Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65424 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 01, 2012
Maybe he used a corrupt lion. He might need to explain better.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by 247man: 8:36am On Mar 04, 2012
When i got the mac, it was running snowleopard, i bought d original lion from d appstore for 30$. I made sure i backed up my snow leopard settings on an external hard drive. So after installing lion and installing all uodates, d issue started, after using lion for a week, i couldnt cope cos it freezes almost every 10mins, i restored from my snow leopard backup and it didnt freeze for days. After one week, I redownloaded d lion, reinstalled, started freezing. Very annoying scenario. I'm back to snow leopard an its working perfectly. I chrcked online and i realise its affecting lots of mid 2010 15" MBPs, i think @tumababa's link has something to do with my issue. It still under warranty if going by d 2 yrs warranty exetension. I av given it to d guy dat sold it for me anyway, he said he will ship it back to US and try to repair under warranty.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2012
247man:

When i got the mac, it was running snowleopard, i bought d original lion from d appstore for 30$. I made sure i backed up my snow leopard settings on an external hard drive. So after installing lion and installing all uodates, d issue started, after using lion for a week, i couldnt cope cos it freezes almost every 10mins, i restored from my snow leopard backup and it didnt freeze for days. After one week, I redownloaded d lion, reinstalled, started freezing. Very annoying scenario. I'm back to snow leopard an its working perfectly. I chrcked online and i realise its affecting lots of mid 2010 15" MBPs, i think @tumababa's link has something to do with my issue. It still under warranty if going by d 2 yrs warranty exetension. I av given it to d guy dat sold it for me anyway, he said he will ship it back to US and try to repair under warranty.

Thanks for updating us on your situation. Your situation is really a puzzling one. Thank goodness your Mbp is still under warranty. Hope Apple sort it out quickly and your Mbp is back with you soon.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by 247man: 10:42am On Mar 05, 2012
Hopefully too. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
A brief Tutorial on how to encrypt your USB Thumb Drive using OS X Lion.

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by kaiwei: 7:49am On Mar 26, 2012
thereby giving you the best of both worlds!![img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by privteEye: 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hi Moderator and All,

I need your opinion. Bought a mac probook (i7, 500Gb, 8GRAM) that was flooded with water by accident.
The logic board and the top part (keyboard, power button, trackpad) are gone.
Apple is requesting for about £500 to fix the macbook while a new one will cost around £1200 pounds.
I will prefer to exchange the dead mac for a new one with cash but that is not feasible based on apple’s feedback. What do I do?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 27, 2012
priv@teEye:
Hi Moderator and All,

I need your opinion. Bought a mac probook (i7, 500Gb, 8GRAM) that was flooded with water by accident.
The logic board and the top part (keyboard, power button, trackpad) are gone.
Apple is requesting for about £500 to fix the macbook while a new one will cost around £1200 pounds.
I will prefer to exchange the dead mac for a new one with cash but that is not feasible based on apple’s feedback. What do I do?

You better fix it at that price - i7 Mac-book pro logic board alone can cost you that amount.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by racoon8995(m): 1:59am On Mar 30, 2012
was considering getting myself a macbook buh m not so sure again now...besides ive got a superior HP ENVY 17 3D monster! think ill stick to that
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
racoon8995: was considering getting myself a macbook buh m not so sure again now...besides ive got a superior HP ENVY 17 3D monster! think ill stick to that

racoon8995,where you considering buying a Macbook or Macbook Pro 15? Your HP Envy is a very powerful machine so I'm sure you where comparing it to a Macbook Pro 15. We can try out a little experiment. Let us come back to this post a year from now. By that time I am sure your superior Envy would have lost at least 40 percent of its present value, while a Macbook Pro 15, of similar age to your Envy would have lost no more than 5 percent of its value!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by lacastre: 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2012
do u where i can get ibook battery in lag/comp. village?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by amor4ce(m): 3:10am On Apr 06, 2012
[size=16pt]Half a million Mac computers 'infected with malware'[/size]

Dr Web says most infected computers are in the US

More than half a million Apple computers have been infected with the Flashback Trojan, according to a Russian anti-virus firm.

Its report claims that about 600,000 Macs have installed the malware - potentially allowing them to be hijacked and used as a "botnet".

The firm, Dr Web, says that more than half that number are based in the US.

