Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,583 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla (24301 Views)

Boko Haram In Madalla, Abuja?! / We Didn't Bomb Madalla Church - Boko Haram / 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2011
gaakgaba:

Boko haram bombed and eid-ground last sallah. now churches. if you still think this is religious, think again.

This is definitely religious. If it is not why are Muslims not taking the lead in openly condemning Boko Haram

This organisation started by calling for full blown sharia rule in Nigeria, has there been any effort by the Muslim population to reject this?

The attempt by the North and Muslims to redefine BokoHaram instead of honestly uniting with the rest of the country to tackle this menace is shameless to say the least!
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2011
Christians are deceiving themselves. many Christian leaders are busy gathering flocking and amassing wealth. They are too busy to come together to fight this evil. You do not achieve anything by saying 'it is well'. It is not well and would never be unless the Southern Christians work closely and honestly with their brethren in the north.

Muslims are actively or passively supporting this reckless loss of lives. That is the major problem.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by freecocoa(f): 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2011
@Divine, you've spoken well,I wonder what's well with killings of innocent christians,this is blasphemy but honestly I can't help saying or feeling this way,how can God allow people that went to worship him die in such a painful manner? I swear at times like this I begin to wonder at the saying that he isn't partial,the useless people behind these Boko hediots are busy enjoying with their families while poor masses are dying yet God ignores it all,I'm just so torn apart right now I don't even know what to think or believe anymore.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by doctokwus: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2011
Whoever is moderating d frontpage has anoda agenda,how can posts on android/bb phones,fashola,pastor fireman av suddenly catapulted to d homepage,neglecting dis story,den as if to hide dere biased moderation dey posted anoda bombin in Yobe state ontop,whc wasn't @all as devastating as dis one.Dis story shudnt av left d top page for anoda for 24hrs;by d way it took series of persuations& hrs after d incident to av it brought to d frontpage.I dnt tink its incompetence,its simply d moderators havin their own hidden agenda
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by gaakgaba: 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2011
@mikeansy. you need to look at the fact on ground and analyse critically to be able to decode the situation on ground. If they are muslims,believe in the eid prayers and their leaders, is it logical for them to have bombed eid-ground? These are facts and may be totally different from your opinion but will never change. If you have been following the situation from the onset you would have known that these sects at a point denounce their emir. they even killed the brother to their purported leader. In as much as i agree with you on some of your points, it is clear that this is never a religious war.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by manchy7531: 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2011
With this happening again, answer the following questions:
1. Is this getting closer to 1966 massacre in the North?
2. Were the Igbos justified to figth back and ask to form their own country?
3. Was Awolowo, though I respect him, right in using starvation as a weapon of war to punish Igbos for saying enough is enough.
4. Did the Yoruba and Middle Belt make a mistake supporting the brutal execution of the Civil War?
5. Was Ojukwu right?
6. Are you now happier with the decisions of 1966?
7. Was Gowon not a Christian and from Middle Belt?
8. Are Gowon's people happier today with their 1966 decision?
9. Now then, who will bell this new cat?
10. Have you spilled the milk already or not?
Finally, what the child climbed the Iroko tree for forty five years to see, the wise elder had seen it while sitting down Forty five years ago.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by splitnaija(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2011
Any retaliatory attacks by Christians yet? I'm sick & tired  of this monopoly being enjoyed by islamic Boko Ha.R.A.M.s
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by naijaking1: 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
mikeansy:

Not sure what you mean?

I am not expecting anybody to legislate against Igbos living in the North. All I am saying is in the face of these brutal attacks that wont stop anytime soon and yet our Government or country has no answer to. People are responsible for their own security.

Being responsible for your own personal security means relocating to where you will be safe and can not be a target because of the language you speak, how u look or the God you pray to.

If this is not fundamental to this discuss I don't know what is?

So I am astonished at what you mean by not confusing issues at this time!

If we don't seperate the issues of terrorist bombing with those of Nigerians having the right to live and work anywhere around the country, we run the risk of diluting the severity of the moment and do no service to the victims of today's bombing.
If we start talking about whether an Igbo is supposed to live and work in the north, then we run the risk of indirectly blaming anyone of them killed by today's bombs, and that's not right.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2011
my eyes are filled with tears and my hearts feels very heavy on the account of this heinious crime against man and the Creator, the most gracious , the most merciful.

