Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage (12453 Views)

How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / 25 Ways To Ruin Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by othenok(f): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
Really? This is ur only prob? You either try to b a better companion or u let her be. She has taken to watching Tv cos u re not filling d gap.
Grow up!
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Thugnificent(m): 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2011
sleekch1c:

Quote from: Okija_juju on Today at 10:46:26 AM

if you were so fantastic in bed, you would be able to Bleep that series demon out of her

GBAM
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
othenok:

Really? This is your only prob? You either try to b a better companion or u let her be. She has taken to watching Tv cos u re not filling d gap.
Grow up!
You mean he'z not filing the hole ? cheesy
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by othenok(f): 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2011
@ Bluetooth very correct grin
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by blackweaver(m): 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2011
what's your problem sef? are you not a football fan? when your favorite team is playing don't you ignore everything else until end of half or game over? even if you don't find a way around, get her to plan around her watching time.
And what's this about the house suffering? what if she travelled for a month? you want to tell me that the house will suffer for a month? abeg stop acting like a child; you didn't marry her to be your maid, you guys come to an agreement about how things would be handled and stop whining
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 23, 2011
Sometimes she moves into Home Video and stays till 12pm or longer before joining me on bed.
Abeg tell your wife you want to have sex sometimes, so she should compromise once in a while for you. Besides, I think she isn't enjoying the sex so much, that is why she can forfeit it for he series, so that is an area you should probably work on.
My annoyance is that whenever she settles to watch these episodes every other thing that needs her attention in the house suffers.
What is the 'everything in the house' that suffers in the space of just two hours?
She sleeps off as soon as she lies down. She barely wakes on time to prepare for work in the morning.
Alarm clock, or alarm in your phone. It wakes people on time.

If I am the type that beats, I would have smacked her face a number of times.
How the hell will the thought of beating her because she watches TV even occur to you? You said at the beginning of your write-up that she is a good person and the only problem is the series.

Sometimes I come in from work, say around 8pm, she will quickly serve my food and disappears into the pallor, she doesn't care if I ate or not.
And lastly, your wife can serve you food and not stand there to watch you and make sure you eat, so I think that is a non-issue.

[size=3pt]The woman still dey dish food put for pate give am sef . . . . . hmmm[/size]

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by emmatok(m): 12:04am On Dec 23, 2011
$tunna:

talking with such women will never work as she will get even more hardened and think u r whining and weak, and her respect for u will slowly just die! [/b]only equal and opposite action will help you! do not beat her, just get more busy than she is and you will notice a change, ! you must move away from the current weak position u r in right now to that of a strong position where she is the one needing you! she is your wife and u should know what works with her!

there r enuff suggestions already to consider. you said talking has not worked and so ignore people who insist that you start or keep talking as im not sure they can read well or understand what they read - talking has not worked!!

action big guy -action!
[b]
U DO NOT WISH TO PUT A STRAIN ON your MARRIAGE BUT SHE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT SUCH, SO,

u see why i said u r operating from a position of weakness and it means u have to carry more pains than she does as that always is the case??

its a delicate situation as men r not used to begging for attention from our wives, but if it was her, she would not hesitate to beg for your attention as u will never hold that against her as a man, but she sure will if u do beg!

good luck

CORRECT!!!.

Just ignore her and do something good with you time.

When she want your attention, she will surely beg for it.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by delpee(f): 12:09am On Dec 23, 2011
Its so easy to condemn the man for whining but the issue is that sacrifices have to be made both ways to keep a marriage going. When one person insists on having her way all the time, the union is heading for trouble. If this guy gets into the habit of going out to drink like some people suggested, he will certainly get the attention he badly craves for outside.  He will then abandon madam and that may create a wide gap if madam is too engrossed in TV series to notice in time. Watching everyday within the only time they seem to have together shows a nonchallant attitude IMO.

She should grow up. Its not the same as football which isnt a daily affair. A wife and mother knows that managing the home for peace and progress requires some tolerance,tact, lots of wisdom and a large dose of mutual consideration and patience. You cant do the wrong thing and fire prayers to your detractors and perceived enemies when things go bad due to carelessness.

