Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (88068 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 7:23pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

You don forget say dem nack me sef akpako ni?

My bad. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by diggz: 8:36pm On Mar 03, 2012
When dem go sack AVB,all d portugese plus dat fxxking torres from CFC?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by switch47(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
Chelsea is a small team who only got a sugar daddy to make them look otherwise 4 a while. The team is doomed to fail
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by duduspace(m): 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2012
Advice to Chelsea fans, please complain only in whispers, you don't want to annoy your sugar daddy so he doesn't pull the life support switch.   grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by mbulela: 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2012
the moment AVB banished Alex and Anelka from training with the 1st team i knew Chelsea were doomed.
his man management is childish and his tactical nous leaves so much to be desired.
it is one thing saying that the old guard are not playing well, it is another thing when the team plays with no descernible pattern and devoid of any coherent plan with fundamental draw backs.
what exactly is the hype around AVB all about?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2012
And we are asking for another to be fired who has similar results to the one last year.
Unless JM has agreed to come, who will you bring in and what's the guarantee they won't finish 5th.

Certainly not a manager who wins 2games in 13 matches.
Not one who blabs after every game and think it's cool to say he doesn't care about players support.
Not one who is daft enough not to know that playing Malouda and the dud is a waste of time.
Not one who stands on the touchline looking like a lost puppy.
Not one who uses same players and formation for every single match.
Not one who uses the same subs for almost all games.
Not one who thinks getting poor run of results but having the owners support is his achievement.

he was supported when he r@ped germany's best defender in the last euros.
the r@ping was so intense it brought spain their first title in 40 yrs.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
This is 2012.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2012
BlueDiva:

Wake up and smell the coffee.
This is 2012.

just like it's 2012 for giggs, scholes, di natale, puyol, etc.
they have all bailed their teams from trouble this season.

if the support is iron-cast, strikers would shine.
chelsea provide 2 chances for torres every other week and they want him to score.

check out rooney, aguero and suarez and see the number of chances they cop per game.
rooney sometimes misses 4 times before he scores. . . .welbeck missed 5 per game before he scores.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by switch47(m): 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2012
chelsea keeps sacking coaches in search of a better result, but it kees getting worse with every new mumu coach making the bad predecessors look like stars. for chelsea it can only get worse! I have been saying this for 5 seasons now and i am glad the switch oracle has been so so CORRECT!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 11:38pm On Mar 03, 2012
5th and euro cup!. . AVB. is this your plan?. One thing is for sure, we come 5th and there will be a complete overhaul from roman. even if he doesnt get the euro spot due to financial fair play.

Bad Bad season!! Its in Arsenal's hand now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 04, 2012
coogar,
I don't want to sound band-wagonish, but you can't exonorate AVB and say its the tools he's working with.
The guy is just a typical establishment guy:all (mostly rubbish) talk, presentation/power-point, and divide-and -conquer.
His man-management skills since assuming the job have been utterly chaotic/catastrophic.
If you ask me,the present Chelsea side should be challenging for honors.But the side I saw last night played like they wanted the coach sacked.Or is it me that thinks Daniel Sturridge sold himself a dummy in front of goal or Didier Drogba passed when he shoulda shot in front of goal?
While there might be need for the old guard to go,I strongly think the way AVB has managed the situation at Chelsea is elementarily childish and amateurish.
As for his tactics on the field,a direct mirror on his off-pitch activities.A failure-no discernable football pattern.You have Juan Mata on the field yet Chelsea are struggling because you haven't the slightest clue of what to do with him.
As Bluediva says,2 wins from 13 is what you expect from the likes of Owen Coyle,Mick McCarthy,Sam Allardyce,Steve Kean,Neil Warnock,Ian Dowie,Steve Bruceand Gary Megson at struggling clubs:all over-rated coaches.Not someone who went unbeaten in a season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 04, 2012
Even the likes of Owen Coyle,Mick McCarthy,Sam Allardyce,Steve Kean,Neil Warnock etc will not be this poor if they have the caliber of players at Chelsea.