" and those who create disoder on earth, those are the losers"

" fight against those who fight against you and do not EXCEED limits, surely Allah does not love those who exceed limits "

" ,  and when he turns away he seeks to wreck havoc on earth shedding blood and destroying crops, Allah will reward him with HELL fire and that surely is a bitter reward "

" and who is more unfortunate than the one who says about Allah what he does not know"

these are the verdicts of Allah on boko haram.
I can go on and on.
Boko haram is not of Islam.  the members are not of Allah
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2011
^^^^

My brother these two issues are intertwined. Every Nigerian has the legal right to live and work everywhere and the position of the law as stated in the constitution is not what is at stake here. What is at stake is people's lives and people choosing to be alive.

I think if all Southerners relocate South eventhough we will continue to welcome the much Northerners we can accomodate down South. In time this people will do some soul searching and ask themselves questions when their economy begin to suffer from their wickedness.

Honestly we have more chances to evolving to more devolved regional Governments over time if this happens.

We can not bully Northerners into loving their fellow countrymen and respecting the sanctity of life. But there are other things we can do and in time this country will be better for it as either split country or a united country with autonomous regions!!!!
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by gaakgaba: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2011
@morufoye. God will continue to increase your knowledge for that intelligent quotes. You speak my mind. Thanks.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by honsule(m): 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2011
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
gaakgaba:

@mikeansy. you need to look at the fact on ground and analyse critically to be able to decode the situation on ground. If they are muslims,believe in the eid prayers and their leaders, is it logical for them to have bombed eid-ground? These are facts and may be totally different from your opinion but will never change. If you have been following the situation from the onset you would have known that these sects at a point denounce their emir. they even killed the brother to their purported leader. In as much as i agree with you on some of your points, it is clear that this is never a religious war.

Ever heard of the phrase diversionary tactics? While bombing eid groud is a fact, or that Boko Haram claiming responsibility for bombing eid ground is a fact. The conclusion you are drawing as them not being Muslim is simply your opinion based on the conclusion you have chosen to draw.

It does not proove Boko Haram is not a Muslim terror organisation. Because Boko Haram could well bomb a mosque to divert attention or purnish someone for some ulterior motive. If anything the only thing it proves is that these terrorists are willing to blow up anybody christain or muslim alike in order to achieve their aim. Hence why the Muslim North should do more to help defeat these guys!!

The official ambition of Boko Haram still remains that they want full blown sharia practiced in all of Nigeria and that has not changed the last time I checked!
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Beaf: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2011
^
That sharia thing is just an excuse to create mayhem. Even the imbeciles among them knows that demand is impossible without them controlling the Presidency.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 25, 2011
Beaf:

^
That sharia thing is just an excuse to create mayhem. Even the imbeciles among them knows that demand is impossible without them controlling the Presidency.

Even with Presidency that wont happen. Even the last Igbo man standing in the east will die in defence of our values than embrace sharia. Also gone are the days when Britain/Russia backed the North and USA kept mute. Because I doubt in this day and age the West will like to see nigeria leaning East (Arab World).

They will not outfox us this time in the UN security council. While we simply have no interest to go to war at this time, let no one test our resolve!!!!
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by hercules07: 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2011
May those who lost their lives RIP, until Nigerians realize that this is not a religious war but a political one, muslims and christians are being killed by Boko Haram, they do not differentiate among religions, they are pushing an agenda and that agenda is not religious, they are just using religion as a smokes screen. I marvel at those who say Nigeria should break, what will happen to christians in the north if we break because of boko haram, will boko haram not have won?
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by gaakgaba: 6:36pm On Dec 25, 2011
@mikeansy. grin grin grin. please check your last argument and judge yourself. Did i hear you say diversionary tactics? what has that got to do with the issue on ground. Like you said, if these people are ready to kill any body to achieve their aim, does that make them muslims? Among the people that died in the UN building are muslims.Is it logical for a muslim to kill his fellow muslim? please THINK BIG.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by hercules07: 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2011
@mike

Bone that thing jare, the West have always felt comfortable with northern leaders, they see them as being amenable, they will back whoever they can control and the British will alway have the backs of the feudal leaders in the north.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by koruji(m): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2011
Yet, this Muslim-on-Muslim violence is a regular feature of our planet today.