Apple has released a security update, but users who have not installed the patch remain exposed.

Flashback was first detected last September when anti-virus researchers flagged up software masquerading itself as a Flash Player update. Once downloaded it deactivated some of the computer's security software.

Later versions of the malware exploited weaknesses in the Java programming language to allow the code to be installed from bogus sites without the user's permission.

Remote control
Dr Web said that once the Trojan was installed it sent a message to the intruder's control server with a unique ID to identify the infected machine.

"By introducing the code criminals are potentially able to control the machine," the firm's chief executive Boris Sharov told the BBC.

"We stress the word potential as we have never seen any malicious activity since we hijacked the botnet to take it out of criminals' hands. However, we know people create viruses to get money.

"The largest amounts of bots - based on the IP addresses we identified - are in the US, Canada, UK and Australia, so it appears to have targeted English-speaking people."

Dr Web also notes that 274 of the infected computers it detected appeared to be located in Cupertino, California - home to Apple's headquarters.

Update wait
Java's developer, Oracle, issued a fix to the vulnerability on 14 February, but this did not work on Macintoshes as Apple manages Java updates to its computers.

Apple released its own "security update" on Wednesday - more than eight weeks later. It can be triggered by clicking on the software update icon in the computer's system preferences panel.

The security firm F-Secure has also posted detailed instructions about how to confirm if a machine is infected and how to remove the Trojan.

Although Apple's system software limits the actions its computers can take without requesting their users' permission, some security analysts suggest this latest incident highlights the fact that the machines are not invulnerable.

"People used to say that Apple computers, unlike Windows PCs, can't ever be infected - but it's a myth," said Timur Tsoriev, an analyst at Kaspersky Lab.

Apple could not provide a statement at this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17623422
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by 100gigabytes: 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2012
STEVE JOBS SAID, "IF YOU ARE RIGHT YOU DO NOT NEED TO ARGUE, AND IF YOU ARE WRONG , YOU BETTER NOT ARGUE,"

I LOVE Mac
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by 100gigabytes: 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
u do not need to convince anyone about the brilliance of a Mac, when you lay your hands on one you will understand the difference between excellent and ordinary
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Maleeq(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2012
Olisa74:

racoon8995,where you considering buying a Macbook or Macbook Pro 15? Your HP Envy is a very powerful machine so I'm sure you where comparing it to a Macbook Pro 15. We can try out a little experiment. Let us come back to this post a year from now. By that time I am sure your superior Envy would have lost at least 40 percent of its present value, while a Macbook Pro 15, of similar age to your Envy would have lost no more than 5 percent of its value!
Hmmmm, so market value dictates efficiency? Just wondering...
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 11:17am On Apr 07, 2012
Maleeq:
Hmmmm, so market value dictates efficiency? Just wondering...

In economics, for a consumer, price is the monetary expression of the value to be enjoyed/benefits of purchasing a product, as compared with other available items. So if people are willing to pay much more for a mac, and with time, much less for a PC, it must indicate something important about the product.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by SoftVersion(m): 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
I‘m thinking of buying Apple Macbook Pro 13inches 2.8GHZ. It cost a fortune but I‘m ready for it. I hope I won‘t have to change the laptop in the next few year... I‘ll be using it for professional use, though I‘m a student and into programming and stuffs like that, how‘s d battery life?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:40am On Apr 14, 2012
SoftVersion: I‘m thinking of buying Apple Macbook Pro 13inches 2.8GHZ. It cost a fortune but I‘m ready for it. I hope I won‘t have to change the laptop in the next few year... I‘ll be using it for professional use, though I‘m a student and into programming and stuffs like that, how‘s d battery life?

You should be able to get up to 7 hours battery life( According to Apple). My wife uses a 6 year old 13" Macbook and can still get up to 4 hours of battery life and has had no problems so far.
It does cost a small fortune, but it is money well spent.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by bayfam(m): 2:31pm On Apr 19, 2012
Hello Moderator and NL's... Pls i need a battery for my Apple iBook G4 laptop,d battery is flat....once d light goes off it's off too......d laptop is not new though but still working except d mouse is bad,am using external mouse...pls o battery? Where?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2012
bayfam: Hello Moderator and NL's... Pls i need a battery for my Apple iBook G4 laptop,d battery is flat....once d light goes off it's off too......d laptop is not new though but still working except d mouse is bad,am using external mouse...pls o battery? Where?