Meanwhile, rumours of Benitez coming in are becoming stronger.
Benitez ain't exactly my kind of manager but i won't mind someone else helping us till the summer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2012
BlueDiva:

Even the likes of Owen Coyle,Mick McCarthy,Sam Allardyce,Steve Kean,Neil Warnock etc will not be this poor if they have the caliber of players at Chelsea.

Benitez ain't exactly my kind of manager but i won't mind someone else helping us till the summer.
Benitez is another character entirely.
Walks with a chip on his shoulder and believes he is always rights.Might not be the best solution to Chelsea right now;near or long-term.
Knowing the egotist,I should say he'll see a summer deal as something beneath him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by mufasa(m): 11:19am On Mar 04, 2012
StarBoard:

coogar,
I don't want to sound band-wagonish, but you can't exonorate AVB and say its the tools he's working with.
The guy is just a typical establishment guy:all (mostly rubbish) talk, presentation/power-point, and divide-and -conquer.
His man-management skills since assuming the job have been utterly chaotic/catastrophic.
If you ask me,the present Chelsea side should be challenging for honors.But the side I saw last night played like they wanted the coach sacked.Or is it me that thinks Daniel Sturridge sold himself a dummy in front of goal or Didier Drogba passed when he shoulda shot in front of goal?
While there might be need for the old guard to go,I strongly think the way AVB has managed the situation at Chelsea is elementarily childish and amateurish.
As for his tactics on the field,a direct mirror on his off-pitch activities.A failure-no discernable football pattern.You have Juan Mata on the field yet Chelsea are struggling because you haven't the slightest clue of what to do with him.
As Bluediva says,2 wins from 13 is what you expect from the likes of Owen Coyle,Mick McCarthy,Sam Allardyce,Steve Kean,Neil Warnock,Ian Dowie,Steve Bruceand Gary Megson at struggling clubs:all over-rated coaches.Not someone who went unbeaten in a season.

Well said.

AVB is clearly out of his depth with his Man Management skills

Mourinho had more than 22 National team starters in the Chelsea squad when he came in. He kept all of them quiet, no one grumbled, he even added more players to the squad.

Some went on loan and still returned to him.

This guy is just self destructing everyday. His tactics are nonsense.

What is Di Matteos job ffs?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2012
BlueDiva:

So you believe Benitez is the answer to our problems right?
I laugh in blue.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by mykali(m): 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2012
the kind of anger i felt yesterday evening was seething.
the Sturridge misses, the fluke goal they scored, the bad substitutions. . .

watching the first half, i thought it was just the players being silly.
then when the second half came and AVB started subbing, bringing in Malouda, Torres. . .taking off Essien??
i then knew that our manager also contributed to the total failure of this team

we need a better coach. these players are capable of finishing better than this, but not under AVB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by mykali(m): 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
we dont need Benitez, please. he went to Inter and couldnt do squat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
So you believe Benitez is the answer to our problems right?
I laugh in blue.

Don't misquote me.
I even said i don't like Benitez.

I'm at a stage where i think we need somebody who will try new things.
Someone with a little experience who might help us get to 4th spot till the season ends.

The likes of Benitez, Capello, Rijkard all have experience and might just help salvage the season.
We have the manpower, all we need is the mastermind.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by mykali(m): 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2012
BlueDiva:

Don't misquote me.
I even said i don't like Benitez.

I'm at a stage where i think we need somebody who will try new things.
Someone with a little experience who might help us get to 4th spot till the season ends.

The likes of Benitez, Capello, Rijkard all have experience and might just help salvage the season.
We have the manpower, all we need is the mastermind.

my thoughts
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by switch47(m): 2:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
chelsea keeps sacking coaches in search of a better result, but it kees getting worse with every new mumu coach making the bad predecessors look like stars. for chelsea it can only get worse! I have been saying this for 5 seasons now and i am glad the switch oracle has been so so CORRECT!
CHELSEA IS FINISHED ! get used to it grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2012
Did I not say it?

