Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73458 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

I'm not advocating rightness or wrong in slapping.

What then are you advocating? It is either right, wrong or you are not sure.  C'mon be honest with yourself.
As a Christian, are you not meant to be advocating for what is right?  Especially in a church, regardless of the country.
Image123:

You don't then come to Oyedepo's case and put standards not already in place. That's double standards.

Leadership by example!!! His position opens him up for more scrutiny from the public. How do you know their are no cases for slapping in the country? I know of a Case where a policeman was charged to slapping an individual with the case settled out of court.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

People beat the living hell out of each other and tear off clothes and skin everyday. Some even give them space publicly, that's nigeria, many of the one screaming here will pass by/mind their business. Some would even wait to watch the show. Now, it's Oyedepo and everybody suddenly works in the UN, hypocrites

So that makes Oyedepo's assault right!!!!

I.e People kill all the time but why should people shout if Oyedepo or Adeboye kills?

They are really the victims because of their position in society abi?

Bigger Hypocrite!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

Love, compassion, humility not on display? O, he should've hugged her. Maybe Fireman would have. Or TB would have given her a bag of rice, do you accept them? She came to him to say she's winch for Jesus. He didn't go to her. Do you recall Jesus showing humility and compassion with a whip, poor salesmen.
Plus, i don't think he condemned her to hell, you misunderstood him there dear.

No he should have burnt her alive, after all that's what would have been done in the 1600s.

Why did he not let her finish her statement, watch the video again. She was in the process of explaining herself before she got 'cut' down again.

'you are free to go to hell'
' you are not fit for deliverance'
' you are a foul devil'

Such lovely words of encouragement.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
Enigma:

@image123

Nna bros, you nor think this one through or carefully at all!

For one, slapping never was acceptable in Nigeria ------ the only thing is that the victims usually have no means of redress and that is why the perpetrators generally get away with it.

Look at it this way following your logic:

1. Corruption: this is Nigeria now and corruption is normal --- unlike Western etc countries; so we really should not be criticising corrupt politicians; it is normal!
2. Child s.ex abuse: no be today uncle/cousin/etc dey take style catch that pre-teen girl for behind cupboard or when papa and mama no dey; this is how it is in Naija now, unlike Western countries; so people who do it should not be criticised because it is normal in Nigeria,
3. Chancing ("obtaining" in modern Naija lingo and a form of bullying elsewhere): no be today tough guyman dem dey seize canvas shoes from feet of the weaker guys; this is Naija now and it is normal; people who do it should not be criticised,

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

cool
Enigma.
Are you sure you stay in nigeria? Slapping never was acceptable in nigeria? Next thing i will hear corporal punishment is alien. Do you imagine how many 'parents' beat their kids mercilessly for every thing in nigeria? Do you know how many teachers scatter the backs, butts and hands of children? Oyinbo nlanders would say O barbaric, human right, dignity, blai blah. My POINT is 'what exactly is the noise all about?' Is it not haters thinking to bring him down? They say he's a coward and he should do it to rich men and to them? I say simply pass your boundary and go say nonsense at his front if he won't slap you too. Is it not rich kids they have at Covenant? Don't we hear how 'they're treated like kids?' Is it not the other day, a thread was on covenant undergraduates kneeling for punishment? I tell you, if Oyedepo slapped a rich kid, the parents would immediately bring the siblings for their own share. Point again is, stop crying more than the bereaved. There are worse troubles and sins on ground.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
^^^^^

Oyedepo's egocentric bulling of an innocent girl is not a big issue.

Nice for you to say since you are not on the receiving end of the slap and the humiliation in front of thousands.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

Enigma.
They say he's a coward and he should do it to rich men and to them? I say simply pass your boundary and go say nonsense at his front if he won't slap you too.

This is the real issue.

The 'big man' issue.

He is a coward for hitting a defenceless girl.

You can keep mute if he slaps you, but not everyone is a coward.

Why don you let him go and slap an admiral's daughter or come go to western world to slap their children.

The word Boundaries would make more sense.

If you cant stand up to a mere man, what will you stand up to?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Enigma(m): 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
@image123

lol

I just knew you would come back with that 'did/do you live in Naija' line! smiley

Do you think I will write Nigerian languages as well as I do if I do not know Naija well or have lived (and still live, actually) a considerable amount of time there?