You are talking too much theory, and not real practicals of religion.

A religion is defined by what its followers practice, not what it proclaims to practice.

gaakgaba:

@mikeansy. grin grin grin. please check your last argument and judge yourself. Did i hear you say diversionary tactics? what has that got to do with the issue on ground. Like you said, if these people are ready to kill any body to achieve their aim, does that make them muslims? Among the people that died in the UN building are muslims.Is it logical for a muslim to kill his fellow muslim? please THINK BIG.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by millionbuc(m): 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2011
May the perpetrators of this evil come to their right senses. By the way the real perpetrators are the ones in agbada, b/cose this thing is all political.

See more details of the incident at:

http://5slate..com/2011/12/nigeria-christmas-day-church-bombing-17.html
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by mekulonaire(m): 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2011
may BOKO HARAM nd der sponsor die untimely death wifout mercy may d GOD Ofheaven punish dem and may dey perish in HELL.
SEE innocent souls
See children of God who went 2 church nd couldnt come back
May der jentle soul rest in perfect peace AMEN
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2011
I see a lot of realists on ground and unfortunately MIKEANSY is not one of them. Dude, this is either the work of GEJ's Political enemies (those shut out of Government-- i.e Ciroma, Atiku, and the rest Vultures of Northern Heritage); or even the work of the "Split Nigeria" Camp (those in Government that want Nigeria Split but can't come out openly to say so. How else better to do this that create an environment that influences public opinion?).

Even GEJ Camp fit get something to do with am sef. Think about it: DIDNT GEJ ABSOLVE HENRY OKAH OF BLAME OVER THE OCTOBER 1ST, (INDEPENDENCE DAY) BOMBING? MEANWHILE, SOUTH AFRICA IS HOLDING HENRY ORKAH ON CHARGES RELATING TO THAT SAME INCIDENT. GEJ ABSOLVED ORKAH, BUT INDIRECTLY BLAMED IBB AND DOKPESI, THEN LATER MADE THEM CHIEF STRATEGISTS IN HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN. Then, the Police Headquarters gets bombed and the next action GEJ performed was to present NATIONAL HONORS TO  THE POLICE CHIEF a few weeks later. A Police Chief that was supposed to be hounded out of Office, disgraced and probably indicted on charges of Gross Negligence of the security of the Nigerian People he had a duty to protect.

Today the world saw GEJ shaking his booty and dancing Makossa in Church while his country burned. What intelligent minds should be asking is WHAT DOES GEJ KNOW ABOUT THESE BOMBINGS AND WHY ISNT HE WORRIED?!!?

Nobody should forget that the money voted for "Security" in this Year's Budget is supposed to be a hotly contested issue; along with issues like Subsidy Removal etc. Too Much headache for a young Govt if you ask me. But now, Who's going to argue over "Security", abi? Sebi now there will be a justification for the amount budgeted.

Abegi, it'll take more than just screaming "Boko Haram" (or Boko Haram eagerly accepting responsibilities) to convince me that (even though I believe Boko Haram is committing its own evil) this is not more than some Northern Nigerian Islamic Sect performing all these devilish acts.

Make una no forget say external forces also have an interest in seeing Nigeria destabilized. Open your eyes. Think wide. Don't just buy everything you see In the Media. Theres more to this than meets the eye.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Orikinla(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2011
[size=28pt]Boko Haram and other terrorist groups have homes and have families and with helicopters they can be trailed and checked in all their strongholds.

But how many helicopters and patrol vehicles are available to the security forces.

They don't even have enough boots for combat.  [/size]
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Skipfr(m): 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2011
somebody should tel me if d bible mandated us to be fools even tho we are been victimised? Our foolishness as xtians and Southerners is showing right now. It is high time we started Showing d muslims from d North our capabilities in wars. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2011
skipfr, actually these cowards cannot try that with Israel. Nigerian Christians are deluding themselves are are concerned with grabbing money from innocent church goers.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by naijaking1: 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
hercules07:

@mike

Bone that thing jare, the West have always felt comfortable with northern leaders, they see them as being amenable, they will back whoever they can control and the British will alway have the backs of the feudal leaders in the north.