@OP
Try to ignore her totally for a while by being positively busy. Make it obvious once in a while,without nagging that you need her attention. Let her figure out if the TV series is precious enough to replace her husband. When she complains, you can then reason together and work out something convenient for both of you. Avoid the beer palour option, you will only end up with more problems.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by playahP(m): 12:25am On Dec 23, 2011
my suggestion may not really matter because i know you have already made up your mind on what to do!!!
DO NOT SELL YOUR T.V. OR TALK TO YOUR WIFE ABOUT IT AGAIN.
JUST DO YOUR OWN THING, KEEP YOURSELF BUSY AND VERY SOON, U WILL NOTICE SHE BARELY EXISTS!!

BETTER YET, BUY THE SERIES FOR HER.
LET HER WATCH HER SERIES, WHILE YOU ARE BUSY DOING MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THAN HER.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 23, 2011
This shows that your wife was probably bored, now she's found a hubby, and you are terribly bored.
Bridge that gap by joining her for all those series. They are not that bad!

Just eat your food with her while you guys watch the series,
Then take advantage of sexy scenes in the soap to subtly initiate sex,
Hey, but make sure she thoroughly enjoys it else?
And I bet you after two months, your very self will be unable to live without those soaps.

For those telling you to ignore or get busy, that will only make you guys grow apart, and maintaining that marriage is first your responsibility before being her's. I say rather than get busy, get involved! If you can't beat them better join them!
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by dasparrow: 1:41am On Dec 23, 2011
afam4eva:

This is one of the reasons why i may never get married. If you sneeze, your spouse will open a thread on nairaland probably titled "My husband has abandoned me for sneezing". WTF.

Gbam! well spoken. Common 2 hours of TV watching and this OP is whinning like a lil bitch. This is why I don't envy married folks especially marraiges between naijas because once the elaborate wedding and honeymoon is over, the relationship is not even worth writing home about anymore. OP, take your marital problems elsewhere por favor. No be una wan marry? eheh now. So deal with whatever marraige brings. No wonder you people put unnecessary pressure on us single folks to get married so that we can join you people on the other side of the fence which is clearly a miserable utopia from all indications. Go solve your marital problems yourself, GO, just GO!!!

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by dasparrow: 2:17am On Dec 23, 2011
Agluvs9ja:

This is what happens when 2 teenagers get married. . . One doesnt know she is married. . . And the other complains to the whole world instead of sorting out their marital problems with her. . . Hmmm.

You have spoken well.

angelhair:

Instead of you to sit and watch with her you are complaining and are quick to heap the blame on her. She even gives you food sef! You dont want the woman to catch a
'break? Just 2hrs in a day! After work i sit with my oga and watch tv till late, talking and catching up. Haba it's not all about you o oga

Please tell him

blackweaver:

what's your problem sef? are you not a football fan? when your favorite team is playing don't you ignore everything else until end of half or game over? even if you don't find a way around, get her to plan around her watching time.
And what's this about the house suffering? what if she travelled for a month? you want to tell me that the house will suffer for a month? abeg stop acting like a child; you didn't marry her to be your maid, you guys come to an agreement about how things would be handled and stop whining

Thank you

sleekch1c:

Quote from: Okija_juju on Today at 10:46:26 AM

You cheap bastar'd, no be your mate dey buy PVR decoder for their house?!

Your wife dey watch series you come out here dey shout like Ashawo wey dem Bleep on credit!!

Go and buy her a PVR decoder so she can simply record all the series she wants to watch and watch them at her leisure instead of punishing her to sit and watch series foe hours or miss her shows entirely. Plus if you were so fantastic in bed, you would be able to Bleep that series demon out of her

This is d smartest post here.
@op,men like U̶̲̥̅̊ are d reason ♈ marriage scares d hell out of me.U̶̲̥̅̊ sound like a whiner.leave d woman alone U̶̲̥̅̊ nagging husband!

