Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! (6997 Views)

Watch Video Of The Violence At Apc Rally In Okrika / Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai / CPC Statement On The Violence In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2011
stagger:

I will love to look you in the eyes when the peasants of this country that you people have oppressed will drag your fat blobby body on the streets.
You and oledepo are the real oppressore here.I'm sure he taught you to slap your wife and sisters too .Stu-pid people.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Idowuogbo(f): 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2011
tavon:

stupidity of an ignorant nigerian. how much are you bleeping worth? do you really wanna brag about riches on a an anonymous environment. Do you really know the worth on any one of us to make such a statement or are you on the forbes list. what have you achieved in this life. [b]Are you googleable? [/b]How much is your laptop you are typing on seff. Give civilization a chance u silly fool
Correct no mind am , i bet he ate d wall geckos in his compound dis Christmas due to shortage of cash .I dont y pips here feel the need to brag to anonymous characters they know little off mtseeew."when the water is deepest it makes d least noise", na small boi pardon am  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by tavon(m): 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
stagger:

Do you even have a bicycle spoke? Uncivilized f[i]o[/i]ol!
hahahaha is that all your brain can muster? Point out anywhere in my statement where i boasted on any material possession i own for you to ask do i even own a bicycle spoke? fool. empty barrels make the loudest noise. you are not worth my shoe lace. you and baaastard oyedepo can suck the precipitate off d tip of my Joystick. hahahaha
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by NegroNtns(m): 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2011
Relax,

Its a good thought and initiative but let us not start dipping government's hands in everything in our society that we find insulting.  We are government!  We should only go to authorities after we have taken unsuccessful action on our own to get remedy.  

I watched the video and noticed that women members in the congregation jumped for joy at Bishop Oyedepo"s testimony of physically abusing another woman.  So if this Bishop's act was wrong, then in what way has the female congregation expressed their dissaproval?  How about the men in the church, do they find it insulting that their leader is abusing a female member; and what are they doing about it?  

Let us know how the immediate victim and her fellow church members have taken action to chastise their pastor before you ask the general community to jump in, or the state government and a foreign country to intervene with penal measures.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2011
Idowuogbo:

Correct no mind am , i bet he ate d wall geckos in his compound dis Christmas due to shortage of cash .I dont y pips here feel the need to brag to anonymous characters they know little off mtseeew."when the water is deepest it makes d least noise", na small boi pardon am  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You wan make his rich man slap you abi ? Lmao
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by sojioguns(m): 11:09pm On Dec 25, 2011
I believe the media has a lot of power in advocacy. If the video wasn't placed on youtube, all this "noise" won't have started. I implore all media practitioners not to hesitate to bring to the fore more of such acts.
Please also feel free to watch a short film also advocating against domestic violence:

http://vimeo.com/30420176

Cheers.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Idowuogbo(f): 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You wan make his rich man slap you abi ? Lmao
Slap who wen he never high,i go roast am like say na suya i wan prepare
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Relax,

Its a good thought and initiative but let us not start dipping government's hands in everything in our society that we find insulting.  We are government!  We should only go to authorities after we have taken unsuccessful action on our own to get remedy.  

I watched the video and noticed that women members in the congregation jumped for joy at Bishop Oyedepo"s testimony of physically abusing another woman.  So if this Bishop's act was wrong, then in what way has the female congregation expressed their dissaproval?  How about the men in the church, do they find it insulting that their leader is abusing a female member; and what are they doing about it?  

Let us know how the immediate victim and her fellow church members have taken action to chastise their pastor before you ask the general community to jump in, or the state government and a foreign country to intervene with penal measures.
They are under the anointing of priest oledepo besides any challenge on his majesty is an automatic blasphemy punishable by slapping from oledepo himself.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by tavon(m): 11:15pm On Dec 25, 2011
Idowuogbo:

Correct no mind am , i bet he ate d wall geckos in his compound dis Christmas due to shortage of cash .I dont y pips here feel the need to brag to anonymous characters they know little off mtseeew."w[b]hen the water is deepest it makes d least noise[/b]", na small boi pardon am  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

hahahaha money talks bullshit walks. he should put his money where is mouth is and proove his claim. even a rat can come on the internet and boast he is a lion.lool
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Goshen360(m): 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2011
Truth is heavy; only a few carry it. Jesus established the church to occupy spiritual and terrestial territories, dismantle evil devices and practices, pronouce Christ's Lordship and earnestly prepare for the Lord's coming. I have observed closely the present day practices of Christ's church from lens of the word of God and found out that the religious leaders have only established traditions of men and many church goers cannot just see anything other than the traditions they met when they came to the church thinking those traditions are right as it has become a common practice. But I tell you friends, a silent revolution has already started.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by muyoto: 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2011
Nigerians are indeed very funny people.