Anyway to the point: you do not get the point at all!!!!

Slapping is common in Naija ---- does not make it acceptable in Naija. That is what you are missing.

Let me digress: soooo power failure, bad roads, armed robbery, kidnapping, and dead bodies on the street are acceptable in Nigeria because they are commonplace?

Sooooo what about my other examples from earlier post --- child s.ex abuse, political/societal corruption etc? All acceptable because they are commonplace?

cool
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
dorox:

For someone that claims not to be a fan of Oyedepo, you certainly have your head buried deep in his smelly hind quarters. you are just a christian in name only, an empty shell totally devoid of God's spirit if you cannot see that the prevalence of a bad practice does not make it right nor excusable.

Christians my as.s.s

What is the difference between them and Boko-haram.

They all still justify wrong in the name of God.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2011
dare2think:

No he should have burnt her alive, after all that's what would have been done in the 1600s.

Why did he not let her finish her statement, watch the video again. She was in the process of explaining herself before she got 'cut' down again.

'you are free to go to hell'
' you are not fit for deliverance'
' you are a foul devil'

Such lovely words of encouragement.
Aaargh, stop being sentimental. So now, it's the bullying of an innocent girl. She wanted to explain herself, how that she was a winch for Jesus? What was she doing in his church and hiding? Did she come out voluntarily to be delivered, or ran out during countdown? Who forced her? Who said i'm a winch for Jesus? Who? Who's innocent? Doctrinally, you receive forgiveness from God when you ACCEPT you've sinned, and then BELIEVE in Jesus the Saviour. She was defending/trying to defend her 'sin'. She came out to say she's winch and was defending it. Such a person cannot receive forgiveness/deliverance yet, sorry truth. Others would have received their 'deliverance'. There's no point wasting time on someone who's not ready to let go, when many are willing. Jesus came to call sinners, not righteous winches. Do you even understand doctrine to start with?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

Aaargh, stop being sentimental. So now, it's the bullying of an innocent girl. She wanted to explain herself, how that she was a winch for Jesus? What was she doing in his church and hiding? Did she come out voluntarily to be delivered, or ran out during countdown? Who forced her? Who said i'm a winch for Jesus? Who? Who's innocent? Doctrinally, you receive forgiveness from God when you ACCEPT you've sinned, and then BELIEVE in Jesus the Saviour. She was defending/trying to defend her 'sin'. She came out to say she's winch and was defending it. Such a person cannot receive forgiveness/deliverance yet, sorry truth. Others would have received their 'deliverance'. There's no point wasting time on someone who's not ready to let go, when many are willing. Jesus came to call sinners, not righteous winches. Do you even understand doctrine to start with?
So following this same analogy it is alright for a muslim to bomb a bus full of unbellievers because they refuse to accept Allah as their savior. From her own perspective she is innocent and all others are sinners

Im fighting really hard not to insult you but are you sure you have your brain screwed on to your head?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

She came out to say she's winch and was defending i[/b]t. Such a person cannot receive forgiveness/deliverance yet, sorry truth. Others would have received their 'deliverance'.

Atleast Mr Image, Quote her correctly.

She said, 'I am not a winch, I am a winch for Christ'

Yes, I am being sentimental. Check out the meaning of bullying and see where it fits. Oyedepo is a bully.

[b]'Such a person cannot receive forgiveness/deliverance yet'

who are you to determine that? who is Oyedepo to determine that?

Are you sinless?

Please refrain from calling people hypocrites.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Enigma(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2011
@image123

What do you think about whether the following passage applies to this situation?

2 Timothy 3:1-5  
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.  People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,  without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,  treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—  having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

OK I have marked some more pertinent ones in red but it really is everything more or less really!

cool
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2011
Enigma:

@image123

lol

I just knew you would come back with that 'did/do you live in Naija' line! smiley

Do you think I will write Nigerian languages as well as I do if I do not know Naija well or have lived (and still live, actually) a considerable amount of time there?

Anyway to the point: you do not get the point at all!!!!

Slapping is common in Naija ---- does not make it acceptable in Naija. That is what you are missing.

