Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73446 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2011
And you the idiota that knows what controls the world, lives in a country with such a sorry state. What ann illogical brainwashed mop,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by palomba26: 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2011
I think the slapping was not necessary. Even if she claims she was a witch for Jesus He should have responded by praying for her instead of slapping. Not even Jesus Who is the son of God slaps his followers. I think many men of God today are going too far and forgetting to preach the real true message of salvation. Jesus himself was not rich while he lived on earth. He wanted us to realize that the things of this world are vanity and will only last temporary. Instead he wanted us to love each other and build riches in heaven. Religion is a doctrine invented by men to please men. I think it would be right if he issue an apology to the woman and his congregation for his mistake in this matter. And maybe even offer that lady a first class travel around the world in his many private jets.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Goshen360(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2011
@ mac73, TenKobo, maclatunji, tavon and musKeeto GOD BLESS YOU. It's going to take God for innocent followers of oyedepo, who sees the outside but not the things under to be set free. I pray God himself decree from heaven: LOOSE THEM AND LET MY PEOPLE GO.

@ stagger
AM STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO EMAIL ME, I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU.GOSHEN360@YAHOO.CO.UK. THANKS
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by bashydemy(m): 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
Well in my own way of thinking, I believe all is a plan work.The girl was paid to come out and act but he forget the scene and how to act it and oyedepo get mad and slap the girl. is like someone paid to act like a blind man and when he get on stage he never act well, na paid job jor
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by maclatunji: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2011
logica:

Hey yo Speedy, what do you have to say about this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/8952641/Saudi-Arabia-execution-of-sorcery-woman-condemned.html

So Oyedepo= Saudi Government

Stop being a dumdum, irrespective of what you might think, the Lady was executed by the government of her country based on their laws. If you want to really make me ashamed, go to Saudi Arabia and take laws into your own hand without their court processes and see what your tale will be. I am afraid your response will be a waste because I have better things to attend to.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2011
maclatunji:

So Oyedepo= Saudi Government

Stop being a dumdum, irrespective of what you might think, the Lady was executed by the government of her country based on their laws. If you want to really make me ashamed, go to Saudi Arabia and take laws into your own hand without their court processes and see what your tale will be. I am afraid your response will be a waste because I have better things to attend to.
Fvcking turd, I am telling you that you should stay far away from this thread as you have no moral leverage; considering that the headquarters of your religion is way worse than Oyedepo. Yep, be afraid b!tch; pack up and run. Waste or not, just run along.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by gohome: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2011
To say i am appalled, disgusted and completely and utterly put off my this video would be the understatement of this year!!!!! WOW! WOW! Just WOW! Who is this man masquerading as a man of God? What right does he have to damn someone to hell IN ADDITION TO SLAPPING HER. OMG, I am angry!!!!!!!!! This is my problem with RELIGION. What happened to the true meaning of Christianity? Followers of Christ. Never in a billion years would i imagine Jesus to do something like this and this man is supposed to be a "Man of God". I am utterly disgusted. I pity Nigerians who are blinded by religion and a LOT of them are. It's sickening. Nigerians are the most religious people in the world, yet they are they most judgmental, intolerant, hypocrites you would ever meet. 3/4ths of them have no clue what Christianity actually means. They are so caught up in religion, they become dumb and stupid and can no longer or refuse to think for themselves. I hate it. It's annoys me to no end.

I hate the religious excuses people use to justify hate and intolerance. I hate the hypocrisy. I hate the fact that the average Nigerian doesn't know what love means (not ROMANTIC love). Love, plain and simple. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. It's in the bible, right? They don't. So quick to judge and condemn, yet afraid to speak up when a "Man of God" does something so blatantly wrong. "Touch not my anointed". Indeed!! We are all God's anointed.

Most churches are BUSINESSES. Money making endeavors, with charlatans and smart crooks at the helm. Don't even get me started on that. I am disgusted by this video and i am prepared to ATTACK and CRUCIFY anyone who dares to write anything I consider nonsense in the comment section. Thank you.

*What the Bleep! with Nigerians and witchcraft?!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Natasha2(f): 10:58pm On Dec 20, 2011
WTF shocked shocked shocked and he's supposed to be a man of God damn, if she is a witch isn't it his job to deliver her? what warranted the slap? was he angry or what? this is bleeped up and not right at all.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 21, 2011
All I can say is this happened over a year ago at shiloh 2010, wonder why it took so long to come to light.

