Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges (14824 Views)

FG Cancels NIMASA University Project, Seeks Payment Refund / FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
Hello, i just heard from somebody in the bank that FG have cancelled the Lekki toll gate charges, they said it cost a lot of traffics, am inside V.I now, am yet to confirm myself, anyone?
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Kx: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2011
How is this possible?
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2011
I dont know, they said it was on the news too, am yet to get to the place
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Bawss1(m): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2011
Voctory? undecided
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^ Typo ofcos
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Odunnu: 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2011
O boy, I go wait for correct source before I begin talk. No hoffience
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by doctokwus: 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2011
Dnt know how true it is,somebody shd help confirm,but seriously doubt because it wud open a whole new debate on federalism& again who reimburses d state for d claim it wud make on d amt spent on construction& maintenance
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by youngmonie: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2011
Very stupid thing to do !!, for crying out loud its a state road and there are so many federal road within Lagos that they failed to do anything to .
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by ayusman16(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2011
youngmonie:

Very silly thing to do !!, for crying out loud its a state road and there are so many federal road within Lagos that they failed to do anything to .

Thank you jare. My thots exactly?
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Lasinoh: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
Na wah for the 'Black' brain!
Highly dysfunctional. cry
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by KnowAll(m): 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
I think charging a toll on a state road BY A State Goverment is within the purvey of the " Residual List" in the constitution. If this information is true, it would be challenged in court.
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by amaham(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2011
I thought the said the electronic toll-gate developed fault that's why toll collection was stoppd 2 ease off traffic. All these fake news mongers! Ndi ashiri
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Baawaa(m): 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
it cant be true
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by LilpinkyNE: 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
Lekki toll for motorist is still going on.I ve just paid my toll. So far, it is hitchfree as people paid willingly. Some who were not aware b4 were politely shown d alternative route by toll officials. Well we re paying for a good road. But tell d govt, we dont mind paying d toll as long as d road remains in good condition all year round. Lekki resident.
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^ So much for ur first post
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by 2AMLasgidi: 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2011
Check your fact right bros, No Federal Govenment will cancel or suspend toll on Lekki -Epe Expressway.  What LCC is doing because of the traffic is that they are allowing motorist drive through the toll plaza freely for a while to ease up traffic build up caused by those who deliberately drove towards the Toll Plaza & refused to pay toll as expected. I guess some are also just adjusting to the first few days of the tolling. They are still collecting tolls now,

I commend this innitiative, it shows they are not out to cause untold hardship for lagosian. if they are out for the money irrespective of what happens they wont open the road at interval for free flow of traffic
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Koolking(m): 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
odiaero:

Hello, i just heard from somebody in the bank that FG have cancelled the Lekki toll gate charges, they said it cost a lot of traffics, am inside V.I now, am yet to confirm myself, anyone?

Hoax!!!! For the fact that fed govt cancels toll on a state road without recourse to the state makes it a grand hoax. However, the people's wish should prevail on this issue. This toll will impact negatively on the people of the area most especially during emergency situations. I wish it was true.
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by LilpinkyNE: 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
LCC is focused specifically on the Eti-Osa Lekki-Epe axis; hence, we can only comment on our experience to date in Lagos State. What we see here is a government that is working assiduously to make Lagos State a better and more attractive place for the citizenry and for investors. While we have no doubt experienced various challenges in executing our project to date, it should be said that this is not unusual by developing world standards, given the scale and pioneering nature of what we are doing in Lagos. We can genuinely say, nevertheless, that there is a spirit of cooperation that we continue to experience when working with Lagos State Government, which we believe demonstrates government's serious commitment to the project and to maintaining an
investor-friendly posture. This makes it possible for us as investors to want to stay committed to doing business here in Lagos State.
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Jarus(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2011
Pure, fat misinformation.