Let me digress: soooo power failure, bad roads, armed robbery, kidnapping, and dead bodies on the street are acceptable in Nigeria because they are commonplace?

Sooooo what about my other examples from earlier post --- child s.ex abuse, political/societal corruption etc? All acceptable because they are commonplace?

cool
Oh no,the point again is not that slapping is acceptable or unacceptable. The point is that it's common place, THEREFORE, what exactly is the noise about. I mean, people are going berserk here. People don't go berserk during power outages. How you compare a slap to killing, childsex, corruption, armed robbery and kidnapping is ridiculous. Ask any one day old christian, do you go to hell for armed robbery, kidnapping, stealing and co, the answer is obvious, a YES. Do you go to hell for slapping? The answer may not be so obvious. Context, my brother, context. What's all the noise about?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Enigma(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2011
Wrong!!!!

OK Take the case of Big Men with police and soldiers accompanying their cars with sirens.

It is COMMONPLACE for them to damage cars and properties of other road users and to beat people up.

What happened to Arogundade?

cool

EDITED
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2011
tavon:

So following this same analogy it is alright for a muslim to bomb a bus full of unbellievers because they refuse to accept Allah as their savior. From her own perspective she is innocent and all others are sinners

Im fighting really hard not to insult you but are you sure you have your brain screwed on to your head?
Now you're FIGHTING, someone only slapped not fought and you want to commit suicide. Has it actually occurred to you that the girl came, not the other way round. How do you compare this to going out to bomb people. What exactly is happening on this thread?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Zikkyy(m): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

Zikkyy, how long would you be drunk? Put away your alcoholic wine na, put it Far Far Far, lest you slap somebody.

Yeah, and i feel like dishing out some e-slaps right now angry You are truly a disappointment angry supporting a crime just becos it was committed by a pastor angry So if oyedepo robs a bank, it is not an issue because there are bigger issues like OBJ & co looting the central bank angry

Image123:

And he obviously wasn't slapping her to 'deliver' her. He seemed more to slap her to DARE/provoke her. He's not afraid of winch, that's the 'moral lesson' from the video.

So it's okay for oyedepo to commit a crime just to prove he is not afraid of witch angry
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Zikkyy(m): 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

What was she doing in his church and hiding? Did she come out voluntarily to be delivered, or ran out during countdown? Who forced her? Who said i'm a winch for Jesus? Who? Who's innocent? Doctrinally, you receive forgiveness from God when you ACCEPT you've sinned, and then BELIEVE in Jesus the Saviour. She was defending/trying to defend her 'sin'. She came out to say she's winch and was defending it. Such a person cannot receive forgiveness/deliverance yet, sorry truth. Others would have received their 'deliverance'. There's no point wasting time on someone who's not ready to let go, when many are willing. Jesus came to call sinners, not righteous winches. Do you even understand doctrine to start with?

What does any of these prove. It's definitely not a justification for oyedepo's response angry
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

Now you're FIGHTING, someone only slapped not fought and you want to commit suicide. Has it actually occurred to you that the girl came, not the other way round. How do you compare this to going out to bomb people. What exactly is happening on this thread?
From the way you talk i assume you are not well traveled or highly educated. A man of God physically assualted a girl with a slap and you say its ok because the Bible says touch not my annointed.

So am guessing its ok to play the touch not my annointed card with the catholic priests that sleep with little children.

what is wrong is wrong. its not justifiable under no context. A slap is a violent act. Even in his second video he admitted boastfully that the slap could have killed her.

If we as a nation have to move forward, we have to have the guts to admit when someone has done wrong irrespective of what position whom so ever is in and we need to shed this "do you know who i am attitude". I have been blessed to have been with rich and knowledgeable people and the only people i hear this do you know who i am is nigerians. Please stop your stupidity.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
dare2think:

Atleast Mr Image, Quote her correctly.

She said, 'I am not a winch, I am a winch for Christ'

Yes, I am being sentimental. Check out the meaning of bullying and see where it fits. Oyedepo is a bully.

'Such a person cannot receive forgiveness/deliverance yet'

who are you to determine that? who is Oyedepo to determine that?

Are you sinless?