I had promised myself not comment on dis issue anymore, but this particular one, given its sheer absurdity, has warranted a word or two.

To put its absurdity into context, consider d fact boko haram has consigned to early grave, in d most fiendish manner conceivable, no fewer than 20 Christians whose only offence was that they had gone to pay due reverence to our Lord Jesus whose birthday, incidentally, it is today.

Rather than we collectively reflect on d situation, some funny fellows have preoccupied themselves with bringing what they, in their equally funny line of thinking, consider justice to the bishop. Never mind that d lady in question didn't ask their favour in d first place.

More baffling is new angle they seek to bring into d matter: ''violence against women'', when it is clear, at least to those with a functional brain, dat the gender of d lady had absolutely nothing to do with d incident. Had it been a male, i doubt if d bishop would have reacted differently.

But that is neither here nor there. Bottom line: this silliness has gone on for too long. Its high time it stopped.

We have far more pressing issues to concern ourselves with.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by tavon(m): 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
muyoto:

Nigerians are indeed very funny people.

I had promised myself not comment on dis issue anymore, but this particular one, given its sheer absurdity, has warranted a word or two.

To put its absurdity into context, consider d fact boko haram has consigned to early grave, in d most fiendish manner conceivable, no fewer than 20 Christians whose only offence was that they had gone to pay due reverence to our Lord Jesus whose birthday, incidentally, it is today.

Rather than we collectively reflect on d situation, some funny fellows have preoccupied themselves with bringing what they, in their equally funny line of thinking, consider justice to the bishop. Never mind that d lady in question didn't ask their favour in d first place.

More baffling is new angle they seek to bring into d matter: ''violence against women'', when it is clear, at least to those with a functional brain, dat the gender of d lady had absolutely nothing to do with d incident. Had it been a male, i doubt if d bishop would have reacted differently.

But that is neither here nor there. Bottom line: this silliness has gone on for too long. Its high time it stopped.

We have far more pressing issues to concern ourselves with.

To answer you , this thread has been in existence long before the boko harram incidence also new threads have already been created in reference to the tragic terrorist occurence. Regarding the sex of the victim, you are entitled to your opinions.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Idowuogbo(f): 11:42pm On Dec 25, 2011
tavon:

hahahaha[b] money talks bullshit walks[/b]. he should put his money where is mouth is and proove his claim. even a rat can come on the internet and boast he is a lion.lool
Hehehee meanie, its nl so he can claim to b d next bill gate when he doesnt even own a typewriter talkless off a laptop, tank gawd for cafes grin grin grin grin
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by stagger: 11:47pm On Dec 25, 2011
Idowuogbo:

Slap who wen he never high,i go roast am like say na suya i wan prepare

Talk is cheap. My first daughter who is a jujitsu black belt will easily take care of you. No be me go handle you! You have pretty eyes; would be a shame to have them kicked off your face!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by NegroNtns(m): 11:49pm On Dec 25, 2011
They are under the anointing of priest oledepo besides any challenge on his majesty is an automatic blasphemy punishable by slapping from oledepo himself.

You know what, Bluetooth, I didnt look at it that way but you are correct.  What these people call church are in fact cults where the members are hypnotized against their own willpower to act. . . . . they are servants of the pastor, and not of GOD.  Same bs that Bishop Eddie Long used to hoodwink his congregation for support when it was clearly evident he abused young boys sexually.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Goshen360(m): 12:11am On Dec 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

You know what, Bluetooth, I didnt look at it that way but you are correct. What these people call church are in fact cults where the members are hypnotized against their own willpower to act. . . . . they are servants of the pastor, and not of GOD. Same bs that Bishop Eddie Long used to hoodwink his congregation for support when it was clearly evident he abused young boys sexually.

The church itself is NOT a cult my brother but anyone or group of people who uses church to carry out occultic practices as such is prophesied by Christ Himself then, it is our responsibilities to cry out for righteouness sake.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 26, 2011
Why do people reason lamely? What is really the problem? Lack of exposure? Are they drugged? The lady does not need to complain. She cannot anyway judging from her background (no disrespect). Has any of you had their 'well-schooled' mum or sister slapped in front of the world by a man of God? It is barbaric!!!! Whether the lady complains or not is not the issue. It is a sad spectacle to export outside Nigeria.