AVB sacked like I predicted all those months ago. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2012
AVB = The right manager at the wrong time. . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
right manager? i am not so sure.
man management zero,tactics zero,PR zero
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
I said this ages ago:

He'll crash and burn. . . .unless Roman is willing to give him more than one or two seasons.

To which fat lateefu responded

So for stpuid statements like "He'll crash and burn", "I'm willing to bet he won't last a season in the PL", I say keep watching while another dude walks in and steals the show. . . Again!

Brilliant Managers are already wary of how he could exploit what he knows. These arm-chair analysts are already predicting doom.

Who's the armchair analyst now cheesy

I further responded:

Not only is this naive, it's outright daftness - there's nothing to suggest he'll be fired?

Blimey, a world cup winning coach was fired and there's nothing to suggest some 33 year old, wet-behind-the-ears JM wannabe will get sacked?

Was Scolari outside the top 4 when he got fired?

Carlo won the first double in the club's history, gets sacked for coming second and there's nothing to suggest he'll get fired?

The ONLY certainty is that he will get fired.  grin

I told you so has never sounded so sweet. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
He may have succeeded with a young team full of new players where he is the be-all and end-all.

However when you are managing institutions like Chelsea with club legends with time on their contract, you need an old wise head to get the best out of em and keep em happy.

AVB was impetuous, obnoxious and had poor man management. It was evident with his treatment of Alex and Anelka, Lampard and Cole. He even set about rubbishing the likes of Terry and Lampard, bringing unnecessary sheet to the front of our conciousness like "Terry cannot play high-line and Lampard cannot press high with speed." Duh! Every man and his dog know Terry and Lampard have never been pacy, yet wise managers have always known how to get the best out of em.

He doesnt know how to deal with big players with egos. He even went on radio last week comparing Torres to Shevchenko and Kezman. Thats something fans should say, not managers.

The only good thing he did was the signing of Oriol Romeu. I wont even give him credit for Mata cos even Joe Bloggs coulda signed Mata.

The guy is a youth corper, not a qualified professional.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2012
^^

But didn't he win a league unbeaten in Porto? I thunk that was all the quality you needed to succeed. grin

Alienating players, playing rubbish formations with rubbish tactics and making idiotic comments at press conferences, this guy must be the most phoolish manager ever to have coached Chelski.

Even Avram Grant didn't look this clueless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2012
well most people believe di matteo is a mediocre coach at best.its very possible dt chelsea's performances will get worse going forward dis season BUT if di matteo can somehow inspire better performances from this same set of players all d AVB apologists had better shut it for life
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2012
And calamity AVB departs. cool grin wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2012
The Roman empire doesn't tolerate mediocrity.
You don't become a billionaire by allowing mediocrity.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by ritchboy(m): 3:14pm On Mar 04, 2012
BlueDiva:

And calamity AVB departs.  cool grin wink

BlueDiva is over the moon! grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
people forget dt d quality of opposition in terms of players n even coaches differs from country to country.d portuguese league is a backwater n dts a fact,all those AVB achievements r just INDICATIONS not GUARANTEES dt he has wat it takes at present to succeed in a more competitive dog eat dog atmosphere.
after all steve mclaren who cant get even a job interview in d premier league is lauded in d netherlands where he guided twente to their first ever league title.
there hv bin one season wonder players n one season wonder coaches! i am not saying AVB is one but all his supporters hv to b honest n agree dt there is practically nothing he did in his time in chelsea to show dt he had wt it takes to survive there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 3:19pm On Mar 04, 2012
h[b][size=18pt]A[/size][/b]stala-[b][size=18pt]V[/size][/b]ista [b][size=18pt]B[/size][/b]aby
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2012
When outsiders can read RA's actions better than Nateevs, it shows you his opinion is not worth more than toilet paper. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.