Exactly. Can you imagine this kinda BS? reporting one's wife whom he promised to love and cherish to a public forum? What happens when bigger issues arise in the home? I guess he will report madam to President Jonathan Goodluck. Some people really do not understand this institution called marraige. If they did, they won't be here on nairaland soliciting for advice from strangers on how to solve their marital wahala.

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Outstrip(f): 2:43am On Dec 23, 2011
Maybe she can record the shows. Maybe unwind for one hour and then tape the second hour. Alternatively she can wait until the season is over and get the DVD set.

LMAO. There are some wicked people on the NL sha
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by MisterNRC(m): 5:17am On Dec 23, 2011
@OP:
Television Series is too vague a term. can you please be more specific? Which of the series are "affecting your marriage"?

you want to tell me that you were not yourself addicted to Prison Break /Spartacus/Heroes when they were doing their rounds?
There are a lot you can "learn" too and enjoy with her (after-all am second-guessing that she doesn't complain and enjoys your soccer with you)
or otherwise try and heed  wink okija-jujus recommendation wink.

May the Force be with you.

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by tpia5: 6:13am On Dec 23, 2011
I dont understand what the op is complaining about.

If your wife unwinds in front of the tv after the stress of the day's work, then join her there occasionally.

As for her serving your food then not staying to watch you eat it- what does that mean? You want to make conversation with her but she doesnt hang around long enough to do so?

Take the food and join her in front of the tv nah.

And have you ever tried asking her about her day at work. Maybe that's why she turns to the tv instead if you're not giving her emotional support.

Anyway, maybe i need to reread yor post because i cant say i get it.

Tv can be very addictive, true- especially this nollywood stuff- but you have to find creative ways to get your message across.

For now i think joining her in front of the tv might be the best option. If a scene gets x rated then you do the same as long as you have some privacy (that goes without saying). Or put one in the room or something. Or record some shows.

You know- brainstorm.

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by dastudent(m): 7:06am On Dec 23, 2011
From what i can deduce.
1. Op owns a startimes decoder
2. Stve2 is know for showing maraton episodes of the telenovelas everyone was addicted to at one time or the other.
3. Op is not angry about the neglecting of house duties but the fact that,there is no "punnany" for him and the fact that,he has no cosy sex, ual time with his wife anymore.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by sugar001(f): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2011
This thread should be for married folks. Even peeps that ve never succeeded in a one month relationship are responding. Rubbish!
@Poster! Communication is the key in marriage. Talk to your wife about your feelings and be sincere about it. She is your wife, She loves you, She should beable to adjust. Goodluck!
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Konnektions146(m): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2011
read pendo89`s advice.
but this marriage biz is just scary a little.

give her some busy-schedule treatment and she will listen to yu and yu guys talk and strike a deal

good luck
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 23, 2011
Everyone has an upbringing. I do not see anything wrong about watching TV all day. But what I see here is that the poster has an issue with his attitude. You can not run a marriage like a regiment. Your wife is not your cook and she is not your steward. Hire a cook and get a bigger house. You are on Nairaland for God's sake. Take your focus off your wife and watch football on the next decoder. My girl is addicted to E! and I am addicted to National Geography and History. The only thing I bother about is, my nice dish should be there and we disappear to our worlds and meet later on bed, and I hardly go to bed in time. Take off your ego and you will see that your wife's addiction will even be cool for you. What about going to the bar at night while she is watching movies and by the time she goes to bed by 1:am you are still at a nice bar. She will recoil.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 23, 2011
Hahahahahaha this Poster na yeye oh. SO you no get TV for bedroom. What a shame. Go buy TV put for Bedroom jor with extra decoder, when movie enter love scene you follow enter. Na punanny dey hungry am jare.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Shinatu: 9:16am On Dec 23, 2011
This is interesting, the woman good comes back from work, attends to the home well enough to be able to put  food on the table and she still cannot have two hours to herself to unwind?
So when in her life will she be able to relax and do something she likes? I guess she  is supposed to sacrifice the little little comforts & pleasures she can squeeze out of working and managing the home . Her own happiness is ofcourse very irrelevant in this matter.

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2011
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by shagaman: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2011
so many advice for forum, lol
As for me some times guys should understand to be matured,women would always be women,try and join her once in a while and even ow often does the op help his wife out in the kitchen.