Please refrain from calling people hypocrites.

You're funny. What's the meaning of 'i am not a winch, I AM A WINCH FOR CHRIST'. Seriously, you're being unserious.
I'm not determining anything, neither is Oyedepo. It's simple Bible truth. He that covers his sin will not prosper. He that confesses and forsakes will have mercy.Proverbs 28.13 i think and so on.
By now i expect you all get my point as adults that you claim to be. Someone feels like slapping me many times, and feels justified to do so, but one slap from Oyedepo is an heresy, and a sign of the endtime. I'd be back, later.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2011
One shouldn't be worried when a child is afraid of darkness, the real worry is when a grown man is afraid of the light.

sad

"He's not afraid of winch, that's the 'moral lesson' from the video."

Very unfortunate.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Zikkyy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

I mean, people are going berserk here. People don't go berserk during power outages. How you compare a slap to killing, childsex, corruption, armed robbery and kidnapping is ridiculous. Ask any one day old christian, do you go to hell for armed robbery, kidnapping, stealing and co, the answer is obvious, a YES. Do you go to hell for slapping? The answer may not be so obvious. Context, my brother, context. What's all the noise about?

If it was oyedepo switching off the'light' people will go beserk; if it was oyedepo doing the killing people will go beserk; if he was involved in child sex, armed robbery or kidnapping, similar response. Do you know why? it's because it's oyedepo, but because you worship pastors there's no way you'll understand angry
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
dare2think:

One shouldn't be worried when a child is afraid of darkness, the real worry is when a grown man is afraid of the light.

sad

"He's not afraid of winch, that's the 'moral lesson' from the video."

Very unfortunate.

hahahahaha it is only in Africa you hear grown men saying this rubbish.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

You're funny. What's the meaning of 'i am not a winch, I AM A WINCH FOR CHRIST'.

Isn't that the whole point?

"What is the meaning"

Why was she not given the opportunity to explain?

My friend, You are beyond funny and I expect you to get my point as the adult that you claim to be!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2011
Zikkyy:

If it was oyedepo switching off the'light' people will go beserk; if it was oyedepo doing the killing people will go beserk; if he was involved in child sex, armed robbery or kidnapping, similar response. Do you know why? it's because it's oyedepo, but because you worship pastors there's no way you'll understand angry
dare2think:

Isn't that the whole point?

"What is the meaning"

Why was she not given the opportunity to explain?

My friend, You are beyond funny and I expect you to get my point as the adult that you claim to be!!!
Oh so zikkyy, when it's time for you to judge, Oyedepo's no a different pedestal and people should go berserk on him, but at your convenience, he's just a man like every other and deserves no anointed or mog status. You're truly drunk.
And dare, when i say 'what is the meaning of', it's rhetorical. Every literate knows the meaning of 'i am a winch FOR Christ'. That's a self declaration. From what i saw, Oyedepo was only daring her. He's provoking her to show her powers. But the result was powerless power. The lesson to the applauding audience is don't fear witches and wizards. Africans fear them, thought you knew that. You're both preaching the same thing in different tunes. You say, don't fear witch as they don't exist. Oyedepo says, don't fear witches, i don't, follow me. He demonstrates his message to the congregation, of course with the backdrop that serving God should remove fear of witches as they can't harm you. 'The bereaved' would not do anything against Oyedepo, not on her life if she's a witch as she claimed. Stop weeping like an hopeless fellow.
And to those christains crying blood here, they have not the mind of Christ. Take for instance, if they were the ones slapped, what are they expected to do according to their Bible? Is that what they're clamoring for the self acclaimed winch? Are they asking her to turn the other cheek, or aren't they saying the exact opposite must happen? Spur of the moment, worldly views from supposed Bible believers? I rest my case on this page by His grace.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2011
Your silly attempts and futile efforts in trying to justify a wrong are becoming more evident for all to see. You are a disgrace to your Christian community and a man-worshipper. You are part of the reason atheists continue to have ammunitions against religion.

You are Pathetic!!!