Yes, the West has been comfortable with dictatorial norther rulers, because they're easier to manipulate.
The question is for how long? Given the global war on terrorism, given how fast these westerners change and adapt, and given how they easily change sides with people like Mubrak, anytime can happen in Nigeria against them, the muslim leaders.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by KDULAR: 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2011
The connivance or better still the conspiracy of Northern Emirs in the past in  allowing  non Nigerians especially from Niger republic  Chad etc to infiltrate the country especially in the north in the intents of gaining some populations , more foot soldiers and for political reasons whereby a whole lot of these non Nigerians who has and will never see themselves as Nigerians may be the reasons why responsible for blood letting. . Some and if not a sizeable number of them could 've even got into sensitive areas in the country as representatives of the North  due to the endorsements of these Big    . This  I believe they ( the leaders and the immigrants) did using Islam as a guise which they were not really practising but used it as a weapon, lighter put, vehicle through which they remain their relevance /power. They are not currently  comfortable with what is happening,that's the reason why they are not making any considerable effort in bringing BH menace to an end because they are under siege consequent upon an age long actions of theirs the ,they cannot now themselves cannot control it. cry cry

Come to think of it, the population of christians of  Northern Nigeria origin are not a small amount, some staes in the Northwest have over 40% indegenious chritians  same in the North central and North east not to now talk of the middle belt. If Nigeria is to break up in like some folks here are agitating, those christians there are doomed, The truth Prophet Mohammed PBUH may be tolerant of Christians,  and Jews  but not his followers,especially in Northern Nigeria ( the fundamentalist) they are ready to annihilate any christian  if given the chance Their guys whenever they date a non muslim especially from the south is like to them they've won a trophy and theyey mainly do it with the intension to defile. However, like someone that likes to argue, if there's no basis for any argument again, he'll turn to arguing himself. This fundamentalists are now getting more and more desperate and anything including these  leaders and Emirs  who seems to be in their way will be done with including the peace in their kingdoms (Emirates ) and even their inherited autohrity  shocked shocked shocked.So breaking Nigeria up is not even in the interest of these Northern leaders because now, The BH will overrun them and their reputable Dynasties will fall. so anybody thinking this is mainly BH is mainlly religious should rethink, it is a political movement not intended for Nigeria in the immediate but to overturn the age-long  Dynasties that has endured till date.

What they need do is to realize that  it is not the same game as it used to be and will need to embrace other Nigerians to help them remain. Also, they need to talk to their subjects , I mean SSUBJECTS and start reading the riot act to those who are non Nigerians within their Emirates with a view to expulsion .

A Yoruba adage says " araba tunra mu, odo ngba rere"  The boabab tree be careful the  flood is gaining power".
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by KDULAR: 7:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
Sorry for the typo-- I'm at work grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by Chubhie: 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2011
Man's inhumanity to Man. May their souls rest in peace. Presido the masses look up to you.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by gaakgaba: 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2011
@koruji."A religion is defined by what its followers practice? Haaaaaa. If this is your line of reasoning then am afraid i dont know where to start. What is theory in all the real facts stated above?
Now go back and watch the video of the suicide bomber before the UN building attack. He could not make a single statement in english and all his statement were translated. That is a typical BH for you. The real problem is ILLETERACY.
Nobody has been able to answer this question and i will continue repeating it. Why are there no such suicide bombers in the south? Are their no muslims in the south? Even you cannot tell me that you dont have muslims around you. Please lets THINK BIG.The earlier we all come together to find a lasting solution to these problem the better for us.
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by KDULAR: 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2011
I think it's not solely illetracy, it is jusy=t a political or revolutionary movement .whose aim isc total take of the hegemony, then Nigeria
Re: Christmas Day: Boko Haram Bomb Catholic Church In Madalla by kettykin: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2011
@ poster as if we are not already in the civil war

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shehu of Borno Escapes Bomb Attack / Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics / What Falae, Fayose Said About PDP Alliance With R-APC, Others Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.