Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65469 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by skp909: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
Where can I repair my macbook pro the mouse doesnot work
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
skp909: Where can I repair my macbook pro the mouse doesnot work

Is it the track pad on your macbook pro giving you problems?
The issue might be your battery. Try removing the battery. If the track pad works with the battery removed then you might just need a new battery.
When the battery on older Macbook pros are reaching their end, they expand, thus pushing up against the track pad and causing track pad problems.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by akinlade11: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
Pls can someone help me out with my MacBook pro problem?it always says kernel panick error and it will not come up at all atimes and atimes it will come up but I sense the problem is now getting too embarrassing everyday,so wut can I do now?
Mr olisah,am also waiting for ur suggestion on this sir.

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 12:48am On Dec 11, 2012
akinlade 1: Pls can someone help me out with my MacBook pro problem?it always says kernel panick error and it will not come up at all atimes and atimes it will come up but I sense the problem is now getting too embarrassing everyday,so wut can I do now?
Mr olisah,am also waiting for ur suggestion on this sir.

In most cases, kernel panics are not caused by an issue with the Mac itself. They are most likely caused by an issue external to the Mac. If the kernel panic doesn't happen again within a few weeks, you don't need to troubleshoot further.

To help avoid kernel panics, install all available software updates until Software Update reports "Your software is up to date". OS X updates improve the tolerance for external issues such as malformed network packets and so forth. For most kernel panics, updating your software is all you have to do.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3742?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by akinlade11: 10:28am On Dec 11, 2012
thank u@Mr olisah sir,but I was initially thinking it was the the hard drive thatve started to malfunction.Anyway,I will go and update d the said ios and will get back to u sir.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Maleeq(m): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
Offtopic:

Hmmmm...just thinking:

Samsung was asked to pay Apple $1bn -> NOI's mum is kidnapped -> Kidnappers want $1bn

Hmmmm, who kidnapped NOI's mum? grin
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
Maleeq: Offtopic:

Hmmmm...just thinking:

Samsung was asked to pay Apple $1bn -> NOI's mum is kidnapped -> Kidnappers want $1bn

Hmmmm, who kidnapped NOI's mum? grin

Coincidence? $1bn. Nigerians sef. I have always believed that Apple will someday launch an official store in Nigeria. Our government should please try and get to grips with all the nonsense. We are driving away foreign investors. The masses, you and I, are bearing the brunt.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by terryhill: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sup bro. Ples i need activation code for mac keeper 2012 plesss.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
terryhill: Sup bro. Ples i need activation code for mac keeper 2012 plesss.

I personally don't think it is necessary to use pay ware for cleaning up your Mac. There are many free alternatives. Give Onyx a try. Its free, and does pretty much the same thing!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by terryhill: 1:48am On Dec 23, 2012
k, tanx but ples where can i download onyx
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2012
terryhill: k, tanx but ples where can i download onyx

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11582/onyx
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 8:47am On Dec 28, 2012
Olisa74:

I like that ! @Olisa what do you think about Power nab ?
I dislike the windows ACPI/Sleep mode methods, it basically
Seat there and do nothing. Powernab conquers all.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
deji2009:

I like that ! @Olisa what do you think about Power nab ?
I dislike the windows ACPI/Sleep mode methods, it basically
Seat there and do nothing. Powernab conquers all.

Power nap is king. Very soon PC manufacturers are going to follow suite!
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Maleeq(m): 9:32am On Jan 02, 2013
Power Nap, sounds like "Intel Smart Connect Technology" to me. Apple should be using processors from intel that supports this tech and just warped the software around it.

Googled up some info, HP Envy from 2011 has this feature as did Vista OS (though it was DOA for OEM didn't adopt it then). Give it up to Apple, they made it better!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 9:16am On Jan 04, 2013
Maleeq: Power Nap, sounds like "Intel Smart Connect Technology" to me. Apple should be using processors from intel that supports this tech and just warped the software around it.

Googled up some info, HP Envy from 2011 has this feature as did Vista OS (though it was DOA for OEM didn't adopt it then). Give it up to Apple, they made it better!

wink
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by terryhill: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
ples i need activation code for tuneupmymac,, plssss
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
terryhill: ples i need activation code for tuneupmymac,, plssss

Use this instead, it is free, and just as good!

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by AbaJ(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2013
Please Help !!!! I have a Macbook which i bought in 2009 and which i have not used in years. I dug it up for use and i found out that it uses Leopard OS X which is quite old. I intend to upgrade it to a more current operating system. My question is, how current can i go and can anyone lead me on the process to upgrade to the most current i can get to?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
Aba_J: Please Help !!!! I have a Macbook which i bought in 2009 and which i have not used in years. I dug it up for use and i found out that it uses Leopard OS X which is quite old. I intend to upgrade it to a more current operating system. My question is, how current can i go and can anyone lead me on the process to upgrade to the most current i can get to?

Seems your Mac uses the 10.5 Leopard version.
Here's how to find out click on the apple logo
at the top and click about this mac and tell us
the memory ram. Also it will be to difficult for
your Macbook to cope. e.g. high fan temperature etc
I would have recommend a Mac pro for Mountain Lion
http://www.apple.com/uk/osx/how-to-upgrade/
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2013
Seems your Mac uses the 10.5 Leopard version.
[quote][/quote]

@Hsk i cant see your post. it is hidden
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by AbaJ(m): 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
[quote author=deji2009]Seems your Mac uses the 10.5 Leopard version.

Yes, i have the 10.5 Leopard version. I will have to upgrade to Snow Leopard version first before i can upgrade to any of the Lion versions.

Many thanks for you reply.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
[quote author=Aba_J][/quote]

read http://www.apple.com/uk/osx/how-to-upgrade/
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
The new 27-inch iMac

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
Apple has introduced the Fusion Drive to the world. Will PC manufactures catch on?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.