Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (88048 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2012
BlueDiva:

Thankful for the loss.
It reminds everybody that we have a child managing the club.

Never have we seen a team so unmotivated and lost.
It's obvious AVB is sitting on a time bomb. I'm expecting good news very soon.

even if u hire pep guardiola or jose mourinho, these set of players won't deliver nada.
it's not the manager. . . .it's the implements he's being forced to use.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by FBS: 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2012
nateevs:

I rest my case.
lol. total rubbish.
ask miss daniels why he forgot his boots at home.  cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2012
nateevs:

Hehehehe. West Brom scored from a freaking corner dude.
That's a very silly comment dude unless you are suggesting that Essien would have prevented a corner kick, defended the attack that led to the goal and scored a goal himself.

Quit the crap dude. Essien was doing nothing special while he was on.

You forget the main point. . .solid 3 in midfield with Essien wouldnt have conceded 3 goals against Napoli. . .

Would West Brom have won the corner or had the space in midfield to force the corner if Essien was on the pitch?

West Brom is all about their midfield. . . everybody knows that West Brom can pass you to death. . . why would a manager take off his DM against West Brom?

Its an attacking change, I hear you say?

What kind of attacking change involves bringing on a player who hasnt scored for 20 hours?

Looks like a manager gunning for a payoff.

When have DD and Torres ever linked up well? Everytime they play together, the play is disjointed. None of em drops deep to link up play efficiently.

What you have left is a team with no link between midfield and attack, and yet no defensive midfielder.

You might call it an attacking change, I call it unbalancing the team suicidally.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2012
BlueDiva:

Thankful for the loss.
It reminds everybody that we have a child managing the club.

Never have we seen a team so unmotivated and lost.
It's obvious AVB is sitting on a time bomb. I'm expecting good news very soon.

Ha! I could have sworn it was the dud who caused it.
Someone else said it was because Essien was taken off.
I'm laughing in blue.

So the new manager will come in and not spend right?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
Just a question:Does AVB even remotely look like he's up for this job?
I don't think Ancelotti was this bad.For starters he didn't lose to West Brom.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
Em Bluediva can we have a look again at your list of winnable fixtures. I think we need to honestly reappraise our chances of a top 4 finish again.

Silly me. I was being generous by adding WBA.
I see Newcastle overtaking us after 2 more games

BlueDiva:

We have since accepted our fate.

RA's recent visits to the training pitch is a warning to AVB.
Let the rookie get his acts together and salvage the season. Simple.

Our remaining fixtures and there are just very few winnable games.  lipsrsealed

Everton v Chelsea
Chelsea v Birmingham City
Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers
West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea
Chelsea v Stoke City
Manchester City v Chelsea
Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur
Aston Villa v Chelsea
Chelsea v Wigan Athletic
Fulham v Chelsea
Chelsea v Newcastle United
Arsenal v Chelsea
Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers
Liverpool v Chelsea
Chelsea v Blackburn Rovers

From my spot on table the next few weeks looks very bleak.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2012
StarBoard:

I don't think Ancelotti was this bad.

I just wonder how people come to this point.
I repeat. This time last season, after 27 games, 48pts.
This season after 27 games 46pts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2012
StarBoard:

Just a question:Does AVB even remotely look like he's up for this job?
I don't think Ancelotti was this bad.For starters he didn't lose to West Brom.

that was 12 months ago.
12 months is a big difference to players who are on the wrong side of 30.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2012
Ibime:

You forget the main point. . .solid 3 in midfield with Essien wouldnt have conceded 3 goals against Napoli. . .

Would West Brom have won the corner or had the space in midfield to force the corner if Essien was on the pitch?

West Brom is all about their midfield. . . everybody knows that West Brom can pass you to death. . . why would a manager take off his DM against West Brom?

Its an attacking change, I hear you say?

What kind of attacking change involves bringing on a player who hasnt scored for 20 hours?

Looks like a manager gunning for a payoff.

When have DD and Torres ever linked up well? Everytime they play together, the play is disjointed. None of em drops deep to link up play efficiently.

What you have left is a team with no link between midfield and attack, and yet no defensive midfielder.

You might call it an attacking change, I call it unbalancing the team suicidally.

Ibime, this is like finding issues where there isn't one.
What should he have? Not brought on Torres? We won't have scored.

And I reiterate, Essien's presence would not have prevented the corner neither would it have defended the header to the goal.
I also do not remember being the creative engine behind our attack.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
coogar:

even if u hire pep guardiola or jose mourinho, these set of players won't deliver nada.
it's not the manager. . . .it's the implements he's being forced to use.

nateevs:

Ha! I could have sworn it was the dud who caused it.
Someone else said it was because Essien was taken off.
I'm laughing in blue.