Image123:

And dare, when i say 'what is the meaning of', it's rhetorical. Every literate knows the meaning of 'i am a winch FOR Christ'. That's a self declaration. From what i saw, Oyedepo was only daring her. He's provoking her to show her powers. But the result was powerless power. The lesson to the applauding audience is 

‘Oyedepo was daring her’ ?? One of the most ignorant statement I have seen on NL and I have seen a lot.

Image123:

He's provoking her to show her powers. But the result was powerless power. The lesson to the applauding audience is don't fear witches and wizards. Africans fear them, thought you knew that. You're both preaching the same thing in different tunes. You say, don't fear witch as they don't exist. Oyedepo says, don't fear witches, i don't, follow me. He demonstrates his message to the congregation, of course with the backdrop that serving God should remove fear of witches as they can't harm you. 'The bereaved' would not do anything against Oyedepo, not on her life if she's a witch as she claimed.

Please try to read the nonsense you wrote above and see why that other fellow called you ignorant.

Image123:

'The bereaved' would not do anything against Oyedepo, not on her life if [/b]she's a witch as she claimed.

[b]IF
? Are you serious?? So you are not even sure [/b]that she is a witch, yet you are justifying the actions of the bully.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Image123:

And to those christains crying blood here,[b] they have not the mind of Christ.

But you and Oyedepo have his mind??

You are a bloody Joke!!!!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 11:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
Image123:

Stop weeping like an hopeless fellow.

The only thing worse than a [b]coward [/b]is another [b]coward [/b]that does not have the courage to stand up for what is right.

Oyedepo is a [b]Coward [/b]for assaulting a defenceless girl and you are a bigger [b]coward [/b]for trying to justify his behaviour.

I'd rather be a hopeless fellow than to be like you or Oyedepo that uses Religion as a tool for oppression .

One more thing, you are so [b]ignorant [/b]its unbelievable. God help you.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by 9ja4eva: 4:36am On Dec 23, 2011
dare2think:

The only thing worse than a [b]coward [/b]is another [b]coward [/b]that does not have the courage to stand up for what is right.

Oyedepo is a [b]Coward [/b]for assaulting a defenceless girl and you are a bigger [b]coward [/b]for trying to justify his behaviour.

I'd rather be a hopeless fellow than to be like you or Oyedepo that uses Religion as a tool for oppression .

Word
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 5:44am On Dec 23, 2011
Dare2think

i went through your posts and you've been consistently against oyedepo long before now. Was that video of your making?

@ all of you long time atheists, satanists, hedonists or whatever- your methods are to underhand to be taken seriously.

Thanks and bye.

If you like abuse me oh!!!!

And just for the record- i'm not saying people should start beating up others at will but the church is seriously too lax today and hopefully somebody will learn from this incident.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 8:19am On Dec 23, 2011
dare2think:

Your silly attempts and futile efforts in trying to justify a wrong are becoming more evident for all to see. You are a disgrace to your Christian community and a man-worshipper. You are part of the reason atheists continue to have ammunitions against religion.

You are Pathetic!!!

‘Oyedepo was daring her’ ?? One of the most ignorant statement I have seen on NL and I have seen a lot.

Please try to read the nonsense you wrote above and see why that other fellow called you ignorant.

IF? Are you serious?? So you are not even [b]sure [/b]that she is a witch, yet you are justifying the actions of the bully.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

But you and Oyedepo have his mind??

You are a bloody Joke!!!!!!

dare2think:

And who is the christian religious community? You and those faceless ones on the nl religious section? You're a disgrace to God. All that riles you is someone slapping another. And then you're insulting me, insulting the man, and uttering all manner of expletives, you and your team. Which is a sin, a slap or vile words? Do you even know? And i'm supposed to be the ignorant one. You have real challenges covered up by Oyedepo's slap, all of you. Do you have issues with worshipping any other God apart from Jehovah? i think not. Do you have issues with samesex marriage, bestiality, pornogra.phy? i bet not. What you've got issues with is Oyedepo's slap, that's the criteria most important to you. You need an anchor, fast.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Zikkyy(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2011
@Image123, if a referee in a football match decides to start hacking down players on the pitch, even take a spot kick (and score goals) on behalf of one of the team, there is nothing wrong because that's what footballers do abi? Also consider a situation where you have the sheep on the field raiding other peoples farm and destroying their crops and at the same time the shepherd is also attacking other people farm land doing his damage, there is nothing wrong in the actions of the shepherd abi? cos that's what sheep do; destroy other people farms.