As christians, what is the solution to the boko haram scourge? How have men of God helped their fellow Christians (especially the ones in the north) in times of need? More should be done instead of opening church branches there. What has been their reaction to the continuous killing of christians rather than 'It shal not be well with them'. Let us not deceive ourselves. as Christians, we must act to protect Christians and not engage in man-worship and be victims of mind-control.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by cold(m): 12:29am On Dec 26, 2011
I don't understand why some of you continue to indulge that stagger moniker.Isn't it obvious he is looking up to his mentor?Just before Oyedepo slapped that helpless lady he screamed; 'DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO'? Tawai!Hot slap!So when that cretin continues to rant about how he can feed your generation it aint hard to tell where the trait is coming from.C'mon guys,it's from his 'Daddy'
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by antartica(m): 12:37am On Dec 26, 2011
The only reason why children are subdued mentally in nigeria is because those adults like oyedepo that are main to be mentors and role models reason like children themselves.

He could only have done that either out of foolishnes.s or trickery to keep the congregation blind.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Hablad47(m): 12:43am On Dec 26, 2011
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by stagger: 1:07am On Dec 26, 2011
The question that most people who have been blinded by their emotions have not even asked once is this:

WHAT WAS THE GIRL DOING IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH WHEN WITCHES WERE ASKED TO COME OUT?

What makes her innocent? There were thousands of children there. Why did the other kids (including my daughter) not go out there to go yarning rubbish?

If all these moralists and new-found human rights activists have been hurt in some way like I was in the past, would they still come out to defend such a person? 

I still maintain my stand; this case does not qualify as a case of violence against women.

My past working experience has included getting justice for women and young girls who are victims of violation, assault, etc for no fault of theirs.

A self-confessed witch does not qualify to be classified as such. So the petition will go nowhere!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by cold(m): 1:16am On Dec 26, 2011
^^So we can have 'prayer warriors/bulldozers','radicals for Jesus','soldiers for Christ (knowing fully well that soldiers kill for a living)' but we can't have a witch for Jesus.The irony is baffling
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by NegroNtns(m): 1:24am On Dec 26, 2011
The church itself is NOT a cult my brother but anyone or group of people who uses church to carry out occultic practices as such is prophesied by Christ Himself then, it is our responsibilities to cry out for righteouness sake.

Goshen, thank you for that insightful statement, you are correct. . . its the individual and not the institution!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by stagger: 1:30am On Dec 26, 2011
cold:

^^So we can have 'prayer warriors/bulldozers','radicals for Jesus','soldiers for Christ (knowing fully well that soldiers kill for a living)' but we can't have a witch for Jesus.The irony is baffling

Can you tell me how Jesus operates with witches?

Because obviously you have never read Exodus 22 verse 18. So explain that girl's statement when juxtaposed with that verse of the bible.

Help me understand the "baffling irony"!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by cold(m): 1:38am On Dec 26, 2011
^^Africans generally think of witch or witchcraft in terms of sorcery & magical powers (but then again isn't that what all these so called Men of God practice?) but my Free dictionary defines a witch in these terms;

1. A hag.
2. A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.
3. Informal A woman or girl considered bewitching.
4. One particularly skilled or competent at one's craft

Again,i reiterate,the irony is baffling
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by freecocoa(f): 1:44am On Dec 26, 2011
@ stagger,Come you this hediot of a staggerer sharrap there before thunder fire you foool,how much do you have,have you eaten today?I'm sure not that's why you are staggering up and down here,stuppid people like you should be the ones receiving hot slaps to see if it'll jolt you back to the reality of how broke you sound,Anumanu.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 26, 2011
Freecocoa, Nice response.

Why do some people act like they have bled dry of common sense? So a 'witch' can be slapped freely. Do we have decrees that permit slapping of 'witches'. My God. I am a witch for electrical engineering. Come and slap me and see now.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by freecocoa(f): 2:13am On Dec 26, 2011
divine2043:

Freecocoa, Nice response.

I am a witch for electrical engineering. Come and slap me and see now.

This really cracked me up. cheesy grin

Don't mind the brainless and drunk staggerer,you need to see how these foools worship the slap giver,I'm sure they even put him above God sef,one time I heard a pastor in his church say to someone"I bless you in the name of daddy(oyedepo),as far as daddy has said it so it shall be" I like was WTF?its not surprising that they support his wickedness,that's how this same slap giver had his men beat up people cos they said the people blocked his entrance to wherever it was he was going. Mumu people.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by tavon(m): 2:27am On Dec 26, 2011
freecocoa:

@ stagger,Come you this hediot of a staggerer sharrap there before thunder fire you foool,how much do you have,have you eaten today?I'm sure not that's why you are staggering up and down here,stuppid people like you should be the ones receiving hot slaps to see if it'll jolt you back to the reality of how broke you sound,Anumanu.

he is a bassstardd. the foolish struggling hustler looking for business opportunities is here talking about how much he has. Stagger have you seen real money before. what cars do you drive? Give me your name let me add you on facebook and check what you have so we can compare lifestyles. moothafoocka
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by Goshen360(m): 2:55am On Dec 26, 2011
stagger:

Can you tell me how Jesus operates with witches?