The gates were only thrown open when the queue was too long and becoming problematic. Same was done yesterday.
Tolling has since resumed. They are still struggling with collection mechanism; service time is still averaging 3 minutes per car because of change issues.
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by sartorius(m): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2011
they shud reduce it to 50 naira per toll
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Kx: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2011
When this tolling craze moves to say
Banana Island for instance, are we going to have BCC,Banana Concession Company?
Ikoyi, Ikoyi Concession Company
Ketu, Ketu Concession Company
Alausa, Alausa Concession Company?

If govt meant well without any trace of selfish interest, could nt they have borrowed from world finance houses,incorporate Lagos Concession Company,build new roads under BOT arrangement, Lagos Concession Company-LaCC collects the tolls on behalf of Lagos state govt and use the proceeds to liquidate the loans with which the roads were built?
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2011
@ All, i only said i heard in the bank, i did  not confirm it yet, so dont think i have confirmed it, am asking to know too
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by 2AMLasgidi: 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
I can see Bode George trying his hand again on getting the Federal might to dabble on a matter that doesn't concern them. Shame on bad people. The Protest was ill concieved hence it failed to make the required impact. Blackmail will not work where law and order thrives, Our appeal is that LCC may need to reconsider the price of tolling and for LASG to provide more security on the Alternative Road
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by ogasir2011: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2011
odiaero:

@ All, i only said i heard in the bank, i did  not confirm it yet, so dont think i have confirmed it, am asking to know too

Na "Amebo" question be that nah. Next time ask professionally !!!

OVER AND OUT
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Boyoorisha: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
This is no Federal Government business!
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by jidsoon(m): 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
Alimosho, Alimosho Concession Company?
Ikeja, Ikeja Concession Company?
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by ayusman16(m): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

I can see Bode George trying his hand again on getting the Federal might to dabble on a matter that doesn't concern them. Shame on bad people. The Protest was ill concieved hence it failed to make the required impact. Blackmail will not work where law and order thrives, Our appeal is that LCC may need to reconsider the price of tolling and for LASG to provide more security on the Alternative Road

You be mumu. What has Bode George got to do with the deceptive and inhumane style of government of Fashola and ACN?
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by ochibs1010(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
2AMLasgidi:

Check your fact right bros, No Federal Govenment will cancel or suspend toll on Lekki -Epe Expressway.  What LCC is doing because of the traffic is that they are allowing motorist drive through the toll plaza freely for a while to ease up traffic build up caused by those who deliberately drove towards the Toll Plaza & refused to pay toll as expected. I guess some are also just adjusting to the first few days of the tolling. They are still collecting tolls now,

I commend this innitiative, it shows they are not out to cause untold hardship for lagosian. if they are out for the money irrespective of what happens they wont open the road at interval for free flow of traffic

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, you must really be feeding fat on crumbs, to keep upholding your lies.
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by ochibs1010(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2011
ayusman16:

You be mumu. What has Bode George got to do with the deceptive and inhumane style of government of Fashola and ACN?

pls ask the ACN clown, Residents demonstrating, you politicizing it by calling Bode George,
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
Cancel what, it's not possible because the so called road is not a federal road. On the issue of tolling, i think they should reduce the price to 50 to make it easier and faster in case of change wahala
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by Orikinla(m): 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2011
The Lagos State Government explained the need and provided alternative routes for those who do not want to use the Lekki Toll Gate.

Those protesting are just noisemakers.

They spend more than that making unnecessary calls and sending useless text messages on their mobile phones.
Re: Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges by ayusman16(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2011
Orikinla:

The Lagos State Government explained the need and provided alternative routes for those who do not want to use the Lekki Toll Gate.

Those protesting are just noisemakers.

They spend more than that making unnecessary calls and sending useless text messages on their mobile phones.

Really? Clap for yourself. And you think everybody can afford to pay the toll fares everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us / Buhari To Speak At Chatam House On Thursday - Premium Times / Aregbesola And Adeleke Distribute Okadas And Sewing Machines In Osun West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.