Image123:

Oh so zikkyy, when it's time for you to judge, Oyedepo's no a different pedestal and people should go berserk on him, but at your convenience, he's just a man like every other and deserves no anointed or mog status. You're truly drunk.

No, not me. You are the one that believes he does not deserve a special treatment. You are the one comparing him to touts, criminals, child abusers e.t.c (afterall touts slap people at the bus-stop on  daily basis) I am giving him the MOG treatment smiley If i have to make any comparison, it will with Adeboye, oyakhilome, e.t.c (edit: serious comparison will be using the apostles to benchmark, and oyedepo will disappoint) We have 26 pages of post because the shepherd is displaying characters/traits normally observed in a sheep. Maybe it's because he has been hanging out with the sheep for way too long and failed to realise he's gradually turning into a sheep smiley

Image123:

Oyedepo was only daring her. He's provoking her to show her powers. But the result was powerless power.

Mr Image have you ever seen a winch showing power in public? The is probably the result of watching plenty American winch movies. LOL grin you are truly a clown. Maybe you should be spending more time in the entertainment section, discussing the lastest winch movies grin

tpia@:

And just for the record- i'm not saying people should start beating up others at will but the church is seriously too lax today and hopefully somebody will learn from this incident.

Yep, let's hope oyedepo repents and apologize.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Image123(m): 11:00am On Dec 23, 2011
Zikkyy:

@Image123, if a referee in a football match decides to start hacking down players on the pitch, even take a spot kick (and score goals) on behalf of one of the team, there is nothing wrong because that's what footballers do abi? Also consider a situation where you have the sheep on the field raiding other peoples farm and destroying their crops and at the same time the shepherd is also attacking other people farm land doing his damage, there is nothing wrong in the actions of the shepherd abi? cos that's what sheep do; destroy other people farms.

No, not me. You are the one that believes he does not deserve a special treatment. You are the one comparing him to touts, criminals, child abusers e.t.c (afterall touts slap people at the bus-stop on  daily basis) I am giving him the MOG treatment smiley If i have to make any comparison, it will with Adeboye, oyakhilome, e.t.c (edit: serious comparison will be using the apostles to benchmark, and oyedepo will disappoint) We have 26 pages of post because the shepherd is displaying characters/traits normally observed in a sheep. Maybe it's because he has been hanging out with the sheep for way too long and failed to realise he's gradually turning into a sheep smiley

Mr Image have you ever seen a winch showing power in public? The is probably the result of watching plenty American winch movies. LOL grin you are truly a clown. Maybe you should be spending more time in the entertainment section, discussing the lastest winch movies grin

Yep, let's hope oyedepo repents and apologize.
Zikkyy, i don't like all these improper analogies and you know it. Which one is the issue of footballers now. Slapping is not just an issue of criminals, touts and childabusers, no , not in nigeria. In nigeria, any group of person slaps. Parents, teachers, friends, siblings, rich and poor. Everybody slaps, you no dey watch naija films ni?
When mog 'worshippers' start now, it's you and co that will say everybody is mog, we're all anointed. But now, you want to nail him, he's suddenly Shepherd and in the ranks of the apostles. Double standards, man.
Whether in private or in public, this self acclaimed winch has shown no power whatsoever. All she's receiving is pity 'poor little innocent girl'. It's more than a year now for her to have displayed her private powers on Oyedepo since winches are shy in public like you implied.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Enigma(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2011
^^^ That people slap commonly in Nigeria does not mean that it is acceptable! It has never been and it is not; the only problem is lack of practical redress ---- even though there are many options within the Nigerian system for legal redress.

You may not like this but I will use the late Abami Ẹda to show you that slapping was never acceptable in Naija.

1. Gba mi l'eti ki'n d'olowo (slap me and let me become rich i.e. from suing your backside)

2. Army man go slap you --- you go dey look like monkey!

I know say you fit brand me "worldly" for using Baba 70 --- but truth na truth.

cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video) / TB Joshua Prophesies About Attack On Nigeria & Ghana / Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.