BD5 and BD7 these areas are closer to uni

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.