Because obviously you have never read Exodus 22 verse 18. So explain that girl's statement when juxtaposed with that verse of the bible.

Help me understand the "baffling irony"!

@ Stagger

It will interest you that Jesus never dealt with witches in His days because He was such an anointed and terrifying being that witches cant come near him, if at all they ever exist during His days but we have examples of demons come and speak to Jesus through people, even Peter (Just as that girl was speaking to Oyedepo under witch influence). If witchcraft spirit had spoken through that young girl that was slapped just as devil/demons/witch(es) spoke through Peter and some people under demonic influence in the days of Jesus, my brother please face reality and the gospel truth, JESUS NEVER SLAPPED ANY OF THEM BUT RATHER REBUKED THE DEMONS/EVIL SPIRITS AND DELIVERED THEM. THIS SIMPLE TRUTH YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND IF TRULY YOU ARE FOLLOWING CHRIST AND NOT MAN. YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP DEFENDING THE BISHOP FOR SLAPPING THAT GIRL IN AN ACT OF DELIVERANCE AS YOU DON'T NEED TO BE BORN AGAIN OR SPEAK IN TONGUES IN ORDER TO SPEAK THE TRUTH. I CAN UNDERSTAND IF THE BISHOP HAVE OVER-REACTED AS TO ERR IS HUMAN.

You referred to Ex. 22:18. God is God and cannot change or repent but God is a God of season. Yes, God said: suffer not a witch to live.(Old testament, If you quote that to justify Oyedepo's action, then Oyedepo should have killed the girl to fulfil that verse,ok. Because it says, suffer not a witch to live).

Also, Jesus said He had not come to destroy the law and the prophets but to fulfill them meaning the Law was His type/shadow, everything in the law/prophets was pointing to him as the real thing to come. If not we will still be killing goat like they did under the law. Jesus instituted the New testament (The new ways of doing the old things) by His perfect blood and the season of law was fulfilled, ended and needed no more. So Jesus summed up the law and prophets in One: LOVE. Love your enemies Jesus said, pray for them that persecute you and in doing this, you will proof you are followers of Christ. Paul confirming the words of Jesus said, Our fight is not against physical beings but against spiritual wickedness in high place, rulers of darkness etc.

THIS IS THE NEW TESTAMENT ORDER. WITHOUT MINCING WORDS, PEOPLE THAT PRAYS IN THE CHURCH TODAY THAT THEIR HUMAN/PHYSICAL ENEMIES SHOULD DIE, CURSING OR CALLING HOLY GHOST FIRE ON THEIR PHYSICAL ENEMIES ARE CERTAINLY NOT BIBLE STUDENT AND ARE NOT CHRIST-LIKE BUT JUST BLIND FOLLOWERS. A LOT IS WRONG IN THE CHURCH TODAY AND THROUGH THE LENS OF THE WORD OF GOD, I FOUND OUT IT'S ALL TRADITIONS OF MEN, ESPECIALLY OUR SPIRITUAL LEADERS AND WE HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL LESS WE FOLLOW AFTER THESE UNSCRIPTURAL TRADITIONS AS IT IS ALREADY SPREADING IN THE CHURCH AND PEOPLE JUST FOLLOW THINKING IT IS NORMAL OR RIGHT.

God bless you richly.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by canadaik(m): 4:32am On Dec 26, 2011
the video posted above with the chubby, half-Unclad jackal of a guy is the most dumbest i have seen in a long time, go and gym before exposing your chests and making acusations on youtube LOL grin, besides was the supposed "witch" not a little teenager, was she the "wife of a man ?" as some are saying ? 
Re: Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! by andyanders: 9:04am On Dec 26, 2011
Anybody supporting Oyedipo, should be re-evaluated because he/she needs to be sent to the zoo. Even, animals cannot accept such being to dwell among them. Oyefdipo’s action calls for worldwide condemnation. His action shows that he is not in the spirit. If he is in the spirit, he was supposed to have known that it was not the girl speaking but the demon living inside her. He was supposed to have commanded the demon out of the young girl’s body/ You cannot get anything right by being violent.

I saw an arrogant individual possessed with the spirit of anger, who needed deliverance and not the young girl.

If he is a man of God as he claimed and his worshipers see him, he/they should NOTE that the spirit of God has departed from him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Curfew: The True Story Of Events Leading To The Violence / Oshiomhole’s Corruption File Found In Magu’s House, EFCC Prepares To Arrest Him / INEC Has Not Withdrawn From The Kano Governorship Election Petition Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.