The thing about the bishop is that in almost all his teachings, he makes reference to the fact that witches and wizards are scared of him and he also makes mention of how as a young minister ministering in a church he called out all the witches to the altar and they submitted themselves to him. He also says that where the church is presently located was a witch coven, but since the church was built, all of them have cleared the road. This he says every now and then it's ingrained in the head of every follower of his he's king over withches. Apparently, he wanted to move a step ahead by giving them practical demonstration but the 'witch' in question did not read the script. The script called for her to admit tacitly that she's a witch and she and her fellow witches prowl the highway causing accidents and sucking blood. Saying she's a witch for Jesus spoilt the show.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Jenifa1: 2:04am On Dec 21, 2011
these pastors need to start exorcising wizards too.
why is it always witches (women) that are called out?

phxc:

All I can say is this happened over a year ago at shiloh 2010, wonder why it took so long to come to light.

The thing about the bishop is that in almost all his teachings, he makes reference to the fact that witches and wizards are scared of him and he also makes mention of how as a young minister ministering in a church he called out all the witches to the altar and they submitted themselves to him. He also says that where the church is presently located was a witch coven, but since the church was built, all of them have cleared the road. This he says every now and then it's ingrained in the head of every follower of his he's king over withches. Apparently, he wanted to move a step ahead by giving them practical demonstration but the 'witch' in question did not read the script. The script called for her to admit tacitly that she's a witch and she and her fellow witches prowl the highway causing accidents and sucking blood. Saying she's a witch for Jesus spoilt the show.

hahahaha where did you get this from?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 21, 2011
Jenifa_:

hahahaha where did you get this from?

That's what witches are supposed to do according to him. You should listen to him talk about witches, he's like an expert on the subject.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by sniperwolf(m): 3:21am On Dec 21, 2011
I can't confessed my sins or make an open restitution because I might have done worse. I committed fornication for,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by eagleu: 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
phxc:

That's what witches are supposed to do according to him. You should listen to him talk about witches, he's like an expert on the subject.

Witch, witch, witch is just an African red meat used by western preachers to catch the people's attention. I read that German, American, and British preachers usually take a quick course on the topic of witches when preparing to preach in sub-saharan Africa.
Apparently, witches and wizards exist only in Africa in 2011 embarassed
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
Chei i've been away for ages it seems, so how many nlanders have gone for their slaps? How many are still foaming lazily?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2011
Natasha,,:

WTF shocked shocked shocked and he's supposed to be a man of God damn, if she is a witch isn't it his job to deliver her? what warranted the slap? was he angry or what? this is bleeped up and not right at all.
Apparently little foaming going on this evening, so maybe some can be induced. Nobody's got transport fare to canaanland yet, na nairaland convulsions whey plenty.
@question, what warranted the slap was the winch's audacity. She trespassed, and any other trespasser also qualifies for a slap or more as this is christmas period,bonus. If a thieving politician comes to his pulpit and declares that he's a thief for Jesus, i guarantee dirty slap on Oyedepo's behalf.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 11:39pm On Dec 21, 2011
Image123:

If a thieving politician comes to his pulpit and declares that he's a thief for Jesus, i guarantee dirty slap on Oyedepo's behalf.
LOL. The slap will be on the back of the politician, followed by a big "HALLELUYAH".
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2011
Image123:

@question, what warranted the slap was the winch's audacity. She trespassed, and any other trespasser also qualifies for a slap or more as this is christmas period,bonus. If a thieving politician comes to his pulpit and declares that he's a thief for Jesus, i guarantee dirty slap on Oyedepo's behalf.

Ha Mr Image;

Really? Oyedepo  will slap a thieving politician?

Don't be silly mister!!!

I'm really surprised you are not condemning this cowardly act, but then you are entitled to your views.

Do you support violence against people [b]accused [/b]of witchcraft?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2011
logica:

LOL. The slap will be on the back of the politician, followed by a big "HALLELUYAH".
Let me hear your loudest Amen.
Seriously, you got me laughing. But you know that would not happen na. It will be a slap on the face and maybe some curses to aid.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2011
dare2think:

Ha Mr Image;

Really? Oyedepo  will slap a thieving politician?