Do you live in Nigeria?
If so try:
The Orchard, Shop 3, Civic Centre Ozumba Mbadiwe Street, VI, Lagos, 07028064109
or try www.ishopa.com

You might need to arrange to have one imported as I doubt anyone would stock an ibook G4 battery.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by bayfam(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2012
@Olisa74 ....thanks,yes a Nigerian infact staying around lsland, hv been there d civic center,d lady scared me with price i thought...she said 48k....n blunt about it just work out...thanks i will try other places.....pls is dat reason a guy sold origina used,cut n tapped power pack for me at 8k,i hv no choice but to buy...d systems everytin is expensive..sha! Thanks again
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2012
bayfam: @Olisa74 ....thanks,yes a Nigerian infact staying around lsland, hv been there d civic center,d lady scared me with price i thought...she said 48k....n blunt about it just work out...thanks i will try other places.....pls is dat reason a guy sold origina used,cut n tapped power pack for me at 8k,i hv no choice but to buy...d systems everytin is expensive..sha! Thanks again

48k for a new battery is absolutely ridiculous. Apple, though, need to calm down on the price of Apple accessories. I paid £101 for a new MBP battery late last year.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Rachelwang(f): 1:20am On Apr 22, 2012
app laptop is good
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by amor4ce(m): 6:28am On Apr 22, 2012
The prices at the Orchard seem to be highly escalated.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by 100gigabytes: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
i have for sale@softversion , N190,000 core i7 2.8ghz 750 gb HD , bought it in march , still very clean with receipts and hardshell case ,
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
amor4ce: The prices at the Orchard seem to be highly escalated.

Must be due to a lack of competition.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by bodnel: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2012
hi pros, my iphone network just disapeared after downloading from cydia, so it was taking long loading, then i forced it to off, after switching it on d netwrk was no wre, though i un installed d program, it still same, any time d simply is inserted, it ll tell me searching, pls help. 08023908522 bodnel@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:08am On Apr 24, 2012
bodnel: hi pros, my iphone network just disapeared after downloading from cydia, so it was taking long loading, then i forced it to off, after switching it on d netwrk was no wre, though i un installed d program, it still same, any time d simply is inserted, it ll tell me searching, pls help. 08023908522 bodnel@yahoo.com

Which model iPhone are you using?
I got this solution off the internet, it should pretty much work for you:

If you've attempted to hack your iPod Touch or iPhone, you may have experienced a problem that left your iPhone or iPod completely unusable.
The bad news is that only a professional data recovery company will be able to get the data off of your iPhone. The good news is that if you're willing to part with your address book, contacts, etc., you can get your iPhone running like new again with a few simple steps.

1. Download the newest iPhone software. You can do this through iTunes, and it'll be necessary for one of the later steps; you're going to completely overwrite the software of the iPhone, so no applications or music will remain on the iPhone when all of this is done.

2. Plug your iPhone into your computer. It may or may not display on iTunes. Hold down the top button on the iPhone until the iPhone shows a message that says "Slide to Power Off," and a red arrow on a bar. Slide this and wait for the iPhone to completely power itself off.

3. Hold down the home button. That's the big ol' button at the bottom of the face of your iPhone. Plug the iPhone back into your computer. This enters the iPhone into "recovery mode," which is, you guessed it, the mode that you need to use to reset the iPhone and restore the factory default settings.

4. Open iTunes. iTunes may actually open automatically--this is fine. You'll see a message that says something like "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode," with an option to restore the iPhone. Press on restore and wait--do NOT disconnect the iPhone, though if you do you'll probably just have to go through this process again. Let the software get completely installed, and your iPhone should now work with the latest version of its software.

5. Use Your Fixed iPhone. It should be completely unbricked now; if something's still wonky, you can try to repeat the process.

Note that this process will also work for a bricked iPod Touch, and you can use it if your iPhone is having other, non-exploit related issues, too. It's more of a complete fix than the simpler restore option in the iPhone Software Updater, as it turns off all of the functions of the iPhone before re-installing the OS and software, so it's something to try if your iPhone ever seems to just not want to work and the standard restore option doesn't do anything.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 24, 2012
hp lapotop for sell if you want to buy for cheap amount you can call me on 08078224963

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.