I love football,she loves series,for me 1 + 1=2

your wife may not love football.

i allow my wife watch her series,she likes following me to watch football once in a while especially wekends cos she knows isi-ewu sure, guy u need spice up your marriage.

be a man

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 23, 2011
Bitches,. He means STV2[STARTIMES TELEVISION 2] on Startimes,
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Basildon1(m): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2011
Methink, you have to start watching some of these series with her! If you do that, I think it will be easy to guilt her to reduce it. There's always 2 ways to approach issues - the soft way and the hard way. If possible, always avoid the hard way of paying her back in her own coin.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2011
Outstrip:

Maybe she can record the shows. Maybe unwind for one hour and then tape the second hour. Alternatively she can wait until the season is over and get the DVD set.

LMAO. There are some wicked people on the NL sha

Wait until the season is over ke? Not all the time for me ooooo. Tv series like NIKITA and HAWAII FIVE 0 cannot wait until the season is over embarassed
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2011
@ OP, inasmuch as am not condoning laxity on the part of your wifey, but marriage isn't prison where one is like in a handcuff.

She works, right, and she spends just 2 hours @ night after work to unwind. Naaah, that isn't too much bro. Where i have an issue is, she making it a habit all night at the expense of other things in the house.

I have a friend @ the office who complained about his wife always watching X-Factor, and never being there for him. Same advice i gave to him is what imma gonna give u.

Sit her down, she is your wife, and u are the head. Talk to her as a wife, a friend, and not as your employee. Make her realize that the house isn't feeling her as much as before, and u want her to make adjustments in her TV schedule. Watch the series wit her once in a while, i bet u might even like it more than her. Plan a weekend get away from home, just to be together alone.  This MUST work for her. But if after all of these, she still is addictive to her series, try the IGNORE option, it works with women a lot.  But whatever u do, don't touch her.

Wish u luck bro. Marriage isn't a bed of roses. And even if it were, roses do have thorns.

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Princek12(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2011
Buy a TV for the bedroom or move the TV in the living room to the bedroom. Have her watch her TV shows in the bedroom.

Marriage should not be a prison sentence where each party completely abandons what he or she enjoys to do, as long as it is not excessive. Here, your wife does not appear to be watching the TV shows excessively, as she watches it just for two hours a night. I suggest you discuss with her and come to an amicable resolution of this matter.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by wazobiang: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
bros u have a quiet family.
if watching tv is your problem, i mean.
some chicks come home late to cook for their husband with hands they used to handle another dike.

u no go leave the girl be when she don find interest in something that is ok.

dat na d problem with us now. man watch footback or play game, woman complain. woman watch series or use blackberry anyhow, man go complain. both forgetting that these are just means of releasing stress.
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by Analytical(m): 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2011
@Poster, you already have good advice. Just follow them. From what I see, you need her company at about the same time her favourite program runs, since you come home at about 8pm. You both need to make some compromises. You have to give her the pleasure of watching her favourite.

You can decide to join her after you must have finished the wonderful meal to watch together. You don't really need to 'watch'. Carry your novel/laptop, whatever, with you to the sitting room. Right where she is curled up on the rug or couch enjoying her program, gently nudge your head to rest on her lap while you 'watch' with her or read, or do some other wonderful things with the hands and all God has given you. Don't ask me what. Flirt with your wife, mr man.

Alternatively, invest a little sum in another TV for the bedroom. Make sure the decoder is there too. And agree with her to make sure she watches the program in the bedroom. That way you have everything you need within reach.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by texazzpete(m): 1:26pm On Dec 23, 2011
Just invest in a mistress that will entertain you from 9 - 11PM daily. When she sees live action happening in front of her eyes, she go carry herself come back grin
Re: Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage by basadenet: 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2011
I have a similar scenario in my place. all you need do is to put off that same tv when the program is on am sure she will be forced to adjust to some extent. i have tried it and it work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Christmas Giveaway By Twaci (2021 Edition) / My Hubby Is A Nymphomaniac, Please Help / Do You Believe In Marrying Young?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.