Don't be silly mister!!!

I'm really surprised you are not condemning this cowardly act, but then you are entitled to your views.

Do you support violence against people [b]accused [/b]of witchcraft?
Think now dare, this is nigeria, where slap is NOT violence, at least not yet. You don't go to police station and say they slapped me, it's still laughable in nigeria. Students slap, children sLap, parents slap, policemen slap. Slap is still normal in the nigerian context. It's nigeria remember, nigeria. It's a different world here. Dstv, startimes and co is affecting many people here. Oyedepo's not making a doctrine of slapping people. The winch had guts to come all the way to his church, and to his front to say what she said. He didn't go to her house to slap her, or tell his congregation to go and be slapping witches. And he obviously wasn't slapping her to 'deliver' her. He seemed more to slap her to DARE/provoke her. He's not afraid of winch, that's the 'moral lesson' from the video. Not all these castles people are building in the air about their disgust and anger. Crying more than the bereaved. Sect of frustrated and impotent people all over.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

Think now dare, this is nigeria, where slap is NOT violence, at least not yet. You don't go to police station and say they slapped me, it's still laughable in nigeria. Students slap, children sLap, parents slap, policemen slap. Slap is still normal in the nigerian context. It's nigeria remember, nigeria. It's a different world here. Dstv, startimes and co is affecting many people here. Oyedepo's not making a doctrine of slapping people. The winch had guts to come all the way to his church, and to his front to say what she said. He didn't go to her house to slap her, or tell his congregation to go and be slapping witches. And he obviously wasn't slapping her to 'deliver' her. He seemed more to slap her to DARE/provoke her. He's not afraid of winch, that's the 'moral lesson' from the video. Not all these castles people are building in the air about their disgust and anger. Crying more than the bereaved. Sect of frustrated and impotent people all over.

how ab out i come slap your mother and call her a witch? wink wink lets see how laughable it is now?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

I think it is you who ought to think deep Mr Image.

The fact that 'this is Nigeria' makes it right not to [b]adhere [/b]to basic human rights standard abi? What about the basic Christian standard set by Jesus?
That of Love, Compassion and humility. None of which was on display in that video?

How did you come to the [b]conclusion [/b]that the poor girl is a 'winch'? The [b]charlatan [/b]did not let her finish explaining herself as she was cut short and condemned already. I find it disturbing that someone like you who advocate the values and principles of Christianity find nothing wrong in slapping a girl that was not giving the opportunity to explain herself.

But hey, the slapping is justified because it is in Nigeria.  We ought to be able to acknowledge when a wrong has been perpetrated regardless of the statue or position of the perpetrator. That my friend, is part of several reasons Nigeria lacks behind  economically, politically and structurally.

Have you seen a 'winch' before?  How can you identify one? How can you deduce that one is a 'winch'

Please read the message you put under your Id and apply it. Jesus died for that girl's sins too, so who the hell is that [b]charlatan [/b]to condemn her to hell?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 2:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

shocked
I rest my case. No point reasoning with stupidity
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Zikkyy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

You don't belong here. This section is for adults. I think it's time the owners of NL create a section for Kids, where you can fully express yourself. Don't come back here till you are grown-up angry
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2011

tavon:

shocked

Zikkyy:

You don't belong here. This section is for adults. I think it's time the owners of NL create a section for Kids, where you can fully express yourself. Don't come back here till you are grown-up angry

dare2think:

The fact that 'this is Nigeria' makes it right not to [b]adhere [/b]to basic human rights standard abi? What about the basic Christian standard set by Jesus?
That of Love, Compassion and humility. None of which was on display in that video?

How did you come to the [b]conclusion [/b]that the poor girl is a 'winch'? The [b]charlatan [/b]did not let her finish explaining herself as she was cut short and condemned already. I find it disturbing that someone like you who advocate the values and principles of Christianity find nothing wrong in slapping a girl that was not giving the opportunity to explain herself.

But hey, the slapping is justified because it is in Nigeria.  We ought to be able to acknowledge when a wrong has been perpetrated regardless of the statue or position of the perpetrator. That my friend, is part of several reasons Nigeria lacks behind  economically, politically and structurally.