So the new manager will come in and not spend right?

Chelsea players are not that bad.
Most teams will scramble to have:

Mata
DS
Torres
Drogba
Essien
Ashley
Terry
Ivanovic
Cech
Luiz.

Let us put any of these players up for sale and see how many clubs will show interest.
When you have a piss poor manager, it's difficult to know how to blend players.

Last year we said players were old yet they managed to come 2nd.
The greatest mistake i ever made was to advocate for CA's sack. I was ignorant and i own up.

AVb brought in Meireles, Cahill, Romeu, Mata and Lukaku.
Only Mata has delivered so far. We can't even trust the scouts buying judgement.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
coogar:

i blame torres. . . .

when drogba was in africa and torres was starting - the excuse was that drogba would have done better and scored hatricks in every game.
drogba is back now, lampard started and what did we get? same shambolic result!

abeg, this chelsea squad needs overhauling.
the old players need to take a breather. if drogba and lampard have any bone of credibility left in their limbs, they should retire tonight.

The point is Drogba is too old to be scoring consistently, If Torres had taken his chance while Drog was in Gabon there wont be any need to start a 34yr old striker any more.

The younger players like Luiz, Torres, Sturridge were the disspointments
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by mufasa(m): 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
2 choices

1. Keep AVB and go on a shopping spree in the summer. We ll need to buy like Under 23s who will listen to him and make him feel he's got the biggest phallux

2. Sack #AVB and get a more respectable coach who actually knows what his doing.

AVB is shy.te.

Poor Man Management

Ridiculous Tactics

And he spews nonsense every time he gets interviewed

I have not seen one sign or indication of the success of his project, not even a glimpse.

Europa will be nice next season sha. Maybe we will be able to win that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2012
nateevs:

It shoulda been 49 points by the end of today.
It's still inferior,albeit marginal.
I'm really yet to see anything to point out any difference between the two.
coogar:

that was 12 months ago.
12 months is a big difference to players who are on the wrong side of 30.
True but those 30somethings haven't been used that much this season.just my observation.
West Brom should have no business beating Chelsea.Im saying this because I just lost a bet I made on the trend of results over the past 6seasons.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 03, 2012
Europa will be nice next season sha. Maybe we will be able to win that.

We will be Europa champs.

We sacked two UCL winners and brought in a Europa winner.
That speaks a lot for our ambitions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2012

And the team leading the log had how many points?
Go on and complete the stats.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

The point is Drogba is too old to be scoring consistently, If Torres had taken his chance while Drog was in Gabon there wont be any need to start a 34yr old striker any more.

there's no chance to be taken.
rooney, robin van persie, aguero, suarez, etc miss as many chances as torres does but they get tonnes of chances per games to correct their mistakes.
however with chelsea, torres gets one or 2 chances and that's it. . . . .in other games, he doesn't even get any chance at all and he gets slaughtered.

The younger players like Luiz, Torres, Sturridge were the disspointments

they would continue to be disappointments if the old cargoes don't haul-arse. . . .
lampard must now know he's no longer the force he used to be in 2005. . . .he should relax and even be happy that he's not been sold yet.

StarBoard:

True but those 30somethings haven't been used that much this season.just my observation.
West Brom should have no business beating Chelsea.Im saying this because I just lost a bet I made on the trend of results over the past 6seasons.

who in chelsea isn't 30 or few months to clock 30?
fergie predicted this some seasons back when he said chelsea is filled with pensioners. grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2012
nateevs:

Ibime, this is like finding issues where there isn't one.
What should he have? Not brought on Torres? We won't have scored.

And I reiterate, Essien's presence would not have prevented the corner neither would it have defended the header to the goal.
I also do not remember being the creative engine behind our attack.

There are issues though.

Its a fundamental question.

What kind of brilliant management involves leaving your team without defensive screening in order to bring on a striker who hasnt scored for 20 hours?

Sheeeet, his substitution would be excused if it was Lukaku being thrown on. At this stage, after 20 hours without goal, Torres is the kinda guy you throw on to grab some confidence when the team is 2-0 ahead.

We're not talking about what Essien or anyone else was creating.

I woulda been happy to walk away with a point, which was my expectation before the match.

In economics, we have something called opportunity cost.

If the opportunity cost of losing defensive stability of Essien is bringing on Torres who hasnt scored for 20 hours, give me 0-0 dour score anytime.

No one knows what would happen if Essien stayed on the pitch, but guaranteed West Brom would find less space in the midfield and most likely we would not have the situation which led to the corner.

Talking about Napoli, whats the opportunity cost of playing an open midfield away at Napoli. The players we played today could have gone to Napoli and won, draw or lost, but guaranteed, the tie would still be alive with only one goal in it.

Now, West Brom is a strong team, especially in midfield and no team can go to West Brom and claim they won the game in midfield. Usually, they would win the game by overlapping the wings or through aerial balls. So Im not worried about what you think the midfield did because at the end of the day, I back Mulumbu and co to hold their own against any midfield in the Prem.

I would not argue the same argument we have been having since 2008 which has since been disproven. The likes of Lamps, Cole and Essien have proven themselves every season without fail, always competing for titles. The only anomaly lies with AVB.

Taking off Essien for Torres is just a hint of unbelievable decisions this season. We could go 20 minutes earlier and ask what he thought Malouda would bring, even if Sturridge was being profligate.

You could play Ramires on the right-wing or at worst Kalou if you are unhappy with Sturridge but for Godssake, playing Malouda is one of those constant decisions the manager has made umpteen times this season without reward.

The question is so fundamental though - as fundamental as Wengers decision to bring on Arshavin for Oxlade a while back. What exactly is the intended attacking purpose of chasing a game by bringing on a striker who hasnt scored for 20 hours at the opportunity cost of losing your shape?

When Fergie take off Carrick for Berbatov/Hernandez, at least we know the intent, even if Manure lose shape and lose the game.

Where lies the intent in Torres?

Maybe RA would give the final verdict soon enough.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
BlueDiva:

The greatest mistake i ever made was to advocate for CA's sack. I was ignorant and i own up.

And we are asking for another to be fired who has similar results to the one last year.
Unless JM has agreed to come, who will you bring in and what's the guarantee they won't finish 5th.

BlueDiva:

And the team leading the log had how many points?
Go on and complete the stats.

I don't know how this is relevant to the discussion but here it goes.
This year after 26 games, 1st position had 63 pts.
Last year after 26 games, 1st position had 60pts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by azpekuliar: 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
there's no chance to be taken. rooney, robin van persie, aguero, suarez, etc miss as many chances as torres does but they get tonnes of chances per games to correct their mistakes. however with chelsea, torres gets one or 2 chances and that's it. . . . .in other games, he doesn't even get any chance at all and he gets slaughtered.

Help me tell them abeg. Im tired of drumming this into the ears of fellow Chelsea supporters at my local viewing center.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2012
coogar:

there's no chance to be taken.
rooney, robin van persie, aguero, suarez, etc miss as many chances as torres does but they get tonnes of chances per games to correct their mistakes.
however with chelsea, torres gets one or 2 chances and that's it. . . . .in other games, he doesn't even get any chance at all and he gets slaughtered.

You mean while Drogba was away for Nations cup for 6-7 weeks when Torres had games under his shirt and couldnt do anything

The coach should continue fielding someone who hasnt scored since September and is already a failure for NT?

Maybe you should have told Fergie to play Veron, Bellion, Djemba etc more instead of getting rid of them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
Ibime:

What exactly is the intended attacking purpose of chasing a game by bringing on a striker who hasnt scored for 20 hours at the opportunity cost of losing your shape?

what is this dude talking about?
a manager chasing a game would bring in as many strikers as his number of subs left can permit him.
when united found themselves 2-0 down against spurs in 08/09, fergie unleashed his dogs of war. . . 4 strikers finished the game in the end and the deficit was overturned.

dayokanu:

You mean while Drogba was away for Nations cup for 6-7 weeks when Torres had games under his shirt and couldnt do anything

The coach should continue fielding someone who hasnt scored since September and is already a failure for NT?

Maybe you should have told Fergie to play Veron, Bellion, Djemba etc more instead of getting rid of them

how many goals has drogba scored now before and after nations cup? 20 goals? grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2012
In 3 games after the Nations cup he has scored more than Torres managed in 7 games during the Nations cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
@Ibime,

I honestly do not understand your argument.
If you tell me that AVB wasn't supposed to bring on Torres, I can understand.

You however cannot prove that we lost because it which is my point.
We conceded from a set piece and there's nothing to suggest we won't have done son even if Essien was present.
Your argument of economics is irrelevant here, there are not guarantees with Essien on.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
azpekuliar:

there's no chance to be taken. rooney, robin van persie, aguero, suarez, etc miss as many chances as torres does but they get tonnes of chances per games to correct their mistakes. however with chelsea, torres gets one or 2 chances and that's it. . . . .in other games, he doesn't even get any chance at all and he gets slaughtered.

Help me tell them abeg. Im tired of drumming this into the ears of fellow Chelsea supporters at my local viewing center.

One more guy on our side. Abeg tell them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

In 3 games after the Nations cup he has scored more than Torres managed in 7 games during the Nations cup

yes, he has.
4 goals in 1121 mins of football is prolific for didier the monster drogba.
if that does not tell you it's the system at fault then you should donate your brain. . . .

that the midfielders at chelsea have scored more goals than the strikers simply reveals one thing.
the strikers do not get the required service to deliver. in other teams, the midfielders look for the strikers(check van persie's brace today).
that is the problem with chelsea - the players play like individuals, not as a team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2012
^^ Compared to Torres

2 goals in 1217 minutes

I really cant divide. Thats about 1 goal every ten hours
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2012
coogar:

what is this dude talking about?
a manager chasing a game would bring in as many strikers as his number of subs left can permit him.
when united found themselves 2-0 down against spurs in 08/09, fergie unleashed his dogs of war. . . 4 strikers finished the game in the end and the deficit was overturned.

Yeah. . . strikers who have been scoring. . . Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov. . . not striker who looks like he needs deliverance from TB Joshua before he even venture inside the box. . .

AVB's decisions are no longer "political", they are silly.

A political decision is a decision to play Torres over Lukaku. . . 3 months ago!

A silly decision is the decision to still be playing Torres 10 games in a row in 2012 when even RA accept he's a dud.

A silly decision is when Torres has proven himself a completely blunt instrument during DDs absence, to continue to use him as an option off the bench when Kalou and Lukaku are sitting there.

I hope you enjoyed Soldados hattrick for Spain.

Obviously tiki-taka was not too slow for him, although he prefers being played through like Torres.

nateevs:

@Ibime,

I honestly do not understand your argument.
If you tell me that AVB wasn't supposed to bring on Torres, I can understand.

You however cannot prove that we lost because it which is my point.
We conceded from a set piece and there's nothing to suggest we won't have done son even if Essien was present.
Your argument of economics is irrelevant here, there are not guarantees with Essien on.

You cannot prove it wasnt the reason we lost either.

I can assert that West Brom would find less space with Essien on the pitch with confidence.

I cannot say that West Brom cannot score a corner with Essien on the pitch, but I can say that they may not have won that corner at that time.

All it is at the end of the day is that AVB leaves himself open to criticism with this bovine-brained decision.

I still do not understand what his tactical aim was by bringing Torres on. Was his tactical aim for Torres to score? If so, he should be sent to the doctor immediately. Even RA does not pressure him to play Torres anymore so what is his aim exactly?

This is a manager not working toward a clear goal, but getting sidetracked by other issues clouding his judgement.

Torres has no business chasing a game for Chelsea after his showing in DD's absence. Even Mark Lawrenson had to put a video together for MOTD to show Torres stopping his runs on edge of the box and comparing with other Chelsea players who run into the box. He should be sent to rehab to rebuild his psyche.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ Compared to Torres

2 goals in 1217 minutes

I really cant divide. Thats about 1 goal every ten hours

it's the same thing. . . .both strikers have failed to deliver this season.
you cannot tell me drogba wouldn't have scored more if he had nani/valencia/young as team-mates or if he had lennon/bale/van der vaart as team mates.
berbatov was 30 last season when he won the league's golden boot. drogba is not too old to score 20 league goals per season.

the fact of the matter is chelsea provide no service for their strikers.
berbatov who has less than 500 league mins has scored more goals than torres/drogba combined.
sturridge and malouda should be crucified.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2012
nateevs:

And I ask again, how do you reach that conclusion. Just one little thing. . anything at all that makes you reach the conclusion that makes you reach the conclusion that Chelsea are not good enough to win the league but just about good enough to be above Spurs and Arsenal?

Just one little thing? The words of the Chelski manager no less:

Villas-Boas has admitted to making mistakes during his first season in charge and said Chelsea should be finishing ahead of Manchester United and Tottenham with the players at their disposal.

''We haven't had the results that we should have for the squad we have, and in normal circumstances we would be ahead of those teams,'' he said. ''We have been underperforming. But we can still improve for the rest of the season.''

Your own manager says the only team with a better squad is Manchester City - should I believe the guy who sees the players day in day out or you? grin

Unless of course, you're saying your own manager is talking nonsense. . . . which would be an interesting twist. grin

DK you're disappointing me - instead of all this megedefegede, I expected the band boys to have set up by now.

Oya play me Akpako jor. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2012
Chelsea doesnt support him

Even Spain doesnt support Torres which kain peculiar failure he be sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2012
debosky:

DK you're disappointing me - instead of all this megedefegede, I expected the band boys to have set up by now.

Oya play me Akpako jor. tongue

You don forget say dem nack me sef akpako ni?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Chelsea doesnt support him

Even Spain doesnt support Torres which kain peculiar failure he be sef

he was supported when he r@ped germany's best defender in the last euros. grin
the r@ping was so intense it brought spain their first title in 40 yrs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures

Viewing this topic: sunnychibs(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.