Have you seen a 'winch' before?  How can you identify one? How can you deduce that one is a 'winch'

Please read the message you put under your Id and apply it. Jesus died for that girl's sins too, so who the hell is that [b]charlatan [/b]to condemn her to hell?

You're out!!!!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Enigma(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

@image123

Nna bros, you nor think this one through or carefully at all!

For one, slapping never was acceptable in Nigeria ------ the only thing is that the victims usually have no means of redress and that is why the perpetrators generally get away with it.

Look at it this way following your logic:

1. Corruption: this is Nigeria now and corruption is normal --- unlike Western etc countries; so we really should not be criticising corrupt politicians; it is normal!
2. Child s.ex abuse: no be today uncle/cousin/etc dey take style catch that pre-teen girl for behind cupboard or when papa and mama no dey; this is how it is in Naija now, unlike Western countries; so people who do it should not be criticised because it is normal in Nigeria,
3. Chancing ("obtaining" in modern Naija lingo and a form of bullying elsewhere): no be today tough guyman dem dey seize canvas shoes from feet of the weaker guys; this is Naija now and it is normal; people who do it should not be criticised,

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

cool
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
ogaju007:

how ab out i come slap your mother and call her a witch? wink wink lets see how laughable it is now?
Come to think of it, i'm not much of a fan of oyedepo, but this is a case of 25wasted pages of crying more than the bereaved. People are doing very little thinking and context, and most of the criticism is not objective but subjective. It's because its Oyedepo, the christian mog that preaches prosperity. It's an opportunity for every kabiru to apparently take a swipe at God, religion, christianity, Oyedepo.
Oyedepo did not COME and slap someone's mother, and call her a witch. This is almost opposite of what happened. You're 'caseless'.
One by one, make i answer una, so patience, i no dey my place.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

but this is a case of 25wasted pages of crying more than the bereaved. People are doing very little thinking .

25 'wasted' pages addressing issues that concerns religion in a religious thread!!!

Crying more than the 'bereaved', do you know how much the bereaved has cried?

'People are doing very little thinking', I agree with you on that aspect.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2011
dare2think:

I'm not advocating rightness or wrong in slapping. What i'm pointing at is CONTEXT. The context that this is Nigeria, not america. People are shouting sue sue, human right, poor girl. Did she read out her financial statement? How many cases are in nigerian courts for slapping? We don't have good roads in nigeria, we don't have social security, we don't have 911. If two cars hit each other, it's almost normal they come out and beat up each other, and passerbys will pass by. It's unheard of in some countries, but it's everyday occurrence here. You don't then come to Oyedepo's case and put standards not already in place. That's double standards. People beat the living hell out of each other and tear off clothes and skin everyday. Some even give them space publicly, that's nigeria, many of the one screaming here will pass by/mind their business. Some would even wait to watch the show. Now, it's Oyedepo and everybody suddenly works in the UN, hypocrites.
Love, compassion, humility not on display? O, he should've hugged her. Maybe Fireman would have. Or TB would have given her a bag of rice, do you accept them? She came to him to say she's winch for Jesus. He didn't go to her. Do you recall Jesus showing humility and compassion with a whip, poor salesmen.
Plus, i don't think he condemned her to hell, you misunderstood him there dear.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2011
tavon:

shocked
Ambiguous statement.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2011
Zikkyy:

Zikkyy, how long would you be drunk? Put away your alcoholic wine na, put it Far Far Far, lest you slap somebody.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dorox(m): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

Come to think of it, i'm not much of a fan of oyedepo, but this is a case of 25wasted pages of crying more than the bereaved. People are doing very little thinking and context, and most of the criticism is not objective but subjective. It's because its Oyedepo, the christian mog that preaches prosperity. It's an opportunity for every kabiru to apparently take a swipe at God, religion, christianity, Oyedepo.
Oyedepo did not COME and slap someone's mother, and call her a witch. This is almost opposite of what happened. You're 'caseless'.
One by one, make i answer una, so patience, i no dey my place.
For someone that claims not to be a fan of Oyedepo, you certainly have your head buried deep in his smelly hind quarters. you are just a christian in name only, an empty shell totally devoid of God's spirit if you cannot see that the prevalence of a bad practice does not make it right nor excusable.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2011
musKeeto:

You're out!!!!!!
Out ke? Never ever never forever in your life say it again at all. I'm back IN, locked the door and thrown away the key.